73 Pages<<5354555657>>PrevNext
#1351 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 8:35:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
theres 2 problems:
1. a very basic in-house middleware, in previous games they used the "Miles" middleware but FH4 uses its own, which is incompatible with old sound files, so they started from scratch with only a years time for 500 cars
2. is lazyness, but this one is with a big question mark, theyve proven even under current conditions they can make good sounds, and them stopping doing sound updates is strange which means theyre preparing a big sound update like FM7 did but thats unlikely as new cars wouldve sounded good already if thats the case

I'm curious about the details! Mind if you share them?

As you aptly pointed out, a different middleware doesn't mean better sounds. I remember people were hyping Assetto Corsa's move to FMOD, then the ported sounds were released and they still sounded like ****, full of echo, muffled as if played from vinyl, lol. The advantage of FMOD is that it allows you to create sounds with more effects, but, if the samples suck, it's useless.

As for #2, well, my perception is that, since the game is old and the new Xbox is around the corner, all support done for FH4 at this point is "on the cheap". The Eliminator for example wasn't too complex to build, the greatest difficulty was the shrinking ring, but the rest is all recycled from other modes. The Upgrade Heroes story was incredibly easy to create, it's almost as if it was something that didn't make the cut for release and they brought it back to stretch the game's life the most they could.

The only bugs fixed these days are the most obvious ones. Unfortunately, the release of the Eliminator means much of the support will go to balancing that and even less to bug fixing and other features. I wouldn't hold my breath for a sound pack since the team tends to evade these questions on streams, I've been told. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it did come out, though.

- also about point 1. until 2016 forza had a contract with a team of sound designers, but in 2016 the contract expired and the team copyrighted the sound files, B) wasnt FM7s sound update near its "death"? C) the reason they avoid the questions is simple: if they did theyd create a half life 3 hype spiral syndrome, the longer theyd keep people hyped the bigger the expectations until it reaches a point where people would eat them for a tiny little mistake, so there MIGHT be a big sound update, the game has another year of support so its not unlikely theyd keep it behind closed doors until the time comes, i mean seriously the sound team HAS to do something right? copying sound files doesnt take much effort if any with their tools.

Edited by user Monday, December 23, 2019 8:38:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1352 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 11:23:57 AM(UTC)
What's the point of updating the sounds when the game is nearing EOL, which is when such an update would probably arrive, if at all. Many of us have been playing FH4 for over a year with the lame sounds.

It's so often the way, release a game in an unfinished state, then by the time the game is finally release-quality it's now EOL and the next version is being released.
 1 user liked this post.
#1353 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 9:35:48 PM(UTC)
- also about point 1. until 2016 forza had a contract with a team of sound designers, but in 2016 the contract expired and the team copyrighted the sound files, B) wasnt FM7s sound update near its "death"? C) the reason they avoid the questions is simple: if they did theyd create a half life 3 hype spiral syndrome, the longer theyd keep people hyped the bigger the expectations until it reaches a point where people would eat them for a tiny little mistake, so there MIGHT be a big sound update, the game has another year of support so its not unlikely theyd keep it behind closed doors until the time comes, i mean seriously the sound team HAS to do something right? copying sound files doesnt take much effort if any with their tools.

Post-FM6, then. Which is considered the last "good" one. Were those the guys hired by Gran Turismo, as rumored?

They were avoiding questions earlier this year, way prior to the anniversary. I just don't think it was ever a priority, especially when most fixes only require coding (picking different files and so on).
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#1354 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:54:18 AM(UTC)

Post-FM6, then. Which is considered the last "good" one. Were those the guys hired by Gran Turismo, as rumored?

They were avoiding questions earlier this year, way prior to the anniversary. I just don't think it was ever a priority, especially when most fixes only require coding (picking different files and so on).

