73 Pages<<5758596061>>PrevNext
#1451 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:42:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Welp. It sounds like the Performante got the same old tired V10 sound instead of the R8/ID Zero Uno absolutely fantastic and incredibly accurate V10. Same engine in all 3 cars. LAMBORGHINI FSI 5.2L V10!! I'll give them a chance to fix it. If not I'm uninstalling and saying goodbye to Horizon until they get their sound sorted out. I've had enough of this lack of caring about sound. I'm out.

So they "fixed" the engine sound then?

Have not. If nothing is done about this in the very near future, I am done.

Yeah right. Nothing like giving a vague timeframe to give yourself plenty of "outs"

You won't do anything. All mouth, no trousers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a troll. I see you bud.
#1452 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:23:05 PM(UTC)
Welp. It sounds like the Performante got the same old tired V10 sound instead of the R8/ID Zero Uno absolutely fantastic and incredibly accurate V10. Same engine in all 3 cars. LAMBORGHINI FSI 5.2L V10!! I'll give them a chance to fix it. If not I'm uninstalling and saying goodbye to Horizon until they get their sound sorted out. I've had enough of this lack of caring about sound. I'm out.

Yeah right. Nothing like giving a vague timeframe to give yourself plenty of "outs"

Good one! Come on then big mouth, let's see you follow through with your hollow threats.
#1453 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:23:52 AM(UTC)

Good one! Come on then big mouth, let's see you follow through with your hollow threats.

I uninstalled the game one week ago, you want any proof? Also no big mouth nor hollow threats here, just an honest uninstallation.
#1454 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:52:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post

I uninstalled the game one week ago, you want any proof? Also no big mouth nor hollow threats here, just an honest uninstallation.

Ok. Good for you. Now show me where this was directed at you?
#1455 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:57:28 AM(UTC)
Gentlemen.

Let's please dispense with the hostility and quote trains.

✔ Verified Moderator

#1456 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:32:08 AM(UTC)

It wasn't directed at me, I was just having some fun.

#1457 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:49:49 AM(UTC)
So I've just played NFS Heat recently and I have to say jesus those cars sound AMAZING! The majority of car sounds in FH4 in comparison is utter garbage. Also in NFS Heat there's an option to fully customize car sounds so you can fine tune them to make them sound even more awesome and realistic.

Now you might wanna say but there're a lot more cars in FH4 it's impossible to make most of them sound accurate, which brings me to my next point: what's the point of having so many cars when 80% of them sound nothing like their real life counterparts? No matter how highly detailed the car models and how realistic the handling models are, bad sounds WILL totally break immersion. Is quantity really more important than quality? I don't think so.

wrong, heat sounds terrible, all cars sound around the same and some are really muffled (NO exhaust settings for a fair comparison to forza) literally the heat pista sounds like a vacuum cleaner, while it sounds atleast like a car in FH4, also the absolutely ridiculous overly loud shifts and the car spittng flames evey milisecond, also..no interior view in heat
#1458 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:53:38 AM(UTC)

i watched the all sounds from NFS heat video from FLG, my opinion? terrible, everything sounds almost the same, its either vacuuum cleaner or lawn mover, the shifts are way too OP and irl cars dont sound this aggressive, the exhaust tuning is just mixing between the lawnmover or vacuum cleaner, imo even FH4 sounds better than heat
#1459 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:43:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post

i watched the all sounds from NFS heat video from FLG, my opinion? terrible, everything sounds almost the same, its either vacuuum cleaner or lawn mover, the shifts are way too OP and irl cars dont sound this aggressive, the exhaust tuning is just mixing between the lawnmover or vacuum cleaner, imo even FH4 sounds better than heat

In certain instances FH4 sounds better, but overall it's not. For instance, I much prefer the Huracan P sound in Heat to the tired old weak FH4 sound. FH4 would win if they fixed all the engineering woes. So many just sound like they were engineered for only smartphone speakers ( No bass ). I literally have to apply an EQ band-aid in order to enjoy the bulk of FH4 and FM7 (-18dB high shelf at 132hz. Unbelievable ). If PG / T10 put as much effort into the rest of the cars as they have the 488 and R8, they'd be the clear winner.

