73 Pages<<5455565758>>PrevNext
#1376 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:55:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
^^ The bass to me feels right in FH2, 3 and FM6. In FM7 and especially FH4, it just doesn't. In fact, after a certain RPM range, it fades altogether - as if suddenly the midrange and low-frequency channel just quit or something. This is not representative of real car sounds, where you can hear AND feel the vibration, bass and rumble throughout the RPM range in each gear.

* FH2 has some excellent samples while some are not so great
* FM6 probably has the best samples overall, given how many cars there are. Superb job, really.
* FH3 improved a lot of the sounds from FH2, but some got worse
* FH4 made nearly all great sounds from FH2 and FH3 worse. Most steps taken were backwards
* FM7 - well - despite the April car sound update, leaves a lot to be desired - as the cars just do not sound as good as FM5 or 6.

I'm losing faith in their abilities. My next major racing game purchase will probably be a Playstation one. I also believe there are many developers eager to bring their brand of car sounds and simulation to the Xbox, but Microsoft's monopoly doesn't allow anyone to surpass Forza.

i feel like minimising the bass at high RPMs is a good thing, having bass all the way would get real annoying after a while, especially my neighbours would get annoyed, fh2 isnt better when it comes to bass, everything is a high pitch fest

It doesn't work like that IRL mate - although varies from exhaust system to exhaust system. But generally, at lower RPMs, you have this heavy and boomy rumble, whereas at higher RPMs you have a more punchy rumble as you're about to redline. You can try this with any car and see for yourself. The bass sounds different at idle, low RPM, mid-torque and then redline. But it never disappears. Unless you're maybe driving a car with an exhaust system that is *designed* to minimize rumble and kick out a lot of noise or a distinct note.

^^ The bass to me feels right in FH2, 3 and FM6. In FM7 and especially FH4, it just doesn't. In fact, after a certain RPM range, it fades altogether - as if suddenly the midrange and low-frequency channel just quit or something. This is not representative of real car sounds, where you can hear AND feel the vibration, bass and rumble throughout the RPM range in each gear.

* FM6 probably has the best samples overall, given how many cars there are. Superb job, really.
* FH4 made nearly all great sounds from FH2 and FH3 worse. Most steps taken were backwards
* FM7 - well - despite the April car sound update, leaves a lot to be desired - as the cars just do not sound as good as FM5 or 6.

I'm losing faith in their abilities. My next major racing game purchase will probably be a Playstation one. I also believe there are many developers eager to bring their brand of car sounds and simulation to the Xbox, but Microsoft's monopoly doesn't allow anyone to surpass Forza.

i feel like minimising the bass at high RPMs is a good thing, having bass all the way would get real annoying after a while, especially my neighbours would get annoyed, fh2 isnt better when it comes to bass, everything is a high pitch fest

Imagine that you have minimised the Bass yourself with a graphic equaliser, but not for Forza 4, but for movies so that the neighbours do not hear it. Now when you play Forza 4 the Bass has been minimised twice! That's why the Bass has to be regular Bass in the game, and then minimised by the player, not minimised in the game.

nah id rather have the game minimise bass already, bass in cars like the 2017 vanquish zagato (interior) makes me uncomfortable after a while, also bass "hides" the actual sound and makes it a vibration fest, i rather have accurate and flat sound samples than bassy ones which arent even realistic, and i cant regulate bass in the realtek sound manager, bass controls are on the subwoofer itself in the back, and no way im reaching there everytime, and im lucky i used to play test drive / unlimited and im used to terrifying sound quality

Cars in cockpit have a reasonable amount of sound deadening which means a certain level of rumble, bass and vibration from the exhaust - both from the engine and exhaust. They have done this well for many cars including the SLS AMG and Audi R8. But the problem is the cars don't scream and roar like they did in their previous games. FH3 and FM5 are two really great examples. I could feel the car sound vibration reverberate throughout my room, it was fantastic.

