This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
36 Pages<<343536Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#876 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:23:22 PM(UTC)
OK, Rio National is far and away the best fantasy track in the game (better than most of the real-world tracks), and second only to GT4's Citta di Aria as the best fantasy track in any game, ever. Total opposite of Airfield. B-class is good, solid fun, and the car choice isn't horrendous. Assuming I get any time to actually play this weekend (have some vital home repairs to get done), I might be able to turn a decent time for this one.

Got a solid homologated setup for the Aston. Might roll with that and see how it goes.

==

Rebuilt the Vantage to B600 and took it for a stroll. Took a bit of finagling to get the suspension to play nice on the various bumps and surfaces of Rio, but I think I found a good balance point between soft enough, tall enough, and precise enough. Rest of the setup is roughed in and seems more-or-less solid. Car's pretty sharp at turn in, is pretty forgiving about slip angles, and is nice and easy to balance with the throttle. Setup uploaded as HLC31 RioNR v1.0.

Current best: 1:42.09x

Pretty sure I'll see the south side of 1:40 before this one's out. That 1:42 was my first flying lap with the v1 setup.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:05:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#877 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:13:12 PM(UTC)
Just run a few laps to 'throw my hat in the ring' on this one - to be fair looking at the times from Moss & Kid, my hat's not so much in the ring as it knows where the ring is - can perhaps see the ring from a distance through some binoculars or a small telescope.

Wheel, bumper cam, Miura 1:42.980
 1 user liked this post.
#878 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 7:46:30 PM(UTC)
Great paint moss thanks again!!

Had to start it off with the big cars first Ferrari seems like a waste of time after trying to figure out the build but with to much base hp and stock or street tire builds it wasnโ€™t going to cut it

Moved to the vantage seemed like a good build

I ended up just base tuning all 4 of the cars before I even ran a lap ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿผ

Alfa should be fast here only car I could build with race tires

All car tunes are shared hlc v1

1977 Am vantage
1:39.602

Edit

Holy the miura is fast !!! 1:38.586 on the first clean lap I could get :o 1:37 very possible

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:36:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#879 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:48:45 AM(UTC)
Didnโ€™t realise deadline was 9pm lol, ah well practice cam in handy last night.

Next one sounds fun.
 2 users liked this post.
#880 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:42:36 AM(UTC)
A BIG FAT GOOSE EGG on track experience..... the cars not the same situation....

Starting with EZT CHRONIC s version of the Montreal because..... well.... itโ€™s an Alfa....

And several laps later (and a few lucky bumps) it is across the line with 1:53:454 to start......
 1 user liked this post.
#881 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:04:00 PM(UTC)
And then there was a Miura.... gonna try the Aston too.... ๐Ÿ˜—
#882 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:21:56 AM(UTC)
Think Iโ€™m going with the Miura for this one... a sweet setup too.... 1:46:8xx ๐Ÿ˜Ž
 1 user liked this post.
#883 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 7:45:33 AM(UTC)
Been having some trouble with the Vantage destabilizing while braking over curbs/bumps (not normal "bias needs adjusting" destabilizing, either; it's kind of lurching to the side whenever there's any combination of braking and fast compression), so I spent most of this morning's run trying to sort that out. Played around with the sways (which made things worse), the dampers, and the brake bias a bit. Also ran a with/without chassis reinforcement comparison and decided the extra weight was worth the slightly more solid feel. Still does the lurch thing, but it's a bit easier to deal with now. Stuck with Sport reinforcement so as not to mar the glory of the This-Is-What-Passed-For-Luxury-In-The-'70s interior.

Main change from v1.0 is the gearing. Adjusted the final drive so Rio uses 2-4 and 5th has enough room for the car to stretch its legs on faster tracks. Also made 1st a bit more usable, which is a nice bonus.

Current best: 1:40.523

Since it's not super-legible at that resolution, the decal says "Heckin' Chonker".
 1 user liked this post.
#884 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 9:56:16 AM(UTC)
Done a fair few laps on the quiet over the last few days, tried a couple of the cars available, probably a combination of build/tune/driving ability but wasn't making any progress - After all that and what I thought was a pretty good lap - just ended up with a 1:42.005.

