This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#276 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:15:03 AM(UTC)
Japan, Russia or Asia (Specifically myanmar/thailand). There is a mix of jungle/roads around thailand/myanmar that would be awesome in a game such as horizon. I realise this is from personal experience so won't go too far, but Japan or Russia both have their merits as far as Horizon games go. So either of those would be good.
But we haven't even seen what FM8 has to offer yet!
#277 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:27:32 AM(UTC)
Fictional location with EVERYTHING specifically designed to work as a racing game. I do NOT need a facsimile or have some half baked representation of someplace that won't be anything like the actual location.

It's a racing game, I challenge developers to actually use thier creativity and imagination to make a proper Forza game. Stem to stern. Enough of the Fortnite, dressup, nothing to do with driving or cars business. Just make a good game.

All that being said, I really don't care where it takes place as long as it's a COMPLETE game. Not missing major features like rivals at release or a big focus on what shirt or dance can be earned. This is NOT Fortnite!! It's Forza.

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:29:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#278 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:29:42 AM(UTC)
You just basically contradicted yourself!
They make up a proximal version of wherever. Some bits copied, some bits creatively controlled.
Everything they do is fictional, just some has a basis, as in the base game, some doesn't, as in any of the DLC's.
I don't care where it is as long as they get rid of that ridiculous time wasting wheelspin and dancing at the end of races along with clothes to customise. If they want you to customise they should give you the clothes from the off.
Then they can concentrate on what matters, the cars. The feel of the cars in Horizon 4 is slippy but in an unpredictable way. For me anyway. I can't drive RWD at all in this game! lol

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:50:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#279 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:41:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
You just basically contradicted yourself!
They make up a proximal version of wherever. Some bits copied, some bits creatively controlled.
Everything they do is fictional, just some has a basis, as in the base game, some doesn't, as in any of the DLC's.
I don't care where it is as long as they get rid of that ridiculous time wasting wheelspin and dancing at the end of races along with clothes to customise. If they want you to customise they should give you the clothes from the off.
Then they can concentrate on what matters, the cars. The feel of the cars in Horizon 4 is slippy but in an unpredictable way. For me anyway. I can't drive RWD at all in this game! lol

I'm curious, how did I contradict myself? I didn't go back on my opinion. I think it should be a made up, Forza world location. Since you mentioned it, just like the expansion packs. My statement of not caring where it takes place was NOT a contradiction, I don't want it to be somewhere geographically real, but I'm fine with it if the rest of the game is actually worth playing. THATS NOT A CONTRADICTION.

And yeah, I'm not an idiot. Yes, all of the maps are "fictional". My point was, and has been on this thread, that it doesn't NEED to be in Japan, or The US, or anywhere specific. In my opinion, that's limiting in what can be done. Kinda feel like you're arguing to argue, but thanks for the condicending explanation of how everything is fictional.

Truly, the fact that any of us think we have any say on what they will do in these games is just silly. They will make it how they want, where they want, with whatever little outfits and dances they decide to add.

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:06:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#280 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 4:56:02 AM(UTC)
A very hostile post. Why?
I was merely pointing out some things and you've taken it as a personal attack! Also i never called you an idiot or even implied it.
#281 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 5:48:28 AM(UTC)
Yeah, sorry. Doesn't justify but it's been a VERY bad few days. And there's admittedly times when I read too much into a post. There HAVE been a few people over the years that feel they can put people in their place on here, which I'm not good with. I guess I took you explaining that "everything is fictional" harshly. That felt a little condescending at the time, of course it is all fictional. I get a little too defensive. Especially when things aren't cool outside the game, so I do apologize.

As far as my point with this post, I am of the opinion, instead of an approximation of some city or country, I'd prefer a fully fictional, not based off a real place map. It's my thought that the map can be made to be much more diverse, much more inclusive to ALL driving/racing types. Again, just my opinion. There are many, many more important things I want done right in the next game. Where it takes place isn't at the top of my list.

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:36:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#282 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 2:28:11 PM(UTC)
Go back to Colorado, but this time include a 1:1 recreation of Pikes Peak.
 1 user liked this post.
#283 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 2:00:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, sorry. Doesn't justify but it's been a VERY bad few days. And there's admittedly times when I read too much into a post. There HAVE been a few people over the years that feel they can put people in their place on here, which I'm not good with. I guess I took you explaining that "everything is fictional" harshly. That felt a little condescending at the time, of course it is all fictional. I get a little too defensive. Especially when things aren't cool outside the game, so I do apologize.

As far as my point with this post, I am of the opinion, instead of an approximation of some city or country, I'd prefer a fully fictional, not based off a real place map. It's my thought that the map can be made to be much more diverse, much more inclusive to ALL driving/racing types. Again, just my opinion. There are many, many more important things I want done right in the next game. Where it takes place isn't at the top of my list.

Sorry for the defensive/snappy reply. Truly.

It's all good dude. Just never seen a hostile post from you like that. We all have bad days, my life is full of them currently.
Take it easy dude.

P.S. If we're talking fictional worlds, Narnia gets my vote!

Edited by user Thursday, February 20, 2020 6:09:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#284 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 6:00:54 AM(UTC)
I feel like FH5 should take place in Tokyo since everyone loves drifting and it's such a remote area for a new place and also along with it I think you should add more customisations like underglow, headlight colours, window decals, and more spoilers, hoods, bumpers etc.

I have been waiting for something like this for around ever since the first Horizon came out.

