2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:09:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks all, ended up doing it in the F-Pace, though the win was more down to a decent team then anything else. While it does seem that the Macan and Urus are dominant I always like to try something I haven't driven much before if I can.

I used Mercedes 6x6 - it's beast :D!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:23:45 AM(UTC)
Only in Forza could a car come off worst in a car vs bike collision.

Last bike at the end in the Showcase Remix cut across, collided into me and sent me spinning out of control, thank God for rewind.
#28 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:36:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

Last bike at the end in the Showcase Remix cut across, collided into me and sent me spinning out of control, thank God for rewind.

https://www.reddit.com/r...mqo/i_beated_the_system/
#29 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:56:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MG84PL Go to Quoted Post
Thanks all, ended up doing it in the F-Pace, though the win was more down to a decent team then anything else. While it does seem that the Macan and Urus are dominant I always like to try something I haven't driven much before if I can.

Drives like one too, that thing can't turn.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#30 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 9:09:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

https://www.reddit.com/r...mqo/i_beated_the_system/

Be even more hilarious and ridiculous if they ever try giving us the Gurkha for that showcase.
#31 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:11:41 AM(UTC)
Or the Warthog, proving that even futuristic warcraft can’t do anything against bikes
#32 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:28:54 AM(UTC)
Someone mentioned the rain earlier. I realize they get a fair amount of rain in that area in the summer but it's a game and the seasons only last a week. The least they could do is give us a week of sun and dry roads.
#33 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 2:37:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
The motocross race was easier than normal. I usually have to do it at least a couple of times because Blue edges me out at the end. But this time I had no trouble at all keeping up with the bikes. In fact, the only time I had to rewind was when I got too close to the bikes, and they ran into me and shoved me off the track. Blue did it to me twice near the end, and I had to actually slow down to beat him. If they weren't on rails, I think I could have even gotten ahead of them.

The same thing always happens to me in the hovercraft showcase where it always bumps you out of the way.
#34 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 4:38:57 PM(UTC)
I learned in the muscle car championship that ABS on sucks really bad in the game. Even poor braking with ABS off is better!
#35 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:06:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
The motocross race was easier than normal. I usually have to do it at least a couple of times because Blue edges me out at the end. But this time I had no trouble at all keeping up with the bikes. In fact, the only time I had to rewind was when I got too close to the bikes, and they ran into me and shoved me off the track. Blue did it to me twice near the end, and I had to actually slow down to beat him. If they weren't on rails, I think I could have even gotten ahead of them.

The same thing always happens to me in the hovercraft showcase where it always bumps you out of the way.

I've run into the hovercraft in the last two remixes. It's best just to slow down and stay out of their way, and wait for the scripted passing opportunities, which unfortunately tend to be pretty much at the finish line.

At least the jet isn't on the ground. SO maybe we'll have better luck with that one.
#36 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 9:25:08 PM(UTC)
sweet jesus that trail is so broken
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:09:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Drives like one too, that thing can't turn.

Yes, but handbrake is your friend.
On straight bumpy road and jumps, Merc is unstoppable. My tune include V12 racing engine swap :).

Edited by user Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:10:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:28:41 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal. All tunes are my own, all shared (when used).

First up, "team shared experience events" ~
**Trial: "Cross Country Heroes" | Cross Country | (A800) Sports Utility Heroes
**Car used: Porsche 2015 Macan Turbo (Autoshow, 105,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 CC Trial

