This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
16 Pages<<141516Prev
#376 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:02:45 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I had the same issue and I recently found a fix that works for me.

In my case, I found a fix and it was very simple. Go to Sound Settings > [Select your main speaker] > Right Click Properties. And then change the Spatial Sound from "off" to "Windows Sonic for Headphones", and it finally works!

I hope this fix works for you guys, cheers!
#377 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:25:23 PM(UTC)
Thanks TruSpeedster, i haven't seen anyone mentioning this workaround before. But at least in my case, changing spatial sound to "Windows sonic for headphones" unfortunately does not help. Maybe someone else has better luck.

Still waiting for a fix, or a miracle, …….. or both.

#378 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:28:54 PM(UTC)
Hello Galford24, I am having some mixed results as well. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. I guess in my case, it's definitely about the audio issue.

I have different speakers that I use as I use my wireless headphones sometimes. Changing them all to enable Windows sonic for headphones and switching around back and forth when trying to open the game works sometimes. Maybe give that a try

Good luck and hopefully you can play again soon, cheers!
#379 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:29:08 PM(UTC)
Hello Galford24, I am having some mixed results as well. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. I guess in my case, it's definitely about the audio issue.

I have different speakers that I use as I use my wireless headphones sometimes. Changing them all to enable Windows sonic for headphones and switching around back and forth when trying to open the game works sometimes. Maybe give that a try

Good luck and hopefully you can play again soon, cheers!
 2 users liked this post.
#380 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:12:12 PM(UTC)
I tried that too to no avail. That's my last message, I'm done with it. I wonder how many give up for that game whereas we paid for the ultimate. I believe I never felt so betrayed by a gaming company/gaming service.
#381 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:57:52 PM(UTC)
LOL prepare to laugh.

Ok FH3, FM7 are working perfectly flawlessly on win 10.

FH4 after dozen of hours of tinkering, (more like fifty hours to be precise..)
I ve finally managed to make it WORK again !!!!
.... for few minutes.

What I did : after 10 or so reinstalls - I ve installed FH4 demo, and then immediately played FH4 by changing the size of the slpash screen.. and then... Turn 10 logo... Playground logo... I was in awe.
and right after closing few minutes later it started to crash on splash screen, my reaction was not anger or rage, but just a chuckle.

What kind of **** company Microsoft is .. I mean its unprecedented !
Im on PCs since 1990 I ve always felt that Ive possessed all my games, digital or boxed format, all of them worked for years, decades... we have plenty of workarounds to make old games working.
BUT HERE ? No for the first time in THIRTY YEARS I felt depossessed of my goods for some unknown reason.
I ve bought FH4 day one DLC 1+2 (without knowing that the second one will be some corporate joke since it was sold as a package of two on PC only) Car Pass, played for hundred hours and wanting more and one update later... POOF it dissapeared.
About 80 euros or so... for someting I cannot play at all ?

Who the hell are those guys ? It's obviousely a conflict between Microsoft store accounts and Xbox live accounts SORT IT OUT !

tldr; : don't bother fixing.

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:26:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/8/2020 7:11:34 AM(UTC)
#382 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 12:06:55 AM(UTC)
Anyone else getting the problem of their game not going past the initial loading screen after pressing A? It’s just an infinite load.

[Mod Edit - Text removed; implied/self-censored profanity is prohibited; cumulative violations lead to cumulative account suspension time, including permanent ban. - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2020 7:10:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#383 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 12:51:24 AM(UTC)
Hi Galford24

Just tried and doesn't work.
#384 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 7:42:07 AM(UTC)
I know this isn't a practical fix but the only way so far i have found that fixes the Activation hang on start up of the game is to back personal files and format any drives that have anything to do with current windows install and ior micrsoft store games i.e OS on 1 drive, Program/games on another. Then reinstall windows (in my experiments i chose to reinstall windows onto a different drive than it was previously on) and Reinstalled the BASE Forza Horizon 4 only onto a different drive than it was previously on also, i appreciate for some this simply isn't an option but it is 1 way i managed to fix my game and i hope it helps others.
#385 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:14:09 AM(UTC)
Hello friends,

I had the same issue with Hang Type: Activation. I just formatted my PC by clearing and formatting my two hard disks (One SSD which includes my operating system and one mechanical hard disk for games and other stuff), and miraculously it worked!

