45 Pages<<3940414243>>PrevNext
#1001 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:14:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR John Go to Quoted Post
Hello all, hope you don't mind me joining this challenge 🙂
Never hot lapped the big Le Mans circuits before so thought this would be a good reason to! I've tried to used an underused car, can't reach rapid times but still fun (and equally annoying)

Welcome John! Got you down! GREAT job on your lap with the Audi.

Please let me know what VIEW you use and I'll add such to our Driver information. Thank you!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#1002 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 8:56:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soarer2JZTT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NobleBrick84228 Go to Quoted Post

Using xAlea Jacta Est tune I managed a 4:12:640 in the Holden. I could improve on this but I've spent too much time on this track already. I had to turn on TCS for once as I kept ending up smoking the tires going out of nearly every corner.

I also spent a lot of time in Fifty's Mustang but i couldn't manage as quick a time and the brakes weren't great. Still a good tune though, and with that tune I could run it without TCS easily enough.

Yes xAlea Jacta Eat tune is very tail happy and it is such a challenge to drive. Fifty inch's Mustang is on rails but the build is not as fast.

Noble I built and tuned a Mustang and got a 2.05.5 after a few laps.

Tune is shared just search HLR or download it off the LB's. It's full rollcage, widest rear tyre so it has good grip.

Hi Soarer I tried your tune and whilst it handled pretty good I couldn't improve on my previous time with it. No problems with driving it, handles well enough and is evidently capable of fast times as evidenced by your LB position.

I ended up using xAlea's turn which sits in the top 10. Again I had to use TCS for this mustang tune. A proper missile if ever there was one. Braking points are difficult with a lot of these tunes, as the brakes are stock and slowing down from 215Mph is hard. I've ended up ruining many a good lap by breaking too late. My best time now is a 4.10.090. Theres room to improve by quite a bit but this a frustrating track. The only track I think that is worse for HL is Nurburgring.
 1 user liked this post.
#1003 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:32:53 AM(UTC)
This week is tough, not my preference to drive rockets on long tracks .... I had to revert to traction control ON yesterday to avoid insanity ...

I see I am listed as FALSE on Wheel, I do use a wheel setup always.
#1004 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:37:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TeXeN7 Go to Quoted Post
I see I am listed as FALSE on Wheel, I do use a wheel setup always.

Thanks for letting us know! Corrected!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#1005 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:39:28 AM(UTC)
This week is tough, not my preference to drive rockets on long tracks .... I had to revert to traction control ON yesterday to avoid insanity ...

Exactly! Two things I also dislike....(1) LOOOOONG tracks, and, (2) a Missile. Not a lot to learn when driving a MISSILE....slam the gas on straight then slam the BRAKES and PRAY you stop and take the turn/chicane.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1006 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:48:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Exactly! Two things I also dislike....(1) LOOOOONG tracks, and, (2) a Missile. Not a lot to learn when driving a MISSILE....slam the gas on straight then slam the BRAKES and PRAY you stop and take the turn/chicane.

PRKid

Quite like long tracks, wish there were more, you can keep the rockets.
As much as I like this 8.48 mile circuit, I'm beginning to see chicanes in the back of my eyes (must be getting old)
Final time of 4:17.599
#1007 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:50:35 AM(UTC)
My time was using Soarer2JZTT tune.
 1 user liked this post.
#1008 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:52:37 AM(UTC)
Thank you Moss and PRKid! This a first for using power cars for me, so tuning has proved quite the uphill battle haha
I honestly don't see any car rivalling the Ford, although I'd love to be proved otherwise. At least the Audi is close to the Holden!

As for the view: I typically change between bonnet cam and chase cam, but feel free to put that lap as chase cam 🙂

P.S. Can the BMW M3 really go sub 4:08? I tried some 770hp and 800hp builds and only got 4:10s after 3/4 laps each. Left the ARBs close to default, springs slightly soft. Maybe I've missed a few tricks for that car...
JSR John
Japspeed Racing

// Finalist - Le Mans Esports Series 2020

https://youtube.com/c/JSRJohn
 1 user liked this post.
#1009 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:47:02 PM(UTC)

I ended up using xAlea's turn which sits in the top 10. Again I had to use TCS for this mustang tune. A proper missile if ever there was one. Braking points are difficult with a lot of these tunes, as the brakes are stock and slowing down from 215Mph is hard. I've ended up ruining many a good lap by breaking too late. My best time now is a 4.10.090. Theres room to improve by quite a bit but this a frustrating track. The only track I think that is worse for HL is Nurburgring.

