45 Pages<<2223242526>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#576 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:17:05 PM(UTC)
Tinkered with the setup for a bit and just couldn't settle on a direction to take it. Finally decided to raise the overall springs a bit and that seemed to do the trick. Still working on getting some modicum of stability on exit, but I think the lion's share of the tuning is done. Should have a goodly amount of time this weekend, so hopefully I can hit the track pretty hard and actually put up a decent time.

Current best: 1:51.620

Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Come on Mr. P, you gotta give it to the Impala as the BEST looking car in the pack!

Negative, Ghostrider. The Impala exists in an indecisive middle ground between the chrome-and-fins whimsy of the '50s and the cleaner, more purposeful look of the '70s. It's not an ugly car (reference: Edsel), but it's not my favorite. If I had to pick one from the division I'd go with the Nova, but even that's not an amazing design by any stretch.
 1 user liked this post.
#577 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:51:21 PM(UTC)
Sit rep... now down to mid 55s.... NEVER TELL US THE ODDS! 😎
#578 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:45:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Negative, Ghostrider.
The Impala exists in an indecisive middle ground between the chrome-and-fins whimsy of the '50s and the cleaner, more purposeful look of the '70s.

......😂

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#579 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 9:57:43 AM(UTC)
High 54s and over 90 million CRs earned = PRICELESS 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#580 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 11:29:15 AM(UTC)
Hey there strangers! I wanted to give you guys that I haven't talked to in a while a shout. Stay safe and healthy! You guys are the best Forza folk out there! I'm home for the time being, had thought about an old school tuning comp on horizon if you track folk are looking for something different.

Either way, much love. Stay safe!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#581 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 8:17:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Hey there strangers! I wanted to give you guys that I haven't talked to in a while a shout. Stay safe and healthy! You guys are the best Forza folk out there! I'm home for the time being, had thought about an old school tuning comp on horizon if you track folk are looking for something different.

Either way, much love. Stay safe!

.....👍 Thank you Sir Zepp! You too, take care!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#582 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:43:27 AM(UTC)
Made a few adjustments to the setup. Car's a bit more planted on exit now and looks less like the rear suspension was sourced from a monster truck. Still not sold on the differential settings (they're way higher than I usually end up with), but haven't had a chance to review the telemetry from my latest run yet. I can definitely see mid-1:50s, but don't know if I'll have time to get there.

Current best: 1:51.135

== Edit to add:

Setup uploaded as HLC22 Bgtti v1.3.

Nevermind the filth. Apparently my digital counterpart is less concerned about automotive hygiene than I would be.

Edited by user Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:21:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#583 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:52:28 AM(UTC)
1:53:581! Dodge Dart 68 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#584 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:10:51 AM(UTC)
Took 53 laps and a couple of miscues (😮) but I knocked my time down by another .450 to to 1:53:090 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#585 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:51:53 PM(UTC)
Final time for this week is 1:51.665
 1 user liked this post.
#586 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:04:31 PM(UTC)
Thirteen.

Freakin'.

Thousandths.

Current best: 1:51.013 (set in v1.4)

Been tinkering with the car a bit here and there, but nothing major. Softened the dampers a bit to get a bit more weight transfer onto the rear tires, added a bit more toe in on the rear, etc. Tried improving the gearing, but ended up putting it pretty much right back where it was. After I set the above time and reviewed the telemetry, I raised the Accel up to 90. Was still spinning the inside rear on the slower corner exits. Don't think I've ever had it set that high on anything, but it seems to be working for this event. Setup is uploaded as v1.5.

I have the rest of the week off work, so I should get some time tomorrow morning to give v1.5 a good run. Hopefully I can break into the 1:50s.
#587 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:12:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Took 53 laps and a couple of miscues (😮) but I knocked my time down by another .450 to to 1:53:090 😎

Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Final time for this week is 1:51.665

......👍 GREAT runs!

DJ Saoco
#588 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:13:29 PM(UTC)

Hopefully I can break into the 1:50s.

Stay on it....you'll get it! Good Luck!

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#589 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:09:08 AM(UTC)
Added just a smidge of toe out on the front to v1.5 and re-uploaded it. The 90 Accel was making the car a bit binary coming out of the slower corners and I thought dampening the turn-in just a bit would help make it easier to toe (pun intended) the line between under- and oversteer without crossing over it. Seems to work. There's still that threshold that, if you cross it, the car goes all kinds of sideways and it's countersteer city all the way to the next corner, but if you ride that edge it's pretty neutral and precise (for a giant American land barge from the '60s).

Took a bit to stop bobbling corners, overstepping exits, and getting bounced off track by the curbing (those things are mean), but I finally managed what I feel is a good, clean lap. I'd probably be good for another half second or so, but I'm OK calling it where I am.

Final time: 1:50.735

Now off to rake the yard while I still have time. Was supposed to be off work until April 13th (COVID quarantine), but apparently my job has been deemed "essential" and I'm probably back on starting Monday. Dammit. Got a ton of house/yardwork I was hoping to press gang my family into doing while we weren't allowed to do anything else, but I guess it'll have to wait.

