3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:37:17 PM(UTC)
Nice to see an AE86 ^^ Time for some eurobeat :D
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:55:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
New eliminator cars!!

Without mentioning DaReoCharmer's name, the staff were in awe of 350+ wins in Eliminator.

Indeed they were lol, I was watching. I thought they would mention the name but that's okay!! I know it's me. We really need the leaderboard. Maybe I should change my name to DaReoMachine haha
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:56:52 PM(UTC)
New eliminator cars!!

Without mentioning DaReoCharmer's name, the staff were in awe of 350+ wins in Eliminator.

Yeah. I guess someone has to REALLY love that mode. I mean, no one else seems to. Still only .35% of players have completed 25 matches and only 7% have actually completed. I gotta be honest, I really don't wanna have to sit through Eliminator matches every stream.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:59:03 PM(UTC)
New eliminator cars!!

Indeed they were lol, I was watching. I thought they would mention the name but that's okay!! I know it's me. We really need the leaderboard. Maybe I should change my name to DaReoMachine haha

Everybody knows it! The mode is terrible but you are the uncrowned king of it! I would say good job but I hate that mode so much :D

2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 5:02:17 PM(UTC)
Well, couldn't they make Toyota like Mitsubishi?
Tired of boring and time-consuming Festival Playlists.
Want to force us to play this game?
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 5:09:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
Well, couldn't they make Toyota like Mitsubishi?
Tired of boring and time-consuming Festival Playlists.
Want to force us to play this game?

Because the Mitsubshi models were already developed and ready to ship with the game when Mitsubishi pulled out, there are two games worth of updates they have to do the car models on top of the development pipeline for all the other things they are working on. Last I checked nobody paid or is owed any Toyota cars period.
#32 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 6:58:43 PM(UTC)
AE86

Hurican Performente

H1 Alpha Opentop

1964 Porsche 356 Cabriolet
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:40:28 AM(UTC)
FH4 Release Notes: January 13th, 2020
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360041304614-FH4-Release-Notes-January-13th-2020

Quote:
Version Number:
PC: 1.383.263.1
Xbox: 1.383.319.0

NEW FEATURES

THE ELIMINATOR ROUND 2 - THE HORIZON HEAVYWEIGHTS
They’re big, they’re powerful, they’re the Horizon Heavyweights, joining the Eliminator for Round 2. We’ve added 9 new cars to The Eliminator, with one in each Level, from 2 to 10. The new cars will appear alongside other Car Drops in the world, so get to them before anyone else does. Remember, only the finish line matters!

HORIZON HEAVYWEIGHT CAR LIST:
Top Gear Track-Tor
Mercedes Benz Unimog
MINI X-Raid
HUMMER Open Top
Quartz Regalia D
M12S Warthog CST
Jeep Wrangler DD
Funco F9
Isha's Offroad Taxi

SHOWCASE REMIX - TAXI FOR TAKEOFF
Isha’s Taxis takes on the Delta-Wing in this Series’ Showcase Remix. What happens when you put a jet up against a black cab with a Racing V12, and a terrifying power-weight ratio? We’re not entirely certain, but it’s sure to be spectacular!

SHOWCASE REMIX - MOTOCROSS PURPOSES
Buggies and bikes return, with dirt, jumps and ramps aplenty in this Showcase Remix.

CROSS-PLATFORM FIXES
Fixed an issue where the action bar was not appearing in freeroam over other players' cars
Improved loading time when loading into The Eliminator
Fixed an issue where traffic cars would not always appear in Co-Op Street Scene events
Improved the loading time when upgrading a car in The Eliminator
Increased the arena boundary audio
Fixed an issue where custom controller or keyboard settings wouldn’t allow a user to upgrade their car in The Eliminator
Fixed additional instances of players not being able to challenge others to Head-to-Head races in The Eliminator
Fixed an issue where the timeout bar in The Eliminator was misaligned when playing in certain languages
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to open the pause menu or map after quitting and re-joining The Eliminator
Various stability and performance improvements

PC FIXES
Drastically improved loading times when booting into the game with all DLC installed

XBOX FIXES
No Xbox-specific fixes.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:28:58 AM(UTC)
I've updated the first post with timestamps from Monday's livestreams:

Update 18 Livestream - Mixer | Twitch | YouTube
Mike Brown hosted the January 13th livestream from Playground Games, starting with the Festival Playlist seasonal rewards and Showcase Remix featuring Isha's Taxis. Since The Eliminator was added in Series 17, one prolific player has won 353 games and more people have played The Eliminator "than any [FH4] multiplayer mode ever." Players will see different Level cars in Series 18. The Elimi-Q&A-tor segment profiled PG Associate Producer Gareth Davies and his Top 100 video games list. Matt Pickering showed off the four new cars coming this series: the Hummer Open Top, the community's most-requested car (Lamborghini Huracan Performante), the Toyota Trueno, and a special Porsche 356C from Emory Motorsports. Mike listed fixes in the content update including faster loading times, and Chris Phillips answered "Hey Tom" questions from livestream chat.

