9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:20:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClassyPanda039 Go to Quoted Post
Please, would someone like to tell me why when I play ranked Playground games with my friends we will win 10 games in a row and make absolutely NO progress? And as soon as we come across a full team of STIK, KING, or TMHT players and lose, suddenly we lose around 100+ points?? How on earth is this fair? What a great system you've got here Forza. I'm so glad I spend hours a day playing this game FOR NOTHING just to lose it all in 5 minutes.

Fix your game.

To earn full points at the end of the round at ranked games it will require the following:
  • A complete team (not necessarily 6) on both sides from start to till end of the the match
  • No Disconnections / or leaving.

As soon as a person disconnects or leaves, the winning team will not receive any points - see support known issues. I guess a failsave was implemented to prevent team boosting with smurfs at lvl 20 rank and one or a few grandmasters. I left ranked games in late August 2019 for unranked team games where the games are slightly better and more challenging as there is no pressure to win and any car can do the job.

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 11:23:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:28:54 PM(UTC)
repost

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 11:23:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#128 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:06:35 AM(UTC)
I’m about 10 points lower than I was at the start of the series, despite having something like 80 wins to 20 losses - due entirely to this issue. I don’t quit so the fact more or less every other high ranked player quits any time they are going to lose is rather frustrating. It’s impossible to ever get decent points.

This should have been fixed months ago and the complete silence is extremely poor. I’d encourage anyone who is affected by this to continue to report the issue to customer support. You’ll get a response just saying it’s a known issue but the more complaints they get about this, I imagine the more likely it is that they will fix it.
#129 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 3:16:35 AM(UTC)
not only high-ranking players leave the races. even lower ranks or qualifiers.
that's normal now.

there are a few grandmasters who have clearly more defeats than victories. example: less than 100 victories and more than 300 defeats.

meanwhile i think that this point system was just as wanted.
only the mistake was made that the theoretical points are displayed. It would have been smarter: if someone leaves, simply display the score + 0 and save it that way. then the confusion about points not received would not be so great.
#130 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 11:44:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post

To earn full points at the end of the round at ranked games it will require the following:
  • A complete 6-member teams on both sides till end of the the match
  • No Disconnections / or leaving.

As soon as a person disconnects or leaves, the winning team will not receive any points - see support known issues. I guess a failsave was implemented to prevent team boosting with smurfs at lvl 20 rank and one or a few grandmasters. I left ranked games in late January 2019 for unranked team games where the games are slightly better and more challenging as there is no pressure to win and any car can do the job.

A complete 6-member teams on both sides till end of the match are not necessary. Yesterday we started 5 vs 6, nobody leaved and I've received points (and I've finally moved to league 8 after more than 100 races, I'm looking forward next races to get back to league 9 :))

Several days ago we have started 6 vs 6 and finished 6 vs 3. Our team lost and I've finally lost some points! I've to say I'm totally confused. It's not 100% sure that disconnection of several players means no points.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 2:08:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 3:46:01 AM(UTC)
Yes 6v5 definitely works - I know that for certain as two of my counted losses this month were in the team of 6 in that scenario.

In the several months since noticing the issue, I have not had a single score count (whether loss or win) if anyone drops out once the teams are shown. It sometimes will show my score has changed after the event but it will always then return to what it was before after the next adventure.
#132 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 3:53:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Yes 6v5 definitely works - I know that for certain as two of my counted losses this month were in the team of 6 in that scenario.

In the several months since noticing the issue, I have not had a single score count (whether loss or win) if anyone drops out once the teams are shown. It sometimes will show my score has changed after the event but it will always then return to what it was before after the next adventure.

I'll prepare paper and pencil and I'll make some notes about my races, drop outs and points :).
#133 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 3:57:02 AM(UTC)
Thank for the info. I assumed it start counting the total members in the first event as I have never had instances with less than 6 members.

I've edited my post to a bit more fitting to the chaos we have now. Could Forza come up with their own rank (true skill) system?

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 3:59:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#134 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 6:22:37 AM(UTC)
The underlying scoring system is poor. I’ve been racing as part of a team and we generally receive 0 or -1 for each win (I can live with 0 but a negative score for winning is nonsensical). That isn’t going to be fixed though.

What can be fixed is points not counting. I can’t believe this was an intentional change but, if it was, it’s even more ridiculous that they haven’t changed it for 6 months. That would imply it’s just something they can turn off (or on) within their control. It’s very obvious that a change that stops 95% or more of all results counting is not appropriate.

Arya - prior to this issue, it was still the case that someone would usually drop out - maybe 80% of races rather than the current 95% (my estimates only!). However, it was usually someone unranked or low ranked. It was rare to see GMs or high ranked players drop out as I assume that they lost more ranking points than by staying in the race. Now, they all know that the only way they can lose points is if they stay in and no one drops out. Dropping out is a win win scenario.
#135 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 11:24:35 AM(UTC)
I've played two team matches recently, we won both. The 1st the other day, I went from 4233 +8 to 4241. Not sure on the player count but at least 1 or 2 left during the event. Started a 2nd one just now, and despite the leaderboard showing 4241, I was still 4233 on the select screen and in the race.

We won with 5 on our team, 6 on theirs. I went down -1 points. This shows up on the leaderboard as 4232 but not the select screen where it's still 4233.

This is possibly the most badly devised / opaque / buggy scoring system in the history of racing games, certainly AAA ones.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 11:25:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#136 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 12:34:14 PM(UTC)
Had you previously got disconnected FN? The game thinks 5v6 is unfair, so you get more points if you win as part of a 5. The teams would have to be incredibly uneven to get -1 in a 5. However, an earlier disconnection seems to get counted when you next get a ranked result - ie. you might have really got +10 for the win but a hidden -11 for a previous disconnect. Obviously the reality is you won’t get either as your score hasn’t counted anyway!