Like why does the LEGO Porsche sound better than most of the actual Porsches ( aside from the Cayman )? Why has the R8 V10 ( which happens to be the exact same motor in the Huracan / Huracan P ) not replaced the current tired worn out old boring Huracan V10 sound? Why hasn't the Audi RS7 sound been used in the other Audis that use the same engine? Why does the BMW M4 sound more like a Skyline than the Skyline? Why does the Lykan Hypersport sound more like a Skyline than the actual Skyline? Decisions like these make no sense.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:46:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1460 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:50:33 AM(UTC)
So I've just played NFS Heat recently and I have to say jesus those cars sound AMAZING! The majority of car sounds in FH4 in comparison is utter garbage. Also in NFS Heat there's an option to fully customize car sounds so you can fine tune them to make them sound even more awesome and realistic.

Now you might wanna say but there're a lot more cars in FH4 it's impossible to make most of them sound accurate, which brings me to my next point: what's the point of having so many cars when 80% of them sound nothing like their real life counterparts? No matter how highly detailed the car models and how realistic the handling models are, bad sounds WILL totally break immersion. Is quantity really more important than quality? I don't think so.

wrong, heat sounds terrible, all cars sound around the same and some are really muffled (NO exhaust settings for a fair comparison to forza) literally the heat pista sounds like a vacuum cleaner, while it sounds atleast like a car in FH4, also the absolutely ridiculous overly loud shifts and the car spittng flames evey milisecond, also..no interior view in heat

Funny how we have the exact opposite opinions. I'm not gonna argue with you because I know I can't prove you wrong nor can you me either. I just state my opinions and whether you agree with me or not is entirely up to you. Although I do need to point out that including interior view in a sound related discussion doesn't really make your points any more valid...
 3 users liked this post.
#1461 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:15:47 PM(UTC)

Funny how we have the exact opposite opinions. I'm not gonna argue with you because I know I can't prove you wrong nor can you me either. I just state my opinions and whether you agree with me or not is entirely up to you. Although I do need to point out that including interior view in a sound related discussion doesn't really make your points any more valid...

Well i'm an audio engineer of 10+ years and an audiophile so I can tell you that, without a doubt, the last 3 Forza titles are engineered quite poorly. FH3, FH4 and FM7 do not make my subwoofer move much at all in most instances. Literally the best engineered part of these games is the intro, very few cars, and some FX. Wildy inconsistent. GT Sport makes my sub move, and so does Heat. They're the better engineered titles. By a long shot.
 2 users liked this post.
#1462 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:55:53 PM(UTC)

The Motorsport devs flat out said they thought the audio in NFS was great and had elements they wanted to replicate in the new sound engine, don't be such a fanboy
#1463 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:20:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
The Motorsport devs flat out said they thought the audio in NFS was great and had elements they wanted to replicate in the new sound engine, don't be such a fanboy

Turn10 is working for EA confirmed!!! LOL

Well i'm an audio engineer of 10+ years and an audiophile so I can tell you that, without a doubt, the last 3 Forza titles are engineered quite poorly. FH3, FH4 and FM7 do not make my subwoofer move much at all in most instances. Literally the best engineered part of these games is the intro, very few cars, and some FX. Wildy inconsistent. GT Sport makes my sub move, and so does Heat. They're the better engineered titles. By a long shot.

Someone who knows what he's talking about.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:23:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1464 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:37:27 PM(UTC)
Funny how we have the exact opposite opinions... I know I can't prove you wrong nor can you me either.

"There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people's eyes."

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
"Fixing" of the engine sounds is much harder than other "more apparent" problems.

As the sound can be very abstract and it's highly subject to subjectiveness...

Originally Posted by: ToreDL87 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
The new Supra is one of the better ones.

Nope its terrible, I've heard 2JZ-GTE's up close and in car and the one in the game is too low and doesnt cut it at all.