==

Edit to add:

I really think the 3-tier system works better than the 4-tier, at least for me. I don't feel like I'm getting roflstomped on Tier 2, but I don't feel like a ringer on Tier 3, either. Seems like a really good balance.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:11:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#590 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:21:02 AM(UTC)
Stamina tanked after another marathon......

Official time.... Bugatti...... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Dodge Dart 🎯 68..... 1:53:090 😎
#591 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:59:27 AM(UTC)

Final time: 1:50.735

.....👍....I knew you hit the 50 ✅

I really think the 3-tier system works better than the 4-tier, at least for me. I don't feel like I'm getting roflstomped on Tier 2, but I don't feel like a ringer on Tier 3, either. Seems like a really good balance.

Glad its working out for you! Hopefully for rest as well. 🤞🤔

Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Stamina tanked after another marathon......
Official time.... Bugatti...... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Dodge Dart 🎯 68..... 1:53:090 😎

..........👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#592 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:32:44 PM(UTC)
I decided to give it one more shot this morning. Thanks to hansonalanrob for providing the rabbit !! After finishing within inches of his front bumper several times I managed to get past by a whopping .15 secs. Not sure if I made the time cutoff but it was a fun chase. While I was chasing I was also reminded of that old saying about old dogs learning new tricks. I found a corollary - Old dogs can learn new tricks - they just have to learn them over and over again. Every time I drive these V-8 monsters I have to keep reminding myself to shift early and use the torque !!
 2 users liked this post.
#593 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:06:03 PM(UTC)
End of another fun week. This game is helping us maintain our sanity as we move through the 2nd week of self isolation. Stay healthy everyone!

The cars were fun to drive, and surprisingly competitive. The Dart, Nova, Coronet, and Impala were all used, but the Dart and Nova were the pick of the bunch.

Rich put his Dart to WW #3, and Bubba made it to #8, with PRKid, and minsons not far behind. Count Russcular took 1st place in tier 2 from MrPinstripes, who continued his move up the leaderboard. stratocat65 came with a late run to win tier 3 from hansonalanrob. Rob had been coaxed into using manual shifting, and had shaved almost 3 seconds off his time set using auto. The funniest thing was that he didn't shift a gear for the whole lap, LOL. Well done Rob, better luck next time!

26 drivers this week, welcome back BruhMe, Coopracing, SnowmansDad1, and Superlocrio, and congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: WIL Rich 92 wins a paint for his 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock.

Tier 2: Count Russcular wins a paint for his 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock.

Tier 3: stratocat65 wins a paint for his 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock.

Tuners Prize: minsons wins a paint for his 1967 Dodge Coronet WO23 that xxJ0n4Th0Nxx ran.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are returning to Florida to drive some supercars. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 23
R Class (R900 Max)
Sebring Full Day
Restricted to any car in the Supercar Renaissance Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 1st April.
NB: Clocks move forward 1 hour over the weekend in the UK.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Supercar Renaissance Cars

2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2005 Ford GT
2004 Maserati MC12
2004 Saleen S7
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
2002 Ferrari Enzo

The Saleen was the winner last time out at Bathurst in S800 trim.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:07:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#594 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:06:43 PM(UTC)

Here are the Tiers for Event 23. Good Luck everyone!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:04:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#595 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:54:37 PM(UTC)
Would it be possible to make a generic HLR/HLC number card available to the public? I've tried several times to make one of my own for these events, but they always look terrible. Would be kinda neat having an official-looking number on the side of my cars for these events.
 1 user liked this post.
#596 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:55:42 PM(UTC)
Wooops forgot i'd actually even set a time last week, a very bad one at that, guess with everyone being housebound in the UK i'll attempt it this week.
Twitter @J_Parrott92
Twitch JParrott46
 1 user liked this post.
#597 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:08:00 PM(UTC)
First test:

Ford GT : 1.56.5
Saleen S7 : 1.53.7
Carrera GT : 1.54.4 (RS Raptors' tune)
Ferrari Enzo : 1.55.0

i think Rich can reach 1.52.xx with the Saleen S7

Enzo and Saleen tunes shared ;)

2 users liked this post.
#598 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:16:17 PM(UTC)
Would it be possible to make a generic HLR/HLC number card available to the public? I've tried several times to make one of my own for these events, but they always look terrible. Would be kinda neat having an official-looking number on the side of my cars for these events.

No problem MrP. I just shared a blank plate similar to the one normally used.
 1 user liked this post.
#599 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xAlea Jacta Est Go to Quoted Post
First test:

Maserati MC12: 1.55.8

tune shared
#600 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:47:35 PM(UTC)
First test:

Maserati MC12: 1.55.8

tune shared

Welcome back xAlea, certainly missed you at the last 3 events. Geeee, some great times.......I have yet to even look at one of these cars....😂.......which will it be.....🤔

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:50:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
45 Pages<<2223242526>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error