Also, not trying to diss Forza and the horizon franchise but NFS heat is kinda winning me over ATM. Don't get me wrong I love the driving mechanics and engines and what ever but I feel like we should be able to do more and have more opportunities for example put more Holden's in the game and, make it so that people can build their own engines and make what they look like.

I feel that if you do this the game would be much more viral and would get allot more sell's and purchases. I also know this is a big stepup but really it is all worth it in the end trust me.

Please make this the next FH game and keep every one happy because majority of people want the next game to be set in japan. Keep the people happy.

From your fellow Australian
Nick
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/18/2020 9:17:19 PM(UTC)
#285 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 2:12:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NINO2756 Go to Quoted Post
I feel like FH5 should take place in Tokyo since everyone loves drifting and it's such a remote area for a new place and also along with it I think you should add more customisations like underglow, headlight colours, window decals, and more spoilers, hoods, bumpers etc.

I have been waiting for something like this for around ever since the first Horizon came out.

Also, not trying to diss Forza and the horizon franchise but NFS heat is kinda winning me over ATM. Don't get me wrong I love the driving mechanics and engines and what ever but I feel like we should be able to do more and have more opportunities for example put more Holden's in the game and, make it so that people can build their own engines and make what they look like.

I feel that if you do this the game would be much more viral and would get allot more sell's and purchases. I also know this is a big stepup but really it is all worth it in the end trust me.

Please make this the next FH game and keep every one happy because majority of people want the next game to be set in japan. Keep the people happy.

From your fellow Australian
Nick

Forza will never have NFS tier or more level customization, and it wont mean more sales, majority of sales are casuals that dont even touch customization with their 5 second attention span, japan cant happen also due to licensing, and thats another long story, the next probable location is scandinavia since they wouldnt waste the aurora borealis mechanic on a mediocre DLC + its a place no car game has touched which is horizons goal, japan is overrated
#286 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 11:36:37 PM(UTC)
Amen nino2756 amen and I hope and pray that JAPAN will be the victorious winner for FH5 for anyone who wants it to be in JAPAN rise up my brothers and sisters and pray for it to be the next location and also we not only have each other's backs but so do youtubers like ericship 111 yuwan I think that is his first half of his youtube name and racing maniac the fan made trailer racing maniac and several others who I can't fully remember their youtuber names lol plz forgive me so that let the JAPAN club rise all the way to Pluto and back who's with me?
#287 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
Otaku, I don't know if You are Trolling or if You are just *Obsessed* , but I am going to tell You this One. Last. Time.

Japan is very Probably *not* Going to Happen.

Playground *Cannot* do Japans Car Culture any Justice, this is because Japan's Car Culture is heavily Focussed on Extreme Visual Customisation and Illegal Street Racing, elements that a Large Number of European Brands, and even some Japanese Ones (cough, Toyota, cough) are now *Very* Hostile to in Games as they believe those Elements are Damaging their Corporate PR Images and causing them to Lose Sales!, meaning that if Playground even attempted to Replicate Japans Car Culture, there would be an En-Masse Licencing Pull out that would Decimate the Games Car List! This would leave only Japanese Brands and Cars, and that would cause massive Problems for the Games Sales!

The JDM and Tuner Scenes are Niche at Best in Europe and America, the People who are into that Scene are getting Older, The "Fast and the Furious" and "NFFS Underground" came out Nearly *Twenty Years ago* do not Forget ! the Tuner/JDM Fans are getting older, and many have moved away from Gaming over the Years due to Disliking how Childish, Dumbed Down, Financially Predatory, Glitchy, Lazy, and Badly made Modern Games are Nowadays... Forza now relies Mainly on the Youth Market due to Older Gamers having moved away from the AAA Scene in their Droves, and believe Me when I say the Youth, in the Majority case, don't give a Flying Hooh-Ha about the JDM and Tuner Scenes, all the Majority of the Youth Market cares about these Days are the Latest and Greatest Super/Hyper Cars that they see on YouTube thanks to Influencers such as Shmee150, Salamondrin, Seen Through Glass, Etc, and on TV Programmes such as Flop Gear and The Grand Bore. Without those Cars, and a Game that does Japan's Car Culture any Justice would not have those Cars due to Licencing Pull Outs, the Game is *not* going to sell to the *Vital* Youth Market.

Meantime, with Forza Horizon 4 having caused Massive Anger among the Majority of the Older Forza Fanbase due to the Unwanted and Intolerable Live Services Elements, Cringe Emote Dances and Costumes, Forced Multiplayer, the Lego Advertisement so called "Expansion" that was made at the *Expense* of Ultimate Edition Owners, the Battle Royale with Cheese Garbage, and just how Childish the Game has become, combined with how Buggy and Glitchy the Game is, with it still containing all of its Day 1 Bugs and with more Bugs being added with every Single Broken and Rushed "Live Services" Update, and how Lazy the Game often feels with its Asset Flipped Car Models, some of which date back to the Xbox 360!, Poor Interior Modelling, Incorrect Animations (Since when as the Mercedes Benz W-154 had Paddleshifters? it's got a 5 Speed H Pattern Manual with a Dog Leg First Gear for Crying Out Loud! So why the Heck does the In Game Model have Paddle Shift Animations? ) and *Terrible* Engine Sounds, , a lot of the Older Segment of the Forza Fanbase is now Threatening to Never Buy a Horizon game again" so between that Boycott from the Older Fans, and Losing the Licences for the Hyper cars meaning they wont get the Hypercar Obsessed Youth Market, FH5 would be a *Sales Disaster* !

