14 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:57:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Patience is a virtue. Yes it's a conspiracy so you cannot play the festival playlist. You nailed it. ;) There is a new build of Win10. Did you ever consider that may be the issue.

I was wondering when this would be pointed out. The problem with the new Windows May update, if I understand it correctly, is a problem that affects gaming on PC - the drivers and mouse - so it is in my mind a big problem. IT boffins on here might explain it better but that is how I am understanding it. I could be understanding it incorrectly but .....
 2 users liked this post.
#177 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:20:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GentlestSum522 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Patience is a virtue. Yes it's a conspiracy so you cannot play the festival playlist. You nailed it. ;) There is a new build of Win10. Did you ever consider that may be the issue.

I was wondering when this would be pointed out. The problem with the new Windows May update, if I understand it correctly, is a problem that affects gaming on PC - the drivers and mouse - so it is in my mind a big problem. IT boffins on here might explain it better but that is how I am understanding it. I could be understanding it incorrectly but .....

If that’s really the case, and it is a Windows 10/mouse/driver issue, we may not get our beloved update anytime soon. Knowing from past windows issues with updates, it was never an overnight fix, conspiracy theories or no conspiracy theories.

We’re all just better off enjoying the great aspects of this game while we wait. I don’t mind the current playlist. Less duplicate cars to go through and sell via the auction house. Still finding ways to have fun. Not a huge deal, for sure.

On top of that, gives me more time for custom route-ing. For me, that’s a good thing.

Still, always like new cars to play with but have lots to build and tune.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#178 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:04:37 PM(UTC)
For the time I was running Win ver. 2004 update and FH4, I had no problems with mouse or nVidia drivers (still using 436.30 on GTX970).
2004 update brought me connectivity issues and some other stuff, rollback made proper mess, so I did clean reinstall and stayed at ver. 1909.

In any case I hope we get some info soon and hopefully proper series 23 :)
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#179 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:25:44 PM(UTC)
Here’s your conspiracy theory.

Theory = opinion until proven true.

This game is long in the tooth. I’m hopeful the next big update unlocks the “exclusive” cars to be purchased in the auto show. There are too many cars that cannot be purchased. There has not been a paid DLC for this game in a year and Turn10 has not announced their next title. They have stagnant income right now at best and are being bank rolled by Microsoft.

Unless they find a way to monetize the “games as a service” model they are implementing with Horizon 4 they will have to release a new game soon to recoup lost income and pay salaries. In a normal world Forza 8 would have already come out and support for Horizon 4 would have ended months ago to focus on Horizon 5.

I always said two years between releases was not enough time to implement positive and groundbreaking change in a new game, and I was correct. Change was slow and incremental. And while Forza 7 eventually got much better I still prefer 6 and 4 to it.

However, they are not bringing in money from purchases right now so they are getting a share of game pass subscriptions to stay afloat. That cannot be enough to sustain a AAA studio forever.

They need to focus efforts on something they can sell and soon. And we need to cross our fingers that they don’t follow Take2 and turn the next set of Forza games into racing simulator equivalents of GTA:online.

I for one have no issues with sitting out a season, they felt more like a chore than a challenge and I was enjoying them less every week. I say bring out a big final update, unlock the cars, and focus on the next big release.

This is, again, my opinion.
#180 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post

This game is long in the tooth. I’m hopeful the next big update unlocks the “exclusive” cars to be purchased in the auto show. There are too many cars that cannot be purchased. There has not been a paid DLC for this game in a year and Turn10 has not announced their next title. They have stagnant income right now at best and are being bank rolled by Microsoft.

Unless they find a way to monetize the “games as a service” model they are implementing with Horizon 4 they will have to release a new game soon to recoup lost income and pay salaries. In a normal world Forza 8 would have already come out and support for Horizon 4 would have ended months ago to focus on Horizon 5.

I always said two years between releases was not enough time to implement positive and groundbreaking change in a new game, and I was correct. Change was slow and incremental. And while Forza 7 eventually got much better I still prefer 6 and 4 to it.

However, they are not bringing in money from purchases right now so they are getting a share of game pass subscriptions to stay afloat. That cannot be enough to sustain a AAA studio forever.

