9 Pages<<789Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#201 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:22:15 PM(UTC)
Unpopular opinion here: The Seasons mechanic sucks, and is borderline a step backward. Being FORCED for a WHOLE WEEK straight to play in god-forsaken winter is terrible. PG games goes on and on how "seasons change everything" when summer, spring, and fall are 99% purely cosmetic. No one was asking for this feature, much less the racing game crowd. This feature belongs in an open world RPG or something like that. A racing game? absolutely not. This game would be perfectly fine without this dumb feature. Seeing how proud they are of this pointless mechanic, I guarantee this will be a mechanic in every following Horizon game. This isolates choices for locations as well, guess we'll never see California due to the not-so-diverse climate over there. And the cherry on top is that this is not lore-friendly at all, a permanently open music festival is completely unrealistic. (GAMEPLAY AND STORY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS, DON'T HIT ME WITH THAT "BUT I CAN JUMP A RELIANT ROBIN OFF A CLIFF AND NOT CRASH" NO ONE WOULD PLAY IF THAT'S THE CASE)

Also I heard that 2/3 of the playerbase drops off at winter, not sure if it's true but it's believable.
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 12:07:57 AM(UTC)
Winter is the best season
You can drive on the lake
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 12:46:56 AM(UTC)
You can't change season in free roam, but if that's an option, you can change it by making custom racing events and blueprints.

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2020 12:47:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#204 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 1:23:10 AM(UTC)
In what universe is implementing seasons in a game a step backwards? Also unpopular opinion some like seasons and feel bored as hell in a permanent Summer environment.
#205 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 1:54:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
You can't change season in free roam, but if that's an option, you can change it by making custom racing events and blueprints.

Exact, it takes very few seconds to create a custom race with the exact season,weather conditions and time of the day you wish. Only Street races are not opened to customization if my memory is good/hardly playing offline.

3 users liked this post.
#206 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:47:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post

Or Rivals where it is permanently dry summer.

Also online races or games take place in all seasons, regardless of the 'current' season.
#207 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 8:32:45 AM(UTC)
I am not a fan of winter driving, either. I do the basic minimum to complete the Forzathon (except PG), during the winter weeks, and that is it.
 2 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 9:32:44 AM(UTC)
Winter is clearly the best season specifically because of the scenery BUT I absolutely hate driving across that frozen lake.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 3 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 10:41:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post
This isolates choices for locations as well, guess we'll never see California due to the not-so-diverse climate over there.

Uh, ...California, where you can go surfing on a sunny beach and skiing in snowy mountains in the same day, that California? 🙄

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#210 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 10:41:10 AM(UTC)
Somehow I just knew you would be saying this, DaReoCharmer. ; )
 2 users liked this post.
#211 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 11:12:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Somehow I just knew you would be saying this, DaReoCharmer. ; )

Yes that California! My home! Its true! I've been caught staring at the falling snow and someone will sneak up and challenge me lol. All the seasons have great weather to gaze at but its nothing like the snow. I'm amazed each time like its the very first time. I whisper to myself...its beautiful lol. I think I get more emotional with age haha
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 2 users liked this post.
#212 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 11:23:46 AM(UTC)
The list of things I hate about this game is endless, but I really love one thing many people dislike: the seasons.

Even feels like the vintage NFS games, where Hometown was the summer version and Country Woods the winter one.

The Gauntlet during Winter, when the tarmac bits are covered in snow, is one of the most brilliant races in any arcade racing game, ever.

Next game in Japan without seasons... Can't help but feel it would be a downgrade, much like the transition from the vastness of Black Flag to the tight restrictions of Unity in Assassin's Creed.

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2020 11:25:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 3 users liked this post.
#213 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:19:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Winter is clearly the best season specifically because of the scenery BUT I absolutely hate driving across that frozen lake.

Oh come on, so much could be done with that if Custom Route Creators could use props. It's really great for higher A-class custom stuff when you need to think aquaplaning and snow formations effects while selecting racing lines, could give tuners new challenge too.

My problem with frozen lake is that in base game there's one boring drag strip on it and that's it. So many possibilities and that's what we got.
#214 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:50:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Q Assassin C Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to make it worst but the seasons change every week, so if you want to play another season than winter you need to play next week, the week after and the week after.