This weeks trial was without a doubt, my worst trial experience with the trial since I started playing Forza (when the Rimac was first released). I am not certain how many times I tried the trial before I finally had success, but it was a lot.
Some of it was my fault, stuff like the first three attempts of the trial, I missed the last check point in the final race, each time going from 2nd to around 8~10th, at which point I immediately quit in the hope (my understanding) the a.i. would lose the points it gained and at least the team might win (at least for two of those runs, I recall the other was lost regardless).
Other faults - sudden disconnects, I swear Forza has the most unreliable servers after Microsoft (while sometimes I may have a local network issue, it is not as numerous as what happens in this game, and it is easy to see the issue is not me when nothing else has an issue i.e. the old "unable to connect etc" when everything else is telling me I am connected).
And of course bad team mates - i.e. how do you all (all 5 teammates) go from 4th ~ 8th (and so winning) to dead last in the the final seconds count down on the results screen (and so losing)? What happened?!
Due to many attempts did see some 'odd' things, such as:
- I am in third, team mate is in second, a.i. is in first, I can see all of them clearly, suddenly an a.i. car pops into existence in first place, bumping everyone down one spot. Really? They teleport now?
- Results screen, we have won, last few racers are finishing, count down is going, 1000 points disappear from our team, appear on a.i. team, no ones finish position changes.
- A.i. been aggressive to other a.i. so much so they take half the field out, this usually happened on the circuit track in the first lap, although did see it in the other tracks, was always near the start.
- A.i. will be a master of the track from a distance (can clearly see them, not sure how to rate 'game distance'), yet as you gain on them, their performance level drops, they go from perfect racing line driving to sliding sideways and fishtailing in corners, if they get away from you, perfect again.
Anyway, tune and car, tested before running in trial, even with my less than perfect skill was able to beat unbeatable or get a high finish position - I am not the best driver,unbeatable is very much as its name suggests to me, so if I win, I figure it is good car and tune choice. Online (trial) is slightly different of course, I feel they are easier to beat. Tune is engine swapped, running offroad tires with widebody, build is lighter than stock version.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Bamburgh Castle | (B700) Hot Hatch
**Car used: Vauxhall 2009 Corsa VXR
**Tune: B700 Games Sand

Won on second attempt. Car/tune is good in the sand, and the bumps at Bamburgh, does not tend to flip (tried to flip it while testing - it will flip, but not often), reasonably fast acceleration across the beach area, car is small which I feel makes it harder to tag. FWD running rally tires, rally suspension.

Next, solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Shummer Nights" | Cross Country | (A800) Offroad
**Car used: Ford 2017 F-150 Raptor (Autoshow, 63,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 CC Offroad

Ran with a tune from a previous trial - last winter? Easy win, was able to get ahead quickly and stay ahead in to the finish, only troublesome race is the aerodrome one, took longer to get in front due to nature of the track. tune is engine swapped, twin turbo, running offroad tires.

**Championship: "Flex Your Muscles" | Road Racing | (B700) Classic Muscle
**Car used: Holden 1977 Torana A9X (Autoshow, 130,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Dirt SC

This tune is also a tune from a previous trial. Easy easy win, out turns, and out grips the a.i. - and - Ambleside Village Circuit, no issue at all. The last race (well what I did last, NW on map) is the only one that has potential to be an issue, my tune will do around 210km/h (130mph) max, the 'last' race has what is essentially a long straight away at the end, if you are not far enough in front of the pack some of the faster cars in the class can catch and pass you. As stated, tune is a tune used on a previous trial, it is set up for dirt racing, running rally tires, however this set of races are quite wet so the tires work well here. AWD swap, rally tires, engine not swapped running supercharger.

**Championship: "Van of Steel" | Cross Country | (D500) Vans and Utility
**Car used: GMC 1983 Vendura G-1500 (Autoshow, 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: D500 Dirt CC AWD

Another limited choice championship. This car type has a total of ten cars to its name, two of them are A class, one is B and one is C, the remaining six are D class. Of the six D class choices, three are in the autoshow, two further choices are in the autoshow if you have the car pass, and the last one is 'hard to find' (although is in the forza shop this week). I wanted to use something every one could get/have, so choose the Vendura, also I have never used this car and wanted to try it out. For the races, this car/tune can win without issue (at least in the difficulty I used), in spite of been slow, and heavy - but the other choices are also this. For this tune, or perhaps it is just the car, as never used it before, for these races, braking is practically not needed, the Vendura acts like it is glued to the track, super stable even over jumps (but one - look ahead), for most corners on this championship I did not brake at all. If the a.i. uses the HQ Sandman, the will out run you in the beginning, but you will catch them, they don't like turning, and they don't like water. Important tip - for the race along the beach road, near by Bamburgh Castle, as you come to the end of the race and leave the beach for the sand dunes, be on the high side (the side with the shacks) of the jump/hill, otherwise the back end of the Vendura will hit the uneven bumpy ground at the top and flip over, and you will lose the race. AWD running rally tires and suspension, very stable, slow on the start.

