4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:12:28 AM(UTC)
Pretty much complete the trial 1st time each week and sometimes do it a few times just for fun. No exceptions this week either 1st try and actually had another 3 very good players, apart from the 1st corner on the last race where everyone seem to bunch up everything was civil. Last race the 4 of us all finished within 1 or 2 seconds of each other so close race but fair.

PGG was more annoying think I got it completed 3rd try. Majority of people even players with 1 or 2 stars were still using the stock Ford Mustang.
#27 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:25:05 AM(UTC)
Not much to it this week, again used random cars from my garage for championships and new Lambo performante for trial.
Cars used were Ariel Nomad, Ford F-150'17 and GT-R PO. Stunts done with Agera RS and drift Viper
Forzathon done with normal Chirion, and did tune it to hit that 420 kph, also made custom race at Lake district sprint.
Trial was nice (0 : 3), except me driving badly 1st and 2x 2nd (should at least test dive a car and a bit for never using racing line) and one "special" person trying to ram everyone out, spamming random phrases and ofc being last.
In last race there was a moment where I came behind them and someone in GT-R PO. This "special" person in AM tried to push PO out of checkpoint, luckily PO makes it, but they both start to slide to opposite wall. I came from behind with some speed, when they slid across in front of me, did hit the brakes, but still hit PO in the back, sending them past AM, and hitting AM on my side, sending them to the wall.
Pass done, everyone happy, well nope "special" person starts spamming Nice driving like crazy ... all I have to say to that is - karma is a b...

I also used to do trial a few times a week, but more or less every race was downhill and more and more "special" persons were in a race, so yeah now I just do it until I complete the trial.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:35:13 AM(UTC)
Did trial 4 times at this moment. Maybe will do some more, because S1 + these tracks is pretty good combination.
My history at this moment:
1. Stock Hoonigan Focus (for some reason game didn't notice that I chose other car). Great acceleration, good handling, no top speed. Rating of car: 7/10. Sidenote: switch to 2nd gear as soon as you start moving. Finished 4th/3rd/1st - was lacking top speed in first two races. Had decent teammates in this one. It was fun trial.
2. Bentley Conti FE. Race weight reduction + GT3 body parts + other parts to make it S1. Good car in every aspect. Finished 1st every race. Rating: 10/10.
3. Audi RS4 wagon (newest one). Too much undetsteer for my liking, but still pretty good car. Rating: 6/10. Finished 1st in first race, then rage quitted in second - stupid yellow GT40 teammate. Would like to forget about this one as quick as i can.
4. Nissan GTR PO. The same problem as with audi, but better acceleraion and top speed. Finished: can't remember, but possible won all of them. Car rating: 8/10
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:26:46 AM(UTC)
Ive generally found trial teams have improved recently. Maybe it’s the times I tend to drive but I can only recall a couple of trials in the last few months where I’ve seen someone deliberately disruptive. Ok, you get the odd individual who doesn’t understand that braking for the first corner helps but that’s not usually too hard to deal with.
#30 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:49:52 AM(UTC)
I've driven the Chiron before, (we all have, it's in the intro), but I don't drive it very often. This is probably my first time having it out for any serious driving. Lots of under-steer. Not a lot of grip. Maybe that can tune out, but I was kindof in a rush.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to import any of my Forza 7 tunes. I think it's because the engine options are restrictor plates, which completely don't exist at all in Horizon.

Does the Halo showcase even have a failure state? Because I've done it maybe a dozen or so times, and never failed at it. Even last night, when I was driving like a noob for the first half, and my wife was distracting me. It seems to be just a matter of finishing.
#31 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:22:41 AM(UTC)
Did Trial with stock Lamborghini Huracan Performante that was one of S18 rewards. Had a good team with blue taking all podium places in the first race, me being third, one of Blue taking first position in second race while I finished second (not sure if we took all podium positions on second race too) and we had already won Trial. But what happened in last race was still annoying. We had once more one of our fastest players in first position, me taking second position from Drivatar during last lap. I had pretty decent lead to that Drivatar according to mini map when I cleared last corner and accelerated flat out to finish, and then that Drivatar just skipped ahead.

