This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
63 Pages<<616263Prev
#1551 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:15:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
so i got back from FM7 to FH4 to see the fuss about the LFA, then i noticed the sounds in FH4 were even worse than i remember! every piece environment overpowers the sound of the cars with them being really quiet compared to FM7 (even chanting crowds overpower the cars!!!), also i configured my equalizer for FM7 to be loud and bass boosted, i didnt change a single thing and FH4s sound million times worse, non-existent idles and low RPMs, and just generally the game lacks any bass or even volume, im shocked the sound designers werent fired yet for this horrible mess, ive never played a worse sounding car game

It's always been this way. Engine sound is muffled in Horizon. But there's people who think FH2 is "good", when it was one of the worst in this regard.

FH2 cars all sound like vacuum cleaners, its far from the best sounding forza, the best sounding one being ironically FM5, despite it being a lacking game it has superb sounds
#1552 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:03:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OnePoint21GWs Go to Quoted Post
The LFA isn't bad at all. It almost sounds like a modified version.

I'm the first to complain about the many, MANY beyond poor and lazy exhaust notes in FH4, but the LFA actually makes a nice noise, especially if you use Dolby Atmos. The thing just howls through Edinburgh.

True. Shame we can't get this kinda love in more. Especially the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches. Also the McLaren P1/12C. Idk what they were thinking by just doing some kinda weird pitched down Senna sound for those.

Yeah. I think we're all beyond bored with the copy-paste exhaust notes. And since they're all fake now, not actual recordings, I find it pretty disappointing that putting a "Race Exhaust" on a car doesn't change the sound at all. The opposite is important as well... some cars are way too loud for their stock form (488, for example). Interiors too; why is it SO loud inside the Urus and Bentleys? I dunno, I still get annoyed by the fact that even FH3 had different sounds for say an AMG 6.2 V8 and the TT 4.0 V8, whereas they're exactly the same in FH4.... and that the Shelby GT350 sounds completely wrong if you're driving, but great if the person next to you in the game is using one.
*sigh*
 1 user liked this post.
#1553 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:10:04 PM(UTC)
...im shocked the sound designers werent fired yet for this horrible mess, ive never played a worse sounding car game

Soon:

sound designer job

reqs: Playground Games is looking for a highly skilled Audio Designer to join our Forza Team. In this role, you will use your talent within the field of game audio production to help shape the soundscape of our titles.

We are looking for a passionate sound designer, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used in our games. You will be a team player, eager to share your own expertise and ideas in a collaborative environment. You should have a keen ear demonstrating an attention to detail with an understanding of what makes something sound truly amazing.

Skill Summary:

-Experience of working on current-gen consoles.
-Knowledge of modern implementation software such as FMOD or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
-A detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins a must.
-An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail.
-The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
-Location and studio based recording experience.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Experience in a post-production environment is a bonus, but not essential.
#1554 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:34:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
...im shocked the sound designers werent fired yet for this horrible mess, ive never played a worse sounding car game

Soon:

sound designer job

reqs: Playground Games is looking for a highly skilled Audio Designer to join our Forza Team. In this role, you will use your talent within the field of game audio production to help shape the soundscape of our titles.

We are looking for a passionate sound designer, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used in our games. You will be a team player, eager to share your own expertise and ideas in a collaborative environment. You should have a keen ear demonstrating an attention to detail with an understanding of what makes something sound truly amazing.

Skill Summary:

-Experience of working on current-gen consoles.
-Knowledge of modern implementation software such as FMOD or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
-A detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins a must.
-An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail.
-The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
-Location and studio based recording experience.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Experience in a post-production environment is a bonus, but not essential.

Yeah its great news but there are 6 sound designers at PG, i doubt 12 would do better since it looks like FH4 was made by 1 guy in the sound department
#1555 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 1:26:06 AM(UTC)
FM5 Shelby Daytona this is atleast how it should sound, not the best video but the best one i can find, still needs to be a lot more crackly and rumbly at idle and low RPMs
#1556 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 11:27:39 AM(UTC)
Yeah the LFA isn't bad at all....it's rubbish. I mean what is happening around 5000RPM, a hole in the exhaust?
https://youtu.be/_yAydvknAgY

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:08:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1557 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah the LFA isn't bad at all....it's rubbish.

atleast it has its own sound file, we couldve ended up much worse, the FH4 sound is accurate but too raspy
#1558 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 8:30:36 AM(UTC)

I'm the first to complain about the many, MANY beyond poor and lazy exhaust notes in FH4, but the LFA actually makes a nice noise, especially if you use Dolby Atmos. The thing just howls through Edinburgh.

True. Shame we can't get this kinda love in more. Especially the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches. Also the McLaren P1/12C. Idk what they were thinking by just doing some kinda weird pitched down Senna sound for those.

