45 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext
#801 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 6:22:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Apparently there's an invisible stump just over the apex of turn 5. Stops you damn near dead in your tracks if you hit it. Glad I installed that unobtanium skid plate or my oil pan would be toast.

...I was shocked when I hit it the first, and only, time. Thought my ride height was way too low, yet, had room to spare even at min. Now, it's a New Line!

DJ Saoco
#802 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 8:18:44 PM(UTC)
1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A looks like the car. Default tune on a 500 HP build and I gained almost 1.5 sec!

Now to tune it and see if I can wrestle the "Golden Wheel" from Coopracing.
Crash

*EDIT* Down to 2:06.123 - still running a default setup. Plenty of dirty 2:05.6's

Edited by user Friday, May 1, 2020 10:15:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#803 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:59:52 AM(UTC)
I've got bored of dirty laps through the Corkscrew and chicane at the end of the second straight so calling it a week. Final time of 2:10.394.
See what Wednesday brings.
 1 user liked this post.
#804 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 7:40:45 AM(UTC)
Am I the only one that sorta likes Yas? Full Corkscrew's not my favorite layout (gets a bit samey with two functionally identical straights followed by two functionally identical left-right chicanes), but it's not terrible.

Anyways, tried a few minor variants on the build, made a few more adjustments to the setup. Chassis bracing slightly improved the feel of the car, but had a measurable negative impact on lap times. I did go with the Street cooling upgrade, as it puts the car at a nice round 565 horsepower and 2830 lbs. Uploaded as HLC28 Yas v1.2.

Current best: 2:08.4xx

I'll probably be able to get into the mid-2:07s with it, and I suspect the car's capable of a lot more. I'm kinda terrible at Yas (despite the fact that I like it), and the track modeling oddities (ex: Schtumpkurve) aren't helping.

Edited by user Saturday, May 2, 2020 7:42:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#805 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:42:49 AM(UTC)
Am I the only one that sorta likes Yas? Full Corkscrew's not my favorite layout (gets a bit samey with two functionally identical straights followed by two functionally identical left-right chicanes), but it's not terrible.

...........👍..................🏎....

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#806 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 12:33:41 PM(UTC)
New time

HDT commodore 2:04.719

Tune is shared “HLC final” spent some time tuning this one. Any feedback is welcome 👍🏼

Also have final version of the 97 m3 shared (just as fast as commodore)!

Edited by user Saturday, May 2, 2020 12:41:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#807 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 5:52:20 AM(UTC)
02:05.6 HDT VK. Feels like theres a lot more in it but not sure if I can get the clean lap. I'm guessing that's same for everyone!😂😂
#808 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 9:44:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
02:05.6 HDT VK. Feels like theres a lot more in it but not sure if I can get the clean lap. I'm guessing that's same for everyone!😂😂

Got you down w/the 2:05.578! Hard to drive consistently at this track for sure!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#809 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:34:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post

Got you down w/the 2:05.578! Hard to drive consistently at this track for sure!

PRKid

Yeah sorry I took a tenth off just after. 👍👍
 1 user liked this post.
#810 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 8:47:46 AM(UTC)
I set a time of 2:08.553 in the HDT Commodore. Not sure if I'll get a chance to do more laps. Have a good one! :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#811 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 2:00:03 PM(UTC)
Raised the front ride height a tiny bit and stiffened the springs a modest amount. Looked like most of my curb-bouncing was happening on the front, so I figured a bit more travel and a bit more cush might do it some good. Also decided to try a less-flat spring frequency (currently at 2.45Hz F/ 2.48Hz R) to give it a bit more squat under throttle, rejiggered the F/R ARB balance a bit to compensate, and hit the track. Seemed to work out OK. The car's a little more forgiving over the Turn 2 Invisibump and the off-camber curbs (which I'm pretty sure is every apex on the track), and a little easier to control when it does get loose. Setup is uploaded as HLC28 Yas v1.3, and I'm pretty sure it'll be the last.

Current best: 2:07.961

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the issues I'm having with the car stem from me being a little (OK, a lot) overzealous on the throttle. Used to rear-heavy, lower-power cars where you kinda aim them in the general direction of track out and just kick the thing like it stole your wallet. Started working on using a less stompy approach to throttle control on the last few laps and the car seems to respond much better. If I can get a few more laps of practice in I may be able to hit that mid-2:07 benchmark.
 1 user liked this post.
#812 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 2:44:00 PM(UTC)
2:11:784 dirty.... 2:12:214 clean.... in a car with yellow houndstooth upholstery..... 😗
#813 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 7:03:11 PM(UTC)
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the issues I'm having with the car stem from me being a little (OK, a lot) overzealous on the throttle. Used to rear-heavy, lower-power cars where you kinda aim them in the general direction of track out and just kick the thing like it stole your wallet. Started working on using a less stompy approach to throttle control on the last few laps and the car seems to respond much better. If I can get a few more laps of practice in I may be able to hit that mid-2:07 benchmark.

....My learning as well, throttle control is CRITICAL with this particular combo (lack of rear tire width along with track conditions), especially during power-on. Many times almost completely off-throttle and to my surprise pass my ghost.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#814 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:19:44 AM(UTC)
Goal reached today but back to RL I go in AM........ 😢

Official time.... YM Corkscrew.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... HSV Monaro.... 2:11:478 😎

Fun,fun,fun...... 👍
 2 users liked this post.
#815 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:04:10 PM(UTC)
Yas Corkscrew is yet another tough track, where clean laps can be at a premium. Our concerns over the competitiveness of the Early Sport Touring cars, however, proved groundless, with a number of the cars capable of running top 10 times. The '85 HDT VK Commodore was probably the best of the bunch on this track, and was most popular, but the BMW M3s pushed it hard.