And there wasn't anysort of visual of that actual Drivatar car on road ahead. When I finished screen just said I finished 3rd behind that Drivatar I passed about half lap ago!

I remember something similar happened in Trial months ago with racing trucks and Unimogs. In one race one Drivatar suddenly skipped about one quarter of lap behind me, one quarter of lap ahead of me but IIRC even I didn't managed to pass it again, at least I got a visual that it really was there.

While these occurances didn't change the outcome of winning Trial, it's still annoying.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:35:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I've driven the Chiron before, (we all have, it's in the intro), but I don't drive it very often. This is probably my first time having it out for any serious driving. Lots of under-steer. Not a lot of grip. Maybe that can tune out, but I was kindof in a rush.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to import any of my Forza 7 tunes. I think it's because the engine options are restrictor plates, which completely don't exist at all in Horizon.

Does the Halo showcase even have a failure state? Because I've done it maybe a dozen or so times, and never failed at it. Even last night, when I was driving like a noob for the first half, and my wife was distracting me. It seems to be just a matter of finishing.

Chiron is really heavy and I had hard time with it on wet races, did Holyrood Park Circuit with it in default setup for season vs unbeatable and I had to retry quite a few times. I often tend to try different things so I went to Copse and after few retries bluprinted it to dry, same with Astmoor Heritage Circuit and I don't recall what I did last.

I recommend circuit racing for Chiron and Veyron and in dry conditions. They are terribly heavy which influences handling a lot despite them being AWD. They get far more manageable once tyre heats up but on sprint races and wet tyres doesn't heat up enough to compensate disadvantages of car.

I don't think Halo Showcase has a failure option. I really like it despite that, sort of tongue in cheek product placement that PG got right IMO.
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:42:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dogwitch Go to Quoted Post
what tune is grip and speed for 3 star thing.
After trying several different tunes for the standard car, I used the Lego car with a tune called EZ Forzathon (sp) by ea84. I got it going uphill (Southern end) and just glancing the bridge. I needed to be going at least 165 mph when I hit the start of the zone. I started way back to get the speed. I got it after 3 attempts using this setup.

The 3 star speed zone event was the toughest weekly event yet for me. I kept coming close, but not getting the 135 average. (The other events were quite easy)

Good luck

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 11:18:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:53:00 AM(UTC)
The weekly challenge was easy. I used the standard Chiron and only needed to upgrade it to get the speed zone requirement. For the races, I used my very short blueprint races to get it quicker.
#35 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:46:02 AM(UTC)
Okay, so the Forzathon this week requires you to hit 261mph in the Charon. I don't know if this is possible. I have hit 260, but not 261. It's harder than it sounds. Can you do this on the beach? I don't know. Help!
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:48:57 AM(UTC)
It shouldn't be at all hard. I just used the S2 998 tune I already had on the car, and it did about 269mph on the motorway. I think my S2 Chiron tune is shared if you want to try it, though an X tune should make it even easier to do over 261mph. IIRC the car has 7 gears, so don't stay in 6th thinking you're in top gear.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:58:59 AM(UTC)
I hit a bit over 261 on the Freeway as well. (and I think it was with Breemintor's tune). I know for sure I used a tune of his for some event in Horizon 4 yesterday)

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 12:01:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:17:48 PM(UTC)
I took the regular Chiron, upgraded it, no aero, skipped tuning and went to highway. Nailed it very quickly.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:07:36 PM(UTC)
FORZATHON - Weekly Challenge: BUGATTI CHIRON
Share Codes Event Blueprints: Chapter 4: Win 4 Road Racing Events in your Chiron " in 10 seconds " ( 894 883 066 )
Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.

CODE RACE: FORZATHON - Chapter 4: 894 883 066
CODE TUNE: BUGATTI CHIRON: 112 967 363

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:13:54 PM(UTC)
Did the trial with Bugatti EB110
Playground games with crown victoria
Season heavy hitters with Bentley continental super sport
Season nissan with gtr-lm fe
Season buggy with Ariel Nomad and Mini Buggy '18

All done at unbeatable.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:18:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnogardragonS Go to Quoted Post
Okay, so the Forzathon this week requires you to hit 261mph in the Charon. I don't know if this is possible. I have hit 260, but not 261. It's harder than it sounds. Can you do this on the beach? I don't know. Help!

