This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
88 Pages<<868788Prev
#2176 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:24:17 AM(UTC)
I've had good results today and made it to 4357, then was just doing well in another round, headed for another good finish and some person who I can't use the words I'd like to describe them, rammed me into a bridge and I stopped dead. I caught him up (still in a low position) but he deliberately held me up. I finished the adventure 5th and lost 15 points. These people should be banned from Xbox live. (Or from life. j/k! I know, it's 'just a game' and I shouldn't let myself get wound up by it.)

Edited by user Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:51:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2177 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:27:23 PM(UTC)
Since people dont get punished for dirty driving, i'm gonna start knocking people outside checkpoints. I dont mind fighting fire with fire. I've lost 80 today because of people constantly playing dirty. The guy just now made sure to knock me away from the finishing point in a freeroam. Wow we're going that far now? Okay, I can be a very dirty finesse player and I guess thats what needs to be done to win these days. So be it.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 3 users liked this post.
#2178 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:02:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Since people dont get punished for dirty driving, i'm gonna start knocking people outside checkpoints. I dont mind fighting fire with fire. I've lost 80 today because of people constantly playing dirty. The guy just now made sure to knock me away from the finishing point in a freeroam. Wow we're going that far now? Okay, I can be a very dirty finesse player and I guess thats what needs to be done to win these days. So be it.

That is sadly what rank mode is generating, a generation of players with high ramming skills, low social criteria. This will for sure contaminate all FH episodes.

I understand those going for it, frustration can be hell, I won't. Just same way I wouldn't trick my game even if I knew how ... I have values and disrespect of other players is against these.

what PG/T10 did to Forza by making dirty racing legit and promoting it, is just a shame.

#2179 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:03:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

That is sadly what rank mode is generating, a generation of players with high ramming skills, low social criteria. This will for sure contaminate all FH episodes.

I understand those going for it, frustration can be hell, I won't. Just same way I wouldn't trick my game even if I knew how ... I have values and disrespect of other players is against these.

what PG/T10 did to Forza by making dirty racing legit and promoting it, is just a shame.

No one gets punished, they don't even give you extra rank if you're clean. So what's the point? People get a stern talking to in a message or we rib them on the forum but what does it change? Nothing. I'm not gonna go after everyone but if someone stands between me and winning overall I'll probably tap them very strategically

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:07:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#2180 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:16:19 AM(UTC)
Hi all,
i am a new FH4 user not new on sim racing though. Upon finishing all of the game challenges i am now on trying free for all ranked adventure.

When started as unranked met with some crazy opponents ramming me from behind or out of the track. I thought ok, when climbing upwards these players will diminish, guess what i have to deal with more rammers. The only way to win this thing is to start close to pole position, PG should adress this.

A walkaround could be something like this, at the end of each game set all of the participants can give someone a negative voting. So the annoying guy with the corolla gets a few penalty points. If you get enough penalty points and PG detects colisions with other opponents you are out for a month. This should do the trick i guess.

My 2c

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2020 6:31:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2181 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:15:23 AM(UTC)
I've recovered the points I lost, and reached a new high. Haven't encountered any very bad sportsmanship in those games, a few times I passed people when they had easy opportunities to punt me off, and they accepted it gracefully - there are still good people in this world! Another race I was overtaken by someone who tapped me a bit, I didn't think it was unsportsmanly but he said sorry and slowed down and let me pass! Just imagine how pleasant this game could be if everyone was like this gentleman.

I find I'm getting more nervous, the higher I climb, because the better you do, the better the ranking system expects you to do. And rarely are there players higher rank than me in the room, so I am expected to always win, which really puts the pressure on. It is one of the reasons I am still playing this, rather than unranked. Unranked is too often a cakewalk and unsatisfying to win. Sometimes you get a strong lobby but usually it's very average or weak and winning feels empty, like I've just beaten up on some novice bots.
#2182 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:22:04 AM(UTC)
I know what you mean! During my climb from league 6 to league 2 I hardly ever lost points, so I was always super tense and sometimes didn't even want to play to preserve my rank. :P

After losing ~90 points to a disconnect and game crash I think I've fully internalized that the biggest barrier to climb is crashes/disconnects and the poor matchmaking/not enough players. It's really gotten me to care less about my rank and I'm more relaxed now when I play.

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:24:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2183 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:36:21 AM(UTC)
I'm the same, I am wary of playing when I'm tired or if I'm not confident I can focus sufficiently, out of fear of losing points... my rank, my precious rank! 😂 I think when you can lose hours or days of hard-earned progress with just one mishap, it is understandable to be a bit tense! But being too tense is more likely to make your fears come true of course, so I do try to relax as much as possible.
#2184 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:50:01 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I used to play team ranked whenever I didn't feel warmed up or didn't want to stress over my ffa rank, now idc :P
#2185 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:20:19 AM(UTC)
Played again today after a little break and had two forms of bad luck... after the S1 road adventure was finished, I had the 'you were disconnected' message during the final scoreboard display. Whether this means I will be punished I don't know yet.

Also I came second to a league 8 player who had grandmaster type pace, in a Ferrari 458 which I didn't even know was that fast.

Actually just checked the leaderboard and it says I only lost 3 points in which case it's not so bad.
#2186 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:02:25 PM(UTC)
The Team Wars event tomorrow is S1 Ferrari, so you probably ran into someone using their second account to practice.
#2187 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 3:06:10 PM(UTC)
Ah that would certainly make sense!
88 Pages<<868788Prev

Notification

Icon
Error