This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:13:31 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone! On Xbox Live I go by Chromatichaos, but you can just call me Chaos. I've been playing Forza ever since I got FM3 when I bought my first Xbox 360, with the only installment I've missed being FM5. As you might be able to figure out, I'm a fan of the series, and while I don't feel as strongly for the games as I used to, I still tend to spend a lot of my time in the Horizon games nowadays moreso than the Motorsport games; enter, Horizon 4. Now, it should come as no surprise to most of the playerbase that this game has some... rather glaring issues, let's say, and one of the more noteworthy ones has to be the co-op/Trial Drivatar behavior. From being pushed aside like you don't even exist, to Drivatars straight-up using the Force to yeet your car wherever they want, it can get pretty annoying, but you at least have a chance to recover from those events in most instances.

But then... there's this.

This is just... asinine.

As you can see, no one around for a mile, and yet... I finished second? What?? I can't count the number of times something like this has happened, where I've been in a position with a clearly massive gap between myself and a Drivatar, and as soon as I cross the finish line, I lose one or two placements. How can the developers expect people to want to participate in Trials and co-op events when the Drivatars are one of the buggiest messes of AI I've ever seen in my life, exclusively in co-op no less? This goes beyond being unenjoyable. It's so broken that I lose all motivation to really even try when it happens, and with how often it happens, you can imagine I'm regularly demotivated when it comes to these kinds of things. It's yet another bug that needs to be fixed, but instead of that happening, we keep getting new cars, which is fine and dandy, but when the game itself is a nigh unplayable mess, why would I ever feel encouraged to try for those cars? The sooner this issue and similar issues get fixed, the better. I'll likely go back and try one more time, but if it happens again... hoo boy.

tl;dr drivatars are bugged to h-e-double-hockey-stick, fix them pls&ty
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:24:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chromatichaos Go to Quoted Post
General Drivatar Silliness and Buggy Behavior

They've been retarded like this since the very beginning... hence the name Drivatard.

Originally Posted by: Runoff1999 Go to Quoted Post
The ability to remove Drivatars from single player freeroam. All they do is get in the way.

The point is probably not they get in the way but they frequently crash right into us...

Originally Posted by: Chromatichaos Go to Quoted Post
But then... there's this.

This is just... asinine.

On this case, for reference: Impracticality of multiplayer car racing over the Internet

And they cheat too...

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Misc

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:20:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:37:11 PM(UTC)
It's FH2 copy/paste except toned down a little since AI can't cheat anymore.

Actually, they still can... Beyond a certain distance, they're unaffected by obstacles. In CC they also seem to maintain speed over bumps much more easily than a player could.

This is just one of many things under FH4's hood that need a major rework, but goes unnoticed by the 90+ casuals since they don't care about losing, or any competition, at all.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#4 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 2:51:00 AM(UTC)
You got the 500 points, it is bugged though.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 4:50:39 AM(UTC)
Forza Motorsrport 5’s AI actually had a sense of “drivatars” because the AI was cutting corners, especially on Yas Marina. Since Forza Horizon 2, the AI is just regular AI with gamertags slapped on them.

Notification

Icon
Error