This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:06:41 AM(UTC)
Imagine having a street racing game that is actually realistic, where you don’t do 100 metre jumps over a field in a lan evo. Where you aren’t forced to go off road in a track car. Just imagine people.
Surely I’m not the only one. Have always LOVED the forza series but ever since horizon is here it’s never been the same. Loved 1 + 2 as I was always expecting the new ones to feel better and more realistic but have always been greeted with the same game. Greasy tarmac, slow responses from the cars and no realistic driving in anyway shape or form.

Someone must share the same opinion that horizon needs an option where you can at least carry over motorsport physics, PLEASE! I want to be boolin down a mountain road with the homies being able to do some proper driving (I’m still mad about fujimi kaido)

As I’m aware this is an arcade game and not a sim or whatever. However, it carries the forza name. Not need for speed. I just wish they’d stop trying to appeal to kids and give us a real good street racing game:( even if it’s a new instalment.
 5 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/8/2020 7:11:34 AM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 11:15:12 PM(UTC)
Play Motorsport. It’s the reason for the games.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:13:23 AM(UTC)
You can add FH6 to your comment as no modification will happen on FH4 and next episode is certainly already mostly cooked.

Under 50 pages of furious comments, T10/PG does not even consider it could possibly be a subject to have a look at, some day, when they have time.

Some actions were taken to bring back the limit realism/arcade, at game start Free Roam was with road race cars ... now you have this only on dirt and CC...

'Go to FM' is the comment I am against as FM is not opened world, no street races, etc + It is not because it is opened that it should not be a bit realistic. Nevertheless, it's true that PG/T10 are targeting kids and mostly ignoring racing fans.

Good luck with your topic, PG/T10 refused to block Lego cars to go mainland despite some were not ok including in the game team itself. Luckily, looks like no one found OP cars among those.

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:21:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:45:36 AM(UTC)
I don't want too much realism, else your car will be wrecked by the end of most races.
 6 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:32:40 AM(UTC)
This is why FH1 is still my favorite Horizon game despite all the improvements with tuning, world size and car roster in more recent Horizon games. It didn't have any of the insane cross country insanity or excessive silliness of the more recent games, and had a lot more nods to realism with little things like the player character wearing racing gear during official festival races and not wearing it during unofficial street races.

Unless FH5 is a course correction there's a good chance FH4 will be my last Horizon game.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 3:56:41 PM(UTC)
Horizon 1 is still my favorite. I still play it frequently.

It would be great if we could go cross country like we can in the later games, and it would also be great if it were upgraded to the current engine, but it is still great as it stands.
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:30:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I don't want too much realism, else your car will be wrecked by the end of most races.

I got to the point where I would play MS6 with full damage on and enjoyed it. I haven't braved that yet here. First of all, the corner crashers would just obliterate you. But pretty much any ramp whatsoever would just annihilate the car completely. There is an arcade balance that they strive for and I think they have it about right. Too much more realism would make most cars undriveable, and too little would simply make them like ping-pong balls.

So the call for more realism is great if you are referring to tarmac only, but as soon as you hit gravel, off-road, sand, etc...all that flies out the window.
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:42:48 PM(UTC)
turn up the difficulty, add simulation damage and steering. if that's not good enough for you, IDK what to say other than try Grand Turismo or Forza Motorsport
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:47:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post
turn up the difficulty, add simulation damage and steering. if that's not good enough for you, IDK what to say other than try Grand Turismo or Forza Motorsport

I don't think the issue is with difficulty (realistic != difficult, although a lot of games mistakenly conflate the two), from my perspective the bigger problems are the nonsensical cross country routes with stupidly unrealistic jumps and wreckage and the fact that this sort of offroad insanity leaks into other routes as well like the one street race that cuts across a field and the goliath and multiple road routes having water crossings. In this case the unrealistic elements are actually adding difficulty, and making the routes more realistic would make them easier to navigate.

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:47:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post

I don't think the issue is with difficulty (realistic != difficult, although a lot of games mistakenly conflate the two), from my perspective the bigger problems are the nonsensical cross country routes with stupidly unrealistic jumps and wreckage that make playing with sim damage pretty much impossible (even if you race perfectly you'll take unavoidable damage from the environment due to the awful route design) and the fact that this sort of offroad insanity leaks into other routes as well like the one street race that cuts across a field and the goliath and multiple road routes having water crossings. In this case the unrealistic elements are actually adding difficulty, and making the routes more realistic would make them easier to navigate.

