This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
26 Pages<<242526Prev
#626 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 12:52:16 PM(UTC)
All I have to say is WOW! 😳. I thought I had hit it big with the Elan and also the Fiat 124. Then I drove the Cosmo tuned by ‘SnoopSkunk V2’ and was blown away! I botched one shift at bottom of mountain but scored another PB. 2:00:930 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#627 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:22:48 PM(UTC)
Any one else notice this problem with their Cosmo?

Not sure whether I'm too heavy on the gas pedal, but it looks like I need some work on the floor of the car!
 1 user liked this post.
#628 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:47:01 PM(UTC)
Going to roll in the Alfa GTA for this one. Cortina was not happy being brought back that close to stock but the Alfa seemed to revel in it. Not going to be getting anywhere near a leaderboard time this time 'round; it's pretty obvious aero is going to be king on Merge!: The Real Highway Interchange Simulator.

Will get around to a proper writeup later on. Going to be off work again starting Monday, so I should have a bit of time. Wish they'd make up their minds.

Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Not sure whether I'm too heavy on the gas pedal, but it looks like I need some work on the floor of the car!

Yabba-dabba-do!
#629 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:57:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Any one else notice this problem with their Cosmo?

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Yabba-dabba-do!

.....🛒.......😂

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#630 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 2:34:42 PM(UTC)
My thoughts on Dubai:

3 left into
3 right
3 right into
3 left into
3 right long into
3 left into
3 right into
4 left
3 left into
3 right very long
4 right into
4 left
4 right into
4 left
4 left into
3 right very long
over finish!

...no "don't cut"s, no "caution: bump", no "over crest"; nothing. Worst. Track. Ever. Or at least the sleepiest.

That said, the Alfa's a riot. Absolutely gorgeous car, too. Tried a few basic build iterations (lightweight, all tire, all power, etc.) and settled on sorta-balanced build on Street compound tires. Got enough grip to hold on all those 3rd gear sweepers, but will still develop some slip angle if you're chucking it hard enough. Would like a touch more power (125 would be about ideal, I think), but the PI ceiling wouldn't allow it. The dummy setup I was using for the initial testing was a bit squirrely (mostly because it was at something like 2.31 Hz front and 2.41 Hz rear), but other than that worked well enough to give me a solid starting point for the initial setup. Transmission's a five speed this time around; powerband's between 5,500 and 6,500, but going a bit under or over doesn't kill your momentum too badly.

Setup uploaded as HLC24 DUHbai 1.0 if anyone who hasn't run a Cosmo already wants to join me at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Current best: 1:57.430

1 user liked this post.
#631 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 7:57:01 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile! I thought I'd try a few laps and got a 1:56.349 in the Cosmo with the SnoopSkunk V2 tune.

I hope all is well with you. Stay safe and stay hunkered! :-)

Regards,
Snowman
 1 user liked this post.
#632 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:48:51 AM(UTC)
A shoutout to all HLC participants! You guys give me some real competition. You really need to bring your best car, your best tune and your best driving skills to at least somewhat keep up.

Thanks for running the comp to Moss & Kid, still learning incredibly much.

And last but not least - it’s a ton of fun, especially in this “home office” time. 😏

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:51:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#633 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:22:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
A shoutout to all HLC participants! You guys give me some real competition. You really need to bring your best car, your best tune and your best driving skills to at least somewhat keep up.

Thanks for running the comp to Moss & Kid, still learning incredibly much.

And last but not least - it’s a ton of fun, especially in this “home office” time. 😏

Thanks for shoutout to all, along with feedback, much appreciated! Very glad you are enjoying the events!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#634 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:24:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnowmansDad1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile! I thought I'd try a few laps and got a 1:56.349 in the Cosmo with the SnoopSkunk V2 tune.

I hope all is well with you. Stay safe and stay hunkered! :-)

Regards,
Snowman

Welcome back Snowman, glad you were able to join in the fun again! You stay safe as well my friend!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#635 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:30:01 PM(UTC)
Me and rich are both going to run a few laps via are twitch channels if anyone is wanting a bit of an insite. If not they should be a vod after we've finished.

Mine: https://www.twitch.tv/jparrott46

Rich: https://www.twitch.tv/richardmills92

Twitter @J_Parrott92
Twitch JParrott46
#636 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JParrott 46 Go to Quoted Post
Me and rich are both going to run a few laps via are twitch channels if anyone is wanting a bit of an insite. If not they should be a vod after we've finished.

Mine: https://www.twitch.tv/jparrott46

Rich: https://www.twitch.tv/richardmills92

....👍 GREAT job!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#637 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:25:46 PM(UTC)
I lowered my time to 1:55.167 in the Cosmo. Sooo close to Crash! :-)

Cheers!

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:50:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#638 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:31:33 PM(UTC)
I managed to get a few laps in yesterday and see PRKid has got me back on the board, but I’m using controller once again having packed my wheel away to make a home office! Otherwise I’d be dead last I’m sure lol... please update me 😉
15/15 = 93%
26 Pages<<242526Prev

Notification

Icon
Error