3 Pages123Next
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:40:58 AM(UTC)
SPRING | SERIES 20

Starts April 2 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the fourth and closing season of Series 20.

Next change: April 9 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 500FP Car: 2008 Koenigsegg CCGT 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 450FP Car: 2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV
  • Car Horn: Sheep
  • Clothing: Sapphire Crown
    Wheelspins cost 40 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Spring Completion: 2015 Koenigsegg One
  • 80% Spring Completion: 1968 Alfa Romeo 33S
  • 50% Series 20 Completion: 2018 McLaren 600LT Coupe (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 20 Completion: 1957 Ferrari 250 TR

See the How Festival Playlist percentages work article at Forza Support.

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge: - 15%
Must be done in sequence to count, all completed within the season to earn completion.
  • Own and drive any Extreme Offroad class vehicle
  • Win 3 Cross Country Events in an Extreme Offroad vehicle
  • Earn 20 Wreckage Skills in an Extreme Offroad vehicle
  • Earn a total of 9 Stars from Danger Signs with an Extreme Offroad vehicle

Daily Challenges: - 1% each
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 3 stars in total from Speed Traps
  • Earn 3 Great Air Skills
  • Earn 3 Lumberjack Skills
  • Earn 2 Kangaroo Skills
  • Earn 2 Daredevil Skills
  • Reach 125 mph in any car
  • Earn 1 Ultimate Air Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS - (5% each) 48% total

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Discount Delivery" | Street Scene | (B700) Reasonably Priced Cars
  • Reward: 2018 Mercedes-Benz GT 4 (previously available Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: Supersonic Vs Superfast (Jet)
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (C600) Hot Hatch
  • Reward: 1994 Honda Prelude (previously available Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Mam Tor Danger Sign | 1010.5 feet

PR Stunt: Old Town Speed Trap | 210.0 mph

PR Stunt: Strathbridge Speed Zone | 140.0 mph

Championship: "Just in Time" | Road Racing | (S2 998) Hypercars
  • Reward: 2017 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Fiesta ST

Championship: "Pulling Power" | Cross Country | (A800) Extreme Offroad
  • Reward: Emote: The Gun Show

Championship: "New Arrivals" | Road Racing | (S2 998) Modern Supercars from the 2010s
  • Reward: 2008 Lamborghini Reventon FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Series Events
    Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist, applying retroactively for past seasons within the series.

Horizon Story - 11%
  • Express Delivery

Monthly Rivals - 5%
  • McLaren Speedtail at Lakehurst Copse Circuit

Online Adventure - 14%
  • Qualification

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:21:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:50:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
FORZATHON SHOP
  • 600FP Car: 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S (previously available Exclusive model)

• This is the second instance of a DLC car in the Forzathon shop that i can remember, with the last one being the 2009 JB DBS in the Advent Calendar on Dec 30th
     1 user liked this post.
    #3 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:09:24 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
    #FORZATHON SHOP
  • 600FP Car: 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S (previously available Exclusive model)

• I have confirmed this. ...are they serious?
    The CC8S is a vehicle included in the Fortune Island expansion. I can only assume that they were mistaken.

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:21:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:10:22 AM(UTC)
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the Koegnigsegg CC8S part of the Fortune Island DLC?
     2 users liked this post.
    #5 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:29:31 AM(UTC)
    For a quicker way to make the 3 CC races for weekly Forzathon, use this shared code : 753 444 793
    #6 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:37:37 AM(UTC)
    Weird stuff going on with the Koenigsegg CC8S being in the Forzathon-Shop. Has anyone who doesn't own Fortune Island bought it yet? If so, can you use it?

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:38:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:46:13 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
    Weird stuff going on with the Koenigsegg CC8S being in the Forzathon-Shop. Has anyone who doesn't own Fortune Island bought it yet? If so, can you use it?

Logically, those users won’t be able to use the CC8S, just like when that car from the Bond pack that was offered in the shop a few months ago.
     3 users liked this post.
    #8 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:01:52 AM(UTC)
    I don't have FI expansion pack and I wasn't aware that CC8S is a part of it, so I have bought the car in Forzathon shop... huge mistake. I have it in my garage now but I can't use it because I don't have the pack. I have just lost 600 FP and I have a car which I can't drive.

It's a pity, the game should tell the user that the car is from expansion pack and stop him from buying it.
    T10, can I get a refund of my FP? 😞
    #9 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:03:14 AM(UTC)
    Looks like they goofed ... again.

Explains why when I looked in the auction house to see if it was rare and worth buying with 600fp to sell on for CR, the auction house was already full of them for cheap prices.

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:04:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: WH4YER0 Go to Quoted Post
    I don't have FI expansion pack and I wasn't aware that CC8S is a part of it, so I have bought the car in Forzathon shop... huge mistake. I have it in my garage now but I can't use it because I don't have the pack.

I was about to make that same mistake, but I thought I would check here first.

Surely they will offer you a FP refund...

#11 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:08:06 AM(UTC)
    Good trial this week, used a 914/6 and won all 3 easily despite the lack of power which was horrible on the 2nd race uphill section, good tracks, wide range of cars suitable, no funny business from the AI and a decent team for the 1st time in weeks, couldn't ask for any more.