Did it in the stock lego one
Shouldnt be hard
Just use the freeway
#42 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:52:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
It shouldn't be at all hard. I just used the S2 998 tune I already had on the car, and it did about 269mph on the motorway. I think my S2 Chiron tune is shared if you want to try it, though an X tune should make it even easier to do over 261mph. IIRC the car has 7 gears, so don't stay in 6th thinking you're in top gear.

272 is easy in the Lego Chiron and its only a S2 985
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 4:09:18 PM(UTC)
Okay, so the Forzathon this week requires you to hit 261mph in the Charon. I don't know if this is possible. ... Help!

It is certainly possible, I did it in a stock no tune Charon. Use this custom race 848 286 136 (not mine) which diverts the A.I. so you can run down the HWY with no traffic.

Hope that helps.

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal. All tunes are my own, all shared - tune name / share code.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post

Using the same tune, and car as used in last weeks trial, unchanged:

**Trial: "Balance of Power" | Road Racing | (S1 900) AWD
**Car used: 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air (Autoshow 130,000 Cr)
**Tune: S900 Road Trial / 142 063 528

One word, style. ... Tune is AWD swap, 6.2 V8 swap, supercharged, forza air (needs it), 'stock' rims (unchanged from base model).

I tried to make the 2011 Ford Transit van work for this event, however while okay in testing ... online event it under-preforms that little bit too much ... Shared for those that wish to try it;

**Car attempt: 2011 Ford Transit Supersport Van (Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: S1 Road Van / 588 112 440
- AWD, 5.8 DSC V8 swap, twin turbo, forza air.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Bamburgh Castle | (B700) Retro Muscle
**Car used: 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Games Sand / 883 201 935

De-tuned version of A class tune for games at same location. Still works well in the sand. On the subject of games, I don't understand why people quit when you are winning, always on winning the first event, yet a player left! Yes, possible they were kicked or something, but I see this all the time in games, winning, lose players. I know the forza network is bad, but surely not so bad as to kick people so often it is noticeable and occurs regularly from week to week?

PR Stunts:
-Broadway Mill Danger Sign, 1988 BMW M5 FE - 'Windmill Hero',
-Sylvan Hollow Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two, stock with rally tires, no tune,
-Ashbrook Lane Drift Zone, 2018 Chevrolet Drift truck, stock, no tune.

Cheers.

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 4:20:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 4:35:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Shouldnt be hard
Just use the freeway

Yep they clearly chose 261 as the speed the stock car can do.

Impossible to do the speed zone stock though unfortunately. (Well I can't say categorically impossible but I found it needed a tune.)

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 4:36:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:15:51 PM(UTC)

This was the easiest for me. Don't own the normal Chiron so had to use the Lego version and thought it would be difficult. Upgraded it and went straight down the freeway. I reached 433km/h

#47 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 12:20:20 AM(UTC)
Some peole may not have noticed, but if you own the lego expansion, there is actually one new seasonal championship. It is part of the series 19 update, so, yes, it is new.

If you haven't completed chapter 4 of the weekly forzathon challenge yet, winning the 3 races (or 1 or 2 of the 3) in the Championship in a Lego Chiron will count towards your progress,

Edited by user Saturday, February 22, 2020 12:28:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 1:58:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Shouldnt be hard
Just use the freeway

Yep they clearly chose 261 as the speed the stock car can do.

Impossible to do the speed zone stock though unfortunately. (Well I can't say categorically impossible but I found it needed a tune.)

