45 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#551 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 12:47:34 PM(UTC)
After ‘pulling out all the stops’.... and realizing my mojo was working well today.... on lap 25 I converted......

Official time.... Nurburgring GP (nite).... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Alpha Romeo 33S.... 2:12:073. 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#552 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 12:20:36 PM(UTC)
02:06.672 33Stradale.👍👍
 2 users liked this post.
#553 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:08:43 PM(UTC)
Good to see more than one car at the top of our leaderboard this week. The Shelby Cobra, and Alfa 33 were very evenly matched. The thinly populated 'night' variant made it much easier to rank higher, and at the end we filled 6 of the top 10, and half of the top 20 positions.

Rich took the win once again, this time driving a Shelby, with PRKid and Bubba filling the podium driving Alfas. Count Russcular edged out StreetTalon4g63 to win tier 2, whilst UnearthlyDNA ran away with tier 3 by some margin.

Welcome back j0hn lee, and congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: THR Rich wins a paint for his 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C.

Tier 2: Count Russcular wins a paint for his 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Tier 3: UnearthlyDNA wins a paint for his 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Tuners Prize: fifty inch wins a paint for his 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C that Rich ran to #3 on the overall leaderboard.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Miami to drive some sport GT cars. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 21
S Class (S800 Max)
Homestead Road Day
Restricted to any car in the Sport GT Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 18th March.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport GT Cars

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Pace Car
2017 Acura NSX
2017 Acura NSX FE
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R
2017 Nissan GT-R
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2015 BMW i8
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 FE
2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
2015 McLaren 570S Coupe
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
2013 SRT Viper GTS (Dodge Viper)
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition FE
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
2011 McLaren 12C
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2010 Noble M600
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR FE
2008 Aston Martin DBS
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

There have been quite a few new cars since the last time we ran this division, homologated at VIR. Almost too much choice at 36 cars, but we expect a fair number of them to be competitive.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:10:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#554 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:09:26 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 21. Best of Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:15:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#555 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:19:59 PM(UTC)
Daylight saving time has me all messed up. I was checking in like a hour ago, and thinking I was losing my mind. Last week I thought Tuesday was Wednesday, so it was a distinct possibility.
 1 user liked this post.
#556 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:30:18 PM(UTC)
So many great cars here and any one of them can be a contender. But I’m partial to the Vanquish..... 😗
 1 user liked this post.
#557 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:18:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
So many great cars here and any one of them can be a contender. But I’m partial to the Vanquish..... 😗

Might be a week to have Best of British, I think there's 8 between AM, McLaren and Noble, but then I'm a big fan of the Ferrari 430
 1 user liked this post.
#558 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:07:42 AM(UTC)
Straight from pitch black to a sun drenched track..... what do we have in common these 2 weeks! LIMITED VISIBILITY!! 😆

1:29:673. AM Vanquish... stay tuned... 😎
#559 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:21:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TJToliver Go to Quoted Post
Daylight saving time has me all messed up. I was checking in like a hour ago, and thinking I was losing my mind. Last week I thought Tuesday was Wednesday, so it was a distinct possibility.

Welcome to the "Old Man's Club"........😂😂...👴🏻...

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#560 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 1:17:51 PM(UTC)
I've tried really, really hard to find fault with the '16 Viper (I don't like Dodge, I don't like 'MURICA!, I don't like GT cars, and I don't like machismo), but just can't. It's a great, well-balanced car that does exactly what it's built to do with no muss and no fuss. Have a roughed-in setup put together for it that should be fairly competitive. I also intend to give the '19 GT3 a shakedown, as it makes me feel a lot less dirty and hypocritical to drive. Not sure I'll be able to find either the time or the gumption, though; have a lot of stuff to do this weekend and Homestead is the racing equivalent of watered-down apathy. May as well be a NASCAR track for how enjoyable it is.

Oh, wait...

Originally Posted by: TJToliver Go to Quoted Post

Heh. I didn't even notice until I saw my car's clock was an hour off the next morning on the way to work. The change usually trips me up, but apparently being in a constant state of mild sleep deprivation mitigates it somewhat.

Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Welcome to the "Old Man's Club"...

Yep. Pretty much.
 1 user liked this post.
#561 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 1:23:08 PM(UTC)
Seem to have found my ride... Viper 13.... and with 3 PBs today..... 👍

Currently 1:26:829. 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#562 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 5:34:14 AM(UTC)
Gave the Porsche an honest shot. It's more enjoyable to drive than the Viper, but not by a huge amount. Both cars are well past the performance level where I actually enjoy the car for its own sake, so the choice came down strictly to which one performed better. Viper wins that one by a significant margin, so Viper it is.

Build's more mainstream than my usual; factory aero and stupid-huge wheels make a lot of my compunctions against marring the aesthetics of the car a moot point, and the motor's got enough grunt that the stock transmission works well enough as a 3 speed (2-4). Beyond that it's race rubber and as much added lightness as I could muster. I did notice (while typing this) that I haven't finished balancing the ancillaries, so the next iteration will have slightly different bits than the current one. Shouldn't make any measurable difference, though. Setup uploaded as HLC21 Hmstd v1.0.

Current best: 1:24.794

I should be able to get to mid-high 1:23s with it, and I'd wager someone faster than me could do a lot better than that. I'm really bad at Homestead.
#563 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 4:21:39 PM(UTC)
‘Let The Wookiee Win’ Viper.... 1:25:3xx has 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#564 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 5:39:56 AM(UTC)
Made some very slight adjustments to the setup this morning and hit the track. Car's about as well-sorted as its going to get, and I'm getting better enough at Homestead that I could (in theory) read Rich's license plate through most of the track (if he had one on his car). I'm never going to be a Tier 1 leader, but I think with another week of practice I could at least hang with them on this event. Edit to add: Setup is HLC21 Hmstd v1.1.

Current best (and probably final): 1:23.762

Had a 1:23.1xx that was just barely dirtied on the left-hander coming off the back straight, and I'm pretty sure if I had another hour to run I could hit high 1:22s. Guessing someone faster could put the car in the 1:20 range.

Edited by user Sunday, March 15, 2020 5:40:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#565 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:33:31 PM(UTC)
Finally found the "SRT" Viper and some POWER! I have no idea how everyone is running so fast with so much grip, I needed the tune titled "over powered" ;-).

1:22.7xx
Crash

Edited by user Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:36:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#566 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 6:49:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

Finally found the "SRT" Viper and some POWER!
1:22.7xx
Crash

Nice run crash!

I have no idea how everyone is running so fast with so much grip, I needed the tune titled "over powered" ;-).

The power builds have certainly come in handy at this track, yet, the grip ones have done very well thru the chicanes. A couple of days back I couldn't decide which to go after. They are indeed a very "close call" at this particular track. Seems either should work!

PRKId

DJ Saoco
#567 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:23:32 PM(UTC)
I’ve been chasing my ghost and cannot seem to improve.....

Official time... Homestead Road.... 13 Viper.... 1:25:382. 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#568 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:03:15 PM(UTC)
The world has gone mad! If, like us, you are limiting social contact to avoid the virus, thank goodness for ESports. At least we can carry on regardless.

The cars this week are probably better balanced than our leaderboard portrays. The 2013 SRT Viper proved most successful, with a wide variety of build options, but minsons showed that the '08 Aston Martin could compete.

The podium turned out identical to last week's wth Rich on top, followed by PRKid and Bubba. xxJ0n4Th0Nxx reclaimed a Tier 1 place, and MrPinstripes ran away with tier 3 using his own '16 Viper setup. Nicely done MrP!

25 drivers this week, welcome back EZT TomCat7, and congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: THR Rich wins a paint for his 2013 SRT Viper GTS.

Tier 2: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx wins a paint for his 2013 SRT Viper GTS.

Tier 3: MrPinstripes wins a paint for his 2016 Dodge Viper ACR.

Tuners Prize: fifty inch wins a paint for his 2016 Dodge Viper ACS that EZT TomCat7 ran.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to France to drive some nostalgic drag racers. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 22
B Class (B600 Max)
Le Mans Bugatti Day
Restricted to any car in the Nostalgic Drag Racers Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 25th March.

