25 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext
#301 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 9:59:50 AM(UTC)
This is my first post and Im not sure if this is the correct area but I am having some issues. I have been away from FH4 for almost a year and it worked fine before I stopped playing it. However, now no matter what I do (resetting the cache of the xbox, uninstalling and reinstalling) it will not load the game. It gets to the opening screen and I hit A and then just spins forever. I have seen where there has been several issues like this but no matter what I have done nothing has worked. The only other thing I can think of is deleting the save data as well but I dont want to lose my progress. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
#302 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 10:34:30 AM(UTC)
This isnt on PC its on XBOX One X.
#303 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 11:46:37 AM(UTC)
Guys who's crashing with gray screen after ~15 mins, what version of windows are u using? i tried fresh 1909 and 2004, both have crash issue, only works with bat "explorer.exe fix", maybe 1903 don't have those gray screen crashes?
#304 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:20:41 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

So i have played forza horizon 4 for many many hours with little to no problems but one day it just stopped working. When i launch the game it opens to the splash screen and then after 20-30 seconds it closes. I have tried absolutely everything to get it working again, including reinstalling the game around 4 times and resetting my PC.

Specs:
-1660ti
-Intel i7 950 @3.07Ghz
-16bg of DDR3 memory
-Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your help. Also if this isn't the right place please tell me where to go.
#305 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:17:59 PM(UTC)
Not working .
All of you might check detailed support updated 1 month ago (didnt noticed it and made a rant instead !)

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:32:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#306 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 2:39:27 AM(UTC)
I got the same exact issue, i bought it and i couldnt start it for like 1 time.

[Mod Edit - profanity removed - review the Enforcement Guidelines on the Forza Support site - MM]

They said if you have Application Hang type error, you should wait because they working on it, but nothing, I dont think they really care about that...

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 1:36:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#307 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 10:54:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ggrocams Go to Quoted Post
Not working .
All of you might check detailed support updated 1 month ago (didnt noticed it and made a rant instead !)

I've tried everything from it and even more...
#308 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 1:26:35 PM(UTC)
LOL just scratched the surface, making a adminstrator local account, Forza not installed in account. this is such **** .

I really regret that I've lost my rant post ! this is beyond unacceptable !

Administrator Account

Log in to Windows 10 with a local Administrator Account. This fixes the majority of cases reported.

HOW ?! game is not even installed when we logged in another account ! WHY do we have to resort to black magic or some sort of mumbo-jumbo in order to PLAY our games WHEREAS IT WORKED FOR YEARS.. FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 INCLUDED

HOW !?!?

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 1:31:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#309 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 11:12:05 AM(UTC)
I had the Hang Type Activation crash happen to me as well. I played the game as part of Game Pass then bought the Ultimate edition to keep. After that the game never launched again always crashing with Hang Type Activation. I've been trying to get a refund but so far Microsoft won't refund me saying I've already played the game and they won't refund played games.

I also tried reinstalling Forza, resetting the settings, signing out and back in to the Microsoft Store and redownloading, and even reinstalling Windows, none of those worked for me either. I opened a support ticket with Forza but haven't heard back yet.
#310 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 1:17:18 PM(UTC)
Have any of you messed with the privileges on the WindowsApps folder? One post I read suggested giving the user account full privileges of this folder might help, but it actually completely broke my system, with no Windows Apps working, including basic stuff like the Settings app.

So I backed everything up and did a full clean install of Windows.

First game I installed was Forza Horizon 4, and it now works (for the time being at least). I installed it on a separate M2 SSD (well worth buying one of these for games) which may have also helped.

It's not actually that much of a pain, just make sure you backup all your game saves - there are apps that will help you do this, like https://www.gamesave-manager.com/

I keep all my games and apps on a separate SSD so just reinstalling the system is generally not a big issue. Of course Windows Store games need to be completely reinstalled, because Windows. Most don;t though (Steam, Origin etc)

It's not a bad idea to reinstall windows once in a while anyway imo, even if it is a bit of a hassle.

I know this is a rather extreme fix, and who knows how long it will work for, but for now I can finally play the game again. Also I have created a System Restore point called 'Forza Horizon 4 Working' so I can (hopefully) roll back if something breaks it again.

I'll be very careful about testing it every time I install anything so I can help figure out what breaks it in future.

Regardless, the game needs a patch as this is the only game I had issues with, and of course it originally stopped working for no reason at all, which lead me to mess with the WindowsApps folder in the first place.

Edited by user Monday, May 25, 2020 11:26:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#311 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 1:15:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: voidlily Go to Quoted Post
I opened a support ticket with Forza but haven't heard back yet.

I have: We are aware of issues when upgrading to Ultimate edition, please allow us time to remedy this issue, we will notify the community when we have a fix
#312 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 6:01:55 AM(UTC)
The poster is asking about an Xbox problem. Why is everyone talking about their PC? Did anyone read the actual post?
#313 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 6:17:50 AM(UTC)
This thread started 7 months ago as a PC issue. That is why people are talking about PC's.
#314 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
The poster is asking about an Xbox problem. Why is everyone talking about their PC? Did anyone read the actual post?

