This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:10:53 AM(UTC)
Today I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 just to give this game Demo a try (because it looks awesome). However, when I started the game (demo) I got to the part where it transitions to winter and you get the truck and it crashes to desktop. This happened 3+ times. I also had some weird crashes where the game would start then it just crashes to the desktop before the start screen.

My Nvidia drivers are up to date.

I have a decent system and should be able to play on ultra (tried bot 4k and 1080, both crashed)

I read some posts about something having to do with memory issues... that also should not be an issue since I have 32Gb DD4.

anyway... kind of wishing I never upgraded to windows 10. Heard it had issues but thought most were fixed.

Any tips to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

spec:
Win 10
I7 9700k
32Gb (3.2GHz) DDR4
RTX 2080 Super
MSI Z390 Pro Carbon AC
1TB SSD
#2 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 6:20:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sinissterpie Go to Quoted Post
Today I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 just to give this game Demo a try (because it looks awesome). However, when I started the game (demo) I got to the part where it transitions to winter and you get the truck and it crashes to desktop. This happened 3+ times. I also had some weird crashes where the game would start then it just crashes to the desktop before the start screen.

My Nvidia drivers are up to date.

I have a decent system and should be able to play on ultra (tried bot 4k and 1080, both crashed)

I read some posts about something having to do with memory issues... that also should not be an issue since I have 32Gb DD4.

anyway... kind of wishing I never upgraded to windows 10. Heard it had issues but thought most were fixed.

Any tips to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

spec:
Win 10
I7 9700k
32Gb (3.2GHz) DDR4
RTX 2080 Super
MSI Z390 Pro Carbon AC
1TB SSD

its a demo only issue, it uses a pre-realese version which is way broken then the current one, honestly just try teh game with the 1 dollar 1 month gamepass
#3 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 9:43:47 AM(UTC)
Review the articles at Forza Support for possible solutions, and if you're still experiencing the issue, use the Submit a Ticket at the bottom of each article so the support team can investigate.

Notification

Icon
Error