This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
Rank: Driver's License
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:28:07 AM(UTC)
I share all my good tunes. I'm pretty fast with rivals times in the top 50 on almost all the competitive tracks, higher on less competitive classes.

All tunes are tested in private lobbies against the fastest guys in Horizon and if they do well they are shared.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:29:45 AM(UTC)
I have 400+ tunes shared for speedy/grip builds that are based off light weight more than horsepower which are very capable of winning with "unbeatable drivatar difficulty". And apparently they have become popular this year as I have gone from 50-70 downloads a day to 500-700 downloads a day. My "Likes" have also skyrocketed!! I haven't made this list above which fine but it is awesome just to see the number of downloads and likes each day! Thank you...

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2020 7:31:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 10:36:21 AM(UTC)
This isn't meant to be disrespectful but AI on any difficulty doesn't pose the same challenge as humans.

You test if a build and tune is good online against real people and offline in rivals based on lap times.

For example if I'm tuning an A class car on Greendale club circuit and I can't get it to do 54 secs, the car is trash to me.

Against top tier drivers on the same circuit you need under 54 secs to be competitive.

Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
I have 400+ tunes shared for speedy/grip builds that are based off light weight more than horsepower which are very capable of winning with "unbeatable drivatar difficulty". And apparently they have become popular this year as I have gone from 50-70 downloads a day to 500-700 downloads a day. My "Likes" have also skyrocketed!! I haven't made this list above which fine but it is awesome just to see the number of downloads and likes each day! Thank you...


Rank: D-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:02:15 PM(UTC)
That aTTax Johnson is alright at tunes I guess
Rank: Driver's License
#30 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 1:47:57 AM(UTC)
I'm still at it...love highway tunes and +999 level cars...Bugatti Divo, TVR, Roission Q1, Maserati MC12, Porsche GT3 RS PO, Lambo Diablo Gtr, Koenesegg, McClarn..some of my favorite...Test them on straight Elmsford on the Sea, Insane mode, Unbeatalbe Drivers, No clutch..some cars there is no hope for Lambo Aventador ..just can't turn at high speed. Best speed zone cars are DJS Ford Hoonigan for dirt roads, Otherwise using the Q1 or the Porsche GT3 PO. The US old muscle cars do great at high speed but also can't turn. The Impala SS just wasn't built to do 240mph. Let me know how my tunes are. I'm always up for suggestions
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 3:08:48 AM(UTC)
I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring, mostly because I'd like to get to the higher levels all across the creative hub thing. Not gonna say im.the best but I've been around since FM2 through every Forza game since, painting and building and tuning.

I have a wide range of tunes, alot have been built and tuned for weekly Hot Lap Challenges that were hosted by the HLR guys, and another Rivals Challenge being hosted on the forums. Alot of lower classes from D to A and up. I have quite a few drag tunes, RWD cars that would normally be drag cars, high S1 and Low S2. Other than that, a very eclectic mix of hotrods and muscle cars.

I've also got many paintjobs for each of them.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 3:50:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post
This isn't meant to be disrespectful but AI on any difficulty doesn't pose the same challenge as humans.

You test if a build and tune is good online against real people and offline in rivals based on lap times.

For example if I'm tuning an A class car on Greendale club circuit and I can't get it to do 54 secs, the car is trash to me.

Against top tier drivers on the same circuit you need under 54 secs to be competitive.





Well not everyone is tuning cars for online or rivals so for them is totally meaningless how god car is in online. Tune can be good even when it's cant beat unbeatable AI (some players just like cruising around the map so then it dont matter how good car is in races)

Btw greendale club circuit is terrible track to test how good car is in online, Renault clio FE can make easily sub 53s laps but it's absolutly terrible car for online racing.
Rank: Driver's License
#33 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 1:18:12 AM(UTC)
I don't think you read my message in full. I'm not talking about OP cars on any given circuit but how a car does in general across a few different tracks.

Greendale club circuit is one of the best tracks to tune on as it has a long straight, sweeper and a tight technical section.

I also have my own test track and a few other testing tracks, my comments above were an example.

And your last comment is what annoys me about this game, it's a racing game and 99% of the player base don't know how to race.

And you don't need a build or tune to cruise around.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:38:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think you read my message in full. I'm not talking about OP cars on any given circuit but how a car does in general across a few different tracks.

Greendale club circuit is one of the best tracks to tune on as it has a long straight, sweeper and a tight technical section.

I also have my own test track and a few other testing tracks, my comments above were an example.

And your last comment is what annoys me about this game, it's a racing game and 99% of the player base don't know how to race.

And you don't need a build or tune to cruise around.



Well you should then know that lap time in one track dont tell nothing how good car is in online. But you miss my point that many players dont look cars for online racing (you can see this very well by looking achviments stats abaout online adventures) so for them it's not important part is car competive in online or not (i assume that you know allready that top drivers usually build they own cars to with best fit at their driving style)

Well this game is barely racing game and amount of focus from PG to racing in this game is so small so is that any wonder that many players are not very skilfull drivers.

