This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
36 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#476 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:46:41 PM(UTC)
Quick run with old shared tune for the Honda Civic Type R FE 1:35.497
 2 users liked this post.
#477 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:46:07 PM(UTC)
Day late and a dollar short, but:

==

Probably in the Bimmer for this one. It's probably the least pretty BMW from that era, but it's still better looking than anything else in the division.
 2 users liked this post.
#478 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:03:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Probably in the Bimmer for this one.

Whats not to like about 6.2L of American Muscle rednecked into a Bimmer. Throw some 300 lb springs in the rear and drive the hell out of it.

1:34.292

With a proper tune the 97 civic may never catch back up.
Crash

P.S. I'll need to check the replay but I doubt I hit 100% throttle more than twice! It was only 415 HP but felt like a 900 HP Le-Mons monster on 195 bias plys.
 2 users liked this post.
#479 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:11:51 PM(UTC)
I’m about to spend way more time than I should trying to get this Renault to work because it combines my two favorite things: mid-engine RWD’s and hatchbacks.
 2 users liked this post.
#480 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:44:39 PM(UTC)
I think we’ve done this class before. I’ve already got 12 cars in this class. Not that’s it’s helping 1:37.6XX in a civic
#481 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:56:33 AM(UTC)
@PRKid, Moss: you may need to update the thread title just to avoid confusion :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#482 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:38:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
@PRKid, Moss: you may need to update the thread title just to avoid confusion :-)

Thanks fifty, updated 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#483 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:14:25 AM(UTC)
Gave the BMW a shot and just couldn't get into it this time around. Tried a few builds and they all felt kinda indecisive and uninspiring.

So, it's back in the Clio I go.

Given how frustrated with it I was the last time I ran it, I was kinda surprised that my test mule drove pretty well. Much less pervasive understeer. Basically aped the setup from the 930 I'd run the previous week (the curb weight and weight distribution are fairly similar, so I figured it was a good starting point), and I think that helped a bit. I didn't have internet for most of the week ("thank" you very much, Comcast...), so most of my test runs (and therefore my replays) were lost to the ether. Went from test mule to version 1.1 without being able to actually quantify anything. Got a decent run in with 1.1, though, so the current version (HLC17 IndyGP 1.2) is back to being empirically tuned.

Current best: 1:35.863

As is, the car's probably good for a good few seconds faster than that, but I'm apparently miserable at Indy, so I doubt I'll see it. Might get down to high 1:34s with some setup refinement and additional seat time, but that'd be about it for me.

Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
Whats not to like about 6.2L of American Muscle rednecked into a Bimmer. Throw some 300 lb springs in the rear and drive the hell out of it.

A while back I found a E30 on Craigslist that someone had swapped a BMW M60 into. Had a lot of photos and info on the swap (including which suspension bits, brake bits, etc. were upgraded), so I'm willing to bet it was done well. Price seemed reasonable, but a bit out of my price range (think they were asking around $7k). Plus the only reason I'm able to consider a E30 is because they get like 30 MPG highway, so a V8 swap kinda kills that idea.

Still, I betcha it was a fun car.
 1 user liked this post.
#484 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 9:22:20 AM(UTC)
Addendum (since the above post is already a wall o' text):

Made a few refinements, improved my time a bit. Made a few more, improved a bit more. Setup is uploaded as HLC17 IndyGP 1.4. Pretty much a holistic overhaul from 1.2; suspension is softer and slightly more rear-biased, gearing is taller, LSD is a bit more aggressive; nothing major, but the car's a bit more graceful than it was. Pretty happy with how it drives, so I think this'll be the final iteration of the setup. Will have to downtune it to homologation spec and see if it does any better than my old build did. Can't be any worse.

Current best (and probably final): 1:35.011
 1 user liked this post.
#485 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:52:36 AM(UTC)
01:33.5 Civic. 👍
 2 users liked this post.
#486 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:55:23 AM(UTC)
Got back last nite and caught up on chores so I think I’ll make an appearance....
 2 users liked this post.
#487 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 5:09:33 PM(UTC)
A Bloody Good Show......

Official time.... Indianapolis GP.... BMW 323ti Sport.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... 1:37:200
#488 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
A Bloody Good Show......

Official time.... Indianapolis GP.... BMW 323ti Sport.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... 1:37:200

.....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#489 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 2:32:29 AM(UTC)
01:33.010. HLR PRkid tune Civic. 👍👍
#490 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:14:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
01:33.010. HLR PRkid tune Civic. 👍👍

......👍

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#491 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:03:16 PM(UTC)
Nothing in the division could compete with the '97 Honda Civic on this track, despite some valiant attempts by 3 of our drivers in the BMW, and the Clio.

The final result was very close, with THR Rich, and iHobo xx both hitting the top 10 only a few tenths apart, and minsons, PTG Benny, and JParrott 46 racing for 3rd place less than 3 tenths back in positions 11,12, and 13.

We were pleased to see 31 drivers again, and welcome back iHobo xx, and MUDVAYNE 555666.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: THR Rich wins a paint for his 1997 Honda Civic Type R.

