4 Pages1234PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:44:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
Who is this game aimed at? Home-schooled kids, dropouts, and unemployed adults? What's with these timed offerings in the middle of the day?

I actually have to work on Valentine's Day and can only take advantage of these offerings if they are still available when I get home at night.

Middle of the day here is prime time or the middle of the night elsewhere. They cannot make these convenient for everyone all the time.

Uh.... why can't they?

They can make a longer availability window so people from all time zones have a fair crack, or they can have multiple short windows that suit different time zones. Easy right?
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:03:38 PM(UTC)
I see 2 options :
1/ they released it by mistake on day one which explain it was available only few minutes with initial plan to have it on 14th ?
Or 2/ they are duplicating the "get the PO car for viewing the stream" followed by we offer it to everyone ...
I am quite unsure which one to prefer ....
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:51:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
That Chiron just looks silly.

Take the badge off and it looks like a toddler has randomly stuck pieces on to a swelled up F-Pace.

It's perfect for FH4.

To be fair.... all the LEGO cars look silly.

Not all of them. The Technic cars look awesome. But the Speed Champions cars fit with the rest, and it's what children get, so we're stuck with Speed Champions.

Back on topic, I think it's about time someone from Playground makes it clear how this Valentine's Day sale is gonna work and for how long the Focus PO will be available. The 20 minutes' availability during the stream was such a cheap shot, it's yet another thing that makes me sad about this game. It was not announced in advance and I wasn't able to watch it anyway due to appointments. BF sale was announced in advance with the complete list of all cars as well as the time frames they were available in.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
That Chiron just looks silly.

Take the badge off and it looks like a toddler has randomly stuck pieces on to a swelled up F-Pace.

It's perfect for FH4.

To be fair.... all the LEGO cars look silly.

Not all of them. The Technic cars look awesome. But the Speed Champions cars fit with the rest, and it's what children get, so we're stuck with Speed Champions.

Back on topic, I think it's about time someone from Playground makes it clear how this Valentine's Day sale is gonna work and for how long the Focus PO will be available. The 20 minutes' availability during the stream was such a cheap shot, it's yet another thing that makes me sad about this game. It was not announced in advance and I wasn't able to watch it anyway due to appointments. BF sale was announced in advance with the complete list of all cars as well as the time frames they were available in.
I am in total agreement with you!

2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
PG should know that this world has several time zones, and we are not 'at the same time' all over the world
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:26:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ALLSETFORMOVE Go to Quoted Post
PG should know that this world has several time zones, and we are not 'at the same time' all over the world

Yes this.
I just hope they give a chance to other people in other time zone.

When will we know the timing for this friday's shop?
#57 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:45:23 PM(UTC)
literally what? why do you people have such a hard time with this?

the car will be available for all time zones, whether you're on the west coast of the states at 3 am or in a cave in iraq at 2 pm it'll be available
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:07:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ALLSETFORMOVE Go to Quoted Post

I guess it's not that easy to find a time when 'the whole world is awake'. *irony*
 2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:29:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Whiskey Daniels Go to Quoted Post
literally what? why do you people have such a hard time with this?

the car will be available for all time zones, whether you're on the west coast of the states at 3 am or in a cave in iraq at 2 pm it'll be available

We have a hard time because we haven't been told how it's gonna work. If it's all day, there's no problem obviously. But they pull a 20-minute period out of the blue during the stream, they know there's confusion, and they don't clarify things.

This game has pulled all sorts of shenanigans when it comes to exclusive content, so we don't know what's gonna happen. People still buy stock Supras in the AH for surplus values despite being able to get it for cheaper on the Autoshow.

(which sets a very dangerous precedent for the next game but let's not get into that)
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:12:28 AM(UTC)
Perhaps PG did it this way to give people who watched the stream a reward and a chance to acquire the cars early. Also may encourage people to watch future streams.

Some have speculated that the three cars will be allocated 8 hours each. In another 5 hours 20 mins we should have a clearer idea on what is happening.