There is an other build shared named "LM full", with race chassis reinforcement and street weight reduction, i think it's easier to drive it. My LB build use sport weight reduction and dont have reinforcement

Top 3 this week is:
2002 Camaro full power, between 4.00.0 and 4.01.0, more tail happy than Holden W427, i test minsons'tune, do 4.01.2 in just 2 laps
2002 Firebird TransAm full power, between 4.01.0 and 4.02.0, lol.. if you think the Camaro is the hardest car, dont use this one... Good Luck
2007 Mustang, i think RBR Laige can do 4.01.x but not me :)

Camaro and Firebird tunes shared
#1010 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:44:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xAlea Jacta Est Go to Quoted Post

There is an other build shared named "LM full", with race chassis reinforcement and street weight reduction, i think it's easier to drive it. My LB build use sport weight reduction and dont have reinforcement

Top 3 this week is:
2002 Camaro full power, between 4.00.0 and 4.01.0, more tail happy than Holden W427, i test minsons'tune, do 4.01.2 in just 2 laps
2002 Firebird TransAm full power, between 4.01.0 and 4.02.0, lol.. if you think the Camaro is the hardest car, dont use this one... Good Luck
2007 Mustang, i think RBR Laige can do 4.01.x but not me :)

Camaro and Firebird tunes shared

xAlea Jacta Est your throttle control in your Mustang tune is very impressive. I watched your replay of your lap its almost a perfect lap.

I tried your build & tune and it is definitely very fast but it takes so much finesse on the throttle out of the corners. I have been on for under 2:03.0 as well in your Mustang tune.

Love this combination and track but haven't had a chance to run enough laps, been occupied with my work.
#1011 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:46:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post
My time was using Soarer2JZTT tune.

Thanks for running my tune Coopracing.
#1012 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 4:13:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

Quite like long tracks, wish there were more, you can keep the rockets.
As much as I like this 8.48 mile circuit, I'm beginning to see chicanes in the back of my eyes (must be getting old)
Final time of 4:17.599

GREAT job!

DJ Saoco
#1013 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 4:16:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR John Go to Quoted Post

I honestly don't see any car rivalling the Ford, although I'd love to be proved otherwise. At least the Audi is close to the Holden!

There is actually a Camaro at 4:01.118 for LB #5

Those are certainly the Top-2 cars.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1014 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:25:58 AM(UTC)
Hi All,

Picked up Far Cry 5 in the recent sale, so hardly touched Forza in the last couple of days.

Did have a run at this today, swapped to the '07 Mustang - built something in between the total monsters and my usual grip/ handling build. Got the time down to 4:24.012

That's about 6 seconds quicker than my Avant - which would normally be good enough lol. Might play around some more and see if I can close the gap to some of you guys before this closes.

Hats off to all the runners this week, some stellar times on the board.

Cheers

D

#1015 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 2:56:00 AM(UTC)
Just shared an new v2 tune for the 02 Camaro based on minsons excellent tune but with a slightly different build.

I can probably go into high 4.06 on a good lap but it definitely requires more throttle control than the Mustang due to stock chassis only.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:36:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1016 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 4:48:36 AM(UTC)
LeMans is always a welcome challenge for me.... although I prefer the Old Mulsanne version....... 😗

I didn’t think anything could beat the Shelby but the Pontiac surprised me. Identical power (825) with identical builds and the Pontiac got me to my goal of 4:22s....... 🤯.

Official time.... LeMans...... HLR BURNINASPHALT....... Pontiac G8 GXP..... 4:22:994. 😎
#1017 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:48:42 AM(UTC)
Ran a load more laps, with various different builds. Turns out I'm just no good at Le Mans, track is way too long for my tastes. Roll on the next one. . . .

2 users liked this post.
#1018 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:03:42 PM(UTC)
In order to place high at La Sarthe, a power build is required, along with supreme throttle control. Very few possess that ability, but xAlea, and Soarer showed us just what is possible by finishing in the top 10. Excellent driving guys!