02:00 - Festival Playlist Showcase Remix and reward cars
11:00 - Community Supra-themed photo montage
14:00 - The Eliminator updates and Q&A with Gareth Davies
41:00 - Community Supra-themed photo montage
44:00 - Series 18 new car gameplay and #TorbenTuesday clue reveal
56:30 - Updates and fixes
58:00 - Q&A from the livestream chat:
  • Will The Eliminator come to Fortune Island and LEGO maps? "Maybe" pending logistical issues being reviewed
  • Any new bodykits? "Yes at some point in the future"
  • Any new Peugeots? "Yes, in the next few series"
  • Are there plans for an offline Eliminator mode? "No"
  • Will Anything Goes come back to online racing? "Maybe but probably not"
  • Will former Horizon game characters return? "No plans right now, if yes, a long while off"
  • Showcase remix with a choice of car? "Something to think about, not currently planned"
  • Single-round record for Head-to-Head wins in The Eliminator? "13"
  • When will Torben be on The Elimi-Q&A-tor? Following Tommy Bargains in the next livestream

Forza Monthly Livestream - Mixer | Twitch | YouTube
Kate Yeager hosted the January edition of Turn 10's livestream during a snowstorm in Seattle. Mike and Chris provided FH4 Series 18 commentary via Skype, and Turn 10's Alan Hartman detailed Forza's efforts to improve accessibility in Forza games with the help of Dr. Mick and SpecialEffect. The show concluded with a segment on Forza Motorsport 7 and TORA.
15:00 - FH4 Series 18 content and gameplay
48:00 - Alan Hartman on accessibility, featuring player DongForza
57:00 - FM7 and TORA
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:32:25 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Single-round record for Head-to-Head wins in The Eliminator? "13"

Incredible, I thought 5 was quite a lot. You'd have to be doing race after race in quick succession, and they'd all have to be short. I'm amazed someone has done 13.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:12:27 AM(UTC)
I missed the 488 Pista
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:33:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Incredible, I thought 5 was quite a lot. You'd have to be doing race after race in quick succession, and they'd all have to be short. I'm amazed someone has done 13.

I hit 9 or 10 once (I think) I changed at the top tier 4 or 5 times
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:00:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I've updated the first post with timestamps from Monday's livestreams:

• Any new bodykits? "Yes at some point in the future"

• That's me, faithfully watching every single Series Update living streaming so I can type "HEY TOM WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING NEW BODYKITS AND CUSTOMIZATION" during the Q&A, nice to see my persistence has been acknowledged haha
    #39 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:49:23 AM(UTC)
    Quote:

I'm very tempted to tackle that one. I think it would be fairly easy if you get to start the event in a level 10 or something. I knocked out 3 people in about 60 seconds last night. They kept driving at me with my back to the zone right before the final. If I start in something high, I'm gonna go for it

#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:26:16 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: GeeBeeN42177 Go to Quoted Post
    Quote:

I hit 9 or 10 once (I think) I changed at the top tier 4 or 5 times

I changed at the top tier last night which I believe is the first time, someone came up to me at the edge in a slower car which was rather foolish, you'd think people would learn by now.

9 or 10 I can see is doable although still high. 13 though is crazy, it's like one every minute more or less. Ideally you'd quickly find a high tier car but the hard part is getting people to race you, as they often run away which is annoying (which is where having a fast car early on would help a lot). Then you need the luck of the races being short, not 3-4 miles through trees etc.
    #41 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:27:50 AM(UTC)
    Quote:

I'm very tempted to tackle that one. I think it would be fairly easy if you get to start the event in a level 10 or something. I knocked out 3 people in about 60 seconds last night. They kept driving at me with my back to the zone right before the final. If I start in something high, I'm gonna go for it

If you ever manage 13 it would be good to see a whole race video. To me it sounds like a one in a million type fluke though but who knows.
    #42 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:32:49 AM(UTC)
    I got 5 eliminations on my last win and thought that was a busy game ... even took a screenshot as I was pretty pleased with that :)

13 tho' ... wow .. apex predator
     1 user liked this post.
    #43 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:37:09 AM(UTC)
    What is impressive to me is the reactivity of the team to fix Eliminator issues so fast when day 1 nasty bugs of online are still there frustrating every online players.

We have there a feature they are polishing to be included in FH5 which leads to second point that the lack of polishing for other features certainly means those are not expected for next version or totally revamped ( invest on what you keep, forget about what is revamped or wasted for the next version )

Back to FH4, the ultimate good players are now gone which is letting you a chance to win, rammers/kids enjoy eliminator. As a result non ranked online FFA and even TA have never been less agressive.

