1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:04:36 PM(UTC)
So, I love doing time trials. Just me, a bunch of cars and a track. I believe I actually took nearly every FM7 car around the Top Gar Test Track. That was fun. Long form time trials I think are the best. I'm kind of finishing up a Dirt Rally 2.0 Championship using the two longest stages from every course. It's long. Really long. Like each car takes over two hours to do all of them. But...still fun.

Anyway, one thing I've always wanted to do was a Nurburgring time trial. Just take every car in a game and take them around the Green Hell. But...which game? Why chose? Why not...well, not all of them, but a lot. I was gonna go as far back as PGR2, but unlocking the Nurburgring and all the cars I'd need for a run is...an insane amount of work. So that's out. PGR3 is in minus the unlockable cars 'cause....I don't want to spend 20 hours with each of these games unlocking everything.

Anyway, the list of games is as follows:

Nurburgring Endurance/24H (16 miles):

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360)
Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360)
GTR2 (PC *mod*)
Assetto Corsa (PS4)
Project Cars 2 (PS4)
Forza Motorsport 7 (PC)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Nurburgring Nordschliefe (13 miles)
Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Need For Speed Shift 2: Unleashed (PC)

To be added later:
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
Tourist Trophy (PS2)
Ride 3 (PS4)

Rules:
- To keep this from taking the longest it can take, I'm allowing handling upgrades from the games that do upgrades. Like GTS has tires, FM games have brakes, tires, suspension, etc.
- No penalties. Rally style times. If I go off the track or accidentally cut a corner...oh well. And I AM trying for legit times. This one can be the annoying part. Like for Assetto Corsa, to get this, I have to do a race with a single very easy opponent. I still get a time, but if I go to Time Trail, I can't turn penalties off.
- 1 Lap. Simple.

The Issues:
- PGR games won't have EVERY car. Actually PGR4 will 'cause all I had to do was unlock the track.
- GTS probably won't include EVERY car...at least not for a while 'cause...those 20 million credit cars, man...I'll probably just buy the rest, though.
- Unleashed 2 is gonna be a The Works run. 'Cause...It can be. And Shift 2 so far, has the worst handling of the games I tested. It's a meh game. But I wanted to be thorough.
- No Unleashed 1 because....the vehicle list between the two is nearly identical and I don't feel like running the same cars back to back. At least PGR has much more variety. I mean, I think Unleashed 2 only added like maybe 6 cars or so. But, that's kind of par for the course of the NFS series.

Other stuff:
- I think after dry runs, I'll go back and do snow/dynamic weather runs.

Anyway, I'm still setting up stuff. I'll post a link to my spreadsheets once I really start in at it.
#2 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 7:39:26 PM(UTC)
It sounds like a cool project!
Forza Fan since 2015

Notification

Icon
Error