The team left after FH3 or probably during its development, they left in 2016, no closer date, and theyre always avoiding big questions, especially related to sounds, if they didnt work on them theyd just say no in some way. And yes they were hired by GT, explains the sudden spike in quality in GT Sport from last games. And sounds WERE once high priority during the first months with them trying to fix some of them, but they stopped which seems odd, hence my big sound update theory

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:57:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1355 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:14:59 AM(UTC)
Not sure about the sound of the Cadillac CTS V. It sounds like a tank, and I've tried to get the sound from YouTube, and it's not quite as much like a tank.
#1356 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 10:51:19 AM(UTC)
Legit question... Why do people think FH2 has much better sounds than the later games?

Because that's not the impression I get from playing FH2... I've been playing it some more to boost my Forza Tier and, frankly, most of the cars I've tried have issues. Sounds are very muffled next to later games and absolutely inferior to what you find in FM6. When doing the Bucket List you have access to lots of high end cars and very few of them actually sound like they should.

The highlights IMO:

- The classic Porsches sound way better in FH2 than in FH4, including the Ruf Yellowbird and even the 914/6
- The M3 E92 is spot on
- The Countach and the NSX are very accurate and they continue to be in FH4
- Lexus LF-A is also spot on

The bad ones:

- Ferrari 360CS is the worst sounding version in any Horizon released on Xbox One
- No hypercar sounds better than in FH3 or 4, not even the 918, some of them are ridiculously bad like the Veneno and the Zonda
- Most 4-cylinder engines sound very muffled and whiny (did a championship with the X-Bow and it's a joke, for a moment I thought I was playing TDU which is notorious for its bad sounds)
- GT3 RS 4.0 has a whirr at high rpm that simply does not exist on the real car's sound, and inferior to FM6 and FH3
- Subaru WRX sounds are very quiet, you barely hear the engine
- Enzo sounds quiet, lacks any punch
- Bugatti Veyron sounds like a Chevy small block (yes, it does!)
- Shelby 427 Cobra lacks the aggression it has in FH3 and 4
- Here's an unpopular one... The Carrera GT from exterior view has a really, really bad scream, aggressive for sure but lacking any real quality

But most importantly... FH2's sounds are praised here for having louder bass compared to later games, but this loud bass does not help matters, in fact it's too loud! If FH3 and 4 lack bass, then FH2 definitely has too much of it.

In the new sound engine Playground built, on the other hand, there are some nice effects. I was driving the Hillman Imp yesterday and you could clearly hear induction sound, it felt like a real engine, a major improvement from the heavily digitized sounds in older Forza games.

There's also a comparison between Rossion Q1 in FH4 and FM4 on YouTube... Even though the FH4 sound is reused from the Alfa Giulia, when you rev the engine, it sounds like an engine, it sounds like air is moving around, sucked in, combusted and expelled, and air is a huge part of exhaust sounds. Meanwhile in FM4 you get the baked in, prerecorded, digitized feel old sounds have.

Why do people want to go back to that? I mean, seriously. I've seen the M3 GTS sound in FH1 being praised, when it couldn't be further from the real car's aggression? Pitch is wrong, sample is inaccurate... You could get the FH2/3 sound or even FH4's and pass them for M3 GTS sounds even though they were built around the standard M3, which sounds much quieter than a GTS (no, the M3 didn't come with Akras, Eisenmanns or Supersprints from the factory, lol).

Another thing to mention is that pretty much every car from FH2 sounds better in FM6, even those that use the same samples, and especially the GT3 RS 4.0, which could be mistaken for the real thing in FM6 and sounds pretty bad in FH2.

One criticism I have towards FH4 is that most engines lack "grunt", so to speak, they all sound too smooth, especially in older cars. But I think the team is headed in the right direction, judging from the incredibly gamey sounds you see in FH2. The McLaren Senna is extremely realistic... Imagine if that level of care was applied to other cars.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:01:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 2 users liked this post.
#1357 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:24:03 PM(UTC)
^^ The bass to me feels right in FH2, 3 and FM6. In FM7 and especially FH4, it just doesn't. In fact, after a certain RPM range, it fades altogether - as if suddenly the midrange and low-frequency channel just quit or something. This is not representative of real car sounds, where you can hear AND feel the vibration, bass and rumble throughout the RPM range in each gear.