The Japanese Market is not going to take up the Slack either, because the Japanese, as a Nation, are *Very* Protectionist! They *Refuse* to buy American made Systems like Xbox, they don't indulge in PC Gaming as, in their Culture, a PC is for Work, a Console is what is used for Play, Period, and never the twain shall Meet, and they often *Refuse* to Purchase Games that are Developed in the West as they are just too boring, Derivative and not Creative enough for Japan's Tastes, so Japan wont take up the Slack caused by the Sales Loss in Europe and America.

To Keep the European Super/Hyper Car Companies on Board, Forza Horizon 5 is going to have to, at Best, Keep the Customisation Levels where they are Now, and they may even need to remove "Street Scene" Entirely. That Means all Japan is going to be is an Aesthetic, a Look, "Japan in name Only", just a bunch of Neon Lit Grimy Urban Streets with a few Mountains and Forests... and I am sorry, but they might as well just set the Game in Blackpool in that Case, as its going to have the same Aesthetic!

You also need to remember , for Everyone who, like You, wants Japan, there are Five who are like Me and do not want to see Horizon go within a Thousand Miles of Asia in General, let alone Japan, because We don't like Drifting, We don't like Games with Choking amounts of Traffic, We don't like Urban Settings, and basically, We think Horizon should stick to European Settings as they offer the Nicest Aesthetic.... this would also cause a Massive Sales issue, as People who Don't want Asia will be *very* Angry if a "Japan in all but Name" is used, because the Game could have just as easily been set in Norway, or Germany, or Croatia, or Canada or other such Location that We actually want! So we would Boycott the Game as the Developers did not "Listen" to Us.

This would Result in a *treble Boycott* Situation! and those are absolute Studio Enders! The People who want Japan, You have to admit, want it for *One* Reason Only, the Car Culture, but Playground just cannot replicate it without Decimating the Car List due to Licencing Pull outs from European Manufacturers who have become Hostile to Car Customisation in Gaming, so without the Culture, a lot of People are going to feel that "opportunity" was "Wasted" and that Playground "were not Listening" to them and would become Angry and would Boycott the Game.

In the Same way those of Us who don't want Horizon to go within a Thousand Miles of Asia are going to be extremely Angry as We will feel that Playground wont know "What is good for them" and that they "Failed to Listen to the Voice of Marketing Reason" and will Boycott the Game!

Add those on top of the currently already existing Boycott from Outraged older Players who *Despise* the "Forzanite" Direction FH4 has gone in and will probably never buy a Horizon Game again unless it does a Thudding Handbrake Turn and goes back to what Made FH2 so good, and Playground would be looking at an abject Sales Tank! Something that would potentially, in a Worst Case Scenario, result in Microsoft Shutting them down and handing the whole Kit and Caboodle back to Turn 10!

In Short, Japan is Effectively Unmarketable and is even a Potential Studio Destroyer, so the Chances of them doing Japan are *Very* Slim indeed, and its time You accepted that and Moved on!

Remember, Horizon 5 is already in Development, the Location has already been chosen, and there is nothing we can do about it, this whole Thread is Academic at best, maybe a Suggestions list for FH6 if we are very Lucky, it is *Moot* !

Given that there is no Way that Playground are going to want to waste all that hard work they put into making a HDR Enabled, 8K, Fully Dynamic and Astoundingly Beautiful in Game Replication of the Aurora Borealis on just a Single, Poorly Received, Expansion Pack like Fortune Island, the Location is very Probably going to be one that Has the Aurora Borealis, that means it is very likely going to be Either Norway or Canada, Norway if Xcloud Streaming means that the Sheer lack of Processing Power on the Elderly and Laughably Underpowered Xbox One Base System the Game has been forced to support is not going to hold the Game back, or Canada if the Xbox One Base is going to hold the Game back due to Xcloud not being up to Snuff meaning the Game will have to be Run on the System rather than just streamed to it from a Super-PC in Leamington Spa, so a less Demanding Location, like Canada, which is mostly Flat, would be needed.

Kindly accept that and move on, because Japan, with the Way the Car Companies are playing up and with the ever Increasing risk of Mass Boycott over the *Slightest* Mistake as the Forza Fanbase becomes Increasingly angry and Dissatisfied due to FH4's continual descent into little more than a Glorified Mobile Phone Game, "Forzanite- Car Battle Royal, with Extra Cringe!" , is looking more and more like a Distinct Impossibility to anyone who understands about Business and Marketing.

Edited by user Sunday, March 8, 2020 8:43:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#288 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 10:50:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
Otaku, I don't know if You are Trolling or if You are just *Obsessed* , but I am going to tell You this One. Last. Time.

Japan is very Probably *not* Going to Happen.

Playground *Cannot* do Japans Car Culture any Justice, this is because Japan's Car Culture is heavily Focussed on Extreme Visual Customisation and Illegal Street Racing, elements that a Large Number of European Brands, and even some Japanese Ones (cough, Toyota, cough) are now *Very* Hostile to in Games as they believe those Elements are Damaging their Corporate PR Images and causing them to Lose Sales!, meaning that if Playground even attempted to Replicate Japans Car Culture, there would be an En-Masse Licencing Pull out that would Decimate the Games Car List! This would leave only Japanese Brands and Cars, and that would cause massive Problems for the Games Sales!

