3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:40:38 AM(UTC)
WINTER | SERIES 22

Starts May 21 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 22.

Next change: May 28 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

The Mitsubishi Starion is one of two new exclusives this week (the other is the 1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185)

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 600FP Car: 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 450FP Car: 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6 (previously available Exclusive model)
  • Clothing: Galaxy Skirt
  • Clothing: Golden Skirt
    Wheelspins cost 40 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
Season completion now includes a Wheelspin / Super Wheelspin with the car rewards.
  • 50% Winter Completion: 1992 Toyota Celica RC GT-Four ST185 (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited DeBerti Design (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series 22 Completion: 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5 (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 22 Completion: 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154

See the How Festival Playlist percentages work article at Forza Support.

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge: - 15%
Must be done in sequence to count, all completed within the season to earn completion.
Note: the Forza Edition will probably not count for this challenge.
  • Own and drive the 1972 Land Rover Series III
  • Earn 20 Wreckage Skills with your LR Series III
  • Win a Cross Country Series event at Ambleside Rush Cross Country with your LR Series III
  • Drive your LR Series III for a total of 15 miles

Daily Challenges: - 1% each
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 1 Great Wrackage Skilll
  • Earn 3 Triple Pass Skills
  • Drive for a total of 15 miles
  • Earn 2 stars in total from Drift Zones
  • Earn 2 Ultimate Wreckage Skills
  • Earn 2 Ultimate Drift or E-Drift Skills
  • Closely overtake while racing to earn 2 Pass Skills

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Horizon Special: Evo vs. Impreza
  • Reward: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (previously available Exclusive model)

Seasonal Playground Games: Quarry | (C600) Extreme Offroad
  • Reward: Quartz Regalia D (previously available Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Roman Ruins Danger Sign | 557.7 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: M68 Speed Trap | 270.0 mph

PR Stunt: Royal Terrace Speed Zone | 108.0 mph

Championship: "Mud Is Thicker Than Water" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Modern Rally
  • Reward: 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (newly released Exclusive model)

Championship: "Offroad Rampage" | Cross Country | (A800) Offroad
  • Reward: 1972 Land Rover Series III FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Cold Commute" | Road Racing | (A800) Horizon Special: Daily Drivers
  • Reward: 2013 BMW M6 FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Series Events
    Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist, applying retroactively for past seasons within the series.

Monthly Rivals - 6%
  • Ford Racing Puma at Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit

Online Adventure
  • Qualification

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:18:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:22:16 AM(UTC)
Horizon Special Themes are found as an option when creating a Blueprint event. Below is the list of Daily Driver cars, which range from D to S1 class. Since the season event is limited to A800, you may not see your owned cars in the eligible list unless you've upgraded the car to be within that class.

2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2015 Audi S1
2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
1964 Austin FX4 Taxi
2015 BMW X6 M
2008 BMW M3
2005 BMW M3
2017 Ford M-Sport Fiesta RS (S1 class, can drop to A class with the engine swap)
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2009 Ford Focus RS
2015 Honda Civic Type R
2007 Honda Civic Type-R
2004 Honda Civic Type-R
2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
2013 Mazda MX-5
2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
2013 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
2013 Renault Clio R.S. 200 EDC
2010 Renault Megane R.S. 250
2010 Renault Clio R.S.
2013 Subaru BRZ
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2014 Volkswagen Golf R
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2010 Volkswagen Golf R
1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6
1992 Volkswagen Golf Gti 16v Mk2
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:41:37 AM(UTC)
Tip for this season : Un,ess I’m wrong, you can combine the last challenge of the weekly with one of the solo championships.
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:53:23 AM(UTC)
Last week the worst, this week the easiest trial
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:04:39 AM(UTC)
Yea it put me and my buddy just the 2 of us. That helped!!!

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:07:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:13:51 AM(UTC)
It's true, though; Mud is in fact thicker than water.
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:28:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Salfox69 Go to Quoted Post
Last week the worst, this week the easiest trial

That's because Seasonal Games is quite hard without a TrackTor. Though the rental Tracktor will get the job done.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:33:03 AM(UTC)
Starion is pretty cool. It's nice to play one game for almost two years and still being surprised.
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:35:06 AM(UTC)
Is it known that for the 1992 Toyota Celica RC GT-Four ST185 there is no name over the car picture in the german version?
It just says 1992 Toyota. The same for the not yet released Nissan Pulsar. When i switch to english it is there, when switching back it is gone.