* FH2 has some excellent samples while some are not so great
* FM6 probably has the best samples overall, given how many cars there are. Superb job, really.
* FH3 improved a lot of the sounds from FH2, but some got worse
* FH4 made nearly all great sounds from FH2 and FH3 worse. Most steps taken were backwards
* FM7 - well - despite the April car sound update, leaves a lot to be desired - as the cars just do not sound as good as FM5 or 6.

I'm losing faith in their abilities. My next major racing game purchase will probably be a Playstation one. I also believe there are many developers eager to bring their brand of car sounds and simulation to the Xbox, but Microsoft's monopoly doesn't allow anyone to surpass Forza.
#1358 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:44:43 PM(UTC)
Legit question... Why do people think FH2 has much better sounds than the later games?

Because that's not the impression I get from playing FH2... I've been playing it some more to boost my Forza Tier and, frankly, most of the cars I've tried have issues. Sounds are very muffled next to later games and absolutely inferior to what you find in FM6. When doing the Bucket List you have access to lots of high end cars and very few of them actually sound like they should.

The highlights IMO:

- The classic Porsches sound way better in FH2 than in FH4, including the Ruf Yellowbird and even the 914/6
- The M3 E92 is spot on
- The Countach and the NSX are very accurate and they continue to be in FH4
- Lexus LF-A is also spot on

The bad ones:

- Ferrari 360CS is the worst sounding version in any Horizon released on Xbox One
- No hypercar sounds better than in FH3 or 4, not even the 918, some of them are ridiculously bad like the Veneno and the Zonda
- Most 4-cylinder engines sound very muffled and whiny (did a championship with the X-Bow and it's a joke, for a moment I thought I was playing TDU which is notorious for its bad sounds)
- GT3 RS 4.0 has a whirr at high rpm that simply does not exist on the real car's sound, and inferior to FM6 and FH3
- Subaru WRX sounds are very quiet, you barely hear the engine
- Enzo sounds quiet, lacks any punch
- Bugatti Veyron sounds like a Chevy small block (yes, it does!)
- Shelby 427 Cobra lacks the aggression it has in FH3 and 4
- Here's an unpopular one... The Carrera GT from exterior view has a really, really bad scream, aggressive for sure but lacking any real quality

But most importantly... FH2's sounds are praised here for having louder bass compared to later games, but this loud bass does not help matters, in fact it's too loud! If FH3 and 4 lack bass, then FH2 definitely has too much of it.

In the new sound engine Playground built, on the other hand, there are some nice effects. I was driving the Hillman Imp yesterday and you could clearly hear induction sound, it felt like a real engine, a major improvement from the heavily digitized sounds in older Forza games.

There's also a comparison between Rossion Q1 in FH4 and FM4 on YouTube... Even though the FH4 sound is reused from the Alfa Giulia, when you rev the engine, it sounds like an engine, it sounds like air is moving around, sucked in, combusted and expelled, and air is a huge part of exhaust sounds. Meanwhile in FM4 you get the baked in, prerecorded, digitized feel old sounds have.

Why do people want to go back to that? I mean, seriously. I've seen the M3 GTS sound in FH1 being praised, when it couldn't be further from the real car's aggression? Pitch is wrong, sample is inaccurate... You could get the FH2/3 sound or even FH4's and pass them for M3 GTS sounds even though they were built around the standard M3, which sounds much quieter than a GTS (no, the M3 didn't come with Akras, Eisenmanns or Supersprints from the factory, lol).

Another thing to mention is that pretty much every car from FH2 sounds better in FM6, even those that use the same samples, and especially the GT3 RS 4.0, which could be mistaken for the real thing in FM6 and sounds pretty bad in FH2.