2 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:41:14 AM(UTC)
wrote:
Cor Blimey! For 24 hours, starting Fri 14th Feb at 00:00 GMT (Thurs 13th Feb 16:00 PT) the Forza Horizon 4 Valentine’s Day Sale will be on!

1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:42:14 AM(UTC)
So I hope it's for 24 hours.
#63 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:46:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps PG did it this way to give people who watched the stream a reward and a chance to acquire the cars early. Also may encourage people to watch future streams.

Some have speculated that the three cars will be allocated 8 hours each. In another 5 hours 20 mins we should have a clearer idea on what is happening.

That would make it impossible for a lot of people to get at least one of the cars. Either all 3 should be up 24 hours, or they should be on a rotation, where they will be available multiple times within 24 hours. Either on a 2 hour rotation, that would make them available 4 times within 24 hours, or a 4 hour rotation, which would make them available twice.

#64 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:53:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaBaKeIsaiah Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

That would make it impossible for a lot of people to get at least one of the cars. Either all 3 should be up 24 hours, or they should be on a rotation, where they will be available multiple times within 24 hours. Either on a 2 hour rotation, that would make them available 4 times within 24 hours, or a 4 hour rotation, which would make them available twice.

New consoles are on the way and they have Forza only so if they want to lost all last fans and have even worse launch than X1 they can create time windows :D
#65 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:11:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
wrote:
Cor Blimey! For 24 hours, starting Fri 14th Feb at 00:00 GMT (Thurs 13th Feb 16:00 PT) the Forza Horizon 4 Valentine’s Day Sale will be on!

Thanks for posting this, at least we now know how long it will be and when it’ll start.
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
 3 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:44:49 AM(UTC)
PG tweeted the schedule; For 24 hours, starting Fri 14th Feb at 00:00 GMT (Thurs 13th Feb 16:00 PT)

https://twitter.com/WeAr...atus/1227910294422392832

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:40:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:12:19 PM(UTC)
Hey guys Sorry I'm confused will the focus PO be avail add day? or just 6 hours and rotate the cars. I'm in the us on eastern time. If someone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.
#68 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:25:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MikeCoolGuy17 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys Sorry I'm confused will the focus PO be avail add day? or just 6 hours and rotate the cars. I'm in the us on eastern time. If someone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

It's 7:00pm thu till 7:00pm fri in your time zone.
I think it's not too diffcult for you to get this car.
#69 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:32:53 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:40:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LightH411 Go to Quoted Post

It's 7:00pm thu till 7:00pm fri in your time zone.
I think it's not too diffcult for you to get this car.

Are you sure? That's not clear to me. They don't usually post 4 cars at once.
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:41:44 PM(UTC)
I’m not sure they are able to post four cars at once - unless they can replace the emote and car horn with cars. If not, the sensible thing would be to have the FFPO take one spot for 24 hours and rotate the other three. Be interesting to see what happens in 80 minutes!
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:45:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I’m not sure they are able to post four cars at once - unless they can replace the emote and car horn with cars. If not, the sensible thing would be to have the FFPO take one spot for 24 hours and rotate the other three. Be interesting to see what happens in 80 minutes!

Didn’t they do the same thing with the F1, EB110, and 2 others that I can’t remember? It was around Christmas or the beginning of the year.
#73 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:01:52 PM(UTC)
Ah rings a bell now. They’ve definitely done it this time though. Five cars available for 24 hours - randomly they’ve added a Holden Sandman for 100FP!

Edit - and you can buy a second FF PO if you already have one.

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:03:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:04:24 PM(UTC)
My life is complete! LOL It's up now!

What's that bodykit all about?

Is that what people meant when they said it was "broken"?

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:35:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:18:09 PM(UTC)
I’m glad they made all those cars available at once for 24 hours, hate to miss out a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (and I missed out plenty before). Thanks PG!
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error