The JDM and Tuner Scenes are Niche at Best in Europe and America, the People who are into that Scene are getting Older, The "Fast and the Furious" and "NFFS Underground" came out Nearly *Twenty Years ago* do not Forget ! the Tuner/JDM Fans are getting older, and many have moved away from Gaming over the Years due to Disliking how Childish, Dumbed Down, Financially Predatory, Glitchy, Lazy, and Badly made Modern Games are Nowadays... Forza now relies Mainly on the Youth Market due to Older Gamers having moved away from the AAA Scene in their Droves, and believe Me when I say the Youth, in the Majority case, don't give a Flying Hooh-Ha about the JDM and Tuner Scenes, all the Majority of the Youth Market cares about these Days are the Latest and Greatest Super/Hyper Cars that they see on YouTube thanks to Influencers such as Shmee150, Salamondrin, Seen Through Glass, Etc, and on TV Programmes such as Flop Gear and The Grand Bore. Without those Cars, and a Game that does Japan's Car Culture any Justice would not have those Cars due to Licencing Pull Outs, the Game is *not* going to sell to the *Vital* Youth Market.

Meantime, with Forza Horizon 4 having caused Massive Anger among the Majority of the Older Forza Fanbase due to the Unwanted and Intolerable Live Services Elements, Cringe Emote Dances and Costumes, Forced Multiplayer, the Lego Advertisement so called "Expansion" that was made at the *Expense* of Ultimate Edition Owners, the Battle Royale with Cheese Garbage, and just how Childish the Game has become, combined with how Buggy and Glitchy the Game is, with it still containing all of its Day 1 Bugs and with more Bugs being added with every Single Broken and Rushed "Live Services" Update, and how Lazy the Game often feels with its Asset Flipped Car Models, some of which date back to the Xbox 360!, Poor Interior Modelling, Incorrect Animations (Since when as the Mercedes Benz W-154 had Paddleshifters? it's got a 5 Speed H Pattern Manual with a Dog Leg First Gear for Crying Out Loud! So why the Heck does the In Game Model have Paddle Shift Animations? ) and *Terrible* Engine Sounds, , a lot of the Older Segment of the Forza Fanbase is now Threatening to Never Buy a Horizon game again" so between that Boycott from the Older Fans, and Losing the Licences for the Hyper cars meaning they wont get the Hypercar Obsessed Youth Market, FH5 would be a *Sales Disaster* !

The Japanese Market is not going to take up the Slack either, because the Japanese, as a Nation, are *Very* Protectionist! They *Refuse* to buy American made Systems like Xbox, they don't indulge in PC Gaming as, in their Culture, a PC is for Work, a Console is what is used for Play, Period, and never the twain shall Meet, and they often *Refuse* to Purchase Games that are Developed in the West as they are just too boring, Derivative and not Creative enough for Japan's Tastes, so Japan wont take up the Slack caused by the Sales Loss in Europe and America.

To Keep the European Super/Hyper Car Companies on Board, Forza Horizon 5 is going to have to, at Best, Keep the Customisation Levels where they are Now, and they may even need to remove "Street Scene" Entirely. That Means all Japan is going to be is an Aesthetic, a Look, "Japan in name Only", just a bunch of Neon Lit Grimy Urban Streets with a few Mountains and Forests... and I am sorry, but they might as well just set the Game in Blackpool in that Case, as its going to have the same Aesthetic!

You also need to remember , for Everyone who, like You, wants Japan, there are Five who are like Me and do not want to see Horizon go within a Thousand Miles of Asia in General, let alone Japan, because We don't like Drifting, We don't like Games with Choking amounts of Traffic, We don't like Urban Settings, and basically, We think Horizon should stick to European Settings as they offer the Nicest Aesthetic.... this would also cause a Massive Sales issue, as People who Don't want Asia will be *very* Angry if a "Japan in all but Name" is used, because the Game could have just as easily been set in Norway, or Germany, or Croatia, or Canada or other such Location that We actually want! So we would Boycott the Game as the Developers did not "Listen" to Us.

This would Result in a *treble Boycott* Situation! and those are absolute Studio Enders! The People who want Japan, You have to admit, want it for *One* Reason Only, the Car Culture, but Playground just cannot replicate it without Decimating the Car List due to Licencing Pull outs from European Manufacturers who have become Hostile to Car Customisation in Gaming, so without the Culture, a lot of People are going to feel that "opportunity" was "Wasted" and that Playground "were not Listening" to them and would become Angry and would Boycott the Game.

In the Same way those of Us who don't want Horizon to go within a Thousand Miles of Asia are going to be extremely Angry as We will feel that Playground wont know "What is good for them" and that they "Failed to Listen to the Voice of Marketing Reason" and will Boycott the Game!

Add those on top of the currently already existing Boycott from Outraged older Players who *Despise* the "Forzanite" Direction FH4 has gone in and will probably never buy a Horizon Game again unless it does a Thudding Handbrake Turn and goes back to what Made FH2 so good, and Playground would be looking at an abject Sales Tank! Something that would potentially, in a Worst Case Scenario, result in Microsoft Shutting them down and handing the whole Kit and Caboodle back to Turn 10!

In Short, Japan is Effectively Unmarketable and is even a Potential Studio Destroyer, so the Chances of them doing Japan are *Very* Slim indeed, and its time You accepted that and Moved on!

Remember, Horizon 5 is already in Development, the Location has already been chosen, and there is nothing we can do about it, this whole Thread is Academic at best, maybe a Suggestions list for FH6 if we are very Lucky, it is *Moot* !