Stream, Eliminator / stuff , few useless cars and some near to lies answers... I have same woaw as I had for the release of Iphone 10, 11 ... never mind, the latest, are we yet to 12. ...

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:37:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
    #44 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:48:57 AM(UTC)
    I wonder, does this update change the HUGE TEXT on the screen in Eliminator which remains on screen for way too long. GO! It says. Well I will, when you get out of the way and show me where the destination is. Does it really take five whole seconds to read the word 'GO!' ? Maybe my reading skills are above average but it doesn't take me that long.

Also at the start of an Eliminator round, a large graphic telling me I am in the Eliminator mode (no, really?) blocks my view while I try to see if there are any car drops nearby (I usually spawn by the wind farm) and as not all players do start at the exact same time, I want to make sure I see and grab them before someone else does. This graphic is not only huge but it stays on screen far too long and is surrounded by animated colours similar to the car drop smoke colour. So it's problematic.

I hope these were addressed.
    #45 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:48:29 AM(UTC)
    First impression of the Hummer, it's probably gonna be my new favorite off-road truck dethroning the Rebel. The suspension is very very soft when taking jumps

#46 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:14:41 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
    I got 5 eliminations on my last win and thought that was a busy game ... even took a screenshot as I was pretty pleased with that :)

13 tho' ... wow .. apex predator

You'd need a large portion of the 64 trying to run and hide from each other for it to be even possible, some games you won't even see 13 opponents before the final race.
    #47 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:59:12 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
    Does the Huracán Evo have forged carbon too?

If it's indeed the Performante I hope PG doesn't murder it with a horrendeous PI value and tons of drag like they did with the Pista, ZR1, GT2 RS (PI), 600LT, 720S and other modern Supercars.

It was the most requested car for a long, long time. I can only pray the car programmers did their job. I'm seeing it stock between Pi 910 and 920 because it surely comes stock with race tires.

Looks to be stock at S1 900, as it’s now in the Car Collection. Base stats of:

Speed - 7.8
    Handling - 8.5
    Acceleration - 10
    Launch - 10
    Braking - 9.1

Appreciate stats don’t mean much in Forza but, given it’s stock AWD, first impression is it could have potential?

#48 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 2:53:43 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
    Does the Huracán Evo have forged carbon too?

If it's indeed the Performante I hope PG doesn't murder it with a horrendeous PI value and tons of drag like they did with the Pista, ZR1, GT2 RS (PI), 600LT, 720S and other modern Supercars.

It was the most requested car for a long, long time. I can only pray the car programmers did their job. I'm seeing it stock between Pi 910 and 920 because it surely comes stock with race tires.

Looks to be stock at S1 900, as it’s now in the Car Collection. Base stats of:

Speed - 7.8
    Handling - 8.5
    Acceleration - 10
    Launch - 10
    Braking - 9.1

Appreciate stats don’t mean much in Forza but, given it’s stock AWD, first impression is it could have potential?

I've seen some "time travellers" in online adventures yesterday using it in S900.
    Didn't seem that great.
    Handling looked okay from what I could see but the power/weight ratio seems bad. I don't think it'll do outstanding things at S1 and the normal Huracan will be the better option.
    S2 will probably be too much for it, especially in comparison to the cars with race aero or beefed up PO's.
    Looks better than the Pista though.
     1 user liked this post.
    #49 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:13:55 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: SnogardragonS Go to Quoted Post
    Yeah. I guess someone has to REALLY love that mode. I mean, no one else seems to. Still only .35% of players have completed 25 matches and only 7% have actually completed.

If 7% of everyone who has ever played the game has taken part in at least one Eliminator, that's actually not bad for a game mode that has only been recently added. For comparison, only 19% of GT Sport players have completed at least one Sport mode race, and Sport mode is kind of the main point of that game, and has been in it since launch ( source: https://www.kudosprime.c..._preset=sport_play_ratio ).
     1 user liked this post.
    #50 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 12:26:44 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: SnogardragonS Go to Quoted Post
    Yeah. I guess someone has to REALLY love that mode. I mean, no one else seems to. Still only .35% of players have completed 25 matches and only 7% have actually completed.

If 7% of everyone who has ever played the game has taken part in at least one Eliminator, that's actually not bad for a game mode that has only been recently added. For comparison, only 19% of GT Sport players have completed at least one Sport mode race, and Sport mode is kind of the main point of that game, and has been in it since launch ( source: https://www.kudosprime.c..._preset=sport_play_ratio ).

People who never liked freeroam werent gonna like this mode anyway. Freeroam is STILL my favorite event in FH4 because I get to use my own cars. Eliminator is nice but i'm not a big fan of the factory cars. The tire pressure, the suspension, the braking and especially the transmission setups. Even if a car has only 100 hp opposed to 1000hp, I could STILL setup up the gears to max out the engine speed in the highest gear. Majority of the cars that are level 6 and under can barely get to the top of the 4th gear without gravity helping you get there.

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
    Error