This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
15 Pages<<131415Prev
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#351 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:00:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
...I take 2 seconds to open the garage and delete the car.

2s to delete a car ???? I certainly missed a tips here, garage menu, opening cars list, browsing through like 700 cars to find the good one even using filters, proceeding with deletion, in 2 seconds ...

...Probably the sum of uninterruptible UI animations during the process would exceed 2 s.



Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Are people really this entitled that they can't clean up some cars for a few seconds???

No, that's the programmers job... it's bad programming to hinder the user.

Are programmers really this entitled that they can't make up some decent coding especially for such an AAA title???



Follow-Up

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 8:53:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#352 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 5:28:15 PM(UTC)
Agreed! The limit needs to be increased to another 50 or so to make room for the new additions and gifted cars via Forzathon. I have to continually delete undesired cars to keep up with the the garage limit!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve





Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#353 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:02:41 AM(UTC)
My issue with garage cars list would be closed if only they would replace automatic launching of online wheel spin by a simple message, you won a wheelspin. and we would gain like 10s of waiting time for next championship
My issue with number of tunes will be closed if only I had a number of tunes tag next to cars and creative hub showing download/allowing to delete tunes directly.

That will never happen ... sad but ok ... Wheel screw color paint is fixed so, great ...
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#354 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 1:04:04 AM(UTC)
Having a debate with a friend, made a strawpoll to get to the bottom of the general thoughts of the community.

https://www.strawpoll.me/20057260/r
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#355 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 1:11:07 AM(UTC)
It's a problem. It wouldn't be such a problem if we could refuse cars in our garage. Even the Seasonal events force cars into out garage each week. We have to do them to get the percentage points.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#356 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 9:33:45 AM(UTC)
No, since you can always delete cheap common cars that you could just buy again. When I finish the playlist I immediately delete or auction any duplicates. If you get one while doing an adventure that it will not let you sell write it down in your phone so you do not forget. You just need to be diligent about it. I have 49 free slots. I have a few duplicates like PO cars I can't auction, not many. In the future maybe the X cloud will provide additional space.

Edited by user Friday, May 15, 2020 9:39:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#357 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 9:04:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
No, since you can always delete cheap common cars that you could just buy again. When I finish the playlist I immediately delete or auction any duplicates. If you get one while doing an adventure that it will not let you sell write it down in your phone so you do not forget. You just need to be diligent about it. I have 49 free slots. I have a few duplicates like PO cars I can't auction, not many. In the future maybe the X cloud will provide additional space.


unless you leave the game, time will come when you will stop considering fun/not being a problem having to go through 750 cars to delete duplicates. That said, deleting duplicates is not the only top fun thing, the best of all is when you have to find tunes to delete because you've reach the limit ...

It just take to realize that just replacing the automatic launch of the wheelspin end of online race by adding '1 wheelspin' in the list of won things at the end of championships would have avoided all players to spend, as a whole, thousands of hours just going through the garage deleting some cars.

Any way, won't change now ...


Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#358 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 10:14:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
No, since you can always delete cheap common cars that you could just buy again. When I finish the playlist I immediately delete or auction any duplicates. If you get one while doing an adventure that it will not let you sell write it down in your phone so you do not forget. You just need to be diligent about it. I have 49 free slots. I have a few duplicates like PO cars I can't auction, not many. In the future maybe the X cloud will provide additional space.


Your post starts with 'no', but goes onto a string of pointless work associated with the game.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#359 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 2:44:10 PM(UTC)
Did an overall analysis on the save game's storage structure.

I'm almost certain that the "Garage/Paintjob/Tune Cap", with proper optimization, can be risen to at least 100,000 (for each), while maintaining the same cloud storage consumption upper-limit.



Main reason:
  • Car thumbnail previews (for garage cars, tunes, liveries) are stored (in PNG format) as part of the save game, which took up the most of the storage. Despite which can be generated in realtime and locally cached.


May have more details to follow.

Edited by user Saturday, May 16, 2020 4:10:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#360 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 11:01:39 PM(UTC)
Not surprised it is not optimized but
- you are sharing this info with players here
- they won't modify FH4 anymore ( their capacity of modification is now like "color of wheel screws" level )
- this is issue for minority and fixing won't come with more players therefore we could have the same issue in next version.