As for the CC8S though...I'm not even surprised anymore, that's the worst bit.
    #12 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:09:44 AM(UTC)
    The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Discount Delivery" | Street Scene | (B700) Reasonably Priced Cars
    Reward: 2018 Mercedes-Benz GT 4 (previously available Exclusive model)

I think the reward is the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe.

1 user liked this post.
    #13 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:14:21 AM(UTC)
    C600 Playground Games? Absolute worst, infuriating combination ever!

I'd be more fun running around with a wheelbarrow full of manure!

Took about five attempts, including a 2 vs 1 game, which I quit immediately (I was the 1) as life is too short and then finally a 1 vs 1, which I finally won on round 3, when the other player quit.

Jees, that was like having my teeth pulled without anaesthetic!

I could feel a little bit of me dying as each round commenced!

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:33:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:16:06 AM(UTC)
    If players don't own the FI DLC don't purchase car, I think this should of been highlighted but it seems it's a trick to get players who haven't bought DLC to spend money on packs like my son is doing to me now. I refuse to be snaked like that so I told him to remove car & I'll grind the game for his forzathon points back. Very sneaky business practice

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:16:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Colour of my skin makes me an enemy but that ish don't bother me...
     1 user liked this post.
    #15 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:22:22 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: TriniSparta Go to Quoted Post
    If players don't own the FI DLC don't purchase car, I think this should of been highlighted but it seems it's a trick to get players who haven't bought DLC to spend money on packs like my son is doing to me now. I refuse to be snaked like that so I told him to remove car & I'll grind the game for his forzathon points back. Very sneaky business practice

Probably just a mistake rather than deliberate ploy as you'd get the car for free (in-game) in the DLC anyway. And if you have the DLC the auction house is also full of them for like 500k CR. Nobody would ever want to use 600fp to buy one.
     1 user liked this post.
    #16 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:23:36 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: TriniSparta Go to Quoted Post

Or they could just be incredibly incompetent and have either messed up something they've been doing every week for 18+ months or someone on the PG team doesn't even know something as basic as a car being part of a DLC.
     1 user liked this post.
    #17 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:23:45 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
    Good trial this week, used a 914/6 and won all 3 easily despite the lack of power which was horrible on the 2nd race uphill section, good tracks, wide range of cars suitable, no funny business from the AI and a decent team for the 1st time in weeks, couldn't ask for any more.

I used an AWD Civic 97 and beat the AI easily but unfortunately I had a bad team so didn't win on my first attempt, will try again later.
    #18 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:24:19 AM(UTC)
    I'm hoping they change out the CC8S for something else. I have the expansion and the car so it's not a big deal to me, but that's not fair to everyone who doesn't own it to throw it out in the shop for them to buy, but not be able to drive it.
     4 users liked this post.
    #19 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:26:59 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Explains why when I looked in the auction house to see if it was rare and worth buying with 600fp to sell on for CR, the auction house was already full of them for cheap prices.

I think it will be swapped with the CCX later this week but seriously, it's about time the season events are handled by people who actually know the basics of the game, to prevent things like these from happening...

From first-party we expect something else, something above. DLC car as Forzathon prize is petty mistake and now twice. The devs deliver in many areas (name a better looking third-party racing game than FH4, for one) but in support and polish, not so much.
    R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
    #20 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:37:03 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I think it will be swapped with the CCX later this week but seriously, it's about time the season events are handled by people who actually know the basics of the game, to prevent things like these from happening...

From first-party we expect something else, something above. DLC car as Forzathon prize is petty mistake and now twice. The devs deliver in many areas (name a better looking third-party racing game than FH4, for one) but in support and polish, not so much.

Talking sense as always.

Even a developer who made a game single-handedly would have no excuse for not knowing what isn't and what is DLC.

Someone will still turn up here to try and defend such carelessness though, just wait and see.
     3 users liked this post.
    #21 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:55:52 AM(UTC)
    They have changed it to One:1 now
    So basically you can buy the car which you'll also earn for 50% completion

EDIT: Changed once again, now you can get a CCGT, which finally seems like a good deal.

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:08:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:12:21 AM(UTC)
    I confirm, it is now the Koegnigsegg CCGT, the car offered in the Forzathon shop.
     1 user liked this post.
    #23 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:51:32 AM(UTC)
    Trial was fun. Probably should have checked what type of event it was before starting - happened to enter just as the timer hit zero. I guessed it might be Dirt but fortunately the FWD Clio I chose was still decent on tarmac. Did miss a checkpoint at the start of race 2 but that did provide me with the amusement of overtaking 6 cars on one corner - think that might be a personal record - as 4 of my teammates all hit the brakes too late for a tight corner, taking two of the drivatars with them.
    #24 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:42:07 PM(UTC)
    I used the 1987 Pontiac Firebird in the Trial and killed the AI on the straights. It turned like a boat though so I'd say there are better choices out there. I used the 2010 Renault Clip RS for the Playground Games but if I had to do it again, I'd pick the 2009 Vauxhall Corsa instead. Everyone who used one seemed to catch me easily. The showcase remix was pretty fun. That Superfast just loved being thrown around corners.
    #25 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
    I doubt people will be struggling with the Trial this week, but I shared a tune of the 2009 S2000 for it, called DiscountDelivery. I only tried one other car before the S2000, the Mini JCW, and found the Mini a bit lacking in top end speed for those 3 tracks, I'd rate the S2000 as better for this particular event.
    3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
    Error