I just want the decibels in the game for car sound, especially the bass and rumble, to sound realistic. It doesn't. It sounds like I'm driving toy cars, not super-expensive, high-performance supercars. I might have forgiven them had I not played FH1, 2 and 3. But they have done a poor job this time around, plain and simple. If they can;t get the sound right, why include so many cars off the bat? I'd rather have just 50 cars on launch, with ALL of them recreated faithfully.

Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

With regards to the PlayStation, I think Gran Turismo has done a fine job but, even with the accurate samples, the engines in Gran Turismo Sport still feel "dead" IMO, and the ambient echo on race tracks sounds exaggerated to me.

have you just seen videos of it or actually played it on a PS4Pro with a good surround amp? They've done a pretty solid job - because it's the same team that had initially worked on FM4, 5 and 6.

This is just saddening. Forza had the best car sound in the business. I really don't care for 4K/HDR. The game already looked really good in the FM5 and 6 days. Would love to see them use the console's power for nuanced and detail-rich car sound that actually sounds like the real car. It's almost 2020 - they have the tech, it can all be done. If they can't rent the cars, then just watch YT clips and use their imagination. They can do it.

Oh well, I'll just keep on dreaming then. PCARS2 and AC are already doing an exceptionally good job on recreating sound, despite the somewhat poor sample quality on some of the cars. At least they sound loud and powerful, relaying the feeling that you're sitting in a seat that's powered by 600+ HP of power that you can actually FEEL and hear.

meh i just dont want bass at all, it gets annoying after a while, id rather have FH4s sound design where the sounds are smoothed out, which doesnt make my ears bleed like past games

So when you are in a car your ears bleed then? That is strange. Bass just means sounding like a car not a hoover.

not bass but how high pitched and "raw" were the old sounds, at high RPMs i thought a shotgun was blasting through my ears, also i dont have a car nor a license

You should get a license and start driving some powerful cars IRL then. FM4 and 5 nailed that raw and visceral character very well. Mate, these cars sound extremely intimidating and hair-raising in real life. You can feel the sound going through your chest and in some cases, through the ground if you're standing close enough. They 'tamed' the sounds somewhat in FM6 and then in FM7 it was just: "where's the dynamic range and bass?" The cars just sounded puny. FH4 is no different.

Drive the FXX-K in AC and PCARS2 - it has that loud and ferocious V12 scream in cockpit and chase view. While F7 has an updated sample that's a lot closer to the real thing, the sound is downright flat and lacks bass/loudness. I don't know why they made the cockpit sound completely hollow on that one and the LaF - just clueless.

fastlanegaming oh look the never happy toxic youtuber complains about another sound, except this time he made it WORSE!!! FH4s supra sound is the best in the series

Sorry, this caught my attention and I just had to comment;

What makes you think the Supra sound is accurate in FH4? It has an overly pronounced blow off valve effect on a stock engine and the pitch is wrong even after full modding and upgrade.

Have you been around Supras IRL? They're known for a fiercely high-pitched sound after 5000 revs, somewhat reminiscent of a modded RB26 engine, although very unique in sound characteristics. It's nowhere close to an actual Supra sound.

Play FM5 and FH2, even FH1 - that is a really good Supra sound. They captured it well. Even a few high-quality YT clips will tell you that's not the real Supra sound, and some tacked on sound that they feel is realistic.

PG's car sounds are starting to sound like some sick April Fool's joke. They just can't get the unique character right - even more annoying is the fact that they sudden;y *out of nowhere* come up with a superb sample like the Audi R8 V10+. Makes you wanna go into space and scream "WTF" on the top of your lungs - and that's my point - no one's listening.

And I don't know why you called that Youtuber "toxic" - his videos are very fair and justified, all bringing good points to light which are probably not being discussed here and deserve attention, because I feel this franchise will only have a target base left that's full of teens and college going kids. It is shocking to see the sound downgrade from FH1 and 2 - and then going to FH3 and especially FH4, the worst offender, IMO.

