4 Pages123>>Next
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:36:31 AM(UTC)
WINTER | SERIES 17

Starts January 2 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 17.

Next change: January 9 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • Free Car: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera (previously released Exclusive model)
  • 450 FP Car: 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo (previously released Exclusive model)
  • Clothing: Golden Tash
  • Car Horn: Windows XP Shutdown
    Wheelspins cost 50 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Winter Completion: 2018 Renault Megane R.S. (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: Classic Race Suit
  • 50% Series 17 Completion: 2017 Alpine A110 (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 17 Completion: 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MkI
  • Earn 5 Drafting Skills while racing your A-H Sprite MkI
  • Drive your A-H Sprite MkI for a 10-mile drive
  • Score a total of 6 stars from Speed Zones with your A-H Sprite MkI

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 2 Awesome Skill Chains
  • Combine Drafting and Pass Skills to earn 3 Slingshot Skills
  • Earn 9 stars in total from PR Stunts
  • Complete a Drag Strip event
  • Win a Dirt Scramble event
  • Earn 3 Binman Skills
  • Earn 1 Kangaroo Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "New Year New Me" | Cross Country | (A800) Offroad
  • Reward: 2014 Terradyne Gurkha (previously released Exclusive model)

Seasonal Playground Games | Muidkickers' | (C600) Retro Hot Hatch
  • Reward: Shark Wellies

PR Stunt: Northbound Danger Sign | 725.1 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Aerodrome Speed Trap | 200.0 mph

PR Stunt: Lakeshore Speed Zone | 97.0 mph

Championship: "Less is Moor" | Road Racing | (A800) GT Cars
  • Reward: Mercedes-Benz SL65 FE (previously released Exclusive model)

Championship: "Renault Championship" | Road Racing | (B700) Renault cars
  • Reward: 2016 Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept (newly released Exclusive model)

Championship: "Lakehurst Hogmanay" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Modern Rally
  • Reward: 2005 Lotus Elise 111S (previously released Exclusive model)

Winter also means the lake drag strip is available.

Monthly Events
  • Monthly Rivals: Ford RS200 at Railyard Cross Country Circuit
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 9:46:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:55:27 AM(UTC)
That danger sign is proving tricky in the winter so far, can't get much more than 700 ft.

edit - I did it after a few more tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYJ3A3liLrQ

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:09:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:04:53 AM(UTC)
Trial is Gardens, Coastal Rush and Titan, so set aside a bit of time for it. Should be simple enough though as it’s off-road, so the likes of the 17 Raptor, MB X Class and Ranger Raptor are all available and any decent A class tune used for ranked should do the job.

They seem to love using this danger sign in Winter, when it is very difficult. Will have a go at it now.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:05:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
That danger sign is proving tricky in the winter so far, can't get much more than 700 ft.

Which one is it? Is it the one over the freeway? That one proved tricky in Winter last time it was up as a seasonal. But it was eventually possible.
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:11:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Which one is it? Is it the one over the freeway? That one proved tricky in Winter last time it was up as a seasonal. But it was eventually possible.

Yep that's the one... tricky because no matter how much speed you get, the bumps and slope saps it at the last moment. I like it when they're a bit of a challenge though.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:16:01 AM(UTC)
Managed it third go in the Mosler. From memory,it’s best to hit it at an angle - although I largely relied on pure speed to get it - keeping the Mosler pointing straight is hard work on the snow though!

Speed zone is relatively easy in an S2 class Hoonigan RS200 - best to start the end nearest Derwen **** er Trail though, so you can start on the straight (the other end has a couple of tight corners immediately you enter the zone).

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:21:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
If the danger sign is the one I'm thinking of, I normally go up to the field and head straight for it but in winter it's best to hit it from the road to the right. Still takes a few attempts to line it up perfectly.
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
That Northbound danger sign in winter? I can see people complaining about it, but I smashed it at 230,8 meters. After 20 tries or so.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:02:09 AM(UTC)
Difficult trial, 3rd try was the charm. Easy to miss check points, aggressive cannot drive X country team. Car flips on first track same spot every time near the end. Two 2nd and would have won the last if I didn't take the jump. Here is my advice if you are not good and cross country, and you know who you are stay out of peoples way and don't try to mess them up. Glad I played Storm Island on H2 for a year.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:18:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:19:35 AM(UTC)
Oh cool. Free Aston Martin DBS Superleggera this week.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:20:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:34:32 AM(UTC)
I don't know how I got 56% just doing the regular races? Usually I have to do the stunts too.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:35:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Difficult trial, 3rd try was the charm. Easy to miss check points, aggressive cannot drive X country team.

Lost the first three attempts due to quitters.

Got on fourth try, but there was something wrong with the AI.

