6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 5:58:35 AM(UTC)
Scroll through the stations, the one after classical is off.

edit: There's a streamer mode in the options that turn off the other music

Edited by user Sunday, October 13, 2019 6:00:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:30:23 AM(UTC)
Streamer mode is nice, but it turns itself off when you reload, and I keep forgetting to turn it on. Also, as annoying and repetative as the studio loading screen sequence can be with music on, it's eerie quiet in streamer mode. I suppose it's not so bad if you're actually streaming, or listing to your own music, and have something to fill the silence.
#103 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 10:52:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Streamer mode is nice, but it turns itself off when you reload, and I keep forgetting to turn it on. Also, as annoying and repetative as the studio loading screen sequence can be with music on, it's eerie quiet in streamer mode. I suppose it's not so bad if you're actually streaming, or listing to your own music, and have something to fill the silence.

For me listening to other stuff via Spotify App for Xbox while playing has been absolute great experience. I too tended to forget to turn Streamer mode on at first but over time it has became a habit.

If you are on PC and/or Spotify isn't your choice, there is program called "1by1" with very small memory footprint and doesn't take much from the CPU either.
#104 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 11:05:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

For me listening to other stuff via Spotify App for Xbox while playing has been absolute great experience. I too tended to forget to turn Streamer mode on at first but over time it has became a habit.

If you are on PC and/or Spotify isn't your choice, there is program called "1by1" with very small memory footprint and doesn't take much from the CPU either.

I tried Spotify it said I had to pay for it.
#105 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:19:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

I actually prefer not to have any music. Especially during races. Even when I still listened to the in-game radio, I only used it for overworld cruising. I turned it off for races.
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 8:00:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

You only need to pay for Spotify if you want to remove ads
#107 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:20:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

It’s not gonna be HIS music tho. You can’t download a playlist unless you pay for premium.

However, Aqua, I will say that Spotify Premium is worth it. You can use it on Xbox, or your phone. You can download music for offline listening. You can have playlist that, as far as I can tell, are limitless. It’s only $8 a month I think? So it’s not stupidly expensive.

You can also try Pandora. It’s more of a music station tho rather than playlist. You’ll get adds unless you pay for their premium selection. Also they’re starting to add more Spotify-esque features. Sometimes I prefer Spotify sometimes I prefer Pandora. You can find more relevant new music with Pandora tho. To each their own.

EDIT: I just remembered the sign in for Spotify is a little wonky for Xbox. If I remember correctly I had to go through Facebook.

Edited by user Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:21:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#108 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 10:18:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

It’s not gonna be HIS music tho. You can’t download a playlist unless you pay for premium.

However, Aqua, I will say that Spotify Premium is worth it. You can use it on Xbox, or your phone. You can download music for offline listening. You can have playlist that, as far as I can tell, are limitless. It’s only $8 a month I think? So it’s not stupidly expensive.

You can also try Pandora. It’s more of a music station tho rather than playlist. You’ll get adds unless you pay for their premium selection. Also they’re starting to add more Spotify-esque features. Sometimes I prefer Spotify sometimes I prefer Pandora. You can find more relevant new music with Pandora tho. To each their own.

EDIT: I just remembered the sign in for Spotify is a little wonky for Xbox. If I remember correctly I had to go through Facebook.

I haven't had any issues with login to Spotify and I don't pay for premium. Also, I have been perfectly able to access suggested playlists and create my own music library. Recommendations are usually pretty okay and so are suggestions. I do get that there may be special occasions, but I really don't see the issue here. You can skip tracks, pick other album, or playlist. For me it has been much better experience than than fiddling with FH4 radio stations. There are adverts, but for me at least they come up rarely, that may depend of user location though.

What comes to using users own music, there are lot of media player apps for Xbox. Just transfer music from whatever source to Xbox hard drive, or use external disk, and have media player app running on background.
#109 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 10:40:34 AM(UTC)
I'll try again, I would like to be able to chose music for replays. I think that the XBox will record whatever music is playing... I hope!
#110 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 12:02:33 PM(UTC)
Got Spotify working now, but on Replay mode the capture recorder doesn't record the music from Spotify, so that's not what I'm after.
#111 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:44:15 AM(UTC)
Got Spotify working now, but on Replay mode the capture recorder doesn't record the music from Spotify, so that's not what I'm after.

I think external audio sources may be blocked for multiple reasons. You could try some sort of editing software, which would require additional steps though. First load video to your computer, then mux additional audio track in it.
#112 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 7:16:45 AM(UTC)
+1 for making the music 0 (inaudible!). I use streamer mode but for some reason the game never remembers that setting and I have to remember to turn it on every single time I play the game. I don't even hate most of the default music it's just when you've played the game for hundreds of hours the same songs get irritating. Even if it were my own music I'd be sick of it. Is there any way to mod the games files to completely remove the music from the game?
#113 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 7:43:29 AM(UTC)
I wish there was a way, the prominent 'songs' in FH4 are some of the worst I have ever heard in a game, made even worse by the fact PG clearly thinks they are masterpieces so plastered those select few everywhere they possibly can.

I don't just think those 'songs' are bad, I am actually embarrassed having them come out of my TV.

I consider the 2 generic electronic rubbish 'songs' with no vocals the best of the prominent 'songs' which says a lot, my opinion of those select few 'songs' could be chucked down the bottom of a mine shaft and it would still be too high.

