45 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#426 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 3:14:33 PM(UTC)
And this is not the first I’ve been wrong but when you have a car consistently 2 seconds better than the Vulcan you just have to give it a go. I tested some today and the standout for me was a Ferrari 599XX E. 🤯. Color me shocked because on paper it was about even with the Vulcan. So if you see it on the LBs don’t be alarmed. I got 3 PBs with Vulcan today but tomorrow I’m going to give the 599 a turn.

Currently 1:47:756 in the Vulcan.... testing the 599 XX E.... 1:45:381. Difference of 2.375 seconds. You do the math! 🧐😗
 2 users liked this post.
#427 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:49:17 PM(UTC)
Going to put this up here first:

Reason being I am not a drift guy. Every time I tried one of the drift-centric Forzathons I invariably spent the entire time swearing and flopping around the track like someone trying to limp back to pit lane with a busted tie rod. I hated them. Fast forward to today: When I broke the rear loose on the entry to Turn 6 I figured I was dead for sure. However, I managed to not only not die, but also kept the car on the track and more-or-less at speed. Made it look like I actually knew what I was doing (when what I was actually doing was soiling my digital whitey-tighties). Went on to best my previous lap time by half a second or so, so I left it at that for today and did the rest of my driving in test drive.

Current best (now with 100% more MEGADRIFT!™): 1:45.xxx

If anyone wants to see what sheer panic looks like, just watch that replay.

==

On the car: Tried a few iterations of the build today, and think I've settled on what I'm going to run. Setup is uploaded as HLC14 StkSusp v1, but as of right now it hasn't really been tuned at all. Got a clean 1:43 during testing and I still have a lot of room for improvement. Pretty sure I can break into the 1:39s if I get enough laps in before the deadline.
 1 user liked this post.
#428 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 9:58:07 AM(UTC)
When you exit the Esses with barely a lift at 150 mph..... when you are heel and toeing your way thru the Heel-and-Toe of the Boot.... when you are in that ‘groove’ where flesh and metal mesh in perfect harmony..... when you are one in the Force..... PRICELESS!!

Carved up Watkins Glen with surgical precision in a McLaren Senna to tune of 1:45:027. In testing mode..... now to try for an official lap on Rival mode. I highly recommend trying one to others. 😀😀😀
 2 users liked this post.
#429 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:04:02 AM(UTC)
Studied Rich's replay for a bit today and it's pretty clear I'm losing time because I'm losing time. Judging by the telemetry and the "spec summary" the cars we're driving are very similar. Still, got some solid ideas about where I could pick up a few seconds (almost entirely in braking later and deeper into the corner). Biasing the car more towards understeer would probably help improve my times, too, but where's the fun in that?

Made some minor adjustments to the build to get less fugly wheels on the car (and painted them piano black to ape the stock wheels that I tried desperately to keep), some adjustments to the setup to facilitate the aforementioned later/deeper braking, and hit the track. Brake bias is still kinda sketched in, but I think the downforce balance (ever so slightly front-biased) is pretty much spot on. Might be able to drop the overall a bit and pick up a few tenths, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Setup is uploaded as v3.

Current best: 1:41.327

==

Edit to add:

TT Isle of Man is one of the free games this fortnight, so I downloaded it and gave it a shot. I've said before that pushing a car towards its limits is something I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of, but getting within a country mile of the limits on a motorcycle is way beyond my testicular fortitude. This game is a very concrete reminder as to why I feel that way. It was comical how many times I died during the tutorial, even with all the assists set on "dumb video game player" and on a course that was more-or-less a straight line with a mild sweeper in the middle.

The guys that do that stuff in real life are certifiably insane.

Edited by user Saturday, February 1, 2020 8:42:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#430 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:32:15 PM(UTC)
Quick sit rep... JUST shy of breaking into the 41s..... and it is only the halfway point of the challenge too..... 😎
#431 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 6:08:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Quick sit rep... JUST shy of breaking into the 41s..... and it is only the halfway point of the challenge too..... 😎

..........👍

DJ Saoco
#432 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 6:10:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

TT Isle of Man is one of the free games this fortnight, so I downloaded it and gave it a shot. I've said before that pushing a car towards its limits is something I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of, but getting within a country mile of the limits on a motorcycle is way beyond my testicular fortitude. This game is a very concrete reminder as to why I feel that way. It was comical how many times I died during the tutorial, even with all the assists set on "dumb video game player" and on a course that was more-or-less a straight line with a mild sweeper in the middle.

The guys that do that stuff in real life are certifiably insane.

.....OMG........this is INSANE.....😂🤯😬🤔🧐.........😢

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#433 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 5:58:49 AM(UTC)
01:39.3 Zonda.
 1 user liked this post.
#434 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 7:13:39 AM(UTC)
Decided against adjusting the setup at all and just ran it as is. Brakes are right on the edge of being too rear-biased, and I'm sure one more full percentage would be about 0.8% too much. Lowering the front downforce a touch might facilitate it working, though, so if I get another chance to play (my to-do list is surprisingly short this weekend, but I will for sure not get time during the upcoming week) I'll give it a shot and see how it works.

Current best: 1:41.1xx

==

Edit to add:

Booted the youngest off the console and got a few more laps in. Briefly experimented with dropping the front tire width a level and adding more lightweight bits, but I wasn't a fan of what it did to the car's demeanor. Didn't seem to be any faster, either, so I reverted to v3, raised the rear downforce a touch, kicked the brake bias rearward 1%, and hit the track. Car was still stable under braking, so I guess the two balanced out well enough. Managed to eke out a few more tenths, and I'm sure there's enough left on the table that I could hit 1:39s if I had another day to run it. Setup is uploaded as v4, and it should be the final iteration of the build.

