This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#776 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 11:45:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
Used controller and hood view in this one !

Thanks! We will only keep track of your "Primary" options for both hardware/view. Hard to keep track if we need to change them (worst case) weekly.

PRKid

I would put me down as controller and hood view. My wheel is now set up on PS4. 👍

Cheers PRKid!
#777 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 2:45:38 PM(UTC)
I would put me down as controller and hood view. My wheel is now set up on PS4. 👍

Cheers PRKid!

Will do! Thx!

PRKid
p.s. DONE!

Edited by user Friday, April 24, 2020 2:47:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#778 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 7:17:31 PM(UTC)
01:01.956 Valiant in Chronic's tune. Real sweet tune fella. Cheers 👍

Used controller and hood view in this one !

01:01.7 👍

Thank you sir 👍🏼
#779 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 11:29:31 AM(UTC)
Still in Chronic's Valiant - 1:03.739
 1 user liked this post.
#780 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:11:14 PM(UTC)
Big step for me today - I am within 1 second of my Ultimate Benchmark Moss !! I made a $30 tweak to my brake pedal. What a difference a couple of pieces of elastomer make. I am now kicking myself for not doing this a long time ago. 1:02.591 with Chronics tune. With a little more sensory adjustment I think a 1:01 is possible.
 1 user liked this post.
#781 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:54:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stratocat65 Go to Quoted Post
Big step for me today - I am within 1 second of my Ultimate Benchmark Moss !! I made a $30 tweak to my brake pedal. What a difference a couple of pieces of elastomer make. I am now kicking myself for not doing this a long time ago. 1:02.591 with Chronics tune. With a little more sensory adjustment I think a 1:01 is possible.

Good work stratocat, stick at it and you'll get there!
#782 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 3:47:48 AM(UTC)

Sounds like an interesting project. Just add in some cushion to give the brakes a better feel?
 1 user liked this post.
#783 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:23:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Sounds like an interesting project. Just add in some cushion to give the brakes a better feel?

Brake Performance kit for Fanatec V3 pedals. Really just some stiffer elastomer inserts so now there is no initial movement before you start to get some braking. Pretty much all feel at the low end now. No longer have to try and judge position if you want just a touch of brakes.
 1 user liked this post.
#784 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 2:32:42 PM(UTC)
1:01.102 with bassman's tune.
 2 users liked this post.
#785 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 6:50:16 AM(UTC)
Barely an improvement.....but HUGE!

1:04:763😎 in a 73 Monaro......
 2 users liked this post.
#786 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 9:17:39 PM(UTC)
Made some minor improvements to my '69 GTO tune and am down to 1:02.961. Yeah! :-)

Regards,
Snowman
 1 user liked this post.
#787 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:07:12 PM(UTC)
Going to have to spend my day catching up on my yard work.... 😗

Official time... Lime Rock Full Alt.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... 73 Monaro.... 1:04:763 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#788 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:09:36 PM(UTC)
Lime Rock Full Alt is an infuriating short track. Good times are governed by how well you can negotiate the 2 chicanes, and how long you can put up with dirtying otherwise good laps at the final one before hitting it right LOL.

Most of the cars in this division were capable of good times, but as always, one car appears to have the edge, and minsons tries to prove everyone wrong LOL. The '73 Monaro was the popular choice, whilst minsons drove the tyres off the '70 Chevelle, and Harmonic put his Dodge Challenger into the top 10.

In the absence of Rich and xAlea, and with WIL Harmonic not posting his time, the battle for top spot was very close. At the close of play PRKid claimed his first win, from minsons, and BHR TRUEbk. Tier 2 saw a close race between Bassman, and Chronic, which Bassman won, and stratocat took first place in tier 3 after a successful modification to his brake pedals.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 1973 Holden Monaro GTS 350.

Tier 2: HLR Bassman wins a paint for his 1973 Holden Monaro GTS 350.

Tier 3: stratocat65 wins a paint for his 1973 Holden Monaro GTS 350.

Tuners Prize: HLR Bassman wins a paint for any car of his choice fro the division.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Abu Dhabi to drive some early sport touring cars. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 28
A Class (A700 Max)
Yas Marina Corkscrew Day
Restricted to any car in the Early Sport Touring Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 6th May.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But please:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

Apologies to crash220, who already has a time, but hopefully beatable.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Early Sport Touring Cars

1997 BMW M3
1997 BMW M3 FE
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
1997 Volvo 850 R
1996 HSV GTSR
1995 Audi RS 2 Avant
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1992 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1991 BMW M3
1991 BMW M3 FE
1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1990 Vauxhall Carlton
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3

We've only run these cars once before at Top Gear Full back in Season 1. The Zagato won on that occasion, but that was at B600!
 1 user liked this post.
#789 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:10:59 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 28. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:31:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#790 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
*sings* Oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz...