I really didn't know how this happened, so I just thought that when I format my PC, Windows creates a folder in "Users" with your computer name (usually it is your name with some of the letters missing if your name is too long), so I change that name with using a guide from a YouTube video. However, this time I did this operation before I start to install my programs. In other words, I changed my user name folder just after I installed Windows. That is one thing that I think that game fails to activate but I am not so sure about this. However, it's worth to try I think. (This thing is for the people if anyone does the same user name folder change operation).

The other thing that I find while searching throughout regedit. There is a field on:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\ContentId

which contains some ID that I did not understand. While I was looking at the Value Data field, I realised that they are really similar to the "Owner" of the game files in the "Security" tab in "Properties" when you right click to the game installation folder. Maybe that is the reason game crashes because game cannot find the "Owner" of the folder. Maybe it is worth checking the "Value Data" field and compare if the "Value Data" matches with the folder's "Owner".

I hope this works for someone, or everyone (I only can just hope it :'()
/Hello friends,

I had the same issue with Hang Type: Activation. I just formatted my PC by clearing and formatting my two hard disks (One SSD which includes my operating system and one mechanical hard disk for games and other stuff), and miraculously it worked!

I really didn't know how this happened, so I just thought that when I format my PC, Windows creates a folder in "Users" with your computer name (usually it is your name with some of the letters missing if your name is too long), so I change that name with using a guide from a YouTube video. However, this time I did this operation before I start to install my programs. In other words, I changed my user name folder just after I installed Windows. That is one thing that I think that game fails to activate but I am not so sure about this. However, it's worth to try I think. (This thing is for the people if anyone does the same user name folder change operation).

The other thing that I find while searching throughout regedit. There is a field on:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\ContentId

which contains some ID that I did not understand. While I was looking at the Value Data field, I realised that they are really similar to the "Owner" of the game files in the "Security" tab in "Properties" when you right click to the game installation folder. Maybe that is the reason game crashes because game cannot find the "Owner" of the folder. Maybe it is worth checking the "Value Data" field and compare if the "Value Data" matches with the folder's "Owner".

I hope this works for someone, or everyone (I only can just hope it :'()
(This is the same answer that I wrote to this link: https://answers.microsof...7d7926?auth=1&page=3)
#386 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 1:46:34 AM(UTC)
Me also affected from the activation error.. Have no time to try 100 workarounds or reinstalls (windows reinstall and format drives, are you kidding me??).. Where can I get my money back MS?
 2 users liked this post.
#387 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 6:53:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ggrocams Go to Quoted Post
LOL prepare to laugh.

Ok FH3, FM7 are working perfectly flawlessly on win 10.

FH4 after dozen of hours of tinkering, (more like fifty hours to be precise..)
I ve finally managed to make it WORK again !!!!
.... for few minutes.

What I did : after 10 or so reinstalls - I ve installed FH4 demo, and then immediately played FH4 by changing the size of the slpash screen.. and then... Turn 10 logo... Playground logo... I was in awe.
and right after closing few minutes later it started to crash on splash screen, my reaction was not anger or rage, but just a chuckle.

What kind of **** company Microsoft is .. I mean its unprecedented !
Im on PCs since 1990 I ve always felt that Ive possessed all my games, digital or boxed format, all of them worked for years, decades... we have plenty of workarounds to make old games working.
BUT HERE ? No for the first time in THIRTY YEARS I felt depossessed of my goods for some unknown reason.
I ve bought FH4 day one DLC 1+2 (without knowing that the second one will be some corporate joke since it was sold as a package of two on PC only) Car Pass, played for hundred hours and wanting more and one update later... POOF it dissapeared.
About 80 euros or so... for someting I cannot play at all ?

Who the hell are those guys ? It's obviousely a conflict between Microsoft store accounts and Xbox live accounts SORT IT OUT !

tldr; : don't bother fixing.

"unprecedented" Is definitely the right word. I've been gaming for decades, too, and have never seen anything even remotely as bad before. To think that a game would have this bad of an issue this late into the product life cycle is simply ridiculous. I can understand it being an issue during the initial launch, and maybe lasting for a day until the developers realize that about a third of their player base cannot use the product they paid good money for. But a game that has been out for a couple of years now and to be downright unplayable for so many months? Absolutely atrocious. I have lost all trust in the developers.

#388 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 6:53:57 AM(UTC)
z

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:06:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#389 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:03:40 AM(UTC)
y

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:05:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#390 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:03:58 AM(UTC)
x

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:05:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#391 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:33:28 AM(UTC)
Where is the reply from Turn10? Paid 99 Euros for the Ultimate Edition and I'm **** ed.. Meanwhile my buddy is playing the cracked Version without a problem >:(
16 Pages<<141516Prev

Notification

Icon
Error