One criticism I have towards FH4 is that most engines lack "grunt", so to speak, they all sound too smooth, especially in older cars. But I think the team is headed in the right direction, judging from the incredibly gamey sounds you see in FH2. The McLaren Senna is extremely realistic... Imagine if that level of care was applied to other cars.

couldnt say it better myself
#1359 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:48:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
^^ The bass to me feels right in FH2, 3 and FM6. In FM7 and especially FH4, it just doesn't. In fact, after a certain RPM range, it fades altogether - as if suddenly the midrange and low-frequency channel just quit or something. This is not representative of real car sounds, where you can hear AND feel the vibration, bass and rumble throughout the RPM range in each gear.

* FM6 probably has the best samples overall, given how many cars there are. Superb job, really.
* FH4 made nearly all great sounds from FH2 and FH3 worse. Most steps taken were backwards
* FM7 - well - despite the April car sound update, leaves a lot to be desired - as the cars just do not sound as good as FM5 or 6.

I'm losing faith in their abilities. My next major racing game purchase will probably be a Playstation one. I also believe there are many developers eager to bring their brand of car sounds and simulation to the Xbox, but Microsoft's monopoly doesn't allow anyone to surpass Forza.

i feel like minimising the bass at high RPMs is a good thing, having bass all the way would get real annoying after a while, especially my neighbours would get annoyed, fh2 isnt better when it comes to bass, everything is a high pitch fest
#1360 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:59:42 PM(UTC)
Also i said, PG can still make amazing sounds, which they proved by the audi V10 and the supra especially, problem is, they had little time for all the cars during development, causing them to rush the sound department
 1 user liked this post.
#1361 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 2:37:04 AM(UTC)

i feel like minimising the bass at high RPMs is a good thing, having bass all the way would get real annoying after a while, especially my neighbours would get annoyed, fh2 isnt better when it comes to bass, everything is a high pitch fest

Imagine that you have minimised the Bass yourself with a graphic equaliser, but not for Forza 4, but for movies so that the neighbours do not hear it. Now when you play Forza 4 the Bass has been minimised twice! That's why the Bass has to be regular Bass in the game, and then minimised by the player, not minimised in the game.
#1362 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 10:54:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Imagine that you have minimised the Bass yourself with a graphic equaliser, but not for Forza 4, but for movies so that the neighbours do not hear it. Now when you play Forza 4 the Bass has been minimised twice! That's why the Bass has to be regular Bass in the game, and then minimised by the player, not minimised in the game.

nah id rather have the game minimise bass already, bass in cars like the 2017 vanquish zagato (interior) makes me uncomfortable after a while, also bass "hides" the actual sound and makes it a vibration fest, i rather have accurate and flat sound samples than bassy ones which arent even realistic, and i cant regulate bass in the realtek sound manager, bass controls are on the subwoofer itself in the back, and no way im reaching there everytime, and im lucky i used to play test drive / unlimited and im used to terrifying sound quality

Edited by user Wednesday, December 25, 2019 10:56:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1363 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:07:21 AM(UTC)

nah id rather have the game minimise bass already, bass in cars like the 2017 vanquish zagato (interior) makes me uncomfortable after a while, also bass "hides" the actual sound and makes it a vibration fest, i rather have accurate and flat sound samples than bassy ones which arent even realistic, and i cant regulate bass in the realtek sound manager, bass controls are on the subwoofer itself in the back, and no way im reaching there everytime, and im lucky i used to play test drive / unlimited and im used to terrifying sound quality

Well games aren't made for what you'd rather have, they should just be made to have realistic sound.

#1364 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:22:18 PM(UTC)

That's a good point. When it comes to bass, lower rpm feels weak because they lack bass. I think the car where lack of bass is most noticeable is the 2005 M3 E46. It has an accurate sample but almost no bass compared to any video and the sound becomes less accurate because of it.