Just had two races in a row where everyone finished and won both so +17 points. My new tactic of hanging around in whatever position made the score close seemed to work!
#137 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 12:47:10 PM(UTC)
Had you previously got disconnected FN? The game thinks 5v6 is unfair, so you get more points if you win as part of a 5. The teams would have to be incredibly uneven to get -1 in a 5. However, an earlier disconnection seems to get counted when you next get a ranked result - ie. you might have really got +10 for the win but a hidden -11 for a previous disconnect. Obviously the reality is you won’t get either as your score hasn’t counted anyway!

Just had two races in a row where everyone finished and won both so +17 points. My new tactic of hanging around in whatever position made the score close seemed to work!

No previous disconnection in team, I had one in free-for-all yesterday which I posted about in the stickied thread earlier, but I've made those points back since.

The teams were very unbalanced, had 3 or 4 grandmasters on our team versus much lower ranked opponents and it was a complete cakewalk. But still, it has to be wrong to ever punish you for winning, given you can only beat who the game puts you up against.
#138 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 12:52:19 PM(UTC)
The game thinks 5v6 is unfair, so you get more points if you win as part of a 5.

I had this problem in the past. The other team always seemed to have people leave, so I was always finishing on the larger team. When we lost, I lost huge points. When we won, I gained low points. I would have needed to be on the winning team something like 90% of the time just to stay at the same rating, never mind increase it. As we know from the probability analysis I did, even if you win every single race it doesn't give you a 90% team win rate, the only way you could achieve a 90% team win rate is by actively interfering with opposing team members, e.g. trying to ram them outside checkpoints.
#139 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 1:15:41 PM(UTC)
@ FN - yeah, that makes sense. Agree completely - any formula that allows you to have negative points for winning is clearly flawed.

@ Bree - I’m pretty sure it calculates the points based on the starting teams (not on who finishes) - that’s why having some low ranked boosters who quit before the end is particularly effective. That said, ending up on the team with more players is usually annoying as the players who drop out early are usually the weaker ones. To take the extreme example, I had a team race where we won the first race easily and were way up in the second. Five of the opposition dropped out leaving the one (very good) driver left. 6v1 and all he had to do was finish 3rd in both races to win.
#140 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:46:24 AM(UTC)
It's annoying that points don't save unless people back out, but I for one agree with the system, it's pointless having a high rank when you're in a sea of people gaming the system, and there's opportunity in the current state of rank one could use to help thyself.
Stand United together forever ❤️
#141 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:35:12 PM(UTC)
I started this "season" at league 8 and then I won a race, it said I ranked up. Then I looked at it and it said I ranked down to league 9. Then I won 2 more races and my rank has not changed at all. Is there a fix? Also, is there a better way to talk to someone from Forza?
 2 users liked this post.
#142 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:32:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JeffThePie Go to Quoted Post
I started this "season" at league 8 and then I won a race, it said I ranked up. Then I looked at it and it said I ranked down to league 9. Then I won 2 more races and my rank has not changed at all. Is there a fix? Also, is there a better way to talk to someone from Forza?

If you mean what it sounds like then no there's no fix, that bug has been present since the game came out and they've never shown any sign of addressing it. You could submit a ticket but it will likely be a waste of time imo. It is easier communicating with the dead via seance than with these developers.
 2 users liked this post.
#143 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 6:53:14 AM(UTC)
In relation to FN’s post above, I moved from League 4 to League 3 in FFA yesterday. I haven’t done much FFA recently so I suspect it’s probably been 6 months since I changed league. It’s such a flat feeling when the game then fails to recognise you’ve gone up a rank until you get about 30 points higher and (Incorrectly) tells you that you have dropped rank after every adventure.

I know it’s a minor point but it’s such a simple thing to fix and detracts from what is a major achievement, given the difficulty in moving ranks in this game.
#144 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 9:27:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
It is easier communicating with the dead via seance than with these developers.

LOL

the game is EOL. sales were made. the rest of the income is just peanuts.
the development team will have been distributed to other projects long ago. maybe 1 junior developer was "provided" for fixes.

and yes, the display problem could have been solved long ago.
just show +0 when someone leaves the game.
then there are no problems displaying the wrong value, calculating a correct value in the background and possibly jumping from one rank to the next or vice versa.
#145 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 6:18:36 PM(UTC)
i won 3 time today in online racing it goes....11 to 10....next win 11 to 10....next win 11 to 10....
#146 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:44:11 PM(UTC)
Hi at all!
I'm a new member and i would ask a question to you, about the ranking system.
Has ever happened to anyone that the score remains stucked in a fixed value? Even you win or lose?
It's strange because after the end of the adventure, there's the animation of the gaining or losing points, but after that, when i check my points on the menu, the score remains equal as i don't played.
Ps. I never leave an online game in the middle.
I lose with honor! :D
Let me know if someone knows why it happens and how to eventually fix this prob.
Thank you so much!
#147 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:25:18 AM(UTC)
its still not fixed im tested and play win points its not saving
#148 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:33:47 PM(UTC)
Well so if you won't get points if some1 will leave the race, then some dumb kids can leave the race if they will see they are loosing, so they will get more - points but those who won fairly can't get anything, I would even prefer to stop progressing or progress like +5 after like 10 win strike or sth, this is so annoying. If I would get all my points I would be not at 10th rank but probably 5th.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:07:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#149 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:20:35 PM(UTC)
maybe this iz be cuzz the seazon iz a stand by game not the update we suppoze to of had....

#150 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:23:31 PM(UTC)
^ no it's a long-standing issue. Hence this thread...
9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error