#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:55:01 AM(UTC)
Estimated ladies and gentlemen,

Since I bought Forza Horizon 4, I've been playing it obsessively. First of all, I want to congratulate you on your excellent work: the graphics are spectacular and the game is extremely addictive and fun. However, not all that glitters is gold and I would like to list below some of the dynamics that, in my opinion, affect the playability of the title.
All these are located in the multiplayer mode, which is a shame considering that this is the highlight of the game. The first two are closely related to the gameplay: the penalty of collision against the walls is, in my opinion, not functional to the playability of the title. I understand well your willingness to penalize the phenomenon of "wall riding"; however, the following slowing down penalty is enough to go from first to last position. And this after a clean race to almost the end is extremely frustrating. Not to mention how senseless this system is in my opinion in races such as rally and cross country, where drifting and small bumps are the order of the day. The same is true in my opinion for the missed checkpoint; the time between the event, its detection by the game, the repositioning of the player before the checkpoint (3 sec) and the restart from 0 km/h can also make a player pass from first position to last.
In the case of missed checkpoints, however, I fully agree with the intent to encourage a clean run, but I believe that the times should be shortened slightly. Different issue is the wall riding penalty which, in my opinion, completely destroys online playability. Rather eliminate the walls and let the players overshoot the curve and end up on the moor. I much prefer wall riding to this system you have introduced because, in any case, a clean trajectory will always be faster than any wall riding.
Last note regarding the gameplay: personally I find it would be profiquo to give players the opportunity to create their own team adventures and then play them with the players on the server (without them being part of their convoy). This would facilitate the game allowing a greater variety in maps, circuits (and number of laps above all) and class of cars. After removing these flaws your game would, in my opinion, be perfect. And as already mentioned I thank you again for the excellent work done in developing this wonderful product.
I trust you will take this feedback into consideration and for any question about it I remain kindly at your disposal.

Best regards,

Edoardo
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 1:21:22 AM(UTC)
Dont worry mate. When u stop bumping walls and missing checkpoints you wont care about it anymore.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 3:11:51 AM(UTC)
There are a lot of courses where a clean trajectory is definitely not quicker than wall riding sadly. The system put in place to deal with the issue works well and has completely stopped people from utilising that driving approach. Yes, it’s occasionally annoying if you get pushed into a wall and slowed down but that seems relatively infrequent and seems to require a fairly significant contact with the wall. If contacting the wall is making you go from 1st to last then you’ve either hit the wall extremely hard or it was an incredibly close race. This definitely should not be changed.

The missed checkpoint point has more validity. You can slightly limit the time loss by using rewind as soon as you miss a checkpoint, which is much quicker than waiting for the game to reset. However, even then, it’s a slow process and probably costs between 5-10 seconds. It feels to me it should be reduced somewhat for what is often a very minor misjudgment.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:35:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The missed checkpoint point has more validity. You can slightly limit the time loss by using rewind as soon as you miss a checkpoint, which is much quicker than waiting for the game to reset. However, even then, it’s a slow process and probably costs between 5-10 seconds. It feels to me it should be reduced somewhat for what is often a very minor misjudgment.

It's also a big disadvantage to wheel users, who can only rewind a single step due to the button mapping bug. To rewind more steps (you often need 2 steps in a race) means going to the keyboard, and then when you resume, your wheel doesn't work until it detects an input, and the best fix I've found is to quickly pause then resume, which gets the game to switch back to the wheel. Until you do that, you're driving at 0% throttle and losing speed fast. Overall, a wheel user will lose miles more time than a controller user for a missed checkpoint.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 8:01:01 PM(UTC)
The biggest problem for me is that when someone push you to the wall, or push you so you miss a checkpoint that player doesn't get a penalty, something like -2 points (for each time) at the end of the race could stop this.

Notification

Icon
Error