Given that there is no Way that Playground are going to want to waste all that hard work they put into making a HDR Enabled, 8K, Fully Dynamic and Astoundingly Beautiful in Game Replication of the Aurora Borealis on just a Single, Poorly Received, Expansion Pack like Fortune Island, the Location is very Probably going to be one that Has the Aurora Borealis, that means it is very likely going to be Either Norway or Canada, Norway if Xcloud Streaming means that the Sheer lack of Processing Power on the Elderly and Laughably Underpowered Xbox One Base System the Game has been forced to support is not going to hold the Game back, or Canada if the Xbox One Base is going to hold the Game back due to Xcloud not being up to Snuff meaning the Game will have to be Run on the System rather than just streamed to it from a Super-PC in Leamington Spa, so a less Demanding Location, like Canada, which is mostly Flat, would be needed.

Kindly accept that and move on, because Japan, with the Way the Car Companies are playing up and with the ever Increasing risk of Mass Boycott over the *Slightest* Mistake as the Forza Fanbase becomes Increasingly angry and Dissatisfied due to FH4's continual descent into little more than a Glorified Mobile Phone Game, "Forzanite- Car Battle Royal, with Extra Cringe!" , is looking more and more like a Distinct Impossibility to anyone who understands about Business and Marketing.

Stop being dramatic, japan is simply forzas half life 3, it got so far it became a meme and the expectations would be too big to complete
#289 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 11:10:27 AM(UTC)
I hope you are Right My Friend. Japan is something of a Meme now, which, indeed, does reduce its chances even further, thank goodness..

Sorry for being Over-Dramatic, its just I am on a Real Downer with FH4 at the Moment, its causing Me some Serious Burnout as of late, combine that with the Fact I am on Edge anyway because the Weather is so Foul in Real life and its genuinely starting to get a Me, and My behaviour, I am afraid, is getting a little Erratic right now. Sorry about that.

Indeed, there is no way they would match the Expectations that have been Built, its just not Possible due to hardware and Licencing Issues, so its best to not even Try, the last thing Horizon Needs, Especially in the wake of 4, is a "Duke Nukem Forever" Situation!

Still, You are Right on Half Life 3. It pains me to Say this, but, that Game is never going to Happen, because we all know that even if Valve made the Greatest PC Game that will ever be Programmed, it wont come anywhere near Close to Peoples Expectations, and would be a Disaster for them., so its best not to even try.

Us Gamers, indeed, are often our own worst Enemies.
#290 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 11:48:41 AM(UTC)
I hope you are Right My Friend. Japan is something of a Meme now, which, indeed, does reduce its chances even further, thank goodness..

Sorry for being Over-Dramatic, its just I am on a Real Downer with FH4 at the Moment, its causing Me some Serious Burnout as of late, combine that with the Fact I am on Edge anyway because the Weather is so Foul in Real life and its genuinely starting to get a Me, and My behaviour, I am afraid, is getting a little Erratic right now. Sorry about that.

Indeed, there is no way they would match the Expectations that have been Built, its just not Possible due to hardware and Licencing Issues, so its best to not even Try, the last thing Horizon Needs, Especially in the wake of 4, is a "Duke Nukem Forever" Situation!

Still, You are Right on Half Life 3. It pains me to Say this, but, that Game is never going to Happen, because we all know that even if Valve made the Greatest PC Game that will ever be Programmed, it wont come anywhere near Close to Peoples Expectations, and would be a Disaster for them., so its best not to even try.

Us Gamers, indeed, are often our own worst Enemies.

I dont really care about horizon that much anyway i just want to know how FM8 will perform
#291 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 12:17:38 PM(UTC)
In terms of Sales?

I expect FM8 to have Extremely Poor Initial Sales due to People Justifiably being *very* Concerned given that FM7 was extremely Poor at Launch and only really Improved to "above Average" , it was a *Vastly* better Game when it went EOL than it was at Launch, being "Above Average" by the time it went EOL, rather than being "an utter Atrocity" like it was at Launch , but it still had a lot of Problems (such as No headlights in Tunnels) and was not a Patch on FM6 even by EOL, along with the Fact FM8 is doubtless going to have Pre-Order DLC, a Car Pass, and an Expansion Pass, whose Contents we will not know about, meaning we wont know about their Value for Money Levels, until the Content is Launched, which, in this time of Players becoming increasingly Hostile to such Anti-Consumer Business Practices ("Never Pre Order!" , and all that!) , is going to be a massive Turn off, and will also most likely Result in Poor Initial Sales Levels.

If FM8 turns out to be another FM6, ie a Real Return to form for the Franchise after a less than Stellar Predecessor, then chances are, once the Word of Mouth Marketing Begins and People see that FM8 is worthy of the FM nameplate, its Sales will make a Steady but Continual Upward Trend, with the Odd Skyrocket here and there when the Game is on a Reduced Price "Sale" or at Christmas Periods, with one Final massive Skyrocket when the Game goes EOL and People can pick it up, with all Its DLC and Patches included, Dirt Cheap in an EOL Discount Sale.

If it is another Stinker however... those Initial Poor Sales will tail off to a Boycott, and the Game will Belly Flop, which will not bode well at all for Turn 10.

