28 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:46:39 AM(UTC)
Fixed mine by re building Windows 10 with a fresh install, tried hacking the Registry before but that failed! So did a complete re build and install of Horizons 4. Re the Ultimate Bundle all of the car DLC's work, plus the VIP Pass. Haven't had the balls yet to install either the Lego or Fortune Island DLC's.

Do these work if you install individually and this issue is only apparent as long I don't hit the "Install Ultimate Bundle" button?
 2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 7:28:10 AM(UTC)
Well I aren't going to let them bury it. I'm going to keep posting in this thread until SOMETHING is done. An official announcement they're working on it, an ETA, anything. I'm tired of hearsay from people saying that they've said they're working on it in support ticket replies. I will remain vocal. And I advise you to do the same, both here and on the MS Answers thread

Already drafting background info to fire out to games journalists.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:24:16 AM(UTC)
Bumping here with a weird update:

I am super confused now.

I purchased Forza Horizon 4 in 2018.
I had the Gamepass active until now and recently canceled it.
Now that the gamepass is canceled, the Xbox app tells me i need to purchase the Gamepass in order to play Forza Horizon 4.

If i try to check the games i own in the menu, the Xbox app "Crashes" and tells me it needs a restart to fix this issue (Surprise, it doesn't fix it).
If i try to lookup my games on the normal Windows Store, i get an empty page.
If i try to open Forza Horizon via the Search in the Windows Store, i get an error message that the page could not be loaded.

Edit: Forza Support said the exact same thing as before. "Blabla we know, blabla we will announce it if we have a fix".

Well then, time to contact the Microsoft support to get a refund.

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2020 11:10:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#79 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:16:45 PM(UTC)
So I came back from work today just to discover Forza not starting anymore, you only get a short glimpse of the start screen and then it closes. Can't even see the Forza process starting in Task Manager.

Tried:
a) Reinstalling the game 2 times
b) Installing on different partition
c) Closing CAM / Afterburner etc. (however the game ran just perfect yesterday with the same setup!)
d) Uninstalled and reinstalled the GPU drivers (2080Ti).
e) Resetting the app preferences through App Settings.

Anybody an idea? This is sickening, like 5th or 6th time that this happens, always on season or series change and on different PC's.

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:23:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:23:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
Forza not working again, and again, and again.

So I came back from work today just to discover Forza not starting anymore, you only get a short glimpse of the start screen and then it closes. Can't even see the Forza process starting in Task Manager.

Tried:
a) Reinstalling the game 2 times
b) Installing on different partition
c) Closing CAM / Afterburner etc. (however the game ran just perfect yesterday with the same setup!)
d) Uninstalled and reinstalled the GPU drivers (2080Ti).

Anybody an idea? This is sickening, like 5th or 6th time that this happens, always on season or series change and on different PC's.

What does the system log say?..

Follow-Up

Edited by user Monday, March 30, 2020 10:30:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#81 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:37:54 PM(UTC)
Nothing in particular, no warnings or faults. Only the Security log comes with an information when I start Forza, but that doesn't seem to be an error. It says that it successfully used the credentials from the credentials manager.

No idea if Forza has it's own log file thats accessible by the user?

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:40:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:01:26 PM(UTC)
Hi my game cant start after new season (9.1.). I am tried everything. I have Ultimate Edition. I bought 696 cars. :(

I7-9700K, NVIDIA RTX 2080, 16GB DDR4 3600, 1TB SSD 970 EVO.

Can someone help me?
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 1:48:04 AM(UTC)
until yesterday evening (9.1.) the game runs well on PC. Then the game process was gone/crashed. When i tried to restart, nothing happens.

!!! same thing with Forza Motorsport 7, i cannot start it.

but Forza Horizon 3 starts normally.

on my xBox I can play FH4 (but to much judder/stutter on my LG OLED-TV :(

any advice ?

EDIT:
i find out i had a problem with MS Store error code "0x80070005"
i try to fix this for the last hour, Run wsreset.exe etc.
but without success until now

maybe my FH4 and FM7 starting problem results from this MS Store problem !!??

