2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:18:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Reading comprehension helps. Someone said no game would allow you to use unrestricted chat. I pointed out this is untrue. I also acknowledged this particular game is also on console and therefore text chat would be essentially impossible. As I said, reading comprehension goes a long way.

Sorry I mixed you up with the OP (yous both have the same avatar), yeah I should have double checked.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:36:22 AM(UTC)
One thing people here haven't brought up yet: Quick Chat is localised.

If I use a Quick Chat phrase, a player with their console language set to English will see the English-language text, a player with their console language set to German will see the German-language text etc.

"Open" text chat doesn't do that and also requires a driver to slow down/stop to type.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:33:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
One thing people here haven't brought up yet: Quick Chat is localised.

If I use a Quick Chat phrase, a player with their console language set to English will see the English-language text, a player with their console language set to German will see the German-language text etc.

"Open" text chat doesn't do that and also requires a driver to slow down/stop to type.

Definitely true, someone else mentioned this.

When I replied I only thought about toxicity, but the fact of the matter is, toxicity I think might be 3rd important.

The reasons as I see them in order of importance would be:
1. Cannot easily type on console while playing.
2. Localised chat with no hassle
3. Toxicity

(personal opinion on how important each of them are)
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:30:33 AM(UTC)
Out of these 3 toxicity would be the main problem. As a Rocket League player on PC, where alongside quick chat there is also text chat, I say enabling text chat in FH4 would be a bad baaaaaaaaad idea. If someone really wants to say something to another player, then Xbox/Xbox app text messaging function allows you to do that.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:32:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:22:47 PM(UTC)
Gran turismo sport has a fully functional chat. Works really well and you don't need to text in the middle of the race. Mostly everyone behave well. Toxic texting is quite rare actually. I really would love to have a chat in forza too. Would be nice to hear what others had to say about a race. Mby i can learn from other players if i could have a chat.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error