**** doesnt have any points, he just shills for FH2 and thinks everything sounds bad because its the newest thus making the older better for some reason
#1377 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:58:57 AM(UTC)

It doesn't work like that IRL mate - although varies from exhaust system to exhaust system. But generally, at lower RPMs, you have this heavy and boomy rumble, whereas at higher RPMs you have a more punchy rumble as you're about to redline. You can try this with any car and see for yourself. The bass sounds different at idle, low RPM, mid-torque and then redline. But it never disappears. Unless you're maybe driving a car with an exhaust system that is *designed* to minimize rumble and kick out a lot of noise or a distinct note.

Imagine that you have minimised the Bass yourself with a graphic equaliser, but not for Forza 4, but for movies so that the neighbours do not hear it. Now when you play Forza 4 the Bass has been minimised twice! That's why the Bass has to be regular Bass in the game, and then minimised by the player, not minimised in the game.

nah id rather have the game minimise bass already, bass in cars like the 2017 vanquish zagato (interior) makes me uncomfortable after a while, also bass "hides" the actual sound and makes it a vibration fest, i rather have accurate and flat sound samples than bassy ones which arent even realistic, and i cant regulate bass in the realtek sound manager, bass controls are on the subwoofer itself in the back, and no way im reaching there everytime, and im lucky i used to play test drive / unlimited and im used to terrifying sound quality

Cars in cockpit have a reasonable amount of sound deadening which means a certain level of rumble, bass and vibration from the exhaust - both from the engine and exhaust. They have done this well for many cars including the SLS AMG and Audi R8. But the problem is the cars don't scream and roar like they did in their previous games. FH3 and FM5 are two really great examples. I could feel the car sound vibration reverberate throughout my room, it was fantastic.

I just want the decibels in the game for car sound, especially the bass and rumble, to sound realistic. It doesn't. It sounds like I'm driving toy cars, not super-expensive, high-performance supercars. I might have forgiven them had I not played FH1, 2 and 3. But they have done a poor job this time around, plain and simple. If they can;t get the sound right, why include so many cars off the bat? I'd rather have just 50 cars on launch, with ALL of them recreated faithfully.

With regards to the PlayStation, I think Gran Turismo has done a fine job but, even with the accurate samples, the engines in Gran Turismo Sport still feel "dead" IMO, and the ambient echo on race tracks sounds exaggerated to me.

have you just seen videos of it or actually played it on a PS4Pro with a good surround amp? They've done a pretty solid job - because it's the same team that had initially worked on FM4, 5 and 6.

This is just saddening. Forza had the best car sound in the business. I really don't care for 4K/HDR. The game already looked really good in the FM5 and 6 days. Would love to see them use the console's power for nuanced and detail-rich car sound that actually sounds like the real car. It's almost 2020 - they have the tech, it can all be done. If they can't rent the cars, then just watch YT clips and use their imagination. They can do it.

Oh well, I'll just keep on dreaming then. PCARS2 and AC are already doing an exceptionally good job on recreating sound, despite the somewhat poor sample quality on some of the cars. At least they sound loud and powerful, relaying the feeling that you're sitting in a seat that's powered by 600+ HP of power that you can actually FEEL and hear.

meh i just dont want bass at all, it gets annoying after a while, id rather have FH4s sound design where the sounds are smoothed out, which doesnt make my ears bleed like past games

So when you are in a car your ears bleed then? That is strange. Bass just means sounding like a car not a hoover.

not bass but how high pitched and "raw" were the old sounds, at high RPMs i thought a shotgun was blasting through my ears, also i dont have a car nor a license

You should get a license and start driving some powerful cars IRL then. FM4 and 5 nailed that raw and visceral character very well. Mate, these cars sound extremely intimidating and hair-raising in real life. You can feel the sound going through your chest and in some cases, through the ground if you're standing close enough. They 'tamed' the sounds somewhat in FM6 and then in FM7 it was just: "where's the dynamic range and bass?" The cars just sounded puny. FH4 is no different.

Drive the FXX-K in AC and PCARS2 - it has that loud and ferocious V12 scream in cockpit and chase view. While F7 has an updated sample that's a lot closer to the real thing, the sound is downright flat and lacks bass/loudness. I don't know why they made the cockpit sound completely hollow on that one and the LaF - just clueless.

fastlanegaming oh look the never happy toxic youtuber complains about another sound, except this time he made it WORSE!!! FH4s supra sound is the best in the series

What makes you think the Supra sound is accurate in FH4? It has an overly pronounced blow off valve effect on a stock engine and the pitch is wrong even after full modding and upgrade.

