This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 7:34:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I also think you should include classes in your voting options. Voting for an S2 French Cup is very different to voting for a B class French Cup for example.

I understand that. The idea behind voting for car group first was that I didn't want to write down all of options in one poll - too many options to vote for 5 people.
The second poll would be:
For Miata --> a) B700 RWD b) A800 RWD c) A800 RWD racng tires d) A800
For French --> a) B700 b) A800 c) A800 racing tires
For 4-door --> a) B700 b) A800 c) S1900
or something like that ;)

turtleCZ - We can try stock cars at some time. Everyone in the same car? Everyone in cars with same power/weight ratio?

Edited by user Monday, March 16, 2020 7:37:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 7:43:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

The trial actually becomes a lot harder when the whole team is relatively competent (not to win overall but to individually do well). Race 1 - you got “force field” pushed past a checkpoint when overtaking an AI in front of me. I then missed one myself by trying to give Turtle as much space as possible when racing side by side. Race 2 - I was getting some slowdown/speed up issues when we were racing next to each other which stopped when you dropped out. Race 3 - I missed a checkpoint because I was (a) laughing at Turtle’s flying Fiesta and (b) tried not to hit the back of Ziperr when he slowed down more than I would have done for a hairpin.

All good fun!

Yeah, sorry for not so clean racing racing but I have two problems. My car wasn't perfect and dirt is not my discipline and the second one is I use 1st person camera (not cockpit) and still don't know how to avoid every collision without mirrors (hope for mirrors in next Forza). I use back viewing sometimes and minimap for sure. For normal road racing I use clean racing lines so it's usually OK.

Never been rear view mirrors in hood/bumper in any Horizon. You and I are the only ones asking for one. I've begged them to zero response. The mirror in cockpit isn't really good either, depends on the car. Sometimes its like half a mirror. I would do this too but that is going to cause me problems. It's hard to know if someone is close enough to pass, you start looking around and you either miss a checkpoint or hit some stupid obstacle. Would love to do some A or lower ghost if anyone is interested. Can only find S1 and S2. Always 1 person in A class.

Edited by user Monday, March 16, 2020 7:53:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 2:53:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
I also think you should include classes in your voting options. Voting for an S2 French Cup is very different to voting for a B class French Cup for example.

I understand that. The idea behind voting for car group first was that I didn't want to write down all of options in one poll - too many options to vote for 5 people.
The second poll would be:
For Miata --> a) B700 RWD b) A800 RWD c) A800 RWD racng tires d) A800
or something like that ;)

turtleCZ - We can try stock cars at some time. Everyone in the same car? Everyone in cars with same power/weight ratio?

Yes, the same cars but very special ones. Not common Lambo :D P3 is great, Auto union, the new car added.
#29 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 2:57:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Never been rear view mirrors in hood/bumper in any Horizon. You and I are the only ones asking for one. I've begged them to zero response. The mirror in cockpit isn't really good either, depends on the car. Sometimes its like half a mirror. I would do this too but that is going to cause me problems. It's hard to know if someone is close enough to pass, you start looking around and you either miss a checkpoint or hit some stupid obstacle. Would love to do some A or lower ghost if anyone is interested. Can only find S1 and S2. Always 1 person in A class.

It's because of performance I guess. Sure, mirrors are necessary and like you write some cars are without them even in a cockpit view.

Exactly, it's not time to check everything around so I use minimap but it's not precise :D

I am open to everything so I can try A class ghost too.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:28:50 AM(UTC)
At this moement there are only 2 votes, so I will leave first poll open till tomorrow --> VOTE HERE
After we get car group, there will be second poll with potential classes:
For Miata --> a) A800 RWD b) A800 RWD racing tires c) A800

Haven't found any info about how to run solo custom adventure. I guess we can just join in convoy and start every race separately.

Sunday 18:00 GMT+0 is fine with everyone?

#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 11:29:10 PM(UTC)
Sadly, there was no more votes :(
So with 2 votes we will go with French theme.
Here is second poll. Choose class:
1. B700
2. A800
3. A800 racing tires*

VOTE HERE

*- for those who don't make their own tunes - just look for most grippy tune in creative hub, but don't worry there will be no technical inspections to check if You are using racing tires ;)
#32 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:14:33 AM(UTC)
Forum is a bit dead :D

I am still open and Sunday sounds good but what should I do until then?
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:53:23 AM(UTC)
You can join us in Rivals or spend some time with family. Maybe learn how to bake delicious cakes :P
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:34:02 AM(UTC)
LOL, I need to work but I am not in the mood right now.

Rivals are OK but too stressful :D It's too hard (depends on rivals for sure) I need something more relaxed.

No family here, that's the reason I play probably.

I don't want to learn anything right now rather spend some time until everything about virus will be OK. It will have big impact on many things.
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:38:26 AM(UTC)
Nobody plays?

And I miss V12 SprungBoss :(

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:41:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 12:13:43 AM(UTC)
At this moment we have 4 votes. Unfotunately 2 for B700 and 2 for A800.
I will leave poll till tomorrow, maybe one more person will vote.
Later today I will write down tracks that we will use.
#37 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 3:57:24 AM(UTC)
The voting is too slow :D I voted for B but don't mind. A is "worse" B but very similar.
#38 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 8:28:50 AM(UTC)
So let's sum it up.

Cars: French, B700
Tracks (5laps):
1. Broadway Village
2. Astmoor Heritage
3. Lakehurst Copse
4. Edinburgh Station
Date&time: Sunday (20.03), 18:00 GMT+0

If You want to join - write it below.

EDIT: Just checked something. There is 5 or 6 cars that are starting at 701-705 PI e.g. Clio FE, 205 FE, Megane R26.R. Can we use them stock? ---> VOTE HERE

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2020 8:44:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:10:08 AM(UTC)
Anyone?
#40 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:50:43 AM(UTC)
I can’t do 6pm tomorrow Zip but could do a couple of hours later?
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:59:51 AM(UTC)
I am open to any suggestion
#42 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:21:39 AM(UTC)
It's dead here :D I won't be probably around my console too in that time. It's hard to plan with all current restrictions.
#43 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:47:27 AM(UTC)
I think we can cancel this event.
If anyone wants to play some unranked or do some private races just join me in convoy or send me message.
I will be playing today afternoon-evening european time ;)
Probably everyday of week too, until it will be safe.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error