#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 5:13:55 PM(UTC)
What car did you find to be the most unexpected and yet useful tuned car in FM4? For me, it was the Colt Ralliart
#2 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 6:57:55 PM(UTC)
I remember all the issues with the pinto when they came out.(yea I know im old) . I have had a lot of success with them.
#3 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 7:11:04 PM(UTC)
Lol yeah that's a pretty fun car
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:24:03 PM(UTC)
the Ford king cobra.. surprised me so much I bought 2.. I swapped out the engine on the 2nd 1 just to see how much I could get out of a 5000CR car.. lol.. results have been illuminating to say the least..
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
I took a Zonda C12, put it on drag tyres in R3 and set top 20s! :)
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:57:36 PM(UTC)
I did an El Camino in A class and it actually turned out to be faster than a lot of my other A class cars very surprising
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:54:34 PM(UTC)
The #126 Zakspeed Viper dropped to R3 with drag tires is really quick.
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:38:35 AM(UTC)
GMC Vandura. in C-class Drag tires, Sport Suspension sport gearbox, antirollbars, and differential... and truckload of power.
It won't set LB times, and it's bit hard to drive. How ever, since I discovered it I have pretty much dominated C class Sebring Club.

Jeep Wrangler has been good in C class, How ever it really hates bumps and is prone to roll over if you try to attack them.
Proud member of Hard Luck Racing.

If your time isn't on HC board, it means nothing.

Mr. Oddball
Beat me with lotus, No big deal. Beat me with SUV, you have earned my respect
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2014 8:50:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Juggernaut Go to Quoted Post
GMC Vandura. in C-class Drag tires, Sport Suspension sport gearbox, antirollbars, and differential... and truckload of power.
It won't set LB times, and it's bit hard to drive. How ever, since I discovered it I have pretty much dominated C class Sebring Club.

Jeep Wrangler has been good in C class, How ever it really hates bumps and is prone to roll over if you try to attack them.

Didn't expect to see you here, but anyway, back on topic... :P

I've found that my GMC Vandura is good in B class around Indianapolis and other speed tracks

The aston martin cygnet is good in C / B class if you leave it FWD, too twitchy when you convert it to RWD.

My BMW Z4 GT3 is also good in S class with drag tyres.
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2014 2:30:59 PM(UTC)
mclaren mp4 12c is a bit twitchy but my god she flys in r3

i did find though that the honda civic is alright with just 200hp in c class for sebring
Mod edit - WSD - Profanity.

Do not use your sig for breaking ToS and CoC
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2014 2:43:33 PM(UTC)
by the way full speed you cant tune matey
Mod edit - WSD - Profanity.

Do not use your sig for breaking ToS and CoC
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:13:23 AM(UTC)
i'de have to say the mitsubishi starion was my pleasant suprise car... does well in the "ABC's"
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:25:09 AM(UTC)
I have a 59 Cadilac built and tuned for B class, it's unbelievably capable in online races.
It weighs about 4000lbs but it actually handles really well and it's got plenty of power too.
I love surprising people with it when I'm online.
Something insightful
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:34:07 PM(UTC)
The most improbable I found was one I never drove only bore witness to what it can really do. I was racing online and was up against that Ford transit van and I was in my s class Hemi dart. It spanked me off the line which is probably the all wheel drive. Thing is my Dart is built for acceleration over top speed the thing moves like a bat outta hell and I couldn't keep up in the straights and my only saving grace was the darts superior cornering ability over the van. It might handle rough but that van is scary fast
#15 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 10:19:15 AM(UTC)
considering I never bought or drove one until after I had played almost every other cars in this game - I would have to say I never expected much from the Pontiac Fiero. surprisingly good, esp. compared to itself in real life ;^)
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:33:10 AM(UTC)
I have two cars that tie for my "most improbable race car." My first shocker was an R3-class VW rabbit I bought in an auction. I decided to just see if the person I bought the car from new what he was doing when he tuned it, so I raced it with his settings. The only car that outran me in that race was a Dodge Viper. Second, I have a R3-class Datsun 510 (with 800 PI). The darn thing has over 700 hp, and it started off with 96! I actually prefer the Datsun, just because it is faster, and not quite as much of a handful as my Rabbit. However, both are great cars to troll people with. One group got so angry with me that they kicked me from their lobby (hehehe...).
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:19:44 AM(UTC)
I don't usually go for the american muscle cars especially the mid 1970's. What surprised me is the 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 - in S Class. AWD, stock transmission gave it a speed rating of 3.0 ! hand 5.7; acc 9.6 launch 10 (handy on P2P) brake 6.1 which had benchmark tests; 0-161 of 5.871s ; top speed 282.3 (final drive of 3.30 for around Fujimi reverse). Sub 9 minutes got into top 2200 (out of 217219). If you want the tune/build message me (either here or xbox live).

Mind you, if you just "crawl" around say 10min30sec clean, is top 3500.

Anyway - it reminded me of what the 2006 Miura Concept was like in Forza Motorsport 3.

mmm - off the race a Lambo now, hope I'm not disappointed.

Have fun. Stay safe. Stay home and play old computer games.
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 5:30:46 PM(UTC)
Thx Censed. I used 1970 Ford Mustang with your setup for my first venture into online racing. I'm not the quickest, 5-10 seconds a lap slower but this car was my goto for Classes B, A and S for the first couple of days.

I recently bought the Volvo 240 Turbo. Upgraded to S (maxed out at 736 so not competive in R3). Upset a few players that I would even try to race it and even more so when a couple finished behind it. Got it to get the "boxy but fast". :-)
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:30:18 PM(UTC)
Hi Seb. Thankyou for your post. Tried the Colt Ralliart and wow it can be upgraded past PI800 same as the Datsun 510. It will be added to the list of possible Klub 49ers car garage.

speaking of which, Krusty has a new lead for a patron. discussion have progressed to the stage where we are calling out for what cars players would like as prizes, gifts for joining. for me i'd like the R3 car nissan #46 z. Can be used for 749 and 800. But even that would have to wary of fully upgraded 2003 Fairlady Z ;-)

Question: What is your most disappointing race car? For me, looking for an alternative to the Mazda Furai, looked at the starting stats for the 1.5mil Hyundai. decent speed and accelation and with a handling stat of 9.2 compared to the furai 9.3 (which is partly what makes it soo quick). and also looks like the poster car for FM4 with the branding on the base design. So i got it.

First all, very limited upgrades available - to the extant that it can NOT be fully upgrade to even R2 PI 875. I can get to 870 and that's it. speeding rating is higher than furai but benchmarking and actual speed tests demostrated it to be slower. what the? maybe i'm using too much downforce.

Anyone want a slightly used high end but disappointing race car? Make a post here and you never know your luck.
#20 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:14:48 AM(UTC)
I found the Enzo Ferrari was a bit twitchy in r1 but was a monster with 1000hp with awd spins a lot on front tires even with 99% rwd

Notification

Icon
Error