2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 2:34:35 PM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967 please submit a ticket on this to Forza Support for investigation and explanation, so they can confirm directly if the livery was actually removed, and if so why.
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 3:32:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
KoolIROCZ1967 please submit a ticket on this to Forza Support for investigation and explanation, so they can confirm directly if the livery was actually removed, and if so why.

Would be very eager to - can you provide a link ? I’ve never had to submit a ticket to Forza support ?

Thanks for your help 👍🏻
sig box
#28 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:32:05 PM(UTC)

Oddly enough, considering the number of General Lee liveries that exist, and how many downloads they have, I can't remember having ever actually seen one in game.

I don't think that the General Lee Liveries appear to other drivers in a Live session. I was trying to do a photo op with a friend online of my Bandit Trans Am and his General, what I saw in on my side was a basic orange Charger. He screen capped his screen and sent it, His side was the General, and this was a year or so ago. It's almost like the liveries have been getting filtered from Live use for at least that long. Regarding this ban, I have a General Lee that I never use online. It occasionally gets used in offline local and I typically change cars before I'm put back into a Live session. Are owners of the livery going to get banned for simply owning the livery, or only if it gets used online?
#29 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:05:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post

Are owners of the livery going to get banned for simply owning the livery, or only if it gets used online?

Unlikely. The paint or player needs to be reported to get banned so if nobody sees that livery, you should be pretty safe.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#30 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:07:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post

Would be very eager to - can you provide a link ? I’ve never had to submit a ticket to Forza support ?

Thanks for your help 👍🏻

There's a Support button on top of this forum's interface (rightmost, after Forza RC) :)

It leads to https://support.forzamotorsport.net/ which is where you submit a ticket.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:41:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your help 👍🏻

There's a Support button on top of this forum's interface (rightmost, after Forza RC) :)

It leads to https://support.forzamotorsport.net/ which is where you submit a ticket.

Thanks for the help Quadro,

I found it and have submitted a ticket 2 days ago - although “design mistakenly removed” not an official subject topic - so I filed a “ban” ticket - to be honest - I’ll be very surprised if I ever hear a reply or this gets resolved .... I realize there are far worse situations in life to consider than this but just somewhat disappointed in whatever decision or process was executed to “blanket” remove these designs and how mine got filtered in the masses ? And what would appear the lack of desire to “make it right” 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:46:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sig box
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:49:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: impanther2002 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dram67 Go to Quoted Post
Is this paint scheme banned in FH4? I had a fairly successful GL charger in FH3, and immediately shared it in FH4. Last night, I found out that I had been banned for some unknown reason. All of my designs now show 0 downloads, 0 likes. My tag is dram67. Can anyone do a search and see if the design is still visible? Thanks

The General Lee is a very iconic car. I don't see a design for it getting banned at all even if it has the battle flag of the confederacy on its roof.

Oof u were a tiny bit wrong there...
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:35:29 PM(UTC)
Too bad there is nothing offensive about the deep Virginia flag as it is not the confederate. The confederate flag had stars in a circle and red and white bars. Stop bringing politics into a game that millions of people play just because you don't agree with it! you got a problem with it then do not play the game! An iconic car with a flag is not hurting no one and if you think race should be spoken about instead of everyone is equal then get over it! I for one will put whatever i want on my car since it is not a real life vehicle and if you get offended then go to your mom and cry some more leave americans alone with you stupid propaganda! thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:44:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:56:38 PM(UTC)
You know... after hearing about this recent fiasco, and during this ongoing civil crisis (which will end up in all out civil war if it continues), I'm beginning to question what exactly the motive of enforcing such rules is. If I painted a breathtakingly beautiful oil on canvas of a renowned battle which just so happened to have any sort of flag or, ahem excuse me, "notorious iconography", would normal people consider it ugly simply because of the flag in the background? In that scenario, it makes zero sense to have some hatred for a painting or the artist solely because of some detail rather than the painting in its entirety.

Same goes for anything under the Sun deemed by humans, just the same as every other human, as "notorious iconography". I'm often told I'm a well-spoken individual, and I think I have a relatively wide vocabulary. However that is such an overly complex and descriptive phrase that the cause of enforcement is not directly apparent. I don't appreciate the confederacy, nor the **** , nor the Japanese Empire, nor their flags or other "notorious iconography".

That being said, most people I've spoken with who claim to be big supporters of these movements rarely, and by rarely I mean two people out of 50, know why they're "supporters". They've no clue what the history of the flag is, let alone which side their ancestors fought on. Keep politics out of games, good Lord. It's a flag. I don't agree with the practices of any of the aforementioned, but what if someone just likes the look of the flag? Is that any different from the numerous people I've spoken with who themselves are "fighting for change" in these movements yet don't even know why they're fighting or what they're even fighting for? There's ignorance everywhere, every which way, on every side regardless of what anyone thinks. I may very well be one of the many ignorant ones. However I don't even have any General Lee replicas uploaded, nor have I considered making any as they're already pretty well-known and extremely popular.

