This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<101112Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#276 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:15:03 AM(UTC)
Japan, Russia or Asia (Specifically myanmar/thailand). There is a mix of jungle/roads around thailand/myanmar that would be awesome in a game such as horizon. I realise this is from personal experience so won't go too far, but Japan or Russia both have their merits as far as Horizon games go. So either of those would be good.
But we haven't even seen what FM8 has to offer yet!
#277 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:27:32 AM(UTC)
Fictional location with EVERYTHING specifically designed to work as a racing game. I do NOT need a facsimile or have some half baked representation of someplace that won't be anything like the actual location.

It's a racing game, I challenge developers to actually use thier creativity and imagination to make a proper Forza game. Stem to stern. Enough of the Fortnite, dressup, nothing to do with driving or cars business. Just make a good game.

All that being said, I really don't care where it takes place as long as it's a COMPLETE game. Not missing major features like rivals at release or a big focus on what shirt or dance can be earned. This is NOT Fortnite!! It's Forza.

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:29:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#278 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:29:42 AM(UTC)
You just basically contradicted yourself!
They make up a proximal version of wherever. Some bits copied, some bits creatively controlled.
Everything they do is fictional, just some has a basis, as in the base game, some doesn't, as in any of the DLC's.
I don't care where it is as long as they get rid of that ridiculous time wasting wheelspin and dancing at the end of races along with clothes to customise. If they want you to customise they should give you the clothes from the off.
Then they can concentrate on what matters, the cars. The feel of the cars in Horizon 4 is slippy but in an unpredictable way. For me anyway. I can't drive RWD at all in this game! lol

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:50:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#279 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:41:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
You just basically contradicted yourself!
They make up a proximal version of wherever. Some bits copied, some bits creatively controlled.
Everything they do is fictional, just some has a basis, as in the base game, some doesn't, as in any of the DLC's.
I don't care where it is as long as they get rid of that ridiculous time wasting wheelspin and dancing at the end of races along with clothes to customise. If they want you to customise they should give you the clothes from the off.
Then they can concentrate on what matters, the cars. The feel of the cars in Horizon 4 is slippy but in an unpredictable way. For me anyway. I can't drive RWD at all in this game! lol

I'm curious, how did I contradict myself? I didn't go back on my opinion. I think it should be a made up, Forza world location. Since you mentioned it, just like the expansion packs. My statement of not caring where it takes place was NOT a contradiction, I don't want it to be somewhere geographically real, but I'm fine with it if the rest of the game is actually worth playing. THATS NOT A CONTRADICTION.

And yeah, I'm not an idiot. Yes, all of the maps are "fictional". My point was, and has been on this thread, that it doesn't NEED to be in Japan, or The US, or anywhere specific. In my opinion, that's limiting in what can be done. Kinda feel like you're arguing to argue, but thanks for the condicending explanation of how everything is fictional.

Truly, the fact that any of us think we have any say on what they will do in these games is just silly. They will make it how they want, where they want, with whatever little outfits and dances they decide to add.

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:06:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#280 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 4:56:02 AM(UTC)
A very hostile post. Why?
I was merely pointing out some things and you've taken it as a personal attack! Also i never called you an idiot or even implied it.
#281 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 5:48:28 AM(UTC)
Yeah, sorry. Doesn't justify but it's been a VERY bad few days. And there's admittedly times when I read too much into a post. There HAVE been a few people over the years that feel they can put people in their place on here, which I'm not good with. I guess I took you explaining that "everything is fictional" harshly. That felt a little condescending at the time, of course it is all fictional. I get a little too defensive. Especially when things aren't cool outside the game, so I do apologize.

As far as my point with this post, I am of the opinion, instead of an approximation of some city or country, I'd prefer a fully fictional, not based off a real place map. It's my thought that the map can be made to be much more diverse, much more inclusive to ALL driving/racing types. Again, just my opinion. There are many, many more important things I want done right in the next game. Where it takes place isn't at the top of my list.

Sorry for the defensive/snappy reply. Truly.

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#282 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 2:28:11 PM(UTC)
Go back to Colorado, but this time include a 1:1 recreation of Pikes Peak.
12 Pages<<101112Prev

Notification

Icon
Error