This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 4:39:43 AM(UTC)
Dear Playground Games:

In the gearing tuning screen, the help text mentions the ratio of the teeth ring and pinion gears and how t0 adjust final drive to achieve a balance between speed and acceleration. Pretty technical stuff.

At the same time however, if the vehicle has stock wheels and rims equipped there is no way to know the wheel dimensions, and hence any calculations based on wheel circumference are useless as it is not known. This is, in theory, what you need to put the above text into practice: if you know the rpm of the engine, and you set the gear ratios, you know the rpm the engine is driving the wheels. at. If you know the circumference of the wheels, its. simple matter to work out the vehicle speed at that engine rpm.

Likewise, when given the choice of many front and rear wing designs, the kgf / lbf of the wing is not mentioned anywhere in the parts visible attributes, and can only be accessed / inferred by tuning.

Many high performance cars definitely do NOT have stock parts installed :- the relevant tuning screens are unlocked indicating that at least Race level parts are equipped as base - but the game might label it as "Stock" - or not even list it at all if there is no 2nd option.

What's up with the Porsche 959, why does the stock tire have better braking distances than the sport or street tires?

What **** of Cthulu do you pull the available spring constants for cars out of? Its nice having a slider - in the real world we don't have sliders. Conversely, if I wander into a motor sport shop looking for springs, I can get 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500 lbf/in etc. Mostly regardless of car brand assuming I have a team of Hoonigan level engineers willing to do their thing.

I see a Forza Support article helpfully linked the first reply claims that "Horizon" race tires are a cosmetic upgrade on regular race tires. What then do we make of vehicles like the VW Type 2 FE where the "Horizon" tires are clearly different to the regular race tires?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:31:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:09:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreenZombie76 Go to Quoted Post
Dear Playground Games:

In the Gearbox tuning, the help text mentions the ratio of the teeth of the inner and outer rings and how this affects the relationship to vehicle speed.

At the same time, if the vehicle has stock rims equipped there is no way to know the wheel dimensions, and hence any calculations based on wheel circumference are useless as it is not known.

Likewise, when given the choice of many front and rear wing designs, the kgf / lbf of the wing is not mentioned anywhere in the parts visible attributes, and can only be accessed / inferred by tuning.

Many high performance cars definitely do NOT have stock parts installed :- the relevant tuning screens are unlocked indicating that at least Race level parts are equipped as base - but the game might label it as "Stock" - or not even list it at all if there is no 2nd option.

What's up with the Porsche 959, why does the stock tire have better braking distances than the sport or street tires?

What **** of Cthulu do you pull the available spring constants for cars out of? Its nice having a slider - in the real world we don't have sliders. Conversely, if I wander into a motor sport shop looking for springs, I can get 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500 lbf/in etc. Mostly regardless of car brand assuming I have a team of Hoonigan level engineers willing to do their thing.

Total tire diameter is determined by the tires not the rims in Forza:
https://forza.fandom.com.../Upgrades/Tires_and_Rims

Notification

Icon
Error