I did all stunts using the "Rimac 2019 Concept Two", with rally tires, no tune to share, bone stock apart from tires. Used traction control, all done on first or second try.

TL;DR - just look at ** text.

That is all.
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 5:10:59 AM(UTC)
Anyone that scores 0pts in all races in a trial should be refused the prize, somebody on my team now has an MC12 VC for contributing totally nothing except spamming quickchat phrases.
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 9:57:07 AM(UTC)
Trial this week started horrible for me. First race and I managed to hit the bridge support, concrete pipe on station, some walls and missed a checkpoint at around 70%, still managed to came home in front of 2 driveatars and 1 player ...
Anyway 9th, 3rd and 1st place brought an overall win. I also realized that Cherokee wasn't the best choice for it, so after a bit of testing (5 different cars with few different tunes each) I found Jag with DJS tune being best choice for me.
Other races were easy - did my tune for Morris Traveler and Corvette Stingray and used Ford F-150 Raptor with DJS tune for those solo championships.
Stunts were finished as always with offroad stunts tuned Agera RS and Lego Senna for road.

Also thanks to Trial team this and previous week, for clean racing, sadly that wasn't the case for few previous weeks.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:41:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post

I've run into the hovercraft in the last two remixes. It's best just to slow down and stay out of their way, and wait for the scripted passing opportunities, which unfortunately tend to be pretty much at the finish line.

At least the jet isn't on the ground. SO maybe we'll have better luck with that one.

The bike took me out too! Exactly like it happened to him but my rewind stays active lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:56:28 AM(UTC)
idk wth going on but dead last ai trail are getting 200 points each. after player team finishe the race before the ai.
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 2:52:30 AM(UTC)
Festival Playlist Events - Summer ** Until 23/01/20 **
For players who need help: Percents, Tunes and Rewards:

50% Summer: HOT WHEELS FORD MUSTANG 2005
80% Summer: FERRARI 166MM BACHETTA 1948
50% Series 18: Maserati MC12 FE
80% Series 18: Rimac Concept 2

PERCENTS and TUNES

REWARDS
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:38:15 AM(UTC)
Finally got a good team in the Trial.

The team won all 3 races and I won the last two. I don't know how many tries it took but it had to be close to 10. Absolutely brutal this week.

... And what a team for playground games. We absolutely obliterated the other team. Got their whole team in survival in under 2 minutes then scored 15 flags.

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:59:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:56:33 AM(UTC)
am on my 4 try today.
the the buggy ai that killing us atm. dead last ai that gets point even when their not suppose to.
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:54:55 PM(UTC)

Wrong event, the Trial is Sports Utility Heroes, it's the offline event that is Offroad vehicles.

Speaking of which, I used the Hummer H1 for that. Worked a treat, super stable and ploughs through things without slowing down.
#47 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 6:01:15 AM(UTC)
After close to a dozen attempts on the Trial I've given up. Just can't get paired with a decent team. I can place highly or win in the Macan but get no help. Not worth the waste of time anymore. Don't need it to hit 80% anyway. Good riddance. Ugh.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:47:17 PM(UTC)
I haven't turnerd my Xbox on for weeks before this. I was absolutely terrible on some of Trial efforts. Finally got it, almost every player in team being better than me. Clean racers too.

Ramp on first race, right, so you land on hard (grippy) surface, AI loses in water.

Last race. Be aware of last turn, lots of players tend overshoot.

I Did trial with Maserati, but I think best base might be WV Touareg.
#49 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 3:24:07 AM(UTC)
This week Trial was difficult. You have to know the track and pray for good team. I did it on fifth try with Porsche Macan Turbo.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error