They need to focus efforts on something they can sell and soon. And we need to cross our fingers that they don’t follow Take2 and turn the next set of Forza games into racing simulator equivalents of GTA:online.

I for one have no issues with sitting out a season, they felt more like a chore than a challenge and I was enjoying them less every week. I say bring out a big final update, unlock the cars, and focus on the next big release.

Then give us some new cars within paid DLCs. Say, some long-overdue cars people want the most. SF90 Stradale, 675LT, Aventador SVJ, some new Audis, SLR McLaren, etc etc.

3 users liked this post.
#181 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:55:31 PM(UTC)
I could not care less for all the cars you mentioned. They are just newer versions or slightly faster versions of the cars already in the game. I would pay for more places to drive the cars, not more cars. I already can’t use all the cars in the game and can’t remember which ones are exclusive or not because there are so many. Had three Honda preludes and didn’t even realize I couldn’t replace them until I accidentally removed the third one by pressing buttons too quickly.

Make the map bigger, attach it to Horizon 2’s map and implement seasons across Western Europe. I would pay good money for that. Not for another Audi that looks like all the other Audis already in the game.

But this is not a wishlist thread and we are veering quickly off topic.
#182 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:42:49 PM(UTC)
Well, I hope they take the time to finally fix the crash-on-startup bug. Every time I shut the game down, I wonder if it is going to be the last.
 1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:20:17 PM(UTC)
Had three Honda preludes and didn’t even realize I couldn’t replace them

Ummmmmmm, wow is all i can think of at the moment.

Guess you haven't heard of the Auction House either....................

Edited by user Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:20:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#184 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:07:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

I don't get it. It doesn't belong to the carpass or the expansion DLC, why couldn't you remove them?

They should be just like any other seasonal cars.
#185 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:38:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post

I don't get it. It doesn't belong to the carpass or the expansion DLC, why couldn't you remove them?

Yeah, just checked and you can remove them.
#186 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:40:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post

He said couldn't replace them, not couldn't remove them.

I feel the same about most of the extra cars, it wouldn't matter much to me if all the cars were generic or fake like in a Burnout game. They more or less all sound and drive much the same anyway.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:42:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:02:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I apologize ror my ignorance. What does that mean? I also thought he was talking about removing them.
 4 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:11:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STR3LA Go to Quoted Post

I apologize ror my ignorance. What does that mean? I also thought he was talking about removing them.

He means that he accidentally deleted one and, presumably, went to the Autoshow to buy a replacement. As it was an exclusive, he then realised that he couldn’t do so as it wasn’t in the Autoshow.

3 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:14:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ALLSETFORMOVE Go to Quoted Post

Then give us some new cars within paid DLCs. Say, some long-overdue cars people want the most. SF90 Stradale, 675LT, Aventador SVJ, some new Audis, SLR McLaren, etc etc.

There's a bunch of people here who are allergic to the word "paid". They'd rather do grindy challenges every week to unlock cars and exploit the players who missed the cars in the AH with abusive prices than let everyone buy the cars for a few dollars and have access to them at any time.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 3 users liked this post.
#190 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:03:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

He means that he accidentally deleted one and, presumably, went to the Autoshow to buy a replacement. As it was an exclusive, he then realised that he couldn’t do so as it wasn’t in the Autoshow.

Thanks. Yes, he literally said that a few post before... There's too much to remember and I'm getting old.
 2 users liked this post.
#191 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:32:41 AM(UTC)
to be honest i dont care what they are doing, genuine bug or dev cover-up...its the complete lack of information coming from the devs that is the most shameful...not one piece of info about what is happening...terrible customer service even in light of recent events
 1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:35:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ALLSETFORMOVE Go to Quoted Post

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
#193 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:53:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=FullNietzsche;1163140]He said couldn't replace them, not couldn't remove them.

Yeah, just saw that as well. My bad

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:56:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#194 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:30:29 AM(UTC)
To be Brutally Honest. I think the best thing Playground can do now after the Absolute *Fiasco* that has Hit Series 23, is just give FH4 up as a Bad Job and go End Of Life Early.

