3 Pages123Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:56:34 PM(UTC)
Yup, the Spotify app integrates with the Xbox One's "Guide" menu. If only you could turn off ALL music in the game though...
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:20:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Yup, the Spotify app integrates with the Xbox One's "Guide" menu. If only you could turn off ALL music in the game though...

Like what streamer mode does
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 3:53:03 AM(UTC)
Anyway Background Player is better than Spotify, because you can play your own music on USB as a background to FH4.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 2:59:24 PM(UTC)
No reason this shouldn't be added in. Code could literally be almost completely 100% copy and pasted.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:51:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rush OG Go to Quoted Post
No reason this shouldn't be added in. Code could literally be almost completely 100% copy and pasted.

oh really

it's that simple is it

are you an expert on coding now
 3 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:17:11 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

We all want this, the Forza Horizon 4 soundtrack is decent at best and lackluster at worst. Since the release, players have been begging for the return of custom soundtracks that were in Horizon 3. Unfortunately, the program it was based on, Groove, was retired and the feature not only didn't make it into Horizon 4, it was removed from Horizon 3 entirely.

The answer to custom soundtracks is ridiculously simple: Spotify.

Spotify already has good relations with Forza Horizon and Microsoft in general. Buying the ultimate edition for Forza Horizon 4 gave you a year's subscription for Spotify Premium. Spotify is the perfect contender to collaborate with Forza Horizon. Here's how it could be implemented. You'd have to own Spotify Premium to use custom soundtracks. That sounds like it sucks, but it would give Spotify some benefits to collaborating with Playground Games. Other games like Dangerous Driving have already done this. As annoying as that sounds, it makes sense from a business perspective. It also means the main soundtrack wouldn't get ignored or shoved to the side. Once you buy premium, you could link your Spotify account to your Microsoft account. You then could select any playlist as your "Forza Horizon" soundtrack, which could be changed at any time. In-game, Spotify would have its own radio station, and the music in the playlist you selected would play. You could maybe get a free Spotify shirt for your character to make the purchase more enticing. When playing, the music could be treated as if it were in the game by default. The music would stop when the game is paused, fade out when doing PR stunts, and get a reverb effect when pulling up to the festival, giving the illusion of a live performance. Horizon 3 did this well.

While it isn't implemented yet, the devs said this feature might be re-implemented if it was shown enough support. I see everybody asking for this back and we all need it really badly. My brain's gonna melt if i hear "don't ya don't ya don't ya know that it's commmmmiiiiinnnnggg, that it's commmmiiiinnnnngggg..." one more time.

Edited by user Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:35:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post
We all want this, the Forza Horizon 4 soundtrack is decent at best and lackluster at worst. Since the release, players have been begging for the return of custom soundtracks that were in Horizon 3. Unfortunately, the program it was based on, Groove, was retired and the feature not only didn't make it into Horizon 4, it was removed from Horizon 3 entirely.

Spotify already has good relations with Forza Horizon and Microsoft in general. Buying the ultimate edition for Forza Horizon 4 gave you a year's subscription for Spotify Premium. Spotify is the perfect contender to collaborate with Forza Horizon. Here's how it could be implemented. You'd have to own Spotify Premium to use custom soundtracks. That sounds like it sucks, but it would give Spotify some benefits to collaborating with Playground Games. Other games like Dangerous Driving have already done this. As annoying as that sounds, it makes sense from a business perspective. It also means the main soundtrack wouldn't get ignored or shoved to the side. Once you buy premium, you could link your Spotify account to your Microsoft account. You then could select any playlist as your "Forza Horizon" soundtrack, which could be changed at any time. In-game, Spotify would have its own radio station, and the music in the playlist you selected would play. You could maybe get a free Spotify shirt for your character to make the purchase more enticing. When playing, the music could be treated as if it were in the game by default. The music would stop when the game is paused, fade out when doing PR stunts, and get a reverb effect when pulling up to the festival, giving the illusion of a live performance. Horizon 3 did this well.