And sure you can cruise around with any kinda tune but still there are peoples that are looking tunes just for cruising around map, not every player play the game same way than you do or same way than i did.

And after that offtopic one of the best tuners in this game is Rayne Se, espicialy if you are like driving RWD cars then he is really worth of following.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:16:55 AM(UTC)
I sense a pattern here of you not reading the full post before replying. I wrote Greendale club circuit is ONE of the best circuits to tune on if you know what you're looking for.

A car that can handle Greendale, station circuit and my high speed cornering track will do well online.

Also you mentioned that not all players are looking for race/drift tunes, in case you forgot, this discussion is taking place in the tuners lounge, if not looking for a race/drift tune then what are people doing here?

As for cruising, you most certainly don't need a tune for driving around at a leisurely pace.

A tune doesn't beat either the unbeatable AI or online against top tier fast drivers, that's ability and lots of practice. A tune helps you get comfortable with the car and not second guess if you are going to lose traction, grip etc, and with awd not understeer straight into a wall.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:50:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post


As for cruising, you most certainly don't need a tune for driving around at a leisurely pace.

A tune doesn't beat either the unbeatable AI or online against top tier fast drivers, that's ability and lots of practice. A tune helps you get comfortable with the car and not second guess if you are going to lose traction, grip etc, and with awd not understeer straight into a wall.



Yeah you dont need tune cruising around the map but still there are peoples who wants get tuned car just for cruising around like i say earlier not everyone play this game same way so tunes that are usefull to you are totally useless for somebody else.

Do you really try to teach me that driving skill matter? :D
Rank: Driver's License
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:13:56 AM(UTC)
You've already lost your straw argument so why carry on this pointless debate. This is the TUNERS LOUNGE, 99% of those who visit this section are looking for a race or drift tune.

You keep going on about not everyone plays the game the same way as me, and that's what I'm trying to get through to you, those people DON'T visit this section, so your whole argument falls flat.

And yes ability cannot be taught as racing to me is about lines, some people see lines that are invisible to others, but a good time can help narrow the gap.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:11:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post
You've already lost your straw argument so why carry on this pointless debate. This is the TUNERS LOUNGE, 99% of those who visit this section are looking for a race or drift tune.

You keep going on about not everyone plays the game the same way as me, and that's what I'm trying to get through to you, those people DON'T visit this section, so your whole argument falls flat.

And yes ability cannot be taught as racing to me is about lines, some people see lines that are invisible to others, but a good time can help narrow the gap.


Lol you talk only this lounge that use maybe 0,001% of horizon players while i was talking abaout horizon players in general (most of topics here are anyway asking tip/helps and not even looking for tunes) And lets not forget i start commenting to you because you say that AI dont offer same challenge as human so need to test in online is tune good in online even tho most peoples that play horizon (not just here in forums but overall in this game, lets make this clear because you have seem to miss this part all the time) are never gonna play online.

Oh and you can stop teaching how to drive or how important good tune is i know those very well as im also in top50 in rivals all the time and have set record times in rivals as feel speed zones.
Rank: Driver's License
#39 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:24:30 AM(UTC)
Did you really bring up speed zones and traps as a way to gauge driving ability? You can 3 star any zone/trap with the Mosler or Sagaris FE, most likely with one hand tied behind your back.

And again you seem to pick and choose from what I wrote. I wrote you test if a tune is good in rivals based on lap times, in private lobbies against top 1% drivers and on test tracks.

If someone is struggling to beat the AI on anything below unbeatable then they simply need more practice at learning the track.

As for top 50 rivals time, I checked a few boards where I've actually put in more than 5 laps and had a hard time finding your gamertag.

I had to scroll a long way down to find you, mind you, I did only check a few. If there is a board where you see my gamertag and you're placed higher, let me know the track and what car you used, I'll go and beat it when I have a spare 5 mins.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#40 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:32:47 AM(UTC)
If I don't tune the cars myself I normally go for DJS or PTG tunes. I have over 300 tunes atm. Recently I have been doing a lot of drift tunes but most of my other tunes are based mainly on grip. I mainly do handling upgrades on all my cars before increasing the horsepower if it is for A-class and above. If it's B-class or below I try to do a mixture of horsepower and some handling upgrades. I also tune my cars with all assists off because that's how I drive in the game, The tunes might work for some people but not for other people

Edited by user Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:35:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 12:24:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post
Did you really bring up speed zones and traps as a way to gauge driving ability? You can 3 star any zone/trap with the Mosler or Sagaris FE, most likely with one hand tied behind your back.

And again you seem to pick and choose from what I wrote. I wrote you test if a tune is good in rivals based on lap times, in private lobbies against top 1% drivers and on test tracks.

If someone is struggling to beat the AI on anything below unbeatable then they simply need more practice at learning the track.

As for top 50 rivals time, I checked a few boards where I've actually put in more than 5 laps and had a hard time finding your gamertag.