New current best: 1:40.516

Just a few hundredths off the Tier 3 podium...

Edited by user Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:29:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#435 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 8:57:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
01:39.3 Zonda.

....👍

DJ Saoco
#436 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 3:15:01 AM(UTC)
Reconciling my father's life with the Forza is proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Whether I have a chance to participate.
 1 user liked this post.
#437 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 12:25:37 PM(UTC)
Down to 01:38.7. Lykan. I think that's all she wrote from me! 👍👍
 1 user liked this post.
#438 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 2:36:28 PM(UTC)
Official time... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... The Glen...... Lykan HyperSport..... 1:42:064
 1 user liked this post.
#439 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 5:48:08 PM(UTC)
Tried to wring another 0.3 seconds out of the Zonda, but not dice. The car's capable of it; I just couldn't string together a solid enough lap. I'd like a bit more time to tinker with the aero and the newly-added Sport transmission, as I think a better balance could be struck than what I currently have, but it's not happening before the deadline.

Final time: 1:40.516
 1 user liked this post.
#440 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:24:41 AM(UTC)
Pretty poor effort from me this week. Have started using a wheel and the struggle is real. Had to go with an AWD just to get around the track
#441 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:01:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXXHilux Go to Quoted Post
Pretty poor effort from me this week. Have started using a wheel and the struggle is real. Had to go with an AWD just to get around the track

I feel your pain! Wheel plus no time leads to an utter fail...
15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#442 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:03:33 PM(UTC)
This event threw up quite a surprise with the performance of the Lykan. It did simplify my prize livery task, however with all winners choosing to run it.

Rich returned to claim the win from xAlea Jacta Est, who once again provided our drivers with some excellent setups to run. Much appreciated xAlea! minsons got onto the podium yet again.

Good to see 27 drivers back on track, but tier 2 drivers look to have taken a break. Perhaps Count Russcular's stellar time put them off, LOL. Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: THR Rich wins a paint for his 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport.

Tier 2: Count Russcular wins a paint for his 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport.

Tier 3: fifty inch wins a paint for his 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport. Check out that door!

Tuners Prize: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Australia to drive some sporting icons. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 16
A Class (A700 Max)
Bathurst
Restricted to any car in the Sport GT Icons Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 12th February.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport GT Icons

2005 Honda NSX-R
2005 TVR Sagaris
2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
2002 Lotus Esprit V8
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
2000 BMW Z8
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
1992 Honda NSX-R
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3

23 cars. The '02 Corvette must be a strong contender, but Bathurst could throw up something different.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:04:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#443 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:04:01 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 16. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:27:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#444 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:38:57 PM(UTC)
Super stoked on this week!!! I lost a bit of Forza time last weekend to watch about 10+/- of the 12 Hours at Bathurst and have been dying to get some quality time with Mount Panorama.
 1 user liked this post.
#445 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:45:38 PM(UTC)
This one ought to be fun. Bathurst has an interesting duality to it that I've always been intrigued by. Car selection isn't bad, either. Might give a Viper a shot. Will probably end up in a TVR just because, though. Can't go wrong with Team Hold My Beer.
 2 users liked this post.
#446 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:31:03 PM(UTC)
FYI.... My father’s birthday is 2/11. I’m going to visit him that morning and won’t be back until 2/17 late. So I’m going to be at Bathurst and I will have to take a mulligan for the following weeks challenge.

I set an absolutely rubbish benchmark time of 2:27:xxx tonite in a 92 NSX. I’m going to try another car tomorrow. Top of the bucket list is the 02 Vette. 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#447 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:28:49 PM(UTC)
2:17.612
TVR Sagaris
PTG Jamie's tune
#109 Hardcore

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:37:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#448 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 2:41:54 PM(UTC)
Gave a goodly selection of the cars a quick trial. Kinda interesting to drive a variety of mostly-stock cars (most just needed race rubber to get the PI somewhere in the A-class ballpark) back-to-back and see just how much variety there is in their personalities. The Aston Martin in particular was very obviously a different beast than the others; heavy and belligerent.

I also discovered you can pull most of the fugly '80s tupperware off the Porsche 930 (including the whale tail), so I think that's what I'm going to be running this week. Got my nameplate on the door and my THIS MACHINE sticker on the rear bumper already. Not crazy about the tire width selection (225 is the widest square setup you can put on it), but the car seems to handle a staggered setup better than most. Kinda toying with the idea of replicating a Singer-Williams engine as closely as possible, but we'll see. 500 horsepower in a car riding on 225s might be a bit much.

==

Edit to add:

The Singer mill isn't possible to replicate. 3.0L H6 swap tops out at just under 8k RPM with Race cams, which is over a grand short of what it should be.

Regardless, got the car up to 480 horsepower and the 225s are still holding their own, so that hurdle is cleared. Kinda happy with how the gearing and cams work together, so I may just leave them in there even if they're not the most optimal use of PI. Rest of the build is pretty par for my course; all the tuneybits, no downforce, wheels that look good, etc. Took a while to get a clean flying lap, but finally managed one. Did a cursory check on spring rates and camber, made some adjustments, and called it a night. Will hit the track proper tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'm way off pace on this one, so probably nothing too spectacular. Setup is uploaded as HLC15 Bathrst v1.

Current best: 2:21.352

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2020 6:19:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#449 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 2:42:50 PM(UTC)
2:22:790! Finally ! Bathurst is the hardest track for me. It must be the extreme elevation changes combined with the claustrophobic twists and turns at the top 🧐. Anyways, used the Viper. And finally beat the laws of phyics! 😗
 2 users liked this post.
#450 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 1:23:50 AM(UTC)
Using Minson's tune in the '99 Viper - 2:21.471
Screenshot on my Xbox feed in case I haven't beat my existing time around here
45 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error