Have you been around Supras IRL? They're known for a fiercely high-pitched sound after 5000 revs, somewhat reminiscent of a modded RB26 engine, although very unique in sound characteristics. It's nowhere close to an actual Supra sound.

Play FM5 and FH2, even FH1 - that is a really good Supra sound. They captured it well. Even a few high-quality YT clips will tell you that's not the real Supra sound, and some tacked on sound that they feel is realistic.

PG's car sounds are starting to sound like some sick April Fool's joke. They just can't get the unique character right - even more annoying is the fact that they sudden;y *out of nowhere* come up with a superb sample like the Audi R8 V10+. Makes you wanna go into space and scream "WTF" on the top of your lungs - and that's my point - no one's listening.

And I don't know why you called that Youtuber "toxic" - his videos are very fair and justified, all bringing good points to light which are probably not being discussed here and deserve attention, because I feel this franchise will only have a target base left that's full of teens and college going kids. It is shocking to see the sound downgrade from FH1 and 2 - and then going to FH3 and especially FH4, the worst offender, IMO.

the audi v10 sounds unbelievably boring, it has bass but thats all that has changed since the original sound that it still on the newer R8, still sounds terrible for me
#1378 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 2:00:26 AM(UTC)
i never saw any car videos, and i wont simply because it would make fh4 unplayable so i like to live in an illusion... and honestly i dont give a damn about car sounds irl

I'm really curious about... What makes one who don't even care about cars wants to play a car game?
#1379 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:23:15 AM(UTC)

the audi v10 sounds unbelievably boring, it has bass but thats all that has changed since the original sound that it still on the newer R8, still sounds terrible for me

If you want to talk accuracy, then FM6's sample for the R8 V10 plus is fairly spot on. It's also very good in PCARS2, although some cars in that game suffer from low-fidelity samples and strange transmission sounds (clunk clunk gearbox sound)

For the older R8, FM5's sample is excellent.

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
i never saw any car videos, and i wont simply because it would make fh4 unplayable so i like to live in an illusion... and honestly i dont give a damn about car sounds irl

I'm really curious about... What makes one who don't even care about cars wants to play a car game?

Yeah, you know I found his post equally baffling. Why even bother playing a game with somewhat good physics when you're not even paying attention to the sounds.

Almost everyone I know who plays Forza is a car lover or has an affinity for racing/motorsport in general. And a lot of the love comes from the obsession with how cars sound and behave.

Oh well, we all play Xbox for different reasons, I suppose.

Edited by user Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:25:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1380 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 9:12:02 AM(UTC)
ya but its funny how 3 posts fill an entire page haha

Edited by user Saturday, December 28, 2019 11:57:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1381 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 9:16:23 AM(UTC)
ALL forzas sound **** , old games are a crusty high pitch fest done by the overhyped team of useless POSs and fueled by nostalgia, while new ones are lazy, FH1 sounds like it was converted to 96kbps MP3

Edited by user Saturday, December 28, 2019 9:24:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1382 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 9:57:58 AM(UTC)
Stop these infinite multiple quotes, it looks so dumb, lazy and stupid for any forum ever

A bunch of walls of text in every single page with the same content

at least copy & paste the last part of discussion and answer like a normal people do
#1383 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 11:55:52 AM(UTC)
(Deleted)

Edited by user Saturday, December 28, 2019 11:58:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1384 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 1:44:06 AM(UTC)
@opencamwrx

Seems accurate, the vaunted FH2 sound.

Accurate next to tuned Supras, that is, not to a stock one. Same situation as the Skyline GT-R. It's also really annoying from rear camera. It almost gave me a headache. I'll never understand people who like it.

Interior cam has A LOT of turbo whistle and sounds suspiciously close to the sound they used for the Mitsubishi GTO/Nissan 300ZX in FH4.

On the other hand, the Ferrari 330 P4 sounds much better in FH2.