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:36:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1465 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:06:15 AM(UTC)

FM7 doesnt make your sunwoofer move but the sound samples and echo mixing are much better, being a audiophile doesnt make you any better
#1466 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:53:07 AM(UTC)
I sense a troll. Being a very accomplished audio engineer makes me quite knowledgeable on the subject. I do agree that the samples are much better, but the engineering just falls short so their quality is essentially canceled out. If they only sound good on small speakers, they're poorly done. End of.
#1467 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 7:09:18 AM(UTC)
I sense a troll. Being a very accomplished audio engineer makes me quite knowledgeable on the subject. I do agree that the samples are much better, but the engineering just falls short so their quality is essentially canceled out. If they only sound good on small speakers, they're poorly done. End of.

most of the community uses TV sound bars, integrated tv speakers or cheap audio sets, unlike audiophile freaks who spend new car worth on just sound, i only care about the samples not bass, you claim to be an engineer and that means nothing, you dont work at PG so your "expertise" is in the bin, also only childs bring the "troll" argument for opinions they cant handle
#1468 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 10:01:37 AM(UTC)

most of the community uses TV sound bars, integrated tv speakers or cheap audio sets, unlike audiophile freaks who spend new car worth on just sound, i only care about the samples not bass, you claim to be an engineer and that means nothing, you dont work at PG so your "expertise" is in the bin, also only childs bring the "troll" argument for opinions they cant handle

Not even gonna waste the time.
 1 user liked this post.
#1469 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 10:35:46 AM(UTC)

If you cared about sample quality then you would care about the bass frequency response, and if you knew anything about high quality audio you'd know you can have top notch headphones or real quality speaker setup for under a grand. Do us a favor and stop derailing the thread.

Also Teksenic I agree with most everything you've said on this thread but if you keep introducing yourself as "very accomplished" on an internet forum you are setting yourself up to be trolled.
 1 user liked this post.
#1470 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 11:22:46 AM(UTC)

If you cared about sample quality then you would care about the bass frequency response, and if you knew anything about high quality audio you'd know you can have top notch headphones or real quality speaker setup for under a grand. Do us a favor and stop derailing the thread.

Also Teksenic I agree with most everything you've said on this thread but if you keep introducing yourself as "very accomplished" on an internet forum you are setting yourself up to be trolled.

Noted
#1471 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 12:49:22 PM(UTC)

agree? he literally pointed out nothing except that hes the best sound engineer the world has seen so far, also by sample i mean the bassless pure soundfile, bass, crackles, turbo etc. are just addtional layers the game adds on top of it, and yes there are cheap HQ audio systems but normies and casuals are mostly absolutely clueless and just buy a overpriced soundbar, and i dont know what the **** is a bass frequency response, i rather have completely flat and accurate sounds, rather than bassy bad ones (as FM7 does sort of), with PG you cant have any expectations, there will never be a good sounding FH unless they hire someone on contract again like they did from FH1 to FH3, casuals dont care about sounds of cars, like myself, when i started playing i didnt even notice the sounds until i found the forums and this thread, and those casuals are the majority of buyers, all cars could have the exact same file and people would still buy it
#1472 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 1:05:22 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/MmtmsfT8KGk so the "best" sounding horizon? it sounds bad, worse than FH4 infact,most sound really artificial and computer generated, the turbo/supercharger /bangs are good but the sounds themselves eh not so much. FH4 reuses sound files and uses inacccurate ones but atleast they dont sound like they are completely computer generated

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2020 1:37:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1473 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 1:43:48 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/MmtmsfT8KGk so the "best" sounding horizon? it all sounds almost the same!, and its worse than FH4 infact,most sound really artificial and computer generated, the turbo/supercharger /bangs are good but the sounds themselves eh not so much. FH4 reuses sound files and uses inacccurate ones but atleast they dont sound like they are completely computer generated

#1474 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 6:28:43 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/MmtmsfT8KGk so the "best" sounding horizon? it sounds bad, worse than FH4 infact,most sound really artificial and computer generated, the turbo/supercharger /bangs are good but the sounds themselves eh not so much. FH4 reuses sound files and uses inacccurate ones but atleast they dont sound like they are completely computer generated

Dude, it's kids. They got no idea what the car sounds like. Fast Lane Gaming also glosses over his content, so you have people believing the SLS really does sound like that.

When I drove the car in the game I was very disappointed, actually. Sounds very bad. :(
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1475 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 6:29:18 PM(UTC)

Best engineered overall. There are some spectacular examples of engineering in FH4, but they're so far and few between that the majority overshadows them. Take all the Chevrolet stock V8 classics for example, none of them are engineered well to sound great on all systems.

All we want is for every car to be engineered as well as the Audi R8 / ID Zerouno. That's it. Simple.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2020 6:30:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

73 Pages<<5758596061>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error