Edited by user Friday, March 27, 2020 7:44:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#114 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 10:19:01 AM(UTC)
That one song I can’t bear is the « DONTCHU » song. It gets irritating every time I hear that.
 2 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 11:43:54 PM(UTC)
They really need to patch this. After most of the songs were butchered on the way to the Lego DLC's release, I have little desire to listen to the game's radio anymore, but if you turn the music off you still get intermission music, and those are pretty bad.

2020, lots of people run Spotify in the background, whether console or PC, and they have to put up with this situation. It's mind-boggling.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#116 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 1:07:33 AM(UTC)
It says Answered but the answer is that it isn't possible...lol.
#117 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 3:37:29 AM(UTC)
It would help if there were a sound control for ambient music and that would be tied to control also music in loading screens.

I do lot of Street Scene so I have no issues with Spotify running background as there's no start lobby music in those events, but I get what people mean.

Content wise, I would likely prefer using Spotify even if radio feature in game were better. Lack of Skill Songs might be issue to some players though.
 4 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 10:53:52 AM(UTC)

See this is the problem with Forza, 1.5 year after launch the game is riddled with bugs and irritations with the developer showing no intent to fix or solve it, this seems to be the generic rule of thumb for any big development studio, Rockstar is doing the same with GTA Online, refusing to fix bugs, instead you get a mouthful of meaningless vehicles or game modes to keep your mouth shut. It took R* months to fix an obviously broken vehicle which was the RE-7B with broken aero.
Try to complain in chat / livestream and you will get muted or banned.

I give you another such example in Forza - when you spin a wheelspin yourself, you can choose credits instead of the prize car but when you get a wheelspin at the end of an event, it will automatically add the prize car to the garage, without asking.
Or another one - turning off the bloody business notifications off, with 200+ mil bank and prety much all cars unlocked I don't care about that 40-50k CR daily bonus, just be quiet.

Edited by user Sunday, March 29, 2020 10:58:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:31:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post

See this is the problem with Forza, 1.5 year after launch the game is riddled with bugs and irritations with the developer showing no intent to fix or solve it, this seems to be the generic rule of thumb for any big development studio, Rockstar is doing the same with GTA Online, refusing to fix bugs, instead you get a mouthful of meaningless vehicles or game modes to keep your mouth shut. It took R* months to fix an obviously broken vehicle which was the RE-7B with broken aero.
Try to complain in chat / livestream and you will get muted or banned.

I give you another such example in Forza - when you spin a wheelspin yourself, you can choose credits instead of the prize car but when you get a wheelspin at the end of an event, it will automatically add the prize car to the garage, without asking.
Or another one - turning off the bloody business notifications off, with 200+ mil bank and prety much all cars unlocked I don't care about that 40-50k CR daily bonus, just be quiet.

The wheelspin thing is very easy to fix, just make it like FM7 and save the wheelspins for when you go back to free roam. It's up to the devs to do it.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 12:16:48 PM(UTC)
I wouldn't mind the music if it was any good but it's all uniformly awful. The only station I can stand to listen to is Timeless but it only seems to have 4 or 5 tracks and just repeats them over and over and over and over. I get really bored with it really quickly. They obviously know what people think because they had to put the skill song feature in to get people to listen to them at all.
The only good thing I can say about it is that at least you can turn the moronic DJs off.
 2 users liked this post.
#121 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 1:34:09 PM(UTC)
For me I'll admit a huge part of my issue with it is the embarrassing choice of music itself rather than the actual thing itself, I would happily hear several of FH1 + 2's songs playing in loading screens and before races, FH4's choice of songs is just horrible though.

The 2 'rock songs' that play in the loading screens, one is 50% incoherent shouting and the other sounds like the drummer is just smacking randomly against them + has a line that should be changed to 'we don't know what we're singing for'.

I know I come across as OTT with this but I cannot stress how much I hate these 'songs', I have never ever heard worse in a game with a licenced soundtrack in around 18 years of gaming, it's just awful, absolutely awful 'music'.

I like a lot of different genres and am usually very accepting of other people's likes/dislikes with them but if you like the majority of these songs that play in the loading screens then my God you need your taste in music re-evaluating.
#122 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:19:09 PM(UTC)
I was actually being too nice in my earlier post. I would pay £9.99 for DLC that removed the "DONTCHU" song. Not even kidding.
#123 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:19:42 PM(UTC)
I liked some of the songs before they were hacked. The worst one is that Ring Ring song.
#124 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:58:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrunkenMasterll Go to Quoted Post
I was actually being too nice in my earlier post. I would pay £9.99 for DLC that removed the "DONTCHU" song. Not even kidding.

I wouldn't pay for that kind of DLC. I've learn to tune out when that particular song plays, despite how much I dislike it.

2 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:39:44 PM(UTC)
So i have found a way to completly turn off the music, even the annoying music in cutscenes (menus).

1. Go to the location where the game is installed (maybe you have to turn on show hidden files in your windows explorer to see the "WindowsApps" folder)
2. Inside the "WindowsApps" folder go to: >Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame (This folder should be around 75GB big) > Media > Audio > FmodOpus > X64
3. Inside the "X64" Folder delete following Files: https://imgur.com/a/9SDnerl
4. Some of these files are not inside the "X64" Folder, instead look for them inside the "Audio" folder and delete them.
5. Enjoy Forza without the annoying Music.

Note: This will completely remove all interface sounds and music and even some small and irrelevant UI sounds but no car sounds. You can backup these files and restore them (put them back in their original path) if you want to get them back (i did not test this but it should work).

I DONT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IF YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL THE GAME IN ORDER TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN AND I DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR THIS ( i highly doubt it, but you never know)

Have Fun !
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error