1. Post is about PC, what do u want ?
#315 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 11:10:09 AM(UTC)
I had the Hang Type Activation crash happen to me as well. I played the game as part of Game Pass then bought the Ultimate edition to keep. After that the game never launched again always crashing with Hang Type Activation. I've been trying to get a refund but so far Microsoft won't refund me saying I've already played the game and they won't refund played games.

I also tried reinstalling Forza, resetting the settings, signing out and back in to the Microsoft Store and redownloading, and even reinstalling Windows, none of those worked for me either. I opened a support ticket with Forza but haven't heard back yet.

After additional review Microsoft decided not to refund the Ultimate purchase so I'm stuck waiting for my Game Pass subscription to expire so I can try playing it again without "two copies" (Game Pass version and purchased Ultimate Edition) on my account.
#316 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:34:38 AM(UTC)
They better give us something special in the mail.. after they fix activation error thats with me like 2 weeks ?

First post has same problem for 7 months. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah (thats a laugh of sadness)

Maybe Forza Motorsport 8 for free would be okay.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 26, 2020 6:04:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#317 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 6:52:26 AM(UTC)
I tried again some Mumbo-Jumbo and the game worked... half a day. I have no idea what cause this Hang Type: Activation (but the faulty Ultimate). Restarting the computer, clean boot, new admin session, reinstalling the game, refreshing all Xbox/Microsoft apps,... Seriously I deeply regret to have bough the Ultimate, I enjoyed the game so much with Game Pass...
#318 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 7:22:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kravickas Go to Quoted Post
They better give us something special in the mail.. after they fix activation error thats with me like 2 weeks ?

First post has same problem for 7 months. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah (thats a laugh of sadness)

Maybe Forza Motorsport 8 for free would be okay.

This problem has been around too long for them to fix it. Its been over a year now for me. Its gotten to the point where I need to start the game first thing when I boot up for it to start on the 2nd try consistantly. Once I get it running, I just leave it running in the background so it stays running. Some people can't get the game to run at all. They aren't even trying to fix it or it would have been fixed by now.
#319 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 11:57:39 AM(UTC)
I'm having the same problem for over a month. Disabling Nahmic used to work earlier, but now it does'nt. The Event Log says "Hang type: Activation'. Just leaving this here so I get to know if any fixes come up.
#320 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:57:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AlfredM4568 Go to Quoted Post
I opened a support ticket with Forza but haven't heard back yet.

I have: We are aware of issues when upgrading to Ultimate edition, please allow us time to remedy this issue, we will notify the community when we have a fix

Let me translate that to you:

The team that is still in charge of FH4 doesn't plan on fixing this issue at all.
They will instead just wait it out until the next Horizon comes out and hope that we just shut up and buy the new game.
We won't get anything as compensation. We are denied refunds. Its a mess.

And unfortunately nobody with the reach to make some noise cares about these issues.

I am sick of waiting. I have been waiting for over 6 months now. There has been 0 official information about this issue and microsoft just keeps closing threads on their end.

I just really don't care to buy any Microsoft or Turn10 games anymore, because they have all been a hot mess on PC. No Support, no actually useful information, nothing. A god damn joke of a company.
#321 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:39:44 PM(UTC)
I guess they want mass lawsuit.
#322 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 5:30:04 AM(UTC)
The same issue has happened to me multiple times over the past 7-8 months and one of the oddball fixes usually corrects it for a while until this time.

Tried moving to another drive, resetting the app, uninstalled and reinstalled etc.
Windows, Nvidia video drivers etc. up to date
Disabled Windows firewall, windows defender.

Event log error below:
The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 4728
Start Time: 01d6335909368bef
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 67256558-3c14-4d38-b20a-313a369a49b2
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation
#323 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:55:18 AM(UTC)
Don't bother, FH3 works like a charm, FH4 doesn't ... and that is stupid cos' most of time I've always found some workarounds (computer genius) to solve problems, even on day 1 releases so as soon this game is server/online dependant and for some unknown reason they dont want you to play, because of some microsoft account conflict or some sort. so no workarounds, just go feking myself, waiting for a chimerical patch who may come from a twisted fantasy fairy tale.

BUT HEY HORIZON 3 WORKS HORIZON 4 DOESN'T !

Edited by user Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:01:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: why do you care ? correcting spelling errors.

#324 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:01:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChIIckennepper Go to Quoted Post
Start Fix maybe works for you guys

1. Go to windows settings
2. (Spielen) Play
3. (Xbox Netzwerk) Xbox Network
4. wait till its finished searching
5. (Beheben) Repair
6. Wait till its finished
7. Start the game again

If not try again should work on the second try

LOL, this worked for me, like he said maybe you need to do it twice. And prompt suggested me to restart so i did, then it starts working. Thank you!
#325 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:06:43 AM(UTC)
On my PC, both Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7 will not open if I use Realtek audio sources. If I switch both the mic AND speakers to something that is not realtek then the game opens fine. For example, internal monitor speakers over displayport and a USB mic.
I think it is possible that uninstalling realtek audio drivers and using the microsoft audio driver to control the motherboard built-in audio would also work.
I think newer Realtek drivers are the problem.
25 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error