Apologies to drivers that have already set times at the track. We hope that you can improve your times using a car from this division. gtFOOTw is well used to it :D

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Nostalgic Drag Racers

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock FE
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1965 Pontiac GTO
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 FE
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

We haven't run these cars for quite a while. Last outing was at Yas Marina with a C500 limit..
 1 user liked this post.
#569 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:04:34 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 22. Best of Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:22:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#570 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:58:37 PM(UTC)
Picked out the Falcon out of stables, threw a quick build and tune on, and headed out. Handled like a bus but I managed to wrestle it around for a 2:02:243 BM. Just sayin’. 😗
 2 users liked this post.
#571 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:49:30 PM(UTC)
Going to be in the Nova again for this one. Gave the Chevelle a shot and it handled like a pregnant yak even with every available un-yaking upgrade. Even that unabashedly ridiculawesome purple couldn't save it at that point. Dart and the Fairlane are out because of the stupid ram air hoods blocking my vision and the unfashionable lack of color options. Everything else kind of looks like a pile of warmed-over mediocrity (OK, the GTO doesn't look bad, per se, but for one reason or another I like it less than the others), so I didn't even give them a chance.

Tried a square Race compound variant (on period-correct 195 pizza cutters) and an as-square-as-possible 255/275 setup on Street tires and opted for the latter. It has some handling quirks I'm not a fan of, but it was measurably faster than the square setup, probably because the tires exist in three dimensions rather than just two. Also tried a back-to-back comparison between otherwise identical cars with and without chassis reinforcement. Definitely want the reinforcement on this one. Lets you get on the throttle and brake a lot more aggressively, and settles the car down in the corners. Win/win/win. Build's my standard fare; all the tuneybits, faux 4-speed transmission, Cragar Smoothies, no aero, etc. It does have the LS3 swap, but it doesn't make me feel near as dirty putting it in a Chevy. Setup is still in the early stages but should be in a reasonably driveable condition, should anyone want to give it a go. Uploaded as HLC22 Bgtti v1.1.

Current best: 1:52.296

Got a barely dirty 1:51.1xx, so I should be able to hit high 1:50s by the end of the week.
 1 user liked this post.
#572 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:18:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Everything else kind of looks like a pile of warmed-over mediocrity (OK, the GTO doesn't look bad, per se, but for one reason or another I like it less than the others), so I didn't even give them a chance.

Come on Mr. P, you gotta give it to the Impala as the BEST looking car in the pack! 🏅🏆...🚙

That's my 1st ride! And, just saw crash running it as well. We both can't be WRONG....😂

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:20:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#573 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:23:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Come on Mr. P, you gotta give it to the Impala as the BEST looking car in the pack! 🏅🏆...🚙

That's my 1st ride! And, just saw crash running it as well. We both can't be WRONG....😂

PRKid

3,500 miles and 134 wins in C class with the stock 409 and no aero. I did make an aero LS3 version that did manage to shave 0.05 sec. I like the no aero one better but I don't think I'm going to make the "tune" any better.

1:50.7xx in both shared tunes.

Crash

P.S. I have the best looking one!
#574 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:55:07 PM(UTC)
P.S. I have the best looking one!

....😂...will have to check out your paint job! We'll need a tie-breaker.

PRKid
p.s. Just reviewed your lap & paint job....very COOL! Especially the "crash tuned" logo, along with the crash dummy driver gear....nice touch!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:59:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#575 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:03:19 AM(UTC)
My gut is telling me I could stay with the Falcon with the 6.2 V8 upgrade here so I’m doing so. Reworked tune for chassis reinforcement and (hopefully) better handling and manners.
While I would VERY much preferred to be piloting my Honda S2000 or Fiat 124 Abarth..... (sigh).... I adapt and improvise using the tools I’m given. Lol.... AND that is what makes it a challenge! Got a 1:55:890 dirty so know it has potential for me...

“The Nerf Herders” Falcon.... currently standing at 1:56:673 😎
45 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error