With regards to the PlayStation, I think Gran Turismo has done a fine job but, even with the accurate samples, the engines in Gran Turismo Sport still feel "dead" IMO, and the ambient echo on race tracks sounds exaggerated to me.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#1365 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:18:40 PM(UTC)

It doesn't work like that IRL mate - although varies from exhaust system to exhaust system. But generally, at lower RPMs, you have this heavy and boomy rumble, whereas at higher RPMs you have a more punchy rumble as you're about to redline. You can try this with any car and see for yourself. The bass sounds different at idle, low RPM, mid-torque and then redline. But it never disappears. Unless you're maybe driving a car with an exhaust system that is *designed* to minimize rumble and kick out a lot of noise or a distinct note.

Cars in cockpit have a reasonable amount of sound deadening which means a certain level of rumble, bass and vibration from the exhaust - both from the engine and exhaust. They have done this well for many cars including the SLS AMG and Audi R8. But the problem is the cars don't scream and roar like they did in their previous games. FH3 and FM5 are two really great examples. I could feel the car sound vibration reverberate throughout my room, it was fantastic.

I just want the decibels in the game for car sound, especially the bass and rumble, to sound realistic. It doesn't. It sounds like I'm driving toy cars, not super-expensive, high-performance supercars. I might have forgiven them had I not played FH1, 2 and 3. But they have done a poor job this time around, plain and simple. If they can;t get the sound right, why include so many cars off the bat? I'd rather have just 50 cars on launch, with ALL of them recreated faithfully.

With regards to the PlayStation, I think Gran Turismo has done a fine job but, even with the accurate samples, the engines in Gran Turismo Sport still feel "dead" IMO, and the ambient echo on race tracks sounds exaggerated to me.

have you just seen videos of it or actually played it on a PS4Pro with a good surround amp? They've done a pretty solid job - because it's the same team that had initially worked on FM4, 5 and 6.

This is just saddening. Forza had the best car sound in the business. I really don't care for 4K/HDR. The game already looked really good in the FM5 and 6 days. Would love to see them use the console's power for nuanced and detail-rich car sound that actually sounds like the real car. It's almost 2020 - they have the tech, it can all be done. If they can't rent the cars, then just watch YT clips and use their imagination. They can do it.

Oh well, I'll just keep on dreaming then. PCARS2 and AC are already doing an exceptionally good job on recreating sound, despite the somewhat poor sample quality on some of the cars. At least they sound loud and powerful, relaying the feeling that you're sitting in a seat that's powered by 600+ HP of power that you can actually FEEL and hear.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:27:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1366 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:11:40 AM(UTC)
im hating because others do to be honest, only racing game i played since 2010 is FH4, and i never heard anything other than TDI engines irl, and to me the sounds are okay, and this mentality is shared with 95% of the playerbase, casual gamers dont care about sounds, so i highly doubt FM8, FH5 will adapt to the loud bunch instead the other 90%, if the sound team stays theres 0 chance there will be improvement, or possibly the sounds will get even worse, dont have hope
#1367 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:13:39 AM(UTC)

It doesn't work like that IRL mate - although varies from exhaust system to exhaust system. But generally, at lower RPMs, you have this heavy and boomy rumble, whereas at higher RPMs you have a more punchy rumble as you're about to redline. You can try this with any car and see for yourself. The bass sounds different at idle, low RPM, mid-torque and then redline. But it never disappears. Unless you're maybe driving a car with an exhaust system that is *designed* to minimize rumble and kick out a lot of noise or a distinct note.

Cars in cockpit have a reasonable amount of sound deadening which means a certain level of rumble, bass and vibration from the exhaust - both from the engine and exhaust. They have done this well for many cars including the SLS AMG and Audi R8. But the problem is the cars don't scream and roar like they did in their previous games. FH3 and FM5 are two really great examples. I could feel the car sound vibration reverberate throughout my room, it was fantastic.