Yeah. I think we're all beyond bored with the copy-paste exhaust notes. And since they're all fake now, not actual recordings, I find it pretty disappointing that putting a "Race Exhaust" on a car doesn't change the sound at all. The opposite is important as well... some cars are way too loud for their stock form (488, for example). Interiors too; why is it SO loud inside the Urus and Bentleys? I dunno, I still get annoyed by the fact that even FH3 had different sounds for say an AMG 6.2 V8 and the TT 4.0 V8, whereas they're exactly the same in FH4.... and that the Shelby GT350 sounds completely wrong if you're driving, but great if the person next to you in the game is using one.
*sigh*

already said earlier that PG has/had access to better sound files in FH4 but for some reason only uses it on cars that drive by, i honestly dont know how bad of a job could 6 people do, they either dont have funds, dont care, or are working on FH5 already
#1559 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 8:33:15 AM(UTC)

*sigh*

and team page doesnt specify which team it is (PG has an RPG and forza team) so its highly likely theres actually 1 guy in charge of forza sound
 2 users liked this post.
#1560 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 9:37:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah the LFA isn't bad at all....it's rubbish. I mean what is happening around 5000RPM, a hole in the exhaust?

You are actually serious, aren't you? Did you even try to search for LF-A exhaust sounds on YT before posting this nonsense post? Or have you ever herd sound of LF-A exhaust in person?

LF-A sounds good and shows that PG are capable of making great engine noises.

#1561 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:48:39 PM(UTC)
Wishfull thinking but i wish they would actually record the daytona, i believe this one is being driven on spa on track days so recording it shouldnt be a problem as its still driving, but sadly that wont happen, i dont think any game got its sound right. ever.
#1562 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:57:47 PM(UTC)
Wishfull thinking but i wish they would actually record the daytona, i believe this one is being driven on spa on track days so recording it shouldnt be a problem as its still driving, but sadly that wont happen, i dont think any game got its sound right. ever.

Man, we're never gonna hear anything like that in Forza. Wishful thinking indeed.
#1563 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:40:32 AM(UTC)

Man, we're never gonna hear anything like that in Forza. Wishful thinking indeed.

I actually think the dodge charger daytona in-game sounds a lot more like the shelby daytona, shelbys sound is the cobra 427 sound file with a higher pitch currently, i mean the closest sound for it is in assetto corsa but the problem is that the sound file is a drive-by on a loop from a youtube video, it sounds distant and wobbly, if AC cant get it right forza wont definitely, im open to surprises but i doubt the car specifically will sound good in a game until someone is willing to go to spa with mics
 2 users liked this post.
#1564 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:33:33 AM(UTC)

*sigh*

already said earlier that PG has/had access to better sound files in FH4 but for some reason only uses it on cars that drive by, i honestly dont know how bad of a job could 6 people do, they either dont have funds, dont care, or are working on FH5 already

And the opposite.... the LFA sounds good, but when one drives by it's just a Huracan's exhaust note. So no dual tunnel howling... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I just want PG and T10 to work together and give us a single title with both open world and track motorsport. Like TDU2, but much better. Fantasy tracks out in the world, real tracks via portals or whatever, etc. The two truly working in tandem would make both sides better at what they do.
 1 user liked this post.
#1565 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:38:49 AM(UTC)

And the opposite.... the LFA sounds good, but when one drives by it's just a Huracan's exhaust note. So no dual tunnel howling... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I just want PG and T10 to work together and give us a single title with both open world and track motorsport. Like TDU2, but much better. Fantasy tracks out in the world, real tracks via portals or whatever, etc. The two truly working in tandem would make both sides better at what they do.

YES! I have hopes that this is what T10 means by the new one being a totally new experience. Fingers crossed.

#1566 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:46:34 AM(UTC)

YES! I have hopes that this is what T10 means by the new one being a totally new experience. Fingers crossed.

I must have missed them saying that. Well now I hope so too lol.

But really, keeping it on-topic, the two working together would undoubtedly result in the best sounding racing game ever. Sometimes Motorsport nails the sound of a car, sometimes it's Playground. Sometimes neither... Both have gotten great at tunnel noise, but both also still seem to think it's quieter when you put the roof down on most convertibles lol.
#1567 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 2:45:51 PM(UTC)

But really, keeping it on-topic, the two working together would undoubtedly result in the best sounding racing game ever. Sometimes Motorsport nails the sound of a car, sometimes it's Playground. Sometimes neither... Both have gotten great at tunnel noise, but both also still seem to think it's quieter when you put the roof down on most convertibles lol.

https://www.trueachievem...orsport-8-xbox-series-x << Just one of the many places where it's said.
 1 user liked this post.
#1568 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 6:33:56 AM(UTC)

https://www.trueachievem...orsport-8-xbox-series-x << Just one of the many places where it's said.

And both the audi R8 and LFA still sound bad in fh4, no bass in high RPMs and the overall sound processing they do is terrible, even a 2012 NFS got it way better, lets be real not even the sounds they record are good enough to even touch what the real deal sounds like with how they process it, they just have no idea how cars should sound
#1569 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 1:21:23 PM(UTC)
The sounds in FH3 are generally better than those in FH2. They're usually much richer and louder, even those directly ported from FH2, and that's a BIG reason.

They're also generally better than in FH4 since, if you add a pair of huge turbos, you hear them spooling and they're LOUD. In FH4 if you add turbos it doesn't make a difference, you need to REALLY pay attention to hear them. And that's a big turn off to me since when I add turbos I want to hear them.

