This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#376 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:29:32 AM(UTC)
Settled on Porsche 550 for my ride...... built 4 builds running the gamut from stock to race rubber with corresponding levels of power (inverse relationship 😂). My PB was set just this very morning before RL took over using the “grippy” version (race tyres).

Team SithSpeed.... “Powered by Dark Side”...... 2:41:764..... 😎 👍 😳
 3 users liked this post.
#377 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:43:53 AM(UTC)
I’m new to this, but I’m trying to get a good handle on building and tuning and I figure this would be the most fun way to do it. I play hardcore with a controller and set a 02:39.292 in an AM DB5. Still trying to pin it down. She’s a bit squirrelly at the moment.
 1 user liked this post.
#378 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:06:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TJToliver Go to Quoted Post
I’m new to this, but I’m trying to get a good handle on building and tuning and I figure this would be the most fun way to do it. I play hardcore with a controller and set a 02:39.292 in an AM DB5. Still trying to pin it down. She’s a bit squirrelly at the moment.

Welcome, and thanks for joining in the fun. I see you set your time in Freeplay rather than Rivals. Apologies if that wasn't clear, but you must use rivals mode. You'll find many advantages anyway, with full working ghosts of all our drivers complete with telemetry.

We'll get you added to our leaderboard, and if you need any help with building or tuning, give us a shout. Nice run in the DB5 to kick off, but give it a shot now in Rivals mode.

Edited by user Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:20:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#379 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:40:40 PM(UTC)

Welcome! You've been added to our LB's database. Also sent a Friends Request.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#380 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:41:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

if you need any help with building or tuning, give us a shout. Nice run in the DB5 to kick off, but give it a shot now in Rivals mode.

+1....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#381 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 6:31:03 AM(UTC)
Made some minor adjustments to the transmission and raised the Accel on the differential by quite a bit (up to 35 from 25). The gearing change was functionally superficial (shift point went from 5,150 RPM to about 5,050, minimum power assuming proper shifting is up from around 121 before and after a shift to around 123), but the diff made quite a difference in how aggressively I can get on the throttle. Given my build constraints I think the setup's about as good as its going to get. Everything from here on out is going to be driver-dependent. Setup is uploaded as HLC12 CotA v1.2.

Current best: 2:36.687

Not sure I have a lot more than that in me. Watched Bubba's replay and I just don't think I'm capable of being that smooth anymore. What a drag it is gettin' old...
#382 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:50:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

What a drag it is gettin' old...

Welcome to the club....😂😂....🧓🏻

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#383 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 12:44:33 PM(UTC)
Had my first go today in Mr Pinstripe’s Porsche, wheel and hardcore. I have barely any Xbox time at the moment and clearly going to need weeks of practice with this set up! I’m expecting bottom few for a long time to come 😂
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#384 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 2:56:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Had my first go today in Mr Pinstripe’s Porsche, wheel and hardcore. I have barely any Xbox time at the moment and clearly going to need weeks of practice with this set up! I’m expecting bottom few for a long time to come

Fair warning: My setups are (typically) neither very competitive nor very user-friendly. I like my cars kind of wild 'n' wooly, and the 356 is worse than most in that regard. If you're OK with that, rock and roll.
 1 user liked this post.
#385 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 4:00:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Had my first go today in Mr Pinstripe’s Porsche, wheel and hardcore. I have barely any Xbox time at the moment and clearly going to need weeks of practice with this set up! I’m expecting bottom few for a long time to come

Fair warning: My setups are (typically) neither very competitive nor very user-friendly. I like my cars kind of wild 'n' wooly, and the 356 is worse than most in that regard. If you're OK with that, rock and roll.

All good, no issues with the competitiveness of your tune, my driving is very much the weak link for now. I used yours as you're a wheel user and I've found some tunes don't work well at all. Hopefully in a few weeks/months I'll be competing with you!
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#386 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:29:11 PM(UTC)
02:34.3 Porsche 550. 👍👍
 1 user liked this post.
#387 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 6:01:35 PM(UTC)
I JUST barely made it over the line into 40s with a 2:40:9xx.....
 2 users liked this post.
#388 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 8:34:45 PM(UTC)
Just barely cracked the 2:34’s. There’s another second in there but those orange curbs keep getting in the way.
#389 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:18:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
02:34.3 Porsche 550. 👍👍

Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
I JUST barely made it over the line into 40s with a 2:40:9xx.....

Just barely cracked the 2:34’s. There’s another second in there but those orange curbs keep getting in the way.

GREAT runs!..............👍 Do not be afraid of the curbs...🤯

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#390 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:10:36 AM(UTC)
Racer’s excuses....

“Missed the bleeding corner because the sun was in my eyes......”

“Oil slick on the track......”

“I’m only human....”