I just want the decibels in the game for car sound, especially the bass and rumble, to sound realistic. It doesn't. It sounds like I'm driving toy cars, not super-expensive, high-performance supercars. I might have forgiven them had I not played FH1, 2 and 3. But they have done a poor job this time around, plain and simple. If they can;t get the sound right, why include so many cars off the bat? I'd rather have just 50 cars on launch, with ALL of them recreated faithfully.

have you just seen videos of it or actually played it on a PS4Pro with a good surround amp? They've done a pretty solid job - because it's the same team that had initially worked on FM4, 5 and 6.

This is just saddening. Forza had the best car sound in the business. I really don't care for 4K/HDR. The game already looked really good in the FM5 and 6 days. Would love to see them use the console's power for nuanced and detail-rich car sound that actually sounds like the real car. It's almost 2020 - they have the tech, it can all be done. If they can't rent the cars, then just watch YT clips and use their imagination. They can do it.

Oh well, I'll just keep on dreaming then. PCARS2 and AC are already doing an exceptionally good job on recreating sound, despite the somewhat poor sample quality on some of the cars. At least they sound loud and powerful, relaying the feeling that you're sitting in a seat that's powered by 600+ HP of power that you can actually FEEL and hear.

meh i just dont want bass at all, it gets annoying after a while, id rather have FH4s sound design where the sounds are smoothed out, which doesnt make my ears bleed like past games
#1368 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:42:10 AM(UTC)

meh i just dont want bass at all, it gets annoying after a while, id rather have FH4s sound design where the sounds are smoothed out, which doesnt make my ears bleed like past games

So when you are in a car your ears bleed then? That is strange. Bass just means sounding like a car not a hoover.
#1369 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:09:35 PM(UTC)

Why not both? Have awesome sounds, but an option to apply a high-pass filter, etc.

#1370 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:39:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

Why not both? Have awesome sounds, but an option to apply a high-pass filter, etc.

woah woah, that would be a good option but forget it because its playground games were talking about
#1371 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 2:41:47 AM(UTC)

So when you are in a car your ears bleed then? That is strange. Bass just means sounding like a car not a hoover.

not bass but how high pitched and "raw" were the old sounds, at high RPMs i thought a shotgun was blasting through my ears, also i dont have a car nor a license

Edited by user Friday, December 27, 2019 2:53:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1372 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 3:05:32 AM(UTC)
fastlanegaming oh look the never happy toxic youtuber complains about another sound, except this time he made it WORSE!!! FH4s supra sound is the best in the series

Edited by user Friday, December 27, 2019 3:39:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1373 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 3:55:40 AM(UTC)

not bass but how high pitched and "raw" were the old sounds, at high RPMs i thought a shotgun was blasting through my ears, also i dont have a car nor a license

You should get a license and start driving some powerful cars IRL then. FM4 and 5 nailed that raw and visceral character very well. Mate, these cars sound extremely intimidating and hair-raising in real life. You can feel the sound going through your chest and in some cases, through the ground if you're standing close enough. They 'tamed' the sounds somewhat in FM6 and then in FM7 it was just: "where's the dynamic range and bass?" The cars just sounded puny. FH4 is no different.

Drive the FXX-K in AC and PCARS2 - it has that loud and ferocious V12 scream in cockpit and chase view. While F7 has an updated sample that's a lot closer to the real thing, the sound is downright flat and lacks bass/loudness. I don't know why they made the cockpit sound completely hollow on that one and the LaF - just clueless.

fastlanegaming oh look the never happy toxic youtuber complains about another sound, except this time he made it WORSE!!! FH4s supra sound is the best in the series

Sorry, this caught my attention and I just had to comment;

What makes you think the Supra sound is accurate in FH4? It has an overly pronounced blow off valve effect on a stock engine and the pitch is wrong even after full modding and upgrade.