Tier 2: FastBud wins a paint for his 1997 Honda Civic Type R.

Tier 3: Coopracing wins a paint for his 1997 Honda Civic Type R.

Tuners Prize: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 1997 Honda Civic Type R.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to California to drive some sport compact icons. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 18
C Class (C500 Max)
Long Beach Full
Restricted to any car in the Sport Compact Icons Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 26th February.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport Compact Icons

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5
2005 SUBARU Legacy B4 2.0 GT
2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R FE
2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
1998 Nissan Silvia K's Aero
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
1997 Mazda RX-7
1997 Mitsubishi GTO
1996 SUBARU SVX
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1994 Nissan Silvia K's
1994 Honda Prelude Si
1993 Nissan 240SX SE
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1980 SUBARU BRAT GL
1980 SUBARU BRAT GL FE

28 cars. The Mazdas have done well on previous outings, and will probably be strong again. The '85 RX-7 is currently the highest placed car in the division, but the Integra is not far behind.
 1 user liked this post.
#492 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:04:08 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 18. Best of Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:26:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#493 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:13:49 PM(UTC)
I've noticed a trend over the past few weeks. I have noticed that controller players cover more than the top 10 times consistently. I know the overall leaderboard on Forza doesnt track wheels and controllers, but we do. Is it possible to create a tier for just wheel players so people are competing against like inputs. Controllers are totalling different in handling and the game is much more forgiving in controller handling and extreme inputs. It just seems we are having an apple to oranges competition inside the individual skills tiers we compete it. The leaderboard isnthe leaderboard and ultimately lower lap times win. It is disheartening seeing that I am unlikely to win mybtier because of controller players. Just a thought.
 1 user liked this post.
#494 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 5:38:48 PM(UTC)
Nice color scheme on that one, Moss. Very classy.

Not sure what I'll be in this time around. Probably the '90 Miata, even if T10 did put the wrong interior in it. Miata Is Always The Answer, after all.

Originally Posted by: HET9Zombie7 Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed a trend over the past few weeks. I have noticed that controller players cover more than the top 10 times consistently...

I think that has more to do with public perception than it does actual game mechanics. The community believes controllers are faster, so the guys who have the ability and desire to be the fastest use a controller, so the community believes controllers are faster, wash-rinse-repeat. I expect if you could correlate seat time and leaderboard position there'd be a near-linear progression between the two, regardless of controller type used.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 19, 2020 5:40:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#495 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:10:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Nice color scheme on that one, Moss. Very classy.

Not sure what I'll be in this time around. Probably the '90 Miata, even if T10 did put the wrong interior in it. Miata Is Always The Answer, after all.

Originally Posted by: HET9Zombie7 Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed a trend over the past few weeks. I have noticed that controller players cover more than the top 10 times consistently...

I think that has more to do with public perception than it does actual game mechanics. The community believes controllers are faster, so the guys who have the ability and desire to be the fastest use a controller, so the community believes controllers are faster, wash-rinse-repeat. I expect if you could correlate seat time and leaderboard position there'd be a near-linear progression between the two, regardless of controller type used.

Thanks Mr P. I know PRKid likes me to dress the cars up to match the track racing suits LOL. I do my best in the time available, but some are more successful than others.

On the wheel v controller debate I totally agree with you. I know some very fast drivers that use a wheel. DUST2DEATH springs to mind. The problem I know many have is getting the settings sorted out, unlike controllers which work well right out of the box.
#496 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 2:38:49 PM(UTC)
I agree with the settings issue. There are times I feel like someone completely reset my settings. It is abuser preference thing and a matter of choice. I've had to adjust quite a few settings on my wheel since I had neck surgery and cannot handle much force feedback. I wanted a "real" feel though. It took a bit, but I found something that feels workable.

Even though there are different wheels and all the different settings it is still more consistent a correlation than a wheel v controller. Mr. P is right that seat time has quite a lot to do with it, but it still doesnt change that the game was designed for controllers. Wheels have been add-ons. They have done a great job, but there are some things you can get away with easier on a controller that will bite you on a wheel. I have tremendous respect for controller users because I cant do it. Too unnatural for me. I will keep fighting with my wheel and see what I eek out.
#497 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:01:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

I know PRKid likes me to dress the cars up to match the track racing suits LOL. I do my best in the time available, but some are more successful than others.

....And, you do a GREAT job at it!..........👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#498 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 5:13:36 AM(UTC)
I assume if we already have a time on the leaderboard in another car we can post here with the info? I'm persevering with wheel and hardcore, and agree totally about the seat time - I'm not getting much more than an hour or so each week so will be sitting at the bottom of the table for quite some time I think!
15/15 = 93%
#499 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 5:20:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

I assume if we already have a time on the leaderboard in another car we can post here with the info?

If possible, just remember to post a screenshot. Thank you!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#500 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:00:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

I assume if we already have a time on the leaderboard in another car we can post here with the info?

If possible, just remember to post a screenshot. Thank you!

PRKid

To your activity stream will suffice. I know that posting pics here is not easy for everyone. Stick at it Smoke, I'm still jealous of your wheel :D
36 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error