I say, with Series 24, they should Cancel Expansion 4, Shut down the Multiplayer, leaving only the Rivals Servers Online, Shut Down the Playlist and Forzathon Features, give Players the Ability to Chose their Season of Choice from the Options (Altered thanks to a Sufggestion from iBlockS), Unlock *all* the Cosmetics for *all* Players, Adjust the Prices on all Previous "Exclusive" Cars to Reflect their Real Value and just Dump them all into the Autoshow, look at all the Cars they Planned to Put into the Updates between Now and Game End of Life, and just Dump them into the Autoshow with "Realistic" Prices, as part of a "Super Update", up the Garage Cap if needed to fit all the Planned Cars in, add all Forza Edition and Pre Order Cars to the Autoshow, Just make the Super Update the *Final* Update and go EOL Early.

I Feel Playground Should just Class the Live Services Experiment as an Abject Utter Disaster, Pledge to Never go Live Services again, Just go EOL Early, give FH4 as a bad Job and Focus Purely on doing a Considerably better Job of FH5 and ensuring it contains No Live Services Elements, No Childish Content, No Map Limitations, No Multiplayer Locked Content and No absolutely Inexplicable Design Choices what so Ever! I really do. it is the Only way, IMO, Horizon is going to Survive.

Please note I Originally made a very bad Tempered Lash out and made an Unacceptable, Uncalled For, Inhumane and Disgusting Suggestion for Certain Staff Members to be Punished. I accept Now I went way too Far, and can Only Apologise for any Upset or Offence caused to any Playground Staff Members by My Unacceptably Toxic Behaviour, I am Incredibly Sorry for any Upset Caused.

Live Services do *not* work in My Personal Opinion, and the Issues that have Appeared with Series 23 due to what I Presume is Quite Possibly a Game Breaking Bug in Windows 10 going on Evidence seen in these Forums, is 100% Proof Positive In My Personal Opinion that Live Services do *not* Work IMO!

So, again, IMO, they may as well take the Game EOL with Series 24 and get on with making FH5 a Considerably better Game than 4 ever Was! I know that is a very Negative View, I just feel it is for the Best.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 1:04:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Editited as i went WAY too Far!

7 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:10:52 AM(UTC)
Make the map bigger, attach it to Horizon 2’s map and implement seasons across Western Europe.

This is monumentally unintelligent

Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
To be Brutally Honest.

Not every word in a sentence should start with a capital letter. Also I was hoping that there is a punchline in the post, or a confession of a joke, because this is just as monumental as markvii's post.

6 users liked this post.
#196 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:16:32 AM(UTC)
Forza Support just tweeted:
https://twitter.com/forz...atus/1270781579820822528

Quote:
The issue with the Series 23 release has been resolved and we are moving through our test process for that build. Tomorrow, Autumn will continue to use backup content.

We are hoping to release the build next week. After the season change over on Thursday 18th, you will see the correct Series 23 content for the rest of the Series

Officially announced in the Forza Discord server: the new cars that would have been released in Summer and Autumn will now be released in the Winter and Spring seasons.

Edited by user Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:49:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#197 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:17:31 AM(UTC)
Forza Support @forza_support 1m
The issue with the Series 23 release has been resolved and we are moving through our test process for that build. Tomorrow, Autumn will continue to use backup content.
 5 users liked this post.
#198 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:35:32 AM(UTC)
To be Brutally Honest. I think the best thing Playground can do now after the Absolute *Fiasco* that has Hit Series 23, is just give FH4 up as a Bad Job and go End Of Life Early.

I say, with Series 24, they should Cancel Expansion 4, Shut down the Multiplayer, leaving only the Rivals Servers Online, Shut Down the Playlist and Forzathon Features, Lock the Game to Summer, Unlock *all* the Cosmetics for *all* Players, Adjust the Prices on all Previous "Exclusive" Cars to Reflect their Real Value and just Dump them all into the Autoshow, look at all the Cars they Planned to Put into the Updates between Now and Game End of Life, and just Dump them into the Autoshow with "Realistic" Prices, as part of a "Super Update", up the Garage Cap if needed to fit all the Planned Cars in, add all Forza Edition and Pre Order Cars to the Autoshow, Just make the Super Update the *Final* Update and go EOL Early.

