#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:25:12 PM(UTC)
Yesterday and today I've been racing a Maserati 300S classic racer in memory of the great Stirling Moss, RIP yesterday at 90 years of age. He won the Buenos Aires 1000KM in the car in 1956, and thought it was one of the best cars he ever drove.

I'm racing it at B700, against Ferrari GTOs, C and D Jaguars, Aston Martin TZ2s, and so forth. And...a lumbering Jaguar MK II 3.8 sedan. What on *earth* is a car like that doing in the thoroughbred competition the Maserati races against?
#2 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:51:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ReportedPeak2 Go to Quoted Post
I'm racing it at B700, against Ferrari GTOs, C and D Jaguars, Aston Martin TZ2s, and so forth. And...a lumbering Jaguar MK II 3.8 sedan. What on *earth* is a car like that (1957 Maserati 300 S *) doing in the thoroughbred competition the Maserati races against?

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Misc

* Misinterpretation.

@FlashyClamp5213, no fair putting your own edits into my post when you quoted it. The car I was puzzled about was the Jag sedan, which I felt had no business racing against those thoroughbreds - the Maserati was what I was racing, and winning effortlessly against that competition.

My apologies... That's why implicit definition is best to be avoided.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2020 2:25:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:00:09 PM(UTC)
For anyone who's interested, I've put out a pretty decent B700 circuit tune for the car. Wins effortlessly at Holyrood against the unbeatables.
#4 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:04:54 PM(UTC)
@FlashyClamp5213, no fair putting your own edits into my post when you quoted it. The car I was puzzled about was the Jag sedan, which I felt had no business racing against those thoroughbreds - the Maserati was what I was racing, and winning effortlessly against that competition.
#5 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:29:38 PM(UTC)
The Jaguar MkII was used in racing it just wasn't as hardcore as these cars.

I'm surprised you didn't get a Lotus Cortina in your grid! It was a great car but completely outmatched against all these GTs/prototypes.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#6 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 3:15:08 PM(UTC)

@NightDriver7800, I get Lotus Cortinas in some of my C600 races, and they're tough.

Back at the end of the 60's, beginning of the 70's, I used to drive a Fiat 124 Spyder, and I commuted to work through a valley with a nice curvy road winding through it. I'd go through there about 6 or 7 AM with no one else on the road and just let 'er rip. Once in a while a refrigerator-white Lotus Cortina would show up at the same time and we'd race the length of the valley. That guy was a *tough* competitor. I gained a lot of respect for that marque.
#7 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 3:19:00 PM(UTC)
No harm, no foul, @FlashyClamp5213. Apology accepted.
#8 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 4:08:38 PM(UTC)
Back at the end of the 60's, beginning of the 70's, I used to drive a Fiat 124 Spyder, and I commuted to work through a valley with a nice curvy road winding through it. I'd go through there about 6 or 7 AM with no one else on the road and just let 'er rip.

Such beautiful scenes are likely no longer replicable in the real life, but the advancement of technology has enabled us a new possibility:

Have you ever imagined that driving a McLaren Senna blasting through the very scene?..
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 5:46:52 PM(UTC)
Whenever multiplayer races feature the F1 cars of the sixties that he drove in, most of them scatter due to the challenging nature of these pre-aero cars. It took real guts to drive those cars the way they did and with no mechanical assists! RIP Stirling Moss!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 7:32:02 PM(UTC)
Don't sweat the Jaguar sedan. Just be glad there isn't a Lego monstrosity in that class yet. Nothing breaks the immersion quicker.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:49:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Have you ever imagined that driving a McLaren Senna blasting through the very scene?..

Trying it in real life would scare me to death if it didn't kill me. Even in FH4 I'd end up wrapped around a tree trunk.

Notification

Icon
Error