Drivertars in "MB 65 AMG" where skidding left and right all over the place making it impossible to pass and they glitching in and out of the game.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:40:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jab CZ Go to Quoted Post
Oh cool. Free Aston Martin DBS Superleggera this week.

The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera has a 200K CR perk in its mastery tree.

The danger sign is a bit tricky. I usually start at the top of a hill next to a single tree on its own. I was in a Mosler for the speed trap so I tried that first. Didn't quite make it so tried a Hoonigan RS200 and got it after a few rewinds. I got the best results choosing a line of approach which reduced to a minimum the amount of air during the approach to the danger sign.

The Mercedes-Benz SL65 FE from Championship 1 has a 300K CR perk in its mastery tree and I'm looking forward to:

2016 Renault Clio R.S. Concept 16
2018 Renault Megane R.S
2017 Alpine A110

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:45:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:43:35 AM(UTC)
I don't think people should use the G Wagon, saw no one do well in it. I used the 17 Raptor.
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:49:00 AM(UTC)
I've been doing the Trial lately just for practice, even if I already have the prize. But I've owned the Urban Assault Vehicle in every Horizon game that it's been in, and maybe used it once. I'm thinking I might skip out on this one.
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:58:38 AM(UTC)
It' s a good challenge I guess, go for it. I had the prize already too. I quit the first cause I became dead weight after missing a checkpoint. They may have succeeded.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 9:00:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 9:02:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I've been doing the Trial lately just for practice, even if I already have the prize. But I've owned the Urban Assault Vehicle in every Horizon game that it's been in, and maybe used it once. I'm thinking I might skip out on this one.

It’s actually a pretty decent B class cross country vehicle and I sold the one I just won for 248,000 if credits are of interest. Not the worst prize.
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 9:56:01 AM(UTC)
The Less is Moor championship was fun because the two circuit races were 5 laps long! Plenty of time to catch up the A.I. The Renault Championship was fun too, as I used the regular Renault 5 and found a good car in it!
 3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:11:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
That Northbound danger sign in winter? I can see people complaining about it, but I smashed it at 230,8 meters. After 20 tries or so.

It's easy with the "Ferarri 599XX E".

New PB, with 858.39ft (261.6 meters).

Drove at the jump from angle rather than straight towards it.
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:55:26 AM(UTC)
@Ripperoo UK Now that’s a real smash! I forgot about the Ferrari 599XX E and its glitchy nature. I aimlessly attempted the danger sign from ahead and realized after 15-16 attempts that it would never work. I tried from an angle to the right and it was much more promising. It was much easier that way in the Mosler MT900S:
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
Danger sign was a bit of a challenge for my Agera RS, but did it in few tries - taking it at an angle did the trick.
Trial ... actually easy, if I could be racing against diveatars, but no luck there, so deal with people deliberately trying to push me around.
I seriously don't understand some people in Trials, guess there was this entitled kid that couldn't accept somebody else leading the race (I got honked from start on, as I had better grid position then them)
On first race I was in nice lead, but jump on last lap made my Raptor nosedive and roll (finished 4th).
Second race was actually a nice race as I was able to run away from everybody soon after start.
Third race ... entitled kid strikes ... well this kid did try to push me into a wall right at the start and missed, but had a friend that try to push me far from checkpoint (can't imagine just a random guy to try and do that to me just after first one failed), luckily my Raptor seems to be a bit heavier then RAM and with a bit more power, so I could get away. So wish I would be recording at a time and post that.
End result was nice tho, 4th and 2x1st, with Trial win 2-1, but seriously considering not playing Trials any more, maybe just for new car if there is one (gave up on Playgrounds some time ago too).

Happy New Year everyone and good luck with playlist
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:26:07 PM(UTC)
Completely agree - still trying to get it after 2 hrs trying as own team keep ramming into me and causing me to miss checkpoint - PLEASE sort this behaviour like you did in freeform

Will try later when the kiddies are in bed!!
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:36:14 PM(UTC)
I forgot about the Ferrari 599XX E and its glitchy nature.
Glitchy? Check out what happened when I used it on the "Windmill Danger Jump" during the last "Forzathon Live" event!

"Windmill Danger Jump 3500ft................FAILED"

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:40:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 1:11:11 PM(UTC)
It's only my second trial... easy again. I noticed that I was the highest rank in the trial, and in Playground games. Looks like a lot of players are new.
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 2:24:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
I forgot about the Ferrari 599XX E and its glitchy nature.
Glitchy? Check out what happened when I used it on the "Windmill Danger Jump" during the last "Forzathon Live" event!

"Windmill Danger Jump 3500ft................FAILED"

HA! I had this glitch once with the 599XX E as well!
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error