However, given how much FM7 Improved over its Lifespan, I think T10 more than learned their Lesson, and I think that FM8 will most Probably be another FM6, and like FM6 will have Initially Poor Sales (due to Consumer Distrust sown by its Lacklustre Predecessor) that will, once word of Mouth gets out that the Game is actually a Corker, will Steadily but Consistently Trend Upwards, with Skyrockets over Christmas Periods and During Sales. I predict it will have the same Sales Pattern, basically, as FM6.

In terms of "Frame Rate" Performance?

I Predict 60FPS 900P Low/Medium on One Base/One S, but with HDR Optional on the "S" . 60 FPS at 4K with HDR Enabled at Medium/ High Mix on One X, and Ether 60-90 FPS (depending on if the Game uses DX12 or Vulkan, there are Reports MS wants FM8 on Steam and as Valve have made Windows 7 Support *Mandatory* until 2023, chances are, if there is any Truth in those Reports, MS will use Vulkan for the Game, and as Vulkan is more Efficient than DX1 it will most likely do 90 FPS rather than 60 on the Same "Series X" Hardware) at 4K or a Locked 60 at 8K, with Ultra on ALL Settings, and with enhanced MLAA Anti Aliasing (around 4 Level) plus 16 Level Anisotropic Filtering on top on the Series X. With PC running at whatever the best Combination of settings and Speed is for its Hardware set up on an Individual Basis.

Edited by user Sunday, March 8, 2020 12:34:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#292 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 12:41:39 PM(UTC)
In terms of Sales?

I expect FM8 to have Extremely Poor Initial Sales due to People Justifiably being *very* Concerned given that FM7 was extremely Poor at Launch and only really Improved to "above Average" , it was a *Vastly* better Game when it went EOL than it was at Launch, being "Above Average" by the time it went EOL, rather than being "an utter Atrocity" like it was at Launch , but it still had a lot of Problems (such as No headlights in Tunnels) and was not a Patch on FM6 even by EOL, along with the Fact FM8 is doubtless going to have Pre-Order DLC, a Car Pass, and an Expansion Pass, whose Contents we will not know about, meaning we wont know about their Value for Money Levels, until the Content is Launched, which, in this time of Players becoming increasingly Hostile to such Anti-Consumer Business Practices ("Never Pre Order!" , and all that!) , is going to be a massive Turn off, and will also most likely Result in Poor Initial Sales Levels.

If FM8 turns out to be another FM6, ie a Real Return to form for the Franchise after a less than Stellar Predecessor, then chances are, once the Word of Mouth Marketing Begins and People see that FM8 is worthy of the FM nameplate, its Sales will make a Steady but Continual Upward Trend, with the Odd Skyrocket here and there when the Game is on a Reduced Price "Sale" or at Christmas Periods, with one Final massive Skyrocket when the Game goes EOL and People can pick it up, with all Its DLC and Patches included, Dirt Cheap in an EOL Discount Sale.

If it is another Stinker however... those Initial Poor Sales will tail off to a Boycott, and the Game will Belly Flop, which will not bode well at all for Turn 10.

However, given how much FM7 Improved over its Lifespan, I think T10 more than learned their Lesson, and I think that FM8 will most Probably be another FM6, and like FM6 will have Initially Poor Sales (due to Consumer Distrust sown by its Lacklustre Predecessor) that will, once word of Mouth gets out that the Game is actually a Corker, will Steadily but Consistently Trend Upwards, with Skyrockets over Christmas Periods and During Sales. I predict it will have the same Sales Pattern, basically, as FM6.

In terms of "Frame Rate" Performance?

I Predict 60FPS 900P Low/Medium on One Base/One S, but with HDR Optional on the "S" . 60 FPS at 4K with HDR Enabled at Medium/ High Mix on One X, and Ether 60-90 FPS (depending on if the Game uses DX12 or Vulkan, there are Reports MS wants FM8 on Steam and as Valve have made Windows 7 Support *Mandatory* until 2023, chances are, if there is any Truth in those Reports, MS will use Vulkan for the Game, and as Vulkan is more Efficient than DX1 it will most likely do 90 FPS rather than 60 on the Same "Series X" Hardware) at 4K or a Locked 60 at 8K, with Ultra on ALL Settings, and with enhanced MLAA Anti Aliasing (around 4 Level) plus 16 Level Anisotropic Filtering on top on the Series X. With PC running at whatever the best Combination of settings and Speed is for its Hardware set up on an Individual Basis.

Perform as a game, i really meant whether the game will be actually something different and better this time or just the same soup like the xbox one gen games were, i want 8 to be another 4 in terms of quality but T10 lost my trust so i have no expectations and im ready for another 7 scenario
#293 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 1:25:09 PM(UTC)
I don't think we will ever see another Forza that is as good as FM4 was, Todays Developers (and this is across the Whole Industry) just don't have that kind of Talent or Passion anymore in the AAA Sphere, Todays AAA "Drone Hive" Developers, IMO, are *Literally Incapable* of making Games that Good! , but, given the massive Improvements that Turn 10 made over FM7's Lifespan, I think another FM6 is Theoretically Possible if they listen to the Community and make a *massive* Effort to make the best Game the are Capable of Making right now.

Like You, I am *very* Concerned that FM8 could be another FM7, A Developer is only as good as its Last Game, and FM7 was Extremely Lacklustre, which means Turn 10 are, currently, Extremely Lacklustre! so it makes good Common Sense to be Very Cautious indeed about FM8. I am going to wait until its out a good Six Months before I make *any* Decisions on the Game personally.