Edited by user Sunday, December 29, 2019 1:44:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#1385 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 5:45:20 AM(UTC)
The new Renault Megane RS 2018 sound is really bad in Horizon 4.
People already Show this New Exclusive Car in YouTube Videos and when you see the real Megane RS with sound on YouTube and you know that Forza make again an awful job with Sounds
https://youtu.be/HQZZ-auC5ZY
#1386 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 6:29:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WweChucky Go to Quoted Post
The new Renault Megane RS 2018 sound is really bad in Horizon 4.
People already Show this New Exclusive Car in YouTube Videos and when you see the real Megane RS with sound on YouTube and you know that Forza make again an awful job with Sounds
https://youtu.be/HQZZ-auC5ZY

most of the new renaults just use the focus RS sound file
#1387 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 6:34:17 AM(UTC)
@opencamwrx

Accurate next to tuned Supras, that is, not to a stock one. Same situation as the Skyline GT-R. It's also really annoying from rear camera. It almost gave me a headache. I'll never understand people who like it.

Interior cam has A LOT of turbo whistle and sounds suspiciously close to the sound they used for the Mitsubishi GTO/Nissan 300ZX in FH4.

the FH4 supra sounds like a slightly modified supra with the muffler still on, the supra that they showed during the reveal did look modded a bit, and it makes sense that was the one they recorded, the FH2 one sounds sounds like a 1600hp fartcanned one even when stock, also FH2s turbo sounds are inferior to those in FH4 including the external wastegate
#1388 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 7:48:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post
Stop these infinite multiple quotes, it looks so dumb, lazy and stupid for any forum ever

at least copy & paste the last part of discussion and answer like a normal people do

There's a wheel on your mouse - it would require a few extra seconds of your life to use it so that you can read what's at the end.

:)

We rarely live in a perfect world.

@opencamwrx

If they can bring together the BEST sounds from FH2, FM5 and 6 and overlay those in FH4 - we're in business.

I do not at all like this new sound engine they are experimenting with. Makes the cars sound fake on everything: acceleration, deceleration, off-throttle coasting, upshifting, downshifting, etc.

A few good samples in the game get grossly overshadowed by the majority of lacklustre sounds in the game which are not only inaccurate but lack any real dynamic range and bass.

Edited by user Sunday, December 29, 2019 7:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1389 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 7:51:22 AM(UTC)
Sorry, double post.
#1390 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 8:19:23 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity removed; see Enforcement Guidelines at Forza Support - MM]

Edited by user Monday, December 30, 2019 1:42:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1391 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 8:20:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post

There's a wheel on your mouse - it would require a few extra seconds of your life to use it so that you can read what's at the end.

:)

We rarely live in a perfect world.

@opencamwrx

If they can bring together the BEST sounds from FH2, FM5 and 6 and overlay those in FH4 - we're in business.

I do not at all like this new sound engine they are experimenting with. Makes the cars sound fake on everything: acceleration, deceleration, off-throttle coasting, upshifting, downshifting, etc.

A few good samples in the game get grossly overshadowed by the majority of lacklustre sounds in the game which are not only inaccurate but lack any real dynamic range and bass.

and no they cant bring those sounds, they are copyrighted by the old team
#1392 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 8:21:59 AM(UTC)
Why is the M4 so loud whenever you're near it in a race?
 1 user liked this post.
#1393 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 8:23:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

its a bug
 1 user liked this post.
#1394 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 8:33:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

its a bug

I really should have knew that with it being FH4.
#1395 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 1:15:49 PM(UTC)

It's funny because you tend to find the heavily digitized sounds in the older games. 360 era is basically noise these days. Accurate samples do not always make good sounds (case in point: NFS Shift).

Even if the current sounds lack much bass, the old sounds are bad because they are monotone. Not much in the way of effects. Zero engine feel. They sound like a collection of infinitely looped noises with absolutely zero distortion. Which was how sounds used to be made. Even then, there are modders on the PC whose content is largely superior to what's in retail games, and they made the sounds strictly from video recordings!