Just to know if i have to go through the endless journey of a support ticket.
thx
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:44:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Seiran800 Go to Quoted Post
Is it known that for the 1992 Toyota Celica RC GT-Four ST185 there is no name over the car picture in the german version?
It just says 1992 Toyota. The same for the not yet released Nissan Pulsar. When i switch to english it is there, when switching back it is gone.

Just to know if i have to go through the endless journey of a support ticket.
thx

Yes, It's the same for every other languages than english.
It's a known bug, hope that PG will correct the issue in the next series
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:49:35 AM(UTC)
No idea if it's the best car for it, but the first time I did the Trial, there was someone in a 22B who slowly pulled away from me. So I did it again, this time I used the 22B, and slaughtered everyone.

I've shared two tunes. One spends the considerable PI needed for a race gearbox, but that means it has 6 nicely spaced gears. The other tune uses the sport gearbox, which frees up enough PI to save about 50lb of weight, but it means it's sluggish off the line and has wider spaced gears, as it only has 5 gears. I don't know which is best, I used the race gearbox one in the Trial where nobody else finished the Gauntlet before the timeout. The car is very very grippy on the snow, but doesn't seem to particularly suffer on the straights compared to other cars.
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:50:13 AM(UTC)
Thx for the info Salfox69!
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:56:47 AM(UTC)
Complete opposite in the trial this week, was the only Lancer in the team, won all 3 races and team won very easily as well, most interesting bit was getting into a spat in the 1st half of the Gauntlet with a teammate who was bitter about me winning the 1st 2 races, made him and his constant quickchat spamming the whole time he was in front of me look daft then made up probably 15-20 seconds to the leader and won comfortably.

You'd expect better behaviour from someone at 3 stars + level 62.
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:40:07 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing the tunes Bree. I went for the sport gearbox running MC. Won the first race, got pushed around a checkpoint (accidentally but slightly annoyingly) in the second and could only recover to 3rd. The third race was interesting as one of the drivatars in an Evo had a massive speed advantage and kept overtaking me on the various straights. I eventually pulled away to win by about 10 seconds over the last dirt section but the first 90% was fairly nip and tuck.

Overall, not one of the better trials. The tracks are three of the best dirt tracks but they are on the long side in B (especially obviously the Gauntlet) and the drivatars - bar the freakish one in the last race - aren’t really able to give much of a challenge. I think it would probably have been much better as an A class event.
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:48:09 AM(UTC)
Much better trial this week team 3:0, my 22B came in 1st, 7th (kindly pushed out of checkpoint by teammate) and 1st (even tho we had one very speedy drivatar, I could catch it and take victory on last twisty bit.
So trial car, a bit slow off the line, but can take most of the corners flat out:
B 700 Subaru Impreza 22B, tune with rally/snow tires - 508 268 254
but if anyone feels courageous and run it on stock tires (it is 15 sec slower on first race), tune - 221 272 558

Modern rally championship car, running rally/snow tires, you might ask why .. second and third race, are on snow and I did try to drive it with stock tires fitted Impreza from trial and its just big NO, so:
B 700 Ford Focus RS '03, tune - 172 525 704

Offroad championship, anything will do:
A 800 RAM Rabel TRX, tune - 120 651 735
or Ford F-150 '17 or RAM Power wagon with DJS tune (which might be a bit of a problem atm)

Daily drivers car:
A 800 Renault Megane R.S. 250, tune - 610 753 292
or Ford M Sport Fiesta, tune - 152 111 784
or Honda Civic '15, tune - 175 724 991

Forzathon car Land Rover S3
I tuned mine to A 800, tune -843 964 379
and also made a custom blueprint at Ambleside rush CC - code 157 708 610 (just drive straight :) )

Stunts as always done with offroad tuned Agera RS for speed trap and jump, speed zone done with S2 tuned Lego Senna.

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:50:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:11:37 AM(UTC)
Well made Forzathon. This is what I missed in this game most of the time: making lists that reward players who think ahead of them. Using the Series III to beat the A800 Championship is a given, and it's alright!

Actually this is a pretty good week, the Trial looks like it's gonna be very fun and the Championships feature good classes. I only wish Playground would consider making an A800 Modern Rally event, because all of those cars can reach A800 and it's a level of performance closer to WRC of the time.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:22:27 AM(UTC)
This week was ez pz so far and thanks for the cars.