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2020 4:51:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:43:01 AM(UTC)
Same problem for me!
#85 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 8:56:48 AM(UTC)
Got the same problem since yesterday. For me, the game first crashed out of nowhere, no error codes or anything, just closed it self and now it doesn't wanna launch. I just get the gray window with the FH4 logo for about 3 seconds and then it closes.

I tried to reset it app settings but it didn't help.

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2020 8:59:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 9:41:06 AM(UTC)
The problem can largely be contributed to the intrinsic unreliability of Windows 10 and the damage incurred by improper usage from the users themselves.

Reinstalling Windows should be the easiest approach for you.
#87 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 10:30:55 AM(UTC)
I dont know out of nowhere i can play now, maybe they release fix.
#88 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 11:31:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: trunkfu Go to Quoted Post
I dont know out of nowhere i can play now, maybe they release fix.

Same. Lmao.
 3 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:33:50 AM(UTC)
yesterday i try to solve my problem code 0x80070005 with the .... MS Store.

after several tries starting with the normal https://support.microsof...shooter-for-windows-apps
without having any success
i used a "wiederherstellungspunkt" "reset point" and go back with my drive c: to the 7th of january.

and then
the MS store works again for me and
forza M7 and H4 starting without problems !!??

my summary:
i think there was a problem on my pc with apps and the ... MS Store
not for the first time :-(

1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 5:45:40 AM(UTC)
Some people have/had a store problem, others don't.

A lot of us have an "Activation" issue as displayed in the event viewer.

Also reinstalling Windows for a single game, despite literally everything that isn't Forza running perfectly fine? Screw that.
#92 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 6:17:44 AM(UTC)
GUYS i found the solution!!!

When i play the FH4 with gamepass, that was okay. But i bought FH4 Ultimate Edition and problems show up. When i start the game, FH4 splash screen(logo) come up, and closing after 30 seconds. When I try start the game 7-8 times, then launching normally. But with huge loading times. Like 5-6 min. My game installed on the SSD. Before fh4 ultimate, that was 1 min. I tried every solution i found on the internet. Literally. I tried everything. I'm trying the solve this problem like 6 months. Even i talked with microsoft customer service like 3 times. Nothing changed. But today, i found the solution, finally. And this kinda nonsens.

I changed some parts of my pc. I changed cpu, mobo and ram.

Before:
-i7 3770K
-12 GB(2x4gb + 2x2gb) 1333mhz DDR3 Kingston Ram
-Gigabyte Z77 D3H Mobo

-New parts:
Ryzen 2600x
G. Skill 16gb (2x8GB) 3600mhz CL18 Ram
Asus Strix X570-F mobo

I changed only this parts. Not gpu or other parts. And even i didn't format the windows. Just changed the parts, started the windows and FH4 now working totally normal, working perfectly. I dunno what kinda problem is this, and why happened. But looks like, fh4 doesnt like older systems. Developers must think about this problem and they must solve.

Sorry, i speak English a bit, but i think you understand me guys :)
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:30:30 AM(UTC)

I'm one of the people who made a reddit post that is in that list, I like to let everyone know that I still haven't found a fix and that Forza support hasn't been helpful, my expectations for a actual fix is zero.
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 1:20:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: protegobatu Go to Quoted Post
GUYS i found the solution!!!

When i play the FH4 with gamepass, that was okay. But i bought FH4 Ultimate Edition and problems show up. When i start the game, FH4 splash screen(logo) come up, and closing after 30 seconds. When I try start the game 7-8 times, then launching normally. But with huge loading times. Like 5-6 min. My game installed on the SSD. Before fh4 ultimate, that was 1 min. I tried every solution i found on the internet. Literally. I tried everything. I'm trying the solve this problem like 6 months. Even i talked with microsoft customer service like 3 times. Nothing changed. But today, i found the solution, finally. And this kinda nonsens.

I changed some parts of my pc. I changed cpu, mobo and ram.