I had to scroll a long way down to find you, mind you, I did only check a few. If there is a board where you see my gamertag and you're placed higher, let me know the track and what car you used, I'll go and beat it when I have a spare 5 mins.


You seem to say all the time that i dont read what you wrote but it seems that you do same all the time, where i did wrote anything abaout 3 star abaout speed zones etc? God you can 3 star speed zones even with B700 class car, i wonder what part abaout RECORD you dont understand?

And you dont even need rivals or private lobbys to know is car good in online or not (if you dont remember at lauch state when didint have either of those so testing tunes in that way wasnt even possible).

Oh and i havent even set even that many times on rivals because this unfinnish game wasnt give us rivals before i was allready got bored so i have mainly just set some quick times in some lower class leaderboards. But please you can spent that your 5 spare minutes to improve your A800 greendale club circuit time to 0.5 second im bit rusty because havent play at all lately but i know i can hit under 53s laps in that track.

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2020 2:49:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 4:52:30 PM(UTC)
I don’t think you are actually too far apart in what you are saying. It’s obviously correct that being able to beat unbeatable drivatars doesn’t mean a tune is going to do well in ranked or rivals. However, some cars just don’t have the capability to really do that and some people might just want, for example, a Pista tune, which is quite easy to drive and good enough to help them beat the drivatars. Perhaps best to agree to kind of disagree and Beard can go see if he can chase Sprungboss’s time down on Greendale?

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 5:09:00 PM(UTC)
On topic, I’m a reasonably quick driver but don’t do any of my own tuning, so spend quite a bit of time downloading tunes. Haven’t checked back through the thread so some of these have probably already been mentioned - the first three are obviously very well known:

Grandma Driving
aTTaX Johnson
OnlyNaps
Rayne SE
ANG3LR1PP3R
Rocklxd
No3InGame
TDU1PlatinumMod
GreetedDust8
The GodRati0n
Muka Romero

Grandma Driving may now be under the gamer tag IsuckAtDrivinYT - if anyone can confirm?

I would also recommend Sprungboss but sadly his tunes are no longer available.
Rank: Driver's License
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:47:52 AM(UTC)
Some excellent points by Jezza; I agree the Pista is a terrible car for online as it's painfully slow, yet I can make the unbeatable AI DNF in a 10 lap circuit race. A better Pista is the 488 GTB.

As for Greendale club circuit, I'm very happy with my time which is good for the Elise, Sprungboss's time in the Renault FE is average as can be seen from the leaderboard.

As I stated previously any track, any car or if Sprungboss can keep up, he can race me when I'm next on Forza.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beard2Titan78 Go to Quoted Post
Some excellent points by Jezza; I agree the Pista is a terrible car for online as it's painfully slow, yet I can make the unbeatable AI DNF in a 10 lap circuit race. A better Pista is the 488 GTB.

As for Greendale club circuit, I'm very happy with my time which is good for the Elise, Sprungboss's time in the Renault FE is average as can be seen from the leaderboard.

As I stated previously any track, any car or if Sprungboss can keep up, he can race me when I'm next on Forza.


You are funny guy, you say you will beat my time when you have spare 5 minutes and yet week later that havent happend yet. I havent state never that i would be best driver in the game because im not even here forums have many guys that are faster than me. Over 3000 entry in that leaderboard and top50 is avarage ok then. I wonder how avarage your elise time is after you watch this picture https://gamerdvr.com/gam...oss/screenshot/14556107

And i did that my spare 10 minutes and as i say earlier i havent play at all over the month so im way off pace that i can do. But we are so far offtopic that im not gonna say nothing anymore because arguing who is faster is not really point of this topic.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#46 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:36:38 AM(UTC)
I am great at tuning I just struggle with getting my name out there. I have a amazing supra drag tune up right now y'all should check it out.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#47 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
Also I don't make tunes for cars that I know are fast all of the time, I mainly make them for the cars people don't think can beat them.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:03:06 AM(UTC)
I have a few shared tunes, I typically name them by Class and Race Type. Some have got me within the Top 3% on the Leaderboards for PRs and Rivals. (With Automatic Gears).

I tune for both online and offline racing, however find the majority of players downloading them are for Weekly offline championships. (Based on download figures).

Due to Arthritis in my hands, and back issues, I typically drive Automatic based, but do test these tunes with Manual gearing and they are just as good if not better. My theory though is there is no harm in testing others tunes, if they work for you great, if not try another.
Rank: Driver's License
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:06:51 AM(UTC)
I'm going to add myself to the list of places you might like to look for tunes, there's not that many but most have had quite a bit of time spent on them. I'm up into the top 10% or better on the few tracks I've done rivals on
I tend to try and replicate real world feel so muscle cars slide a bit and make you smile that kind of thing, not really into AWD swaps so most of my stuff will be RWD or FWD if it started life that way.
I use a wheel if that makes a difference to the feel for controller users.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error