“Right knee spasm.....”

“Sneezed.....”

“Fingers cramped.....”

“Concentration wavered..... “

“Running on fumes toward the end so....... ( insert choice here)....”

Official time.....COTA GP..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Porsche 550..... 2:40:586. 😎

AWESOME RACING EVERYONE!! 🎉🎉
 2 users liked this post.
#391 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:53:25 PM(UTC)
This is a track that I would not have chosen, but in the end have enjoyed the challenge over the past week probably as much to do with the class as much as the division used. Now sitting back awaiting the next selection, while the adjustment to three tiers I think has turned out to be a good change too.
#392 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:53:54 PM(UTC)
Racer’s excuses....

“Missed the bleeding corner because the sun was in my eyes......”

“Oil slick on the track......”

“I’m only human....”

“Right knee spasm.....”

“Sneezed.....”

“Fingers cramped.....”

“Concentration wavered..... “

“Running on fumes toward the end so....... ( insert choice here)....”

.......😂............I'm too OLD........😂

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:54:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#393 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:03:05 PM(UTC)
After a slow start, the competition increased to give us some of our closest racing to date. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the two lightest cars, the Porsche 550 and the Ferrari Barchetta proved the best, and were very evenly matched. The Porsche's superior handling gave it the edge in popularity.

A warm wecome to TJToliver, who did well in his first event to finish towards the top of tier 2. We ended the week with 28 drivers. Thanks to all for joining in the fun.

xAlea Jacta Est returned to claim the win, placing his Ferrari 166MM Barchetta #2 on the WW leaderboard. The podium places went to PTG Benny, and HLR Bubba who, along with HLR PRKid finished close behind in the top 10. Congratulations to you all.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta.

Tier 2 Winner: PTG Benny wins a paint for his 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder.

Tier 3 Winner: F4R Vanquish wins a paint for his 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder.

Tuners Prize: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Italy to drive some prototype racers. We hope you enjoy speed!

FM7, Series 3, Event 13
P Class (P998 Max)
Monza Full Alt
Restricted to any car in the Early Prototype Racers Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 22nd January.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Early Prototype Racers

1999 BMW #16 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
1999 BMW #15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
1998 Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
1993 Peugeot Talbot Sport 905 EVO 1C
1992 Toyota #99 All American Racers Toyota Eagle Mk III
1991 Mazda #55 Mazda 787B
1991 Mazda #18 Mazdaspeed 787B
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP
1989 Mercedes-Benz #63 Sauber-Mercedes C 9
1989 Aston Martin #18 Aston Martin AMR1
1988 Jaguar #1 Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Jaguar #60 Castrol Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Porsche #17 Porsche Dunlop 962C
1987 Porsche #17 Porsche AG 962C
1985 Nissan #83 Electramotive Engineering GTP ZX-Turbo
1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

We last ran these cars at Dubai Mountain, where the Toyota Eagle dominated. Suspect we'll get a different result at the Temple of Speed.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:05:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#394 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:03:49 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 13. Best of Luck to everyone!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:11:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#395 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:40:29 PM(UTC)
Aaaarghh!!!!!
Forgot what day it was and just spent 10 laps chasing Burnin's time and beating it.
Oh well, might as well head over to Monza
 2 users liked this post.
#396 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:55:51 PM(UTC)
Best sounding car of the bunch (BY FAR) is the 787B..... 👂

So crank up the volume and let the sound of 736 rotary 🐎 wash over you... 🏎

It may even prove to be the fastest.... who knows ? 🧐
#397 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:10:57 AM(UTC)
I have decided on a C9 for this one.... the last event at Monza it was top performer..... and since I have a livery for it I REALLY like I am going to be sporting a new sponsor this week. Currently 1:26:097..... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#398 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:28:23 AM(UTC)
I have decided on a C9 for this one....

I started with the 962C based on the leaderboards, but after running a rudimentary statistical analysis I think I’ll switch to C9. I ran Z scores on a bunch of the categories (0-60, top speed etc) on all of the cars and the C9 score above average and with a significantly higher score than the 962C with only 10mph lower top speed. I just can’t control the Porsche consistently on hardcore, so I’m going to see if better handles and a little less speed helps.
 2 users liked this post.
#399 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:56:07 AM(UTC)
01:19.4 #17 Porsche 962C.
 1 user liked this post.
#400 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:43:43 PM(UTC)
Best sounding car of the bunch (BY FAR) is the 787B...

BRAP-BRAP!

I suspect that's the one I'll be going with, but I'll have to look at them before I decide. I usually pick race cars based on which one has the lowest power and/or least peaky powerband, especially at the LeMans prototype end of the race car spectrum. 70,000 horsepower monsters with a clifflike boost threshold just aren't my bag.
45 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error