Imagine a Huracán twin turbo in which you can't hear the turbos. Doesn't work, right? Well, that's how it is in FH4. It's not even because of realism since the UGR Lambos have very loud turbos.

There are sounds in FH3 which are worse than in FH4. The Lambos for example are all worse, with exception of Gallardo. The Diablo has a weird whirring sound that makes it feel like a hybrid Murciélago/Diablo. Countach is worse.

Chevelle on the other hand is one of the best FH3 sounds and in FH4 it's horrible.

Edited by user Monday, February 17, 2020 1:23:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#1570 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 2:28:57 PM(UTC)

And both the audi R8 and LFA still sound bad in fh4, no bass in high RPMs and the overall sound processing they do is terrible, even a 2012 NFS got it way better, lets be real not even the sounds they record are good enough to even touch what the real deal sounds like with how they process it, they just have no idea how cars should sound

I don't think the Audi R8 ( 5.2L FSI V10 ) sounds bad at all. I've driven one and the sound game is really accurate in cockpit view. All I really care about is cockpit view anyways tho so maybe it's just me. When I get in a car in this game I want to feel like I'm in it. I buy this game so I can drive cars that I'm either unable, or unwilling, to purchase in real life. It saves me a good chunk of coin. I love Forza Horizon for this reason. It's as close to the real thing as we can get in the gaming realm.

If there's no bass in cockpit view the immersion is broken, and I'm complaining about it. I'm still mad that the LEGO Porsche 911 has a better sound than literally any other 911 in game. I also cannot get why they haven't replaced all instances of the 5.2L V10 with the Audi R8 / ID Zerouno sound. They're literally the same engine. ID Zerouno is a Huracan with a different body. It literally sounds the same. R8 is only slightly different, but is also basically a Huracan. Really grinds my gears that they haven't updated the Huracans, and Gallardo to have this sound.

I mean listen to this >> https://youtu.be/eKC_myotIYU?t=30

Something else that drives me absolutely bananas is that the modern BMW M cars sound like Nissan Skylines, and the Skylines all sound like trash when they don't have to. Jump in a M4 ,M2, or 1M and tell me that doesn't sound like a R33 / R34. Sure doesn't sound like any BMW M car that I've driven.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there, but this subject gets me so heated. How can they have this much carelessness with the audio. AUDIO IS A BIG DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO CARS!!

Edited by user Monday, February 17, 2020 2:47:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1571 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 9:46:13 PM(UTC)

I don't think the Audi R8 ( 5.2L FSI V10 ) sounds bad at all. I've driven one and the sound game is really accurate in cockpit view. All I really care about is cockpit view anyways tho so maybe it's just me. When I get in a car in this game I want to feel like I'm in it. I buy this game so I can drive cars that I'm either unable, or unwilling, to purchase in real life. It saves me a good chunk of coin. I love Forza Horizon for this reason. It's as close to the real thing as we can get in the gaming realm.

If there's no bass in cockpit view the immersion is broken, and I'm complaining about it. I'm still mad that the LEGO Porsche 911 has a better sound than literally any other 911 in game. I also cannot get why they haven't replaced all instances of the 5.2L V10 with the Audi R8 / ID Zerouno sound. They're literally the same engine. ID Zerouno is a Huracan with a different body. It literally sounds the same. R8 is only slightly different, but is also basically a Huracan. Really grinds my gears that they haven't updated the Huracans, and Gallardo to have this sound.

I mean listen to this >> https://youtu.be/eKC_myotIYU?t=30

Something else that drives me absolutely bananas is that the modern BMW M cars sound like Nissan Skylines, and the Skylines all sound like trash when they don't have to. Jump in a M4 ,M2, or 1M and tell me that doesn't sound like a R33 / R34. Sure doesn't sound like any BMW M car that I've driven.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there, but this subject gets me so heated. How can they have this much carelessness with the audio. AUDIO IS A BIG DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO CARS!!

FH3 had more bass than FH4 and it was criticized for lack of bass...

They changed the 1M to sound more like an N55 but the other cars weren't updated. The M4 has never sounded accurate in Forza, I know the M4 in FM6 is a mishmash of BMW sounds but it's not accurate. In FH3 and 4 the JDM I6 sound was used (I don't know if it's supposed to be a Supra, Skyline or whatever, I used to think it was a Supra but it's not the case).

The Audi R8 is accurate, it's just that the mixing and quality are gimped in FH4 for some reason. Sometimes in this game you'll hear abrupt transition between rpm ranges, which is very weird.

Edited by user Monday, February 17, 2020 9:47:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1572 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 11:00:49 PM(UTC)
I know this doesn't add much to the thread but FH3 sounds are far, FAR superior to FH4 sounds any given day of the week.
#1573 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:11:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
I know this doesn't add much to the thread but FH3 sounds are far, FAR superior to FH4 sounds any given day of the week.

True that, the HW mustang is nuts in FH3 in terms of sound, unfortunately i dont think FH4s sound engine will go away in the next games
63 Pages<<616263Prev

Notification

Icon
Error