While the E30 BMW is one of my favorite cars (though not in M3 trim; I think the body changes look ungainly), I think I'll give the 300 SEL a shot first. It doesn't belong within a country mile of any of the other cars on this list, but I have a soft spot for the body style and it should prove a fun build.
 2 users liked this post.
#791 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 1:39:31 PM(UTC)
This week will have a lot of dirty laps haha yas is a nightmare sometimes haha

Started off week with a r32 GTR

2:06.538

Edit
Also tuned and tested

190e 2:06.9

Alfa zagato 2:07.1

Alfa Milano 2:07.0

300 sel (untested looks fun tho v10 swap 👍🏼)

E36 1997 bmw M3 new pb! 2:05.5 (insanely faster and easier to drive then anything else I’ve tried)

All tunes are shared “v1 hlc”

Edited by user Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:46:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#792 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 3:15:27 PM(UTC)
There is something about the 80 Porsche that whispers ‘Try me.....’. Not sure if it is the balance, the symmetry of numbers, or the looks of the thing. In any event, I’m giving it a whirl. In search of the perfect lap.... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#793 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:45:55 PM(UTC)
Roughed in two builds for the SEL, one using the V10 and the other using a very massaged SBC. Was much happier with the balance and power delivery of the V8, plus I was measurably faster with it. Toyed with the idea of running a V12 build using the restrictor plates to get the power down to manageable levels, but was scared off by the less-than-ideal weight distribution and powerband. Spent most of my tuning time today getting the transmission sorted (it's a 5-speed, but 1-4 is all that's needed on Yas). Car's pretty stable on brakes and rotates nicely on throttle, but gets a bit skittish over curbs. Thinking I'm going to need to raise the spring rates a bit, but haven't watched the telemetry yet to find out.

Current best: 2:09.5xx

Anyone else having trouble with the car getting upset on a nasty invisible bump on turn 2? Track looks nice and smooth, but I'm pretty sure I'd be putting the shock towers through the fenders if I were driving a real car.
 1 user liked this post.
#794 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:07:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't a problem.
2:07.9 in.... DOH! the wrong Ford Falcon.

My kids must have been playing around and set a time because there is no way my 02 Vette was that slow. Unfortunately I might not be able to best the new time because I HATE YAS and I typically can't beat FOOT around this track.

"Congratulations you beat your rival gtFOOTw...." "Your next rival is gtFOOTw...." WHAT?? It took me a while to figure out that he was racing at the same time.

Crash
#795 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:01:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
"Congratulations you beat your rival gtFOOTw...." "Your next rival is gtFOOTw...." WHAT?? It took me a while to figure out that he was racing at the same time.
Crash

I've had that happen soooo many times over the years chasing different people, it's not funny anymore, but it's better than Horizon were you have to quit out to see who your next rival is, only to find it is the same person.
#796 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:35:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't a problem.
2:07.9 in.... DOH! the wrong Ford Falcon.

My kids must have been playing around and set a time because there is no way my 02 Vette was that slow. Unfortunately I might not be able to best the new time because I HATE YAS and I typically can't beat FOOT around this track.

Crash
LOL, I’ll probably stop at 2:07.5xx in the M3. I hate these chicanes and painted apexes jutting out into the ideal racing line.

1 user liked this post.
#797 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:05:47 PM(UTC)
2:07.7 No Aero Chevy Powered Ford Falcon Donk sitting at a curb friendly max ride height.

Tune is barely drivable but the build shows promise as I was about 0.5 slower in all the Commodores I tried. More grip = slower and more power = uncontrollable. Tune is baffling, lower tire pressure 0.5 and it falls apart. Add 0.2 more front camber, lower the ride height three clicks, add (or subtract) any ARB and it falls apart. Basically change anything and it drives worse! It looks like it is picking up the inside front causing it to under-steer apex out exaggerating a snap power-on over-steer. I can't tell if it is traction rolling, too soft for the high CG, or just getting thrown in the air by the curbs.

Crash
#798 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 7:31:15 AM(UTC)
New time

2:05.208 v2 hlc tune 97 bmw m3

Had a 2:04.700!!!!

Edited by user Friday, May 1, 2020 2:03:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#799 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 4:58:34 PM(UTC)
Reworked the build a bit (not enough for a new version number) and made a few adjustments to the setup. Have a bit of wiggle room left to check the performance impact of the oil coolers and chassis bracing, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Really wish I could make the body-colored wheels glitch permanent, as my near-ubiquitous Cragars look pretty slick in chrome and dark green.

Current (clean) best: 2:08.555

Apparently there's an invisible stump just over the apex of turn 5. Stops you damn near dead in your tracks if you hit it. Glad I installed that unobtanium skid plate or my oil pan would be toast.
 1 user liked this post.
#800 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 6:19:55 PM(UTC)
Interesting combination this week. These are some of my all time favorite RL cars. Unfortunately we are running on one of my least run and least favorite tracks. I have a lot of learning to do this week - so many critical braking zones and so many chicanes.
45 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error