There were at least 3 very competitive cars in the division. The '02 Camaro, '02 Firebird, and the '07 Shelby GT500.

xAlea and Soarer had a great battle for 1st place, with xAlea taking it after switching to the Firebird. Soarer finished less than 3 tenths back driving minsons' '02 Camaro, and minsons claimed the final podium position more than 4 seconds behind. NobleBrick84228 placed first in Tier 2, and hansonalanrob had a comfortable win in Tier 3.

Congratulations to all our winners, and a warm welcome to new driver JSR John.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air.

Tier 2: NobleBrick84228 wins a paint for his 2007 Ford Shelby GT500.

Tier 3: hansonalanrob wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary SS.

Tuners Prize: minsons wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary .

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

SEASON FINALE

The next event will be the final challenge in this series, and will be our 100th event overall. To mark this occasion we wanted to give you a real challenge. We decided to run Nurburgring Full, but the lowest class we could find that most drivers haven't set times in is R class. Use any car you like! Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 35, Finale
R Class (R900 Max)
Nurburgring Full Day
Unrestricted
Event will now close at 8:00pm (UK time) on Sunday, 28th June.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But please:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

We'll be taking a summer break, but hope to return following the launch of FM8 later this year. A huge thanks to everyone for supporting us. We have enjoyed hosting 100 HLCs immensely.

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2020 12:48:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1019 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:03:57 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for our Event 35 of Season 3.......100th HLC overall in FM7. Best of Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:14:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#1020 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:06:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Ran a load more laps, with various different builds. Turns out I'm just no good at Le Mans, track is way too long for my tastes. Roll on the next one. . . .

Apologies for our final track choice of Season 3. We just had to make it the Ring.
 1 user liked this post.
#1021 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:10:35 PM(UTC)
No worries Moss, you win some, you lose some. It'll be a struggle to compete but, I'll give it a go anyway!
 1 user liked this post.
#1022 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:22:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Tier 3: hansonalanrob wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary SS.

Thanks for the paint HLR Moss, getting a nice collection of them from Le Mans

Use any car you like!

So many to choose from, feel like a kid in the sweetshop

We have enjoyed hosting 100 HLCs immensely.

Doesn't time fly, seems like its only been 6 months that we started running these in FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#1023 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:20:01 PM(UTC)

Use any car you like!

So many to choose from, feel like a kid in the sweetshop

............🚦..🏎...🚓...🚗....🚙...👨🏻‍🦼..................🤷🏼‍♂️...🧐..

We have enjoyed hosting 100 HLCs immensely.

Doesn't time fly, seems like its only been 6 months that we started running these in FM7

Yeah, seems like it was yesterday! Here is the breakdown...through the last 2 years on FM7....

Season 1, 35 Events
Season 2, 30 Events
Season 3, 35 Events

Through the 99 events, we had a range between 21 through 55 drivers at each HLC. An average of 37 Drivers per HLC. Thanks for all your participation. Much appreciated!

PRKid
p.s. These numbers exclude other games HLCs...(H3/H4)...

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:30:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#1024 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:21:06 PM(UTC)
*double post*

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:27:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1025 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
Gonna miss doing these. Most fun I've had in a racing game since GT4 was new and I had time to not suck at it.

Going to be running a TVR this week because it's the correct answer (and because it's the only R-class car I can think of that I have any interest in driving). Will have to try to get the damn paddles working correctly now, as there's no way I'm going to put up with running auto on the 'Ring (especially not in the automotive embodiment of the concept "HOLD MY BEER!").

On second (and even worse) thought, can you get any of the Open Wheel Legends cars up to R900?

==

Addendum:

OK, so the Abarth 595 is impossible to drive at R-class (who'da thunk?) and the Brabham BT24 is pretty slick on slicks. Ran out of wakefulness before I got a chance to run the TVR. Will likely just stick with the Brabham, as I like the driving aesthetics of the OWL cars and tuneybits plus Race tires puts it at a comfortable (if uncompetitive) R822. Tried to blow any dust out of my paddle shifter and it seemed to help, so I'm optimistic that a thorough cleaning will get it working correctly again. Will have to wait until tomorrow, though.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:22:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

45 Pages<<3940414243>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error