This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#451 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
Good to see everyone is still at it!!! Had some IRL stuff to handle but we are back haha...
 1 user liked this post.
#452 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 10:05:25 AM(UTC)
Hit 21s today. 2:21:4xx to be exact. Team SithSpeed Dodge Motorsport #8 Viper 😎
#453 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 11:47:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o Okierican o Go to Quoted Post
Good to see everyone is still at it!!! Had some IRL stuff to handle but we are back haha...

Welcome back buddy! Hope you/family are doing well! Now, get on the track.......🚦🏎........🚓👮‍♂️

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#454 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 1:31:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Using Minson's tune in the '99 Viper - 2:21.471
Screenshot on my Xbox feed in case I haven't beat my existing time around here

Found some more time to play 😃
Improved to a 2:19.849 in the TVR
 1 user liked this post.
#455 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 2:19:33 PM(UTC)
Quick run in the Ferrari 360 CS with non-aero tune I had shared a while back ago. Tune called SilvHLC

"2:17.278"
#456 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 5:44:38 AM(UTC)
Got a bit of seat time yesterday. Not a ton, but enough to drop down into the teens, at least. Build is slightly revised from v1 (bit the bullet and installed 245s on the rear, reconfigured the engine mods to drop the Race cams, some other bits and bobs), but the setup is more-or-less the same. Uploaded as v3.

Current best: 2:19.489

Not sure I'm good for much more than that, at least with the 930. Will try to get another run in today, but that may be a longshot. My computer died yesterday, so I'll probably be spending all my remaining weekend time troubleshooting that. Fun, fun, fun.

==

Edit to add:

What's up with the red highlight on some of the times on the leaderboard? I thought it was for a dirty lap, but apparently I was wrong.

Edited by user Sunday, February 9, 2020 5:47:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#457 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 8:35:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Edit to add:

What's up with the red highlight on some of the times on the leaderboard? I thought it was for a dirty lap, but apparently I was wrong.

There is only ONE driver within the DIRTY zone at the moment. Sometimes when you access the Google shared spreadsheet, it sets some add'l cells in RED, yet, that is an ERROR. Try a REFRESH.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#458 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 9:14:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Edit to add:

There is only ONE driver within the DIRTY zone at the moment. Sometimes when you access the Google shared spreadsheet, it sets some add'l cells in RED, yet, that is an ERROR. Try a REFRESH.

PRKid

I get this when I view on my iPhone. Everyone’s time below gtFOOTw is showing red.
 1 user liked this post.
#459 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 7:48:26 PM(UTC)
2:12.2 ZR-1 still sport brake, still no areo but a little stiffer with a lot of damper work and a little more accel on the diff. Lots of dirty 11.9's but I don't have much more.

Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#460 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 11:16:48 AM(UTC)
2:16.662 Still using the Ferrari 360
 1 user liked this post.
#461 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 4:25:51 PM(UTC)
It's satisfying to be able to maneuver between those walls without crashing... lol
Video link bellow...

2003 Ferrari 360 CS @Bathurst
 1 user liked this post.
#462 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 4:59:53 PM(UTC)
Bathurst has LONG been one of my most feared tracks...but I can now say I’m far more confident driving it. Nothing like ‘threading the needle’ thru the walls if The Cutting and descending from The Skyline perfectly. Poetry!

Official time.... Bathurst..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Dodge Viper 99..... 2:20:956
 1 user liked this post.
#463 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 5:47:55 PM(UTC)
Happened to notice all my build needed to qualify for homologation was a drop to Sport tires, so I made the switch, reconfigured some of the other bits to get the PI back up, and hit the track. Didn't notice any difference in driving character, but I was consistently over a second faster around the track. Given how the car drives, I think this will be the final iteration of the build. Not going to call the setup done just quite yet, though. Setup is uploaded as SGTI v1.1.

Current best: 2:18.569
 1 user liked this post.
#464 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 6:45:53 PM(UTC)
40+ laps over three days to shave OVER AN ENTIRE SECOND off my time. Excited, I go to the leaderboard to see how far up I moved...2:13.565. Same place and just 0.010 short of FastBud.

My heart was pounding out of my chest going through the kink in the chase. I think that’s all I’ve got in me unless I want to give myself a heart attack. Hopefully it’s enough.
#465 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 8:04:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TJToliver Go to Quoted Post

My heart was pounding out of my chest going through the kink in the chase.

This is certainly a tough track. Back on FM5 (my 1st game) this track was a NIGHTMARE for me to manage, especially during a Bounty Hunter event in which I did not get the award/badge. Thus, my heart pounds as soon as I get to the uphill section all the way thru the bottom of hill. Yet, the final braking after the straight could be challenging at time as well.....depends on Div/Class.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#466 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 9:06:58 PM(UTC)
Thus, my heart pounds as soon as I get to the uphill section all the way thru the bottom of hill.

Same. If I have a good run out of turn one, every moment after that is thrilling and terrifying at the same time. My build is all power (shared under keyword “Y2Queso”) so the two straights are where I make all my time. The challenge of this track has been really enjoyable. Getting in the flow on top of the mountain is mesmerizing.