Btw, it's a very minor thing, but the 'new' Toyota Celica and the Pulsar are missing their name tags, this can lead to some problems I think.

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:23:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:25:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
.........and also made a custom blueprint at Ambleside rush CC - code 157 708 610 (just drive straight :) )
Sounds like the "5 Second Sprints" I've been making forever! LOL

I dare say COLD COMMUTE is quite easy with a wide range of A800 cars, but I used the sublime 2013 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG (181 664 160) and that car grips better in the snow than some cars do in the dry.

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:33:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:02:24 PM(UTC)
yeah on easy trail.... but getting real tired on this broken ones...... am now above average drive... but i know bugs when i see them.
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:33:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

and also made a custom blueprint at Ambleside rush CC - code 157 708 610 (just drive straight :) )

Thumbs up emoji :D

2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
It's amazing to me this game has been out for so long and it still has stupid things happening during jumps. It's bad enough your car can fall through the map jumping from an island into the water. But someone tell me how you'd feel if you fell through a frozen lake? How and why is this still happening after all these months??
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:02:05 PM(UTC)
And someone STILL thought it was a good idea to create PG event with lower than A800 ratings.
[Mod Edit - abbreviated profanity removed. Second strike. See Enforcement Guidelines at Forza Support. - MM]

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 1:43:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:06:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
No idea if it's the best car for it, but the first time I did the Trial, there was someone in a 22B who slowly pulled away from me. So I did it again, this time I used the 22B, and slaughtered everyone.

I've shared two tunes. One spends the considerable PI needed for a race gearbox, but that means it has 6 nicely spaced gears. The other tune uses the sport gearbox, which frees up enough PI to save about 50lb of weight, but it means it's sluggish off the line and has wider spaced gears, as it only has 5 gears. I don't know which is best, I used the race gearbox one in the Trial where nobody else finished the Gauntlet before the timeout. The car is very very grippy on the snow, but doesn't seem to particularly suffer on the straights compared to other cars.

Thanks! The 22B with your race gearbox tune netted me a 1st, 5th (missed a marker thanks to a teammate.... seems to be a common issue today...), and a 2nd. We won all 3 races thanks in part to 3 other great teammates who showed up with a good car and knew how to drive, and despite 2 other racers that showed up in stock cars and unsurprisingly took 11th and 12th place consistently!

Great tune for the way I drive.

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 6:05:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:33:19 PM(UTC)
Hi,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Not going to say much, otherwise will be a rant. Anyway normal A.I. dirt anything not tarmac rubbish, both offline/solo and in the trial. Difficultly is 'apparently' lower in the trial, as per normal.

Online:
**Trial: "Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Horizon Special: Evo vs. Impreza
**Car used: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution ix MR (Autoshow 27,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Dirt / 114 376 252

This car is NOT the meta for this event, but I prefer cars with grip, and this is about it for choice - I am over events with mis-matched class and type, it is a racing game (yes not as serious as motorsport), car classes and type should always allow the choice to add tire upgrades with out it been a game of how do I make this fit, or the choice of grip - no power vs. power - no grip, at the very least half the choices on offer should fit this requirement, especially in not sunny/dry weather conditions, if this is about forcing 'difficultly', it fails, it is just frustrating. If the events team is trying to force stock or near stock events, just make the event such. You can win the trail in this car/tune, you can also not win, but it is competitive enough to place on the podium and/or score points for the team. Tune has Forxa rear air, rally/snow tires.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Quarry | (C600) Extreme Offroad
**Car used: 723 Quartz Regalia Type-D (HTF)
**Tune: C600 Games / 141 543 903

Again with the very limited choice (I think it is only five, only two of which are native autohow cars). No issue in the event, has some grip issues on acceleration (with these wheels, this is bizarre), but can't change tire specifications at all for this car, build is lighter than the stock version, and handles, accelerates and brakes better.

PR Stunts:
- Royal Terrace Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song - wall ride, is the easiest way to do this zone, so swallow some pride and save yourself a headache,
- M68 Speed Trap, 2017 Koenigsegg Agera RS, no tune,
- Roman Ruins Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Enjoy.
#25 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 4:25:38 AM(UTC)
Very good Trial, and I was able to use the same car and tune to unlock the Starion. And yes, you can combo the Forzathon with Offroad Rampage.

The one that gave me the most trouble for some reason was the Daily Drivers Championship. I had so much trouble with the last race up in Edinburgh. I think I did it 6 or 8 times.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error