OMG, it's so bad, Ok, I will try to play a different week, but I regret the lack of option.....
#215 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 2:21:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kolysion Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Q Assassin C Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to make it worst but the seasons change every week, so if you want to play another season than winter you need to play next week, the week after and the week after.

OMG, it's so bad, Ok, I will try to play a different week, but I regret the lack of option.....

You are aware that seasons last for one week? That Horizon year last for 28 days? How on earth can you play the same season if you playing at the same time every month? I don't believe you and I think you are a troll.
 2 users liked this post.
#216 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:42:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Oh come on, so much could be done with that if Custom Route Creators could use props. It's really great for higher A-class custom stuff when you need to think aquaplaning and snow formations effects while selecting racing lines, could give tuners new challenge too.

My problem with frozen lake is that in base game there's one boring drag strip on it and that's it. So many possibilities and that's what we got.

Blizzard Mountain had a smaller map and did more with its lake than FH4... :(
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#217 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 1:17:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Agree, globally they we much more inspired on winter activities in Blizzard than on FH4. Full snow races between walls of snow, ice spots, ice area etc were pretty fun
 3 users liked this post.
#218 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 5:10:48 AM(UTC)
Personally find it a bit gimmicky, for 3 of every 4 weeks the change is just aesthetic and adds nothing to the whole point of Forza games, the driving.

I don't think it would be any less of a game without the feature.
#219 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 3:13:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Agree, globally they we much more inspired on winter activities in Blizzard than on FH4. Full snow races between walls of snow, ice spots, ice area etc were pretty fun

Twist the knife... Blizzard Mountain was really awesome expansion for me, really liked it. We don't have those crazy downhill slaloms we had in Blizzard Mountain either. Yet we have mountains, we have winter but only the same routes as during other seasons, unrealised potential. They made map with most vertical surface differences in Horizon ever and then...

I don't think the map is that bad at all. It's what done with it. What were they thinking?

Edited by user Monday, February 3, 2020 3:14:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#220 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 3:00:49 AM(UTC)

Twist the knife... Blizzard Mountain was really awesome expansion for me, really liked it. We don't have those crazy downhill slaloms we had in Blizzard Mountain either. Yet we have mountains, we have winter but only the same routes as during other seasons, unrealised potential. They made map with most vertical surface differences in Horizon ever and then...

I don't think the map is that bad at all. It's what done with it. What were they thinking?

imho, they just did not ever play FH3, remember they did not even considered the duplicate filter that was in FH3. FH4 team went with Zero experience of FH. The most they probably got is a presentation of the game, possibly some few feedback collected that led to removing skill points based CS etc

I fully agree that BM was super fun and no race from winter FH4 gets even close to these, circuits in town all snow ... spent hours on this doing some rivals as, like always with DLC, not available in online CS instant play / only way online was to go there with mates.
#221 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:36:22 PM(UTC)

imho, they just did not ever play FH3, remember they did not even considered the duplicate filter that was in FH3. FH4 team went with Zero experience of FH. The most they probably got is a presentation of the game, possibly some few feedback collected that led to removing skill points based CS etc

I fully agree that BM was super fun and no race from winter FH4 gets even close to these, circuits in town all snow ... spent hours on this doing some rivals as, like always with DLC, not available in online CS instant play / only way online was to go there with mates.

Who really knows. For me there has been some really great things in season dynamic, some Street Scene events including the Marathon are great during winter, they have different feel and impact is beyond visuals. For some reason I like HALO Showcase winter Remix more than original. However, yeah, in some sense it feels like they didn't carry over much from FH3 expansions, meaning, what winter made possible in BM at least. But It's a bit puzzling that they didn't really build from what FH4 seasons and physics made possible either, but for one Drag Strip.

I don't know, they could have done something more for winter just for some sort of wow effect.

For the spring and autumn I can't think but mud, as so far my experience is, that we have visuals for dirt turning to mud in rain, but I don't know if it actually has any impact to physics. I don't do lot of Dirt or Cross Country though.

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2020 10:08:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#222 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:02:02 AM(UTC)

As a norwegian I`m used to be driving on snow. Besides beeing a bit slippery it also reduces road noice wuite a bit, how much depends on how hard & icy it has become.

In Horizon on the other hand snow makes some strange annoying noise like if we were driving on glass. Makes me wonder if those gamemakers have ever seen snow, besides John Snow

Gt: fairlane305
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error