It's sad but it's just they don't care, just like tunes slots limitation etc...
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#361 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 6:28:13 AM(UTC)
Flashy: Seriously? 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds. Who cares? You get the point. It takes seconds while I'm driving around and changing cars to pick and delete them as I'm looking at them. People are entitled and lazy. It's just that simple. the fact people (or should I say children) get so defensive about it proves my point. Stop being literal just to be argumentative. It's childish.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#362 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 8:51:22 AM(UTC)
Previous



Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously? 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds. Who cares? You get the point. It takes seconds while I'm driving around and changing cars to pick and delete them as I'm looking at them.

You reserve your right to be ignorant, while the fact remains unsusceptible.


Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
People are entitled and lazy. It's just that simple. the fact people (or should I say children) get so defensive about it proves my point. Stop being literal just to be argumentative. It's childish.

...Accusing everyone who disagrees with you must be a brilliant way to prove your point.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#363 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:46:19 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the garage limit still on 750 cars?

I have some duplicates but not that many and even though I lost a few cars in the last couple of months since I could barely play first because I have a first need job (in pandemic times) and because I also had the Sonic Studio problem (game crashing at the start after grey screen, and no time to investigate it), the fact is that I have already 749 cars before this week races that can get me another 2 cars.

So, do I have to sell a few or this limit has now increased? I may be wrong but I dont have that many duplicates... Do anyone knows how many unique cars there are? :P

Thanks for your time!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#364 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:05:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VGSpeedPro Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the garage limit still on 750 cars?

I have some duplicates but not that many and even though I lost a few cars in the last couple of months since I could barely play first because I have a first need job (in pandemic times) and because I also had the Sonic Studio problem (game crashing at the start after grey screen, and no time to investigate it), the fact is that I have already 749 cars before this week races that can get me another 2 cars.

So, do I have to sell a few or this limit has now increased? I may be wrong but I dont have that many duplicates... Do anyone knows how many unique cars there are? :P

Thanks for your time!

750 limit still active, guess it will be forever...
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#365 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:53:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VGSpeedPro Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the garage limit still on 750 cars?

I have some duplicates but not that many and even though I lost a few cars in the last couple of months since I could barely play first because I have a first need job (in pandemic times) and because I also had the Sonic Studio problem (game crashing at the start after grey screen, and no time to investigate it), the fact is that I have already 749 cars before this week races that can get me another 2 cars.

So, do I have to sell a few or this limit has now increased? I may be wrong but I dont have that many duplicates... Do anyone knows how many unique cars there are? :P

Thanks for your time!


Garage Limit is still 750 vehicles.

Number of unique vehicles is presently 692 which includes Owens McLaren. Players can photograph Owens McLaren via blueprints but very few own it.

I've sold all my duplicates but would have liked to keep some of them. I suppose the necessity of increasing the Garage Limit depends on how long PG plans to support the game and supply new vehicles.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#366 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 11:33:06 PM(UTC)
Well, rising the bar to 10 units (760) to max cap will be nice. Main problem with duplicates are that certain cars, well, fit great in 2 different classes or in same PI class but in different race's type or have a specific build for online or for events. Or you keep one more cause your friend can't do the event/lost his saves. Cause let's say it, except for B (and lower) class, you need specific build. And switching for setup to another setup is much slower than change your car. So have 2 cars is way more practical.

PS: P1 Owen actually could appear in AI races (at least was in the past), so actually i can made a screen. Not happens often, it's rare, but happens.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#367 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:59:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Previous



Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously? 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds. Who cares? You get the point. It takes seconds while I'm driving around and changing cars to pick and delete them as I'm looking at them.

You reserve your right to be ignorant, while the fact remains unsusceptible.


Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
People are entitled and lazy. It's just that simple. the fact people (or should I say children) get so defensive about it proves my point. Stop being literal just to be argumentative. It's childish.

...Accusing everyone who disagrees with you must be a brilliant way to prove your point.


I guess childish triggered comments are your way of "contributing". lol I guess I'm just "ignorant" because I can do something quickly and choose to not whine like a baby about it. You're hilarious. lol lol lol

15 Pages<<131415Prev

Notification

Icon
Error