Before:
-i7 3770K
-12 GB(2x4gb + 2x2gb) 1333mhz DDR3 Kingston Ram
-Gigabyte Z77 D3H Mobo

-New parts:
Ryzen 2600x
G. Skill 16gb (2x8GB) 3600mhz CL18 Ram
Asus Strix X570-F mobo

I changed only this parts. Not gpu or other parts. And even i didn't format the windows. Just changed the parts, started the windows and FH4 now working totally normal, working perfectly. I dunno what kinda problem is this, and why happened. But looks like, fh4 doesnt like older systems. Developers must think about this problem and they must solve.

Sorry, i speak English a bit, but i think you understand me guys :)

Wow perfect solution, just buy a new PC.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 1:58:02 AM(UTC)
bought FH4 yesterday, but after playing it for a few hours i closed it and came back a while later and the game constantly crashed at the splash screen, the screen right after clicking launch.

I've tried all the options you can find,
I don't have MSI afterburner or any overclocking app, I reinstalled it, I have reset the store and the game itself multiple times, disabled microphone / background apps, Realtek Audio, anti virus and windows security, all my drivers are up to date and so is windows, attempted the administrator route, dev mode, etc.

My PC specs (I know the RAM isn't the recommended amount but for me the game ran perfectly when it did decide to play)
Intel i7-5820K 3.30Ghz
8GB
GTX NVIDIA 980Ti
This is the windows event viewer details:
The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.Process ID: 5b08Start Time: 01d5ca9fd491e044Termination Time: 4294967295Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.380.112.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exeReport Id: b040d7d3-636a-41dc-bba4-42cee19dd45bFaulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.380.112.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweFaulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinalHang type: Activation

So does this mean microsoft are working on a fix for the crash on launch bug?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:06:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:15:05 PM(UTC)
Who knows. Word from the MS Answers thread was that MS were 'aware of it and working on a fix' but this has been an issue for MONTHS. I tweeted at both the Forza Motorsport twitter and PG Games asking for word on whether it's being worked on and to the surprise of absolutely no-one they have said nothing.

Oh, and the irony is the last tweet from the Forza account when I sent it was about them building a new community team LOL.

Read the thread if you want to feel the rage at the lack of communication:
https://answers.microsof...f-43ee-bfbb-04313e659683

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:25:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:38:34 PM(UTC)
*I FOUND A FIX*

i have game pass and i move FH4 to a new drive using windows settings. and it works now.
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:45:33 AM(UTC)
I would love to be able to comment on my thoughts about the game except I can't because the game refuses to load lol, also what is not mention is you need VC 2015 Redistributable Package, regardless I am still getting the activation error in event viewer, even had Microsoft screen share to have a look. The guys only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall the game. Part of the problem is that the store has no checksum utility and just assumes it has downloaded successfully. It really is ridiculous that this is even happening still.

I can assure it's NOT my computer at fault because a pirated version works!

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:52:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#99 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:58:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StraitCosine815 Go to Quoted Post
*I FOUND A FIX*

i have game pass and i move FH4 to a new drive using windows settings. and it works now.

You have found something that works for YOU it's not a "fix", what about people that do not have another drive, tried it and doesn't do nothing for me

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:20:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:42:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaelo777 Go to Quoted Post
bought FH4 yesterday, but after playing it for a few hours i closed it and came back a while later and the game constantly crashed at the splash screen, the screen right after clicking launch.

I've tried all the options you can find,
I don't have MSI afterburner or any overclocking app, I reinstalled it, I have reset the store and the game itself multiple times, disabled microphone / background apps, Realtek Audio, anti virus and windows security, all my drivers are up to date and so is windows, attempted the administrator route, dev mode, etc.

My PC specs (I know the RAM isn't the recommended amount but for me the game ran perfectly when it did decide to play)
Intel i7-5820K 3.30Ghz
8GB
GTX NVIDIA 980Ti
This is the windows event viewer details:
The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.Process ID: 5b08Start Time: 01d5ca9fd491e044Termination Time: 4294967295Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.380.112.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exeReport Id: b040d7d3-636a-41dc-bba4-42cee19dd45bFaulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.380.112.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweFaulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinalHang type: Activation

So does this mean microsoft are working on a fix for the crash on launch bug?

The question is if it was working originally what changed to stop it working? Windows update? Did you download anything or change any settings on your PC?

28 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error