Have you been around Supras IRL? They're known for a fiercely high-pitched sound after 5000 revs, somewhat reminiscent of a modded RB26 engine, although very unique in sound characteristics. It's nowhere close to an actual Supra sound.

Play FM5 and FH2, even FH1 - that is a really good Supra sound. They captured it well. Even a few high-quality YT clips will tell you that's not the real Supra sound, and some tacked on sound that they feel is realistic.

PG's car sounds are starting to sound like some sick April Fool's joke. They just can't get the unique character right - even more annoying is the fact that they sudden;y *out of nowhere* come up with a superb sample like the Audi R8 V10+. Makes you wanna go into space and scream "WTF" on the top of your lungs - and that's my point - no one's listening.

And I don't know why you called that Youtuber "toxic" - his videos are very fair and justified, all bringing good points to light which are probably not being discussed here and deserve attention, because I feel this franchise will only have a target base left that's full of teens and college going kids. It is shocking to see the sound downgrade from FH1 and 2 - and then going to FH3 and especially FH4, the worst offender, IMO.

Edited by user Friday, December 27, 2019 4:08:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1374 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 4:28:54 AM(UTC)

I think you're talking about volume, not Bass.
#1375 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:52:13 AM(UTC)

You should get a license and start driving some powerful cars IRL then. FM4 and 5 nailed that raw and visceral character very well. Mate, these cars sound extremely intimidating and hair-raising in real life. You can feel the sound going through your chest and in some cases, through the ground if you're standing close enough. They 'tamed' the sounds somewhat in FM6 and then in FM7 it was just: "where's the dynamic range and bass?" The cars just sounded puny. FH4 is no different.

Drive the FXX-K in AC and PCARS2 - it has that loud and ferocious V12 scream in cockpit and chase view. While F7 has an updated sample that's a lot closer to the real thing, the sound is downright flat and lacks bass/loudness. I don't know why they made the cockpit sound completely hollow on that one and the LaF - just clueless.

Sorry, this caught my attention and I just had to comment;

What makes you think the Supra sound is accurate in FH4? It has an overly pronounced blow off valve effect on a stock engine and the pitch is wrong even after full modding and upgrade.

Have you been around Supras IRL? They're known for a fiercely high-pitched sound after 5000 revs, somewhat reminiscent of a modded RB26 engine, although very unique in sound characteristics. It's nowhere close to an actual Supra sound.

Play FM5 and FH2, even FH1 - that is a really good Supra sound. They captured it well. Even a few high-quality YT clips will tell you that's not the real Supra sound, and some tacked on sound that they feel is realistic.

PG's car sounds are starting to sound like some sick April Fool's joke. They just can't get the unique character right - even more annoying is the fact that they sudden;y *out of nowhere* come up with a superb sample like the Audi R8 V10+. Makes you wanna go into space and scream "WTF" on the top of your lungs - and that's my point - no one's listening.

And I don't know why you called that Youtuber "toxic" - his videos are very fair and justified, all bringing good points to light which are probably not being discussed here and deserve attention, because I feel this franchise will only have a target base left that's full of teens and college going kids. It is shocking to see the sound downgrade from FH1 and 2 - and then going to FH3 and especially FH4, the worst offender, IMO.

i never saw any car videos, and i wont simply because it would make fh4 unplayable so i like to live in an illusion, also i cant play anything thats not on PC, so nothing older than FH3, also i never seen or played PC2 or asetto cars, only thing i saw in AC was the top gear crew easter egg, still rather have flat and docile sounds than the horrible **** that old forzas had, unlistenable, FH4 lacked time and effort, its evident which sounds were made first and ones which were quickly slapped together before realese, also i cant get a license until next year because its part of ym schools graduation, and i dont want a car that isnt a early 2000s ****, powerfull cars are expensive and sometimes illegal, cant mod them either, and honestly i dont give a damn about car sounds irl

Edited by user Friday, December 27, 2019 10:06:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

73 Pages<<5354555657>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error