Still same set-up etc as before. Just looking at the times on the board and on here, props fellas, you must be really driving the wheels off these cars
#885 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 10:17:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Been having some trouble with the Vantage destabilizing while braking over curbs/bumps (not normal "bias needs adjusting" destabilizing, either; it's kind of lurching to the side whenever there's any combination of braking and fast compression), so I spent most of this morning's run trying to sort that out. Played around with the sways (which made things worse), the dampers, and the brake bias a bit. Also ran a with/without chassis reinforcement comparison and decided the extra weight was worth the slightly more solid feel. Still does the lurch thing, but it's a bit easier to deal with now. Stuck with Sport reinforcement so as not to mar the glory of the This-Is-What-Passed-For-Luxury-In-The-'70s interior.

I've seen a "similar" issue with the Alfa Montreal, and, the conclusion that I have arrived too is the CoG (IMHO) along with the demands (rough surfaces, bumps, uneven braking locations) of this track.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#886 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:33:12 PM(UTC)
EZT MAKO 6669
1:44.950
Wheel
Driver view
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
 1 user liked this post.
#887 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 2:22:22 PM(UTC)
1:45:229.... Miura of course ๐Ÿ˜Ž
#888 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:59:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
EZT MAKO 6669
1:44.950
Wheel
Driver view

Welcome! Thanks for joining our HLCs. Will be adding your to our LBs soooooon!

PRKid

EDIT = DONE!

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 6:10:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#889 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:40:32 AM(UTC)
Tweaked the ride height and dampers a very tiny bit to try to get a bit more smoothness overall and backed off the front camber an even tinier amount. Debating about whether the differential needs a pass, as the car can get a little tail-happy on throttle if you don't set it up well the corner. On the flip side, if you do set it up well it sticks like nobody's business and goes like stink. Not a clear-cut decision this time around. Setup uploaded as HLC31 RioNR v2.1.

Definitely capable of 1:39s if I can string together a good lap. The car (as built) might be good for a little bit more than that, but not a huge amount; I'm pretty familiar with Rio, so my driving's a bit more competitive this time around.

==

Edit to add:

To satisfy my own curiosity, I grouped all the tracks in the game by my opinions on them. Rio is rated as "TOP TIERโ„ข" (in the company of Spa and the 'Ring, amongst others), and is the only fantasy track that isn't rated as "Absolute Garbage" or worse. Rio National (in either direction) is the best of the bunch, so yeah, one of my favorites.

Edited by user Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:57:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#890 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:53:44 AM(UTC)
Currently sitting at 1.38.5 with the Miura. Had some dirty 1.38.1/2 so being a little frustrated that I cannot pull a good lap together.

Tune is shared as Rio Grip v4 if anyone wants to give it a try. Pretty sure 1.37 is possible in more capable hands.

Edited by user Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:55:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#891 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:51:14 PM(UTC)
Set a PB this AM of 1:43:8xx.... went out to cut all the grass that has been fed with all of the rain here..... and checked the box quickly for update and found myself back in my old place...

Thatโ€™s racing.....
 1 user liked this post.
#892 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 6:01:02 AM(UTC)
Not having an easy time chasing that 1:39. Decided I liked the driving character of v2.0 better than v2.1, so I reverted to that, ran a few baseline laps, and made a different set of adjustments from there. Ride height's a tiny amount lower this time; it's pretty obvious high-speed grip is where the Aston's losing time vs. the Lamborghinis and some weirdo in an Alfa (go Team Weirdo!) and I figured that was the only way (short of aero) I was going to improve on that. Just barely stays off the bumpstops at the top of the hill right after THERE'STHEWALLYOU'REGOINGTODIE! curve. Decided to add some rear toe in to give it a bit more stability under throttle, and did end up nudging the differential a tiny amount (at 75/30 instead of 70/35). I think the toe's doing a lot more than the rest, but none of the changes seemed detrimental this time around, so I think this one will stay. Setup is uploaded as HLC31 RioNR v2.2.

Current best: 1:40.428

Time was set with v2.2, but I hadn't uploaded it yet so it doesn't show up as downloadable. On the plus side, the Heckin' Chonker decal is now on the car in the replay, so at least there's that. Will try to get some more laps in before the holiday weekend's out.
#893 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:53:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
....some weirdo in an Alfa (go Team Weirdo!)...

........๐Ÿ‘...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.....๐Ÿค”.......๐Ÿ˜Ž....๐Ÿคช

DJ Saoco
36 Pages<<343536Prev

Notification

Icon
Error