I just hope that it isn't another FM7, as it Will be a *Sales Disaster* if it is, and if that Happens, in all honesty, I can Personally well and truly see MS just Shutting Turn 10 down and outsourcing FM9 to a Chinese Team as a "Mobile Exclusive" Title, as Mobile is where the Big Money is Right Now I am afraid (and the AAA Industry will doubtless become even more Focussed on Mobile if Governments start Outlawing Lootboxes and Microtransactions in PC and Console Games, as they are threatening to do (and I hope they actually do start Outlawing them soon to teach Wall Street a Lesson!) but forget to Ban them in Mobile Games at the Same Time! they need to Ban them on Mobile as well as on PC and Console in order to really put any sort of Dent into Wall Streets Greed! ) and China is where most of the Mobile Game Developers are Located, and that would be a Massive Shame, as well as an even *Bigger* Disaster for the Franchise :(

I am Expecting another FM7 if I am honest, but, for Turn 10's Sake, I am fervently Hoping for another FM6.

Edited by user Sunday, March 8, 2020 1:36:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#294 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 5:59:10 PM(UTC)
I don't think we will ever see another Forza that is as good as FM4 was, Todays Developers (and this is across the Whole Industry) just don't have that kind of Talent or Passion anymore in the AAA Sphere, Todays AAA "Drone Hive" Developers, IMO, are *Literally Incapable* of making Games that Good! , but, given the massive Improvements that Turn 10 made over FM7's Lifespan, I think another FM6 is Theoretically Possible if they listen to the Community and make a *massive* Effort to make the best Game the are Capable of Making right now.

Like You, I am *very* Concerned that FM8 could be another FM7, A Developer is only as good as its Last Game, and FM7 was Extremely Lacklustre, which means Turn 10 are, currently, Extremely Lacklustre! so it makes good Common Sense to be Very Cautious indeed about FM8. I am going to wait until its out a good Six Months before I make *any* Decisions on the Game personally.

I just hope that it isn't another FM7, as it Will be a *Sales Disaster* if it is, and if that Happens, in all honesty, I can Personally well and truly see MS just Shutting Turn 10 down and outsourcing FM9 to a Chinese Team as a "Mobile Exclusive" Title, as Mobile is where the Big Money is Right Now I am afraid (and the AAA Industry will doubtless become even more Focussed on Mobile if Governments start Outlawing Lootboxes and Microtransactions in PC and Console Games, as they are threatening to do (and I hope they actually do start Outlawing them soon to teach Wall Street a Lesson!) but forget to Ban them in Mobile Games at the Same Time! they need to Ban them on Mobile as well as on PC and Console in order to really put any sort of Dent into Wall Streets Greed! ) and China is where most of the Mobile Game Developers are Located, and that would be a Massive Shame, as well as an even *Bigger* Disaster for the Franchise :(

I am Expecting another FM7 if I am honest, but, for Turn 10's Sake, I am fervently Hoping for another FM6.

I guess you've already forgotten you're switching to PS?
#295 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 12:38:25 AM(UTC)

FM7 was in the wrong place in the wrong time and in the wrong circumstances, T10 was and is massively hiring throughout FM7s life until now, and they now have 3 years of development instead of the usual 1.5 years, it might be another FM4, they promise it to be a soft reboot, and i doubt FM would go mobile, it would just get shutdown and make horizon the only forza

Edited by user Monday, March 9, 2020 12:40:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#296 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 5:31:29 AM(UTC)
i wond like to see forza horizon 5 set in ireland
#297 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:05:08 AM(UTC)
Kranktus! I KNEW I forgot to Mention Something! I am an Idiot! I forgot to Mention the Opening up of the PC Angle with FM8.

You see, I am seriously considering setting up a Dual Boot Switchable OS on My Main PC, as I am giving Serious thought to an RTX 30XX Series Graphics Card when they Hit (either a 3080KO a 3080Ti if Finances will stretch to the "Ti" Model) later this Year now that Metro Exodus is finally on Steam, and "Control" is very soon to launch on the Same Platform meaning there are some *Good* Games with RT Available now Outside of the Epic Game Joke!!

As far as I am aware however, RT-Works essentially Requires Windows 10 due to RT currently only working on DX12 (although NVidia are working with Idsoft so they can get it working on Vulkan as DooM Eternal is Vulkan, and with Take 2 on getting it to work on DX11.1b as Borderlands 3 is DX11.1b) , so I am considering a Dual Boot Switchable OS set Up with Win 10 (for RT Games) on a New SSD and 7 (non RT Games) on My old SSD, and if I do that, that Opens up Windows Store when I have Win 10 Booted.

There are also Rumours that FM8 may be coming to STEAM via either the Vulkan API or a "Downport" to Direct X 11.1b. So I may be able to aquire the Game, *if* it meets My Standards, via Steam if there is Truth in those Rumours.

So, basically, either Way, *if* FM8 meets My Standards (no Lootbox Gambling, No MTX, Highest Possible Technical Quality, ALL Cars available in Single Player- Even if, like FM7 (which i finally picked up in a Sale for £30 the other Week, and am enjoying it a *heck* of a Lot more than I am FH4!) I have to wait until the Game is EOL before I Purchase to get that Ability, and the ability to Play fully Offline Featured in the Game) I will Purchase it on the PC!

Best of all Worlds then :),no wasting Money on Series X, while, if FM8 meets My Standards, still being able to get My Forza Fix at, (although a reduced Resolution, only 1440P rather than 4 or 8K), a Considerably Higher Frame Rate and with the use of the Xbox 360 Pad that I Prefer for Control (i don't have Room for a Wheel, Pedals and Stick Shifter Unfortunately, the "Study" is only Tiny!) as I find it rather more Comfortable to hold than a "One" Pad.