OP, you're likely to get banned. I wouldn't agree with it if you did as I think the reasoning behind these changes is senseless. Same thing with other racing titles removing product brands such as Marlboro, Martini, and what not. I, myself, have a Marlboro Lancia S4 design from the Group B era. I love the look of the design. Granted, I used to smoke Marlboros as well, but the brand name on the car is what makes the livery iconic. That parallels the flags. (There's really no racing livery you could make with the **** flag as far as I can tell, but it's a flag just like the rebel flag and Japanese Empire rising Sun.)

Speaking of the rising Sun... what's going to happen to all the Liberty Walk designs? Or all of the other popular, iconic liveries which sport the rising Sun on the entire car? Heh... odd how that snowballs.
#35 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 7:58:18 AM(UTC)
Here is my version, see if it gets deleted

General Leia

[img=https://imgur.com/r3zJZot]General Leia1[/img]

[img=https://imgur.com/8zdIWCL]General Leia2[/img]

[img=https://imgur.com/e6pvQma]General Leia3[/img]

Edit: ok, having issues posting pics

Forget it, doing it as links isntead

General Leia1

General Leia2

General Leia3

Edited by user Monday, July 13, 2020 5:29:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Had to figure out the pic posting thing

#36 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:02:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BomberVette Go to Quoted Post

OP, you're likely to get banned. I wouldn't agree with it if you did as I think the reasoning behind these changes is senseless. Same thing with other racing titles removing product brands such as Marlboro, Martini, and what not. I, myself, have a Marlboro Lancia S4 design from the Group B era. I love the look of the design. Granted, I used to smoke Marlboros as well, but the brand name on the car is what makes the livery iconic. That parallels the flags. (There's really no racing livery you could make with the **** flag as far as I can tell, but it's a flag just like the rebel flag and Japanese Empire rising Sun.)

Speaking of the rising Sun... what's going to happen to all the Liberty Walk designs? Or all of the other popular, iconic liveries which sport the rising Sun on the entire car? Heh... odd how that snowballs.

Keep in mind that the OP's post is from 2018, when General Lees were still allowed in Forza and Mississippi still had the battle emblem on its flag. That being said, it's absurd to assume that people who put the Confederate battle flag on a Dodge Charger to recreate the General Lee are supporting the oppression of African Americans.

The Rising Sun has come under fire because during World War II, imperial Japan oppressed Koreans under that flag. But does that mean Playground Games is supporting the oppression of Koreans by putting the rising sun on a Hoonigan Porsche 911 to recreate the Tire Slayer?
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:54:19 PM(UTC)
There's just so many delicate flowers in the world. Imagine if an ability to type in open chat existed in forza, most of those people would start crying.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:34:26 PM(UTC)
What I don't understand is why it was banned. Sure, it is the Confederate Flag, but that happened SO MANY YEARS AGO. I'm sorry that we don't have a Time Traveling Delorean to go back and fix it, but that is just the way it is. I love the General Lee becuase I am a huge movie car lover.

If people actually watched The Dukes of Hazzard they would realize that the shown has no racist references to the flag at all. But nope, all of these keyboard warriors and protesters see it on the car and flip their lid. THE SHOW ISNT EVEN ABOUT THE FLAG OR RACIST STUFF.

I bought Forza becuase I love to drive cars. I didn't buy Forza to get involved with politics about some flag from many many MANY years ago. Hell, if I was that mad about why did I buy a car game? Just let me drive the cars I want to.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 7:12:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OrangeKey822342 Go to Quoted Post

If people actually watched The Dukes of Hazzard they would realize that the shown has no racist references to the flag at all. But nope, all of these keyboard warriors and protesters see it on the car and flip their lid. THE SHOW ISNT EVEN ABOUT THE FLAG OR RACIST STUFF.

I bought Forza becuase I love to drive cars. I didn't buy Forza to get involved with politics about some flag from many many MANY years ago. Hell, if I was that mad about why did I buy a car game? Just let me drive the cars I want to.
Indeed. It does get ridiculous. Now any blue cross on red background is being targeted. A bed and breakfast had to remove a Norweigian flag because people kept thinking it was a Confederate flag. A perfect example of the slippery slope that can happen when you try to ban flags or otherwise erase them from society. The removed General Bee livery that had won a community contest mentioned earlier in this thread is another. No telling when Pokemon Sword will be attacked because of Leon's outfit.

I agree that politics should be kept out of video games, and pop culture as a whole. To adapt a quote from Dukes of Hazzard actor John Schneider, "Can't we all just play Forza?".