Edited by user Monday, February 10, 2020 9:18:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#467 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 9:39:59 PM(UTC)
Turn 3 (left hander entry to the uphill section) is one of the most difficult turns from my experience. Still struggling every time to find the right line.
#468 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:23:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
Turn 3 (left hander entry to the uphill section) is one of the most difficult turns from my experience. Still struggling every time to find the right line.

Remember....."the walls are your friend"......😂......you need to feel comfortable getting within cm's of the wall, yet, making sure not to hit them, or, you'll be bouncing side to side.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#469 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:47:48 AM(UTC)

Remember....."the walls are your friend"......😂......you need to feel comfortable getting within cm's of the wall, yet, making sure not to hit them, or, you'll be bouncing side to side.

PRKid

I’ve found that running several laps in the cockpit view to warm up has given me a little more confidence getting closer to the walls on hot laps. I think it give me a better feel for the varying on and off camber corners.
 2 users liked this post.
#470 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:15:52 PM(UTC)
Final time for this week - 2:19.575 in a Lamborghini Jalpa.

Apologies to anyone who has a lap ruined with leftover TVR rear wings; Jalpa front wing or any Porsche pieces 😕, the walls weren't very friendly to me especially in the fast left at the top of the mountain.
Can they be returned to me via the Xbox app ☺

Edited by user Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:20:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#471 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:50:47 PM(UTC)

PRKid

For me its turn 2 (right hander) were I make or brake the lap and even if you don't dirty the last turn you can throw away 0.5s. Turn 3 took forever to get the dampers and decel correct so it didn't brake loose when you drag the untuned sport brakes. Too fast or wide and you push out, too close or too slow and it pulls in and you slam the wall, get it correct and you still need to manage the throttle up the hill. Hell I don't think there is a "simple" turn on the entire track. Tune for one turn and you screw up two others. I don't know how you can run this track on the controller, I'm 100% a slave to feeling the tires load up just before letting go.

I've found I can loose the left mirror and stay clean :-) !!!! One CLOSE SHAVE cruising through skyline......

Crash
#472 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:08:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

I've found I can loose the left mirror and stay clean :-) !!!! One CLOSE SHAVE cruising through skyline......

..........👍..😂

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#473 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:24:37 PM(UTC)
Some minor build adjustments, a few more laps, and a slightly better time. Car's slightly more stable now, especially during braking, and a little less likely to lift the inside front tire during hard cornering (note: I did not say "doesn't"). Setup is pretty close to done. Can probably make a few minor adjustments here and there, but any time improvement from here on out are going to come from me, not the car. Setup uploaded as SGTI v1.2.

Current best: 2:17.8xx

For me the killer turns are Sulman Park and McPhillamy Park (turns 9 and 10 on Wikipedia's map; the two back-to-back lefthanders with the apexes right on the crests of hills). I've eaten more than my share of wall and/or sand (and/or crow) on those two turns. Honorable mention goes to The Chase (turns 20-22), but that's primarily because the car's so unstable if you're not standing on the accelerator.

Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Apologies to anyone who has a lap ruined with leftover TVR rear wings; Jalpa front wing or any Porsche pieces...

Heh. Don't worry too much about them; I left my fair share of Porsche debris scattered all over the track.
 2 users liked this post.
#474 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:03:48 PM(UTC)
Bathurst is tough, but popular, and with over 9,000 drivers on the leaderboard it was always going to be difficult to keep up with the missiles at the top. The division did provide some very competitive cars, however, and it was good to see the variety used on our leaderboard.

Our winner, minsons, is definitely king of the mountain, pushing both the '05 NSX-R and the '99 Viper beyond the reach of our podium drivers, PTG Benny, and HLR Bubba. TJToliver is also worthy of a mention for winning Tier 3 by close to 3 seconds in an unfancied Jalpa.

Good to see 27 drivers again, and welcome back CostlessCape92, and o Okierican o.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: minsons wins a paint for his 2005 Honda NSX-R.

Tier 2: PTG Benny wins a paint for his 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR.

Tier 3: TJToliver wins a paint for his 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa.

Tuners Prize: minsons wins a paint for his 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Indiana to drive some hot hatch icons. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 17
B Class (B600 Max)
Indianapolis GP
Restricted to any car in the Hot Hatch Icons Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 19th February.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Hot Hatch Icons

2009 Ford Focus RS
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2009 MINI John Cooper Works
2007 Honda Civic Type-R
2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR
2004 Honda Civic Type-R
2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
2003 Ford Focus RS
2003 Renault Clio 16
2000 BMW 323ti Sport
1998 Volkswagen GTI VR6 Mk3
1997 Honda Civic Type R
1997 Honda Civic Type R FE
1995 Volkswagen Corrado

14 cars. The 97 Honda Civic will probably be the car to beat, but front or rear wheel drive?
 1 user liked this post.
#475 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:05:27 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for our Event 17. Good Luck @ Indy!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:17:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
45 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error