2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:45:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
silly thing just needs to be removed. Same with all the other silly nonsense.
I definitely do NOT agree. The whole point of the Horizon series is to have fun. Personally, I think the biggest mistake they have made with this series is an attempt to make it too serious in many respects, especially with things like online ranked.

If I want serious racing, I play FMS. If I want to have fun, I play a Horizon series game.

#27 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:45:56 AM(UTC)
I definitely do NOT agree. The whole point of the Horizon series is to have fun. Personally, I think the biggest mistake they have made with this series is an attempt to make it too serious in many respects, especially with things like online ranked.

If I want serious racing, I play FMS. If I want to have fun, I play a Horizon series game.

#28 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:47:54 AM(UTC)
These posted twice due to a server error. We need a delete post option.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:22:34 PM(UTC)

So you're telling me that you can't have fun without looking a total fool? Did you not have fun with H1, H2, or H3? I think this garbage needs to be removed or at least give us a control to turn it off. I don't want this trash forced upon me in my game. I can turn off player liveries. Why not give me the option to turn off these ridiculous outfits?

I need to rewrite my post. I was talking about having fun driving cars and not being so serious about the races and what cars are being used in Horizon.

I absolutely love the Horizon series. In fact, it is my favorite series of all games, especially Horizon 1.

I totally agree with you about the outfits as well as the prancing/dancing and the in game preprogrammed conversations. I also turn off as much of the music as I can.

2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:08:59 PM(UTC)

The original point of Horizon was to make a Forza on open roads akin to Test Drive Unlimited. These "fun"-loving people only arrived in FH3, which was when the "fun" started.

The car is broken. D100 and it spanks D500 cars. PI system can't handle it. Higher tunes make it undrivable. I was able to have some fun with the Isetta, which is a cool challenge, but the Peel P50? Forget it.

At its heart, Horizon is still a driving game and somehow I don't think a Peel P50 makes for good transportation when it comes to living my fantasies of cruising heavenly maps.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:25:46 PM(UTC)
"go to FMS", same kind of comments I read for corner bombing, wall riding, collisions penalties, track-tor, boneshaker ... to all those guys I say go to Mariokart.

I don't think any player complaining here is considering FH being the ultimate racing simulation. That's not the point, the point is to keep the game fun and race fun comes with being able to race with many different cars. When a car overall performance is killing the game, fun is over.

Coming back to the specific case of this car, given track-tor like overall performance, it make sense to exclude it from online and rivals with the objective to get races back to some plural vehicles challenge
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:45:57 PM(UTC)
I have no experience with the Track-tor even though I have one. Never used it and only saw one person using one in a PGG one time. So I don't know what makes it so special/broken.

But I just started paying attention to Rivals and on the couple of tracks I checked out saw how S1 900 was dominated by the Monaco King Cobra...so yeah, seems there are a few things that just own one class or another.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:32:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
I have no experience with the Track-tor even though I have one. Never used it and only saw one person using one in a PGG one time. So I don't know what makes it so special/broken.

But I just started paying attention to Rivals and on the couple of tracks I checked out saw how S1 900 was dominated by the Monaco King Cobra...so yeah, seems there are a few things that just own one class or another.

Respectfully, Monaco doesn't 'own' a class; BS and TT eventually won their seats on the no-no list because they practically dominated the majority of events across multiple classes, performing above and beyond 98% of their respected 'classmates' (TT more than BS, but BS had more exposure due to online adventures only featuring a single class race type - B700 Dirt - that was within TT's OP range).

Peel's performance and OP range is much the same as TT's, which is why it was so puzzling that it didn't get the same ban. Races with them was a kin to having a couple solid S1900 cars pop in for yor A800 road races. There's nothing else besides that Peel thing that comes anywhere remotely close to what BS/TT were getting away with.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:31:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added quote.

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 3 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:50:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

The Monaco KC is only a Rivals car though. Very dominant on a lot of tracks but only under Rivals conditions. That's why you don't see many complaints about it. Nobody uses it in Ranked for good reason.
The Bone Shaker and Track-Tor on the other hand were "no-brainer" choices for B700 Dirt or A800. They were easy to drive and were able to deal with any situation. The BS could be beaten on certain tracks by specific cars but its versatility was simply unrivaled and there was no reason to use something else.

If we had D500 or C600 online adventures both Peels would be banned by now, I'm certain. They are beyond dominant but since they are only infesting the Rivals leaderboards the devs don't bother.
 3 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:29:38 AM(UTC)

Original point of Horizon was a TDU-style game in Forza engine. These "fun"-loving people only arrived in FH3. Horizon Festival is supposed to be a music festival, not a circus.

If Playground wants to make a "fun" racing game they could always make a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing instead of ruining Forza.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:36:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Original point of Horizon was a TDU-style game in Forza engine. These "fun"-loving people only arrived in FH3. Horizon Festival is supposed to be a music festival, not a circus.

If Playground wants to make a "fun" racing game they could always make a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing instead of ruining Forza.

This. 🏆

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:37:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:35:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I can’t say I’m that concerned about people not being able to run the Peel in B and A. That said, I really meant banning rather than nerfing. Ban it from C and D rivals and then all those really wanting to run it in B and A class can still do so. Simple fix.

It's not terribly overpowered at C class, at least on some of the rivals courses it has some close competition from cars like the Civic 74 or Roadster.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:36:26 PM(UTC)
I, for one, like the "silly" cars, the cult cars. Some off-kilter classics. This is a car festival, and it should cater to all types. The issue here is that these very light cars don't really fit with how the system's programmed. It's not taking certain factors into the "score", which is giving these cars far more of an edge than they should have.

The issue is not that unusual cars are in the game. The issue is the game does not handle unusual cars properly.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:36:40 PM(UTC)
Multi-post due to server error. Please delete.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:37:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:36:53 PM(UTC)
Multi-post due to server error. Please delete.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:37:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:16:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I can’t say I’m that concerned about people not being able to run the Peel in B and A. That said, I really meant banning rather than nerfing. Ban it from C and D rivals and then all those really wanting to run it in B and A class can still do so. Simple fix.

It's not terribly overpowered at C class, at least on some of the rivals courses it has some close competition from cars like the Civic 74 or Roadster.

Further to this, if anyone wants a challenge there is a Peel on Derwent Valley Dash rivals which is only four tenths ahead of a Civic 74, so knocking it off its perch might be feasible.
#42 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:23:47 AM(UTC)
Fun fact: Peel is actually not op. Rest of the D class cars are underpowered.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error