Edited by user Friday, August 14, 2020 7:16:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 2:20:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: koiftt Go to Quoted Post
The Confederate Battle flag.
When i turn on the news i see people who find it offensive.
When i talk to my African-American friends they find it offensive.
When i google search the KKK or neo- **** i see images of it.
It is offensive, I find it offensive.

The General Lee is an iconic car. The Corvettes were iconic cars in motorsport history.
But there are other iconic cars to paint and race that don’t offend.

Not too long ago we received a message in Horizon 4 about a change in policy. The policy also stated that hate symbols have always been prohibited.
The Anti-Defamation League lists the flag as a hate symbol, so bans are possible.

I’m not going to report paints with this flag, i have better things to do with my time, but i would recommend all painters to consider the greater community and remove any paint that may offend.

you clearly need a history lesson if the flag offends you there buddy
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 2:21:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: koiftt Go to Quoted Post
The Confederate Battle flag.
When i turn on the news i see people who find it offensive.
When i talk to my African-American friends they find it offensive.
When i google search the KKK or neo- **** i see images of it.
It is offensive, I find it offensive.

The General Lee is an iconic car. The Corvettes were iconic cars in motorsport history.
But there are other iconic cars to paint and race that don’t offend.

Not too long ago we received a message in Horizon 4 about a change in policy. The policy also stated that hate symbols have always been prohibited.
The Anti-Defamation League lists the flag as a hate symbol, so bans are possible.

I’m not going to report paints with this flag, i have better things to do with my time, but i would recommend all painters to consider the greater community and remove any paint that may offend.

you clearly need a history lesson if the flag offends you there buddy

be sure to look for me ILL BE IN THE GENERAL LEE WITH THE REBEL FLAG FLYING HIGH
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:00:37 PM(UTC)
& if you end up with a ban, don't come crying back to the forums saying you didn't know it was against the rules.

I don't think anyone really has a beef with the General Lee but you can't ban the flag, without banning cars that use it.
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:12:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think anyone really has a beef with the General Lee but you can't ban the flag, without banning cars that use it.
The Rising Sun is another banned flag yet the Hoonigan Porsche has a Rising Sun sticker on the back window by default. So maybe Turn 10 can grant exceptions to certain cars. If not, will they have to ban themselves for the Hoonigan Porsche?
#44 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:20:19 PM(UTC)
That's for them to work out, it's their world, we're just playing around in it. They still get to set the house rules either way.
#45 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 10:41:13 PM(UTC)
Yes, they get to set the house rules, but they are responsible for following the rules they set as well. You can't expect people to take rules seriously if you set them but don't follow them yourself. And this doesn't just apply to Turn 10, but to any entity in general. It makes you look hypocritical and full of double standards.

As people have pointed out on Reddit, the Hoonigan Porsche has a Rising Sun sticker on the back window and one of the community vinyls is in the shape of a Rising Sun. Not exactly practicing what you preach there.

Edited by user Saturday, August 15, 2020 10:45:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 12:43:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
The confusion (genuine or intentional) is that the missing word in the BLM movement is the word "Only" as in "ONLY Black Lives Matter" whereas the actual missing word is "Also"

"Black Lives Matter ALSO"

The movement and people who support it are not saying they are the only ones who matter, they are saying Don't forget, we matter too.

But to stay on topic, I agree the flag as a common adornment for most any vehicle should be banned...but I am still on the fence regarding the General Lee liveries in particular. The car itself was an emblem of a show, not to promote racism or racist ideologies. And most likely, the car is included in Forza because of the show itself. It is an iconic vehicle and the liveries pay homage to that.

Oddly enough, considering the number of General Lee liveries that exist, and how many downloads they have, I can't remember having ever actually seen one in game.

#47 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:03:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
Yes, they get to set the house rules, but they are responsible for following the rules they set as well. You can't expect people to take rules seriously if you set them but don't follow them yourself. And this doesn't just apply to Turn 10, but to any entity in general. It makes you look hypocritical and full of double standards.

As people have pointed out on Reddit, the Hoonigan Porsche has a Rising Sun sticker on the back window and one of the community vinyls is in the shape of a Rising Sun. Not exactly practicing what you preach there.

That isn't one that is banned that's why.
"The flag was used by the Imperial Japanese military and Japan's actions during WORLD WAR II, it is regarded offensive in East Asia, particularly in South Korea (which was ruled by Japan) and China."
That isn't what is on that car. That is not the flag used in WWII. A non banned one is also on the the #31 Lancia in Forza 6 and 7

Edited by user Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:05:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:30:26 PM(UTC)
How did this get riled back up again after over a month?

And was there any reason to quote me? I don't see any comment to it, just my quote.
Quick Reply
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error