I was only 1mph off 3 stars with speed zone with stock after 1st attempt
upgraded and did it easily
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 8:18:21 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents, Tunes and Rewards:
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events AUTUMN: ** Until 27/02/20 ** SERIES 19
50% AUTUMN: FERRARI 488 PISTA 2019
80% AUTUMN: PORSCHE 718 CAYMAN GTS 2018
50% Series 19: ATS GT 2018
80% Series 19: BMW E92 ME GTS

Forza Horizon 4: Percents, Tunes and Rewards - Until 27/02/20 ** SERIES 19 **

Code Share Codes Event Blueprints: Forzathon - Chapter 4: Win 4 Road Racing Events in your Chiron in 10 seconds: 894 883 066
Code BUGATTI CHIRON: 112 967 363
Code LAMBORGHINI HURACAN PERFORMANTE 2018: 376 077 340
Code LOTUS ELISE GT1 1997: 833 798 868
Code FORD SVT COBRA R 1993: 126 934 795
Code MOSLER MT900S 2010: 187 290 668
Code WILLYS MB JEEP 1945: 483 841 682
Code NISSAN GT-R 2017: 162 783 707
Code JEPP GRAND CHEROKEE TRACK HAWK 2018: 146 295 835
Code VW #1107 DESERT DINGO RACING STOCK BUG 1970: 357 406 859

Forza Horizon 4: Rewards * Until 27/02/20 ** SERIES 19 ** AUTUMN

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:34:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 6:46:37 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post

Using the same tune, and car as used in last weeks trial, unchanged:

**Trial: "Balance of Power" | Road Racing | (S1 900) AWD
**Car used: 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air (Autoshow 130,000 Cr)
**Tune: S900 Road Trial / 142 063 528

One word, style. ... Tune is AWD swap, 6.2 V8 swap, supercharged, forza air (needs it), 'stock' rims (unchanged from base model).

I tried to make the 2011 Ford Transit van work for this event, however while okay in testing ... online event it under-preforms that little bit too much ... Shared for those that wish to try it;

**Car attempt: 2011 Ford Transit Supersport Van (Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: S1 Road Van / 588 112 440
- AWD, 5.8 DSC V8 swap, twin turbo, forza air.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Bamburgh Castle | (B700) Retro Muscle
**Car used: 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Games Sand / 883 201 935

De-tuned version of A class tune for games at same location.

PR Stunts:
-Broadway Mill Danger Sign, 1988 BMW M5 FE - 'Windmill Hero',
-Sylvan Hollow Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two, stock with rally tires, no tune,
-Ashbrook Lane Drift Zone, 2018 Chevrolet Drift truck, stock, no tune.

And the rest:
Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Meet and Yeet" | Cross Country | (A800) Offroad Buggies
**Car used: 1969 VW Class 5 Baja Bug (Autoshow 60,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Offroad F4T / 900 472 482
Tune is engine swapped to Flat 4 turbo, AWD swap. Cn beat the dreaded A.I. controlled Can-Am buggies.

**Championship: "Nissan Cup" | Street Scene | Nissan cars
**Car used: 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R (Autoshow 170,000 Cr)
**Tune: S1 Road AWD / 392 051 580

One of the better looking Nissans for this one! Tune is engine swapped to Inline 3.2L 6 cylinder, has forza air and is AWD. Will easily smash the opposition.
I have a second RWD tune for the same car, as I attempted to not need to go the way of AWD, however for me, and my ability, it was uncompetitive - I found it too hard to manage ~ however it is very quick, so in the right hands/with the right skill level it should be a contender - shared for those wishing to try it:

S1 Road RWD / 573 322 030
S877, 3.2L 6, forza air, RWD.

Great livery design for this car by "papaemy" - 1973 KPGC110 GTR / 141 935 793 - other versions car also be found by this creator. (not affiliated with this creator, just found them and felt they are worth sharing)

**Championship: "Heavyweight Champions | Dirt Racing | (A800) Heavy Hitters
**Car used: 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Dirt AWD / 610 951 183

The offroad van is back - and once I figured out you could not weight reduce below the 'Heavy Hitter' requirement it worked great (I, at first assumed it was like the credit value race categories, where only the original aspect - the cost - mattered, and any changes there after were not an issue). Very fast on the non road sections of the races. Engine swapped for 6.2L V8, AWD, supercharged, rally tires/suspension.

Cheers.

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error