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:51:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:52:20 PM(UTC)
You are looking for fun in the wrong places. The metagame is not supposed to be realistic, nor fun.

A good way to tone these supercars down would be to eliminate drivetrain conversions, but then you'd have kids complaining they can't drive the cars... That's why Playground doesn't care.

IRL you can't just convert any car to AWD. Not enough room, too much work, etc. But AWD is theoretically the best drivetrain. I was reading on trophy trucks and learned the reason they don't use AWD is entirely down to reliability. More parts to break. So RWD rules Baja, because it's simpler. In the situation you were able to build an AWD truck as reliable as the RWD ones, no one would use RWD anymore.

Where Playground fails is that RWD cars usually take the fight to AWD cars on tarmac. The M3 E30 was uncompetitive in Group A rally, but would often win tarmac rallies, which more closely resembled the events the M3 built its fame on (race tracks). AWD has a too heavy nose, lacks the nimbleness of RWD. And, for high powered cars, there's always traction control.

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:01:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
You are looking for fun in the wrong places. The metagame is not supposed to be realistic, nor fun.

A good way to tone these supercars down would be to eliminate drivetrain conversions, but then you'd have kids complaining they can't drive the cars... That's why Playground doesn't care.

IRL you can't just convert any car to AWD. Not enough room, too much work, etc. But AWD is theoretically the best drivetrain. I was reading on trophy trucks and learned the reason they don't use AWD is entirely down to reliability. More parts to break. So RWD rules Baja, because it's simpler. In the situation you were able to build an AWD truck as reliable as the RWD ones, no one would use RWD anymore.

Where Playground fails is that RWD cars usually take the fight to AWD cars on tarmac. The M3 E30 was uncompetitive in Group A rally, but would often win tarmac rallies, which more closely resembled the events the M3 built its fame on (race tracks). AWD has a too heavy nose, lacks the nimbleness of RWD. And, for high powered cars, there's always traction control.

Ability to convert cars goes along with having the possibility to enable some assists like ESP/C that were released to market in 80s, or ABS which started to spread only from 70s. ... light chassis for old cars ...

No kid has any idea of what ABS stands for, they would rage with fury if it was not available on all cars ...

#13 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:01:32 AM(UTC)
I've also wondered if it was fun to roam the Horizon worlds with FM car physics. I'm sure it would be, but I really don't ever see it happening, not even as a separate mode ("hardcore"). I do see a lack of real race tracks dedicated for more realistic physics in FH as well. Let's say you'd have FM7 car restrictions, many sprints and circuits would be a borefest especially for slower classes.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 4:46:45 AM(UTC)
I would love to try FH open worlds with FM tire modeling and physics model, that would be something....if only to turn it into more of a driving simulator and less of a "NFS like Racing Game", which it basically is.

Actually, to be fair, it's the modern evolution of Project Gotham Racing...which is not a bad thing, but now by its 4th iteration I can see why people enjoy the first one: It forced you to stick to the tarmac as the roads were walled gardens and you couldn't go through the guardrails or trees. I think the only true open area was the golf course.

#15 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:01:33 AM(UTC)
I'd say other than the damage model that it's already pretty realistic. If you turn sim damage on, jumps and all that do damage your car to the point that it's unusable. We just don't really see the extent of that damage.
#16 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 11:35:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Ability to convert cars goes along with having the possibility to enable some assists like ESP/C that were released to market in 80s, or ABS which started to spread only from 70s. ... light chassis for old cars ...

No kid has any idea of what ABS stands for, they would rage with fury if it was not available on all cars ...

This game could have been incredible if only they focused on the right things, but Forza is content with just "great", so... :(
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 10:57:36 AM(UTC)
I'd still like to see a way to save difficulty profiles without having to swap all the settings each time. If I want to change the realism/ shift mode for my kid to play a race, it can get tedious to run through each option when I take over again. I know that doesn't change the lack of realism in the game to begin with, but a quick swap option would be nice. Some of the presets add racing lines and other things that aren't needed for experienced drivers.

Notification

Icon
Error