If you have access to old FM4 disc content you'll find out not all of the cars in the game were represented (read: they mixed and matched in that game as well!) and most of the files in it are short length and low quality, because that's what the 360 would let them do with its capped RAM. That's also why NFS Shift sounds are bad, as SMS just ported the game to the PC.

The best recent game is definitely FM6 but even it has its bad sounds, and many of its sounds survived into the later games. Aventador and Jaguar F-Type for example are still the same in FM7 as they were in FM6. The thing is, people look only at Skyline and Supra and, according to their frequently twisted reasoning, they declare if the game has universally good or bad sounds. It's what Fast Lane Gaming does, and frankly it sucks.

Forza community should be looking at Dirt Rally for inspiration, not FM5 or any of the older games. Codemasters raised the bar. The vaunted old Forza engineers who were contracted by Gran Turismo just can't compare, as seen with GT Sport, which is worse than Dirt Rally and F1 franchise in pretty much every regard.

Another thing that needs to be improved is obviously the creative direction for audio since it doesn't make sense to have the correct samples then use different ones because they're "cooler". Example: M8 GTE in FM7. Also the Chevelle SS 454 and El Camino SS 454 which are the same car yet sound different. They also need to match pitch to engine speed (FM7 is biggest offender with its 10,000 rpm 458 Speciale and Aventador SV).

Edited by user Sunday, December 29, 2019 1:17:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#1396 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 6:14:11 PM(UTC)

i never saw any car videos, and i wont simply because it would make fh4 unplayable so i like to live in an illusion, also i cant play anything thats not on PC, so nothing older than FH3, also i never seen or played PC2 or asetto cars, only thing i saw in AC was the top gear crew easter egg, still rather have flat and docile sounds than the horrible **** that old forzas had, unlistenable, FH4 lacked time and effort, its evident which sounds were made first and ones which were quickly slapped together before realese, also i cant get a license until next year because its part of ym schools graduation, and i dont want a car that isnt a early 2000s ****, powerfull cars are expensive and sometimes illegal, cant mod them either, and honestly i dont give a damn about car sounds irl

haha, I'd have to say that's a first for me: "I don't give a damn about how cars sound in a game or irl".... just hilarious, I don't know why!

Anyway, if you want to continue with your "illusion" - then don't watch YT vids cos' you're in for a major disappointment.

About PCARS2 and AC, just so you know, closest thing to driving an actual car on a game console. And some of the car sounds are done quite well. You need a good sound system.
#1397 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 7:59:52 AM(UTC)
This is how the Vipers should sound >> Dodge Viper V10 Proper Sound
#1398 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 8:33:32 AM(UTC)
My favorite and most played game of all time, so much so I even thank the devs on twitter each new update for whatever cool content they bring. That being said, way too many of the sound samples give the impression they were created for a PS2 game, V8 swaps and Ferrari V12's are cringe inducingly bad STILL a year after the game. Honestly its probably way to late in the dev cycle of this game for anything to change. Hopefully the next generation of Forza titles will share one high quality soundbank instead of trying to create engine banks seperately.
#1399 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 9:02:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
My favorite and most played game of all time, so much so I even thank the devs on twitter each new update for whatever cool content they bring. That being said, way too many of the sound samples give the impression they were created for a PS2 game, V8 swaps and Ferrari V12's are cringe inducingly bad STILL a year after the game. Honestly its probably way to late in the dev cycle of this game for anything to change. Hopefully the next generation of Forza titles will share one high quality soundbank instead of trying to create engine banks seperately.

People say it's way too late to change the car sounds, but probably one to two years before Forza Horizon 5 comes out, so they could change the car sounds, and still use those in FH5 as well, so not really any extra work.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 31, 2019 6:10:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1400 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 6:14:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

People say it's way too late to change the car sounds, but probably one to two years before Forza Horizon 5 comes out, so they could change the car sounds, and still use those in FH5 as well, so not really any extra work.

Supposedly they're reluctant to make any of these big changes ( window stickers, caliper painting, sound updates ) because the size of the download is gonna be huge and they don't want to force metered connection users to have to do it. Seems like a weak excuse to me, but I guess I get it.
73 Pages<<5455565758>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error