Another good week for PRKid, who claimed his second consecutive win, from Bassman, and Bubba, all three of whom claimed top 10 spots. EZT CHRONIC deservedly gains promotion to Tier 1 with an excellent 4th position. Mr Pinstripes had a good run in the M-B 300 SEL to win Tier 3 comfortably from SnowmansDad1.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 1985 HDT VK Commodore.

Tier 2: EZT CHRONIC wins a paint for his 1985 HDT VK Commodore.

Tier 3: Mr Pinstripes wins a paint for his 1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3.

Tuners Prize: HLR Bassman wins a paint for his 1985 HDT VK Commodore.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Virginia to drive some modern hot hatchbacks. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 29
B Class (B600 Max)
VIR South Day
Restricted to any car in the Modern Hot Hatch Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 13th May.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But please:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Modern Hot Hatch Cars

2019 Hyundai Veloster N
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2018 Honda Civic Type R
2017 Ford Focus RS
2017 Ford Focus RS FE
2016 Abarth 695 Biposto
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2016 Honda Civic Type R FE
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2015 Audi S1
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2014 Volkswagen Golf R
2013 Abarth Punto SuperSport
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG FE
2013 Renault Clio R.S. 200 EDC
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP FE
2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback
2011 Peugeot 308 GTI
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Renault Clio R.S.
2010 Renault Megane R,S. 250
2010 Volkswagen Golf R
 1 user liked this post.
#816 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:04:37 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 29. Best of Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:22:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#817 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:43:56 PM(UTC)
Ok, I'm new here, so hello everybody! :)

Just for a benchmark there are my results:

-Time: 1:15.785
-Car: 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
-Tune: PTG Jamie
-View: Cockpit
-Hardcore: Yes
-Wheel: No

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:53:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#818 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:44:28 PM(UTC)
Fwd cars woooo!!!! Fwd is my thing 👍🏼

Probably going to end up tuning half these cars for this haha 2010 clio is probably going to be the car to beat

Beautiful paint job moss will msg you later for it 👍🏼👍🏼
 1 user liked this post.
#819 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:28:17 PM(UTC)
Looking like I'm in an Abarth née Fiat Punto for this one. If Peugeot hadn't absolutely butchered the styling of the 308 I may have gone with that instead, but that thing's hideous. Far cry from the 206, which is probably the best-looking hatchback ever made. Big draw (for me) for the Fiat is you can get it down to 48% front weight distribution with the appropriate bits and bobs. Might be able to hit 47% with the stock motor, but I hate turbos so that's out of the question. Current test mule is at a nice 50/50, but I may deviate from that in either direction if the car demands it. Trying to keep the stock wheels, as I suspect any of the aftermarket ones will look out of place. Rest of the build should be standard fare; no aero, tunables, etc. Haven't driven it yet; will edit when I get some laps in.

==

Edit to add:

Out of the box I think the Punto is probably the best-driving build I've ever done. It does exactly what it's told with aplomb and precision. Running a Honda I4/RWD swap on Race rubber. I did try the (Nissan?) V6, but the extra power and Street tires masked (not destroyed, mind you) the sublime handling of the initial build, so it got scrapped pretty quick. Not to mention it sounds worse. Setup uploaded as HLC29 VIR v1.0 if anyone wants to take it for a spin. Doubt it'll be competitive without aero, but it's surprisingly fun.

Updated current best: 1:14.403

Also, VIR is a great track, and I absolutely cannot understand why people hate on it so much. Every layout has its own interesting character, and they're all engaging and challenging. Plus it's pretty. Good combo this week, I think.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2020 3:21:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#820 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:55:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0RC1NUS Go to Quoted Post

Just for a benchmark there are my results:

-Time: 1:15.785
-Car: 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
-Tune: PTG Jamie

Wewlcome! Expect some friend requests so we can track your progress on the leaderboards, and thanks for joining in.
 1 user liked this post.
#821 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:21:52 PM(UTC)
Friend requests are more than welcome :) Send it!

I've tried Renault on this track and its quite good.

-Time: 1:13.353
-Car: 2010 Renault Clio R.S.
-Tune: THR Mitch
#822 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:36:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0RC1NUS Go to Quoted Post

Welcome! Will be adding you to LBs in a few. Also, expect a Friends request.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#823 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
Please put me down for cockpit view for this challenge, it might even become hardcore but I will let you know if/when it happens. Not normally a track I go to so this will make for a nice change of scenery. Good luck all.
 1 user liked this post.
#824 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:43:16 PM(UTC)
1:13.091 2016 Abarth

1:13.307 2010 Renault megane

1:13.604 2012 Mini Cooper

1:13.743 in 2013 veloster

Tunes shared
2013 veloster
2010 clio
2016 Abarth 695
2010 megane
2012 John cooper works mini

More to come 👍🏼

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2020 9:55:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#825 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:11:06 AM(UTC)
Alright... confession time......

I NEVER drove VIR South before last nite and so have a bit of curve sitting in front of me. With that out of the way, I built a hard and fast version of the Abarth 695 last nite for my BM (forgot the time though). Going to give another few cars testing today before yardwork after lunch. Don’t know what I’ll end up in but the Force will guide me.... 🧐
45 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error