While it isn't implemented yet, the devs said this feature might be re-implemented if it was shown enough support. I see everybody asking for this back and we all need it really badly. My brain's gonna melt if i hear "don't ya don't ya don't ya know that it's commmmmiiiiinnnnggg, that it's commmmiiiinnnnngggg..." one more time.

truth question / no attack but "the devs said", what are you referring to ? you have a link to share ?
you can put the streamer mode on to get rid off the "don't you... " thing, sadly, it needs to be enable every launch ... ok, boring, but at least you can.
personally using deezer, with a correct mixing set between game sound and music sound, result is acceptable.
Like you, I miss the custom radio of groove. Nevertheless I'd like the game team to focus first on the game itself. Regardless to cars and driving, all that is menus is done 60% at most causing so useless activities and time loss for players. I hope next episode will bring some good news.

3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 10:46:06 AM(UTC)
My brain's gonna melt if i hear "don't ya don't ya don't ya know that it's commmmmiiiiinnnnggg, that it's commmmiiiinnnnngggg..." one more time.

That awful song has been permanently ingrained into my brain after hearing it over and over for 2 years in loading screens. I'm pretty sure I hear it playing in my nightmares.

Forza Faithful since FM4.
#59 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 12:36:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
My brain's gonna melt if i hear "don't ya don't ya don't ya know that it's commmmmiiiiinnnnggg, that it's commmmiiiinnnnngggg..." one more time.

That awful song has been permanently ingrained into my brain after hearing it over and over for 2 years in loading screens. I'm pretty sure I hear it playing in my nightmares.

I am playing too much and but I don't have that issue, I take the time to go to audio options every single time I start the game, I kind of chose between 2 annoying things. Streamer mode guys!

#60 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 7:49:51 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Yes! THIS is exactly what I wanted all along! It's NOT too hard, Playground! If Dangerous Driving can do it, then so can you! The normal soundtrack isn't that great, and the songs keep repeating during events and drone mode! I HATED IT! It happened in Horizon 3, as well. Not cool...

Edited by user Sunday, June 14, 2020 7:53:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:20:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHS97 Go to Quoted Post

Yes! THIS is exactly what I wanted all along! It's NOT too hard, Playground! If Dangerous Driving can do it, then so can you! The normal soundtrack isn't that great, and the songs keep repeating during events and drone mode! I HATED IT! It happened in Horizon 3, as well. Not cool...

Just switch on streamer mode and download either Spotify or the Soundcloud on XBOX. I have Soundcloud on my X1S and I have no issues. Licensing and copyright will always be an issue, thus installing the apps from creators whom own the rights to stream the song on their portals would be the better pick.

Edited by user Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:21:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:18:31 AM(UTC)
Having to use a streaming app to get rid of in-game music should not be the best way to do so in any game.

Why they are so insistent for us to hear those 'songs' (or as they should be called insults to music and to sound itself) I will never know, at least half of them are among some of the worst licensed tracks I have ever heard in a game.

When I put an extremely generic sounding electronic song as my #1 favourite and that other generic electronic one with the woman making the silliest 'ahhh ahhh' I have ever heard as my 2nd favourite you can tell how bad I think they are.

But hey this is Forza, the franchise that is the absolute king of changing things it already got right in a previous game.
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:21:09 AM(UTC)
I just use Spotify via gamebar. Works perfectly fine for me other than when there's festival music about.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:26:20 AM(UTC)
It seems an obvious question but yes, I have searched 'play own music' in the search bar.

Is there any way to, instead of listening to the radio channels, either:
a) Play Youtube audio or
b) Play MP3s off a USB flashdrive (or XBox hard drive)

in the background while playing the game on XBox One (X)
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 12:04:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarefulBerry850 Go to Quoted Post
It seems an obvious question but yes, I have searched 'play own music' in the search bar.

Is there any way to, instead of listening to the radio channels, either:
a) Play Youtube audio or
b) Play MP3s off a USB flashdrive (or XBox hard drive)

in the background while playing the game on XBox One (X)

Yes you can play music off a USB drive. There is a USB player app that you can download.. it's black. I use it, but it only plays the songs in sequence.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:58:24 PM(UTC)
Who thinks the devs should add a spotify station so we can play our playlists and other music like in fh3 where they added groove music? btw i want to see this in a future update

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:59:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:07:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BullCarriage Go to Quoted Post
Who thinks the devs should add a spotify station so we can play our playlists and other music like in fh3 where they added groove music? btw i want to see this in a future update

Everyone agrees with you. Sadly the budget for that went to sparkly clothes and BR (and Tegan and Sara).
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#68 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:40:26 PM(UTC)
True but they should have at least try.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error