I Feel Playground Should just Class the Live Services Experiment as an Abject Utter Disaster, Sack the People Responsible for taking the Series Live Services and all but Ruining it , Just go EOL Early, give FH4 as a bad Job and Focus Purely on doing a Considerably better Job of FH5 and ensuring it contains No Live Services Elements, No Childish Content, No Map Limitations, No Multiplayer Locked Content and No absolutely Inexplicable Design Choices what so Ever! I really do. it is the Only way, IMO, Horizon is going to Survive.

Mind Numbingly Negative I know, but that is what I, Personally, feel is for the Best.

Live Services do *not* work, and the Apparent, going on the Complete Radio Silence from the Developers, "Cancellation" of Series 23 due to what I Presume is Quite Possibly a Game Breaking Bug in Windows 10 going on Evidence seen in these Forums, is 100% Proof Positive that Live Services do *not* Work IMO!

So, again, IMO, they may as well take the Game EOL with Series 24 and get on with making FH5 a Considerably better Game than 4 ever Was!

It's odd, that the devs did mentioned that the update was delayed NOT cancelled. Should you relay your assumptions to your friends that play this game, you're just exacerbating the issue by spreading rumours. There are many that enjoy the other seasons and wouldn't it be fair for them to continue enjoying those seasons as well? What if they are like me, I hate summer in the game and look forward to winter? Seasonal rotations should be for all and not constrained to the masses just because the vocal majority prefers summer.

Do note that the developers, programmers, game designers, etc. are real people and have lives / families to take care of. A statement calling the layoff of people especially during the current situation is really uncalled for. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. One could send a support letter highlighting your list of disappointments in the game or make a creative contribution to the wishlist.
The "100% proof" is in dire need of a sample size and the proper statistics to back your claims up, which are lacking at the moment.

6 users liked this post.
#199 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:07:13 AM(UTC)

I say, with Series 24, they should Cancel Expansion 4, Shut down the Multiplayer, leaving only the Rivals Servers Online, Shut Down the Playlist and Forzathon Features, Lock the Game to Summer, Unlock *all* the Cosmetics for *all* Players, Adjust the Prices on all Previous "Exclusive" Cars to Reflect their Real Value and just Dump them all into the Autoshow, look at all the Cars they Planned to Put into the Updates between Now and Game End of Life, and just Dump them into the Autoshow with "Realistic" Prices, as part of a "Super Update", up the Garage Cap if needed to fit all the Planned Cars in, add all Forza Edition and Pre Order Cars to the Autoshow, Just make the Super Update the *Final* Update and go EOL Early.

I Feel Playground Should just Class the Live Services Experiment as an Abject Utter Disaster, Sack the People Responsible for taking the Series Live Services and all but Ruining it , Just go EOL Early, give FH4 as a bad Job and Focus Purely on doing a Considerably better Job of FH5 and ensuring it contains No Live Services Elements, No Childish Content, No Map Limitations, No Multiplayer Locked Content and No absolutely Inexplicable Design Choices what so Ever! I really do. it is the Only way, IMO, Horizon is going to Survive.

Mind Numbingly Negative I know, but that is what I, Personally, feel is for the Best.

Live Services do *not* work, and the Apparent, going on the Complete Radio Silence from the Developers, "Cancellation" of Series 23 due to what I Presume is Quite Possibly a Game Breaking Bug in Windows 10 going on Evidence seen in these Forums, is 100% Proof Positive that Live Services do *not* Work IMO!

So, again, IMO, they may as well take the Game EOL with Series 24 and get on with making FH5 a Considerably better Game than 4 ever Was!

To be Brutally honest. I think you shouldn’t be a spokesperson.

#200 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:19:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Forza Support just tweeted:
https://twitter.com/forz...atus/1270781579820822528

Quote:

We are hoping to release the build next week. After the season change over on Thursday 18th, you will see the correct Series 23 content for the rest of the Series

So are we only getting half of a correct series or are they starting from Summer and we are two weeks behind the normal schedule?

I wonder how this affects the scheduled prizes.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

14 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error