Edited by user Monday, March 9, 2020 7:22:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#298 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:20:14 AM(UTC)
I hope You are right about FM7 being another FM5 WillMcNoob, and being the Wrong Game at completely the Wrong Time. I think You are Right however :), as the massive Improvements FM7 made over its Lifespan, the *Direct* Community Involvement with FM8's Development via Turn 10 and these Forums, and the Hiring Spree, all of that suggests that Turn 10 has learned its Lesson and FM8, which, indeed, is going to be a Soft reboot of the Motorsport Franchise to take it back to "where the 360 Left off" , should , hopefully, Result in another FM6.

Even with the 3 Year Development Cycle and all the New Staff, I Personally, think that another FM4 is too much to hope for, because I genuinely don't believe the Levels of Talent and Passion such a Game needs just do not Exist in todays AAA Game Industry, I do think however that it is going to be as Good as or better than FM6, which, IMO, is the best Forza after 4. If I had to list My Three Best FM Games its 1. FM4, 2, FM6, 3. FM1.

As for Mobile, Please Remember that the BIG Money is on Mobile right Now, so the AAA Industry is becoming increasingly Focussed on it, and they will only Magnify that Focus if, as I said, the Worlds Governments forget to Outlaw Lootboxes and MTX on Mobile Games at the Same time they Outlaw them on PC and Console Games. Please Remember, Micro$haft, Sahnee Corporate Extortion, Activ$ion, Evil Alliance, Take(n all Your Money) 2, etc are all the Same Entity, they are all just different ways of Saying "Wall Street" , so they all Act the Exact Same Way!

If FH5 is another "Forzanite- Battle Royale with Cars" it is going to absolutely Bomb, it will Belly Flop and hard, that is Inevitable, meaning MS will very Probably close Playground Games down and Axe the "Horizon" Side of the Franchise, , so if FM8 also turns into a Complete Disaster and MS decides to Shut Turn 10 down as well,....there is only one Path left Open that will Generate Profit... Mobile...

I am very worried indeed for the Future of Forza as a Result, so 8, in the name of Franchise Survival, really does need to be *at least* as good as FM6 if another FM4 just isn't Possible with Todays Industry.

Edited by user Monday, March 9, 2020 7:26:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#299 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:33:26 AM(UTC)
I think Japan is a great location. But if that were to happen, I think some more Toyota’s and other Japanese car brands would be in order!
 1 user liked this post.
#300 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 8:10:43 AM(UTC)
I hope You are right about FM7 being another FM5 WillMcNoob, and being the Wrong Game at completely the Wrong Time. I think You are Right however :), as the massive Improvements FM7 made over its Lifespan, the *Direct* Community Involvement with FM8's Development via Turn 10 and these Forums, and the Hiring Spree, all of that suggests that Turn 10 has learned its Lesson and FM8, which, indeed, is going to be a Soft reboot of the Motorsport Franchise to take it back to "where the 360 Left off" , should , hopefully, Result in another FM6.

Even with the 3 Year Development Cycle and all the New Staff, I Personally, think that another FM4 is too much to hope for, because I genuinely don't believe the Levels of Talent and Passion such a Game needs just do not Exist in todays AAA Game Industry, I do think however that it is going to be as Good as or better than FM6, which, IMO, is the best Forza after 4. If I had to list My Three Best FM Games its 1. FM4, 2, FM6, 3. FM1.

As for Mobile, Please Remember that the BIG Money is on Mobile right Now, so the AAA Industry is becoming increasingly Focussed on it, and they will only Magnify that Focus if, as I said, the Worlds Governments forget to Outlaw Lootboxes and MTX on Mobile Games at the Same time they Outlaw them on PC and Console Games. Please Remember, Micro$haft, Sahnee Corporate Extortion, Activ$ion, Evil Alliance, Take(n all Your Money) 2, etc are all the Same Entity, they are all just different ways of Saying "Wall Street" , so they all Act the Exact Same Way!

If FH5 is another "Forzanite- Battle Royale with Cars" it is going to absolutely Bomb, it will Belly Flop and hard, that is Inevitable, meaning MS will very Probably close Playground Games down and Axe the "Horizon" Side of the Franchise, , so if FM8 also turns into a Complete Disaster and MS decides to Shut Turn 10 down as well,....there is only one Path left Open that will Generate Profit... Mobile...

I am very worried indeed for the Future of Forza as a Result, so 8, in the name of Franchise Survival, really does need to be *at least* as good as FM6 if another FM4 just isn't Possible with Todays Industry.

By another FM4 i meant having FM4s features FM7/6 lacked, FM2 is a more desireable goal as it had visual customization on every car which forza lacks now, FM4 isnt a far fetched goal, there isnt that big of a difference between it and FM6/7, the biggest ups of 4 being the menu swiftness, some community features and the fantasy tracks which are returning (fujimi kaido hinted at too so thats a definite) to FM8. Menus? Eh not hard to do as they were hiring some UI people so i guess thats sorted out. Community features? The biggest and kind of only one people ask for from FM4 is private lobbies, whether that comes no idea. The car lists are kind of subjective but i prefer 4s, i still want more saleens, spyker and all the other normal/exotic cars todays forza doesnt have

Edited by user Monday, March 9, 2020 8:11:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error