4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:09:08 PM(UTC)
Well, I for 1 got banned, and I ONLY wreck those thst wreck me intentionally. I know one thing, my LAW FIRM WILL have a field day with this!!! LOL
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:33:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: U ALL R JEALOUS Go to Quoted Post
Well, I for 1 got banned, and I ONLY wreck those thst wreck me intentionally. I know one thing, my LAW FIRM WILL have a field day with this!!! LOL

Fairly certain I have played with you before. Not sure this is exactly the case......

Regardless retaliation is just as bad.
#78 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:47:51 PM(UTC)

All legal correspondence should be forwarded to Turn 10 at their email address, forzafb@microsoft.com.

Have a nice day.

#79 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:39:06 PM(UTC)

lol indeed
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:03:07 PM(UTC)

Your law firm should have no problems taking down Microsoft's five thousand or so lawyers.
#81 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:12:36 PM(UTC)
The Xbox One's so-called "Smart Match" technology really should recognise the jerks. For example, the intentional crashers should have to play with other intentional crashers. The clean racers should be with other clean racers, to make it fair. Due to all of the causual players, it makes crashing at an advantage, not knowing that there are serious players who really do know how to race, like me, though I don't have the game, nor the Xbox One. I avoid collisions whenever possible (maybe getting an uncertified lap due to drafting or being drafted).
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#82 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:28:13 PM(UTC)
I think in the end your reply you will get most often is get over it. people bought the game and will play it the way they want. on that note ive only played 2 online races and noticed a trend. apex or not if someone has you in the turn you don't keep driving the apex that line is gone now. so don't come down on that person and block or whatever .
#83 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:38:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Craviator Go to Quoted Post
Recently started playing iRacing and they've incorporated a safety rating system, which works a treat. All the lower level people get put into the lower end, higher people in the higher end. There is a certain amount of warnings (I think 17 for an example) 4 for car contact, 1 for off road, 1 for spinning and there was one more I can't remember. Once you hit 17, you're dq from the race and can't race anymore. Also they have if you cut the track you must slow down (they have it flashing at you SLOW DOWN) until it goes away. Otherwise black flag and you're outta there!

Simple things like this would make this game so much better and me (a forza lover) wouldn't be pushed away to go play another racing game.

never happen forza will never be a true sim. and a fix for all time . ghosts every car every race so I don't I have to see every 3rd topic about hitting.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:40:14 AM(UTC)
There are many ways some of these issues could be alleviated, but they require time and money. It will only be addressed therefore if it's starts to impact sales. Whether or not that happens nobody knows, but a few things could help.
For example, on your profile once you've had so many big collisions online, when you next play, you are ghosted. Everyone else is in a normal lobby, and only you are ghosted. While you can't hit other cars, driving through them is still registered as a big collision. This will stop people taking advantage of ghost status. Plus you don't return to normal until you stop driving through people. Yes trollers could still be a nuisance driving around to distract, but they could be stopped from placing on the podium or unghosting until they behave for a set number of races. Each time they get ghosted, it's for a longer span.

For those who say reporting doesn't work or they never bother. I can assure you it does. I was only round at friends recently and i reported this moron for what was some seriously offensive abuse and in game trolling. A few days later his GT is no longer valid. It takes a number of reports to get people looked at, but if people aren't bothering, that's what stops the system working properly.

For those who try to justify trollers by saying they're just playing how they enjoy, that would be all well and good if they hadn't agreed to the TOS like the rest of us. We've all paid our live subs, we should all get to play how we want, but not when it's ruining somebody elses day. For those who claim they were wrecking the wreckers and got banned, well that's your fault. Like I said we all agreed to the TOS, there is no excuse or justification for breaking them. If it's a first or minor offence, you'll get a week ban or something, but if you've got a perma-ban, you know what you did. And it was most likely not a 'one-off'.
#85 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:19:37 PM(UTC)
Same problem with Horizon, too many intentional wreckers, even had 2 gold level 50's braking to block my way, rarely find a good race in the "find game" section, had much more fun in no collision, least i can win by skill and not wrecking the way to 1st, even won 4 races in a row and the host kicked me LOL, since its only a game and you can't recreate the damage that crashes would do the wreckers will continue to do it, at best report them

#86 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:42:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Prolacticus Go to Quoted Post
Reading these forums, every third post is about the bad racing online.

I understand the frustration, the desire to allocate blame, and the rule of nature that dictates one expend as little energy as possible to get from point A to point B.

This is *not* an anti-T10 post. What I talk about here applies to just about every game I've played for a while. But it does help explain the "idiots".

Does anybody remember the days when games came with manuals? Like, there was this booklet kind of thing that had information about the game in it. It taught you how to play the game... how to configure the game... little niceties that made it easy to get started.

Forza 5 has something similar to those booklets, but it consists of that not-entirely-helpful help you can access from a buried menu (the location of which I've forgotten because it's, you know, buried). It's thin on info. The absolute bare amount of information required. That's it. Nothing notable about driving style. Nothing about how one should remain on the track during a race. It's nothing. And it's a nothing that people won't even find.

This isn't just a T10 thing, but an industry thing. Manuals don't exist anymore. Instead, we get contextual help (which might not help), we get half-written FAQs, and, ultimately, the closest thing to a manual anyone can find is what's created by the community, such as this forum and the information provided by *very* generous people. But a forum still isn't a manual, and there are many people who have no idea the forum even exists. Furthermore, that doesn't take into account the difficulty of navigating a forum if you aren't used the medium.

So, how are people supposed to learn racing etiquette? Most of them don't even know they can turn assists on and off. I'm talking about important - *critical* - options that completely change the game. When I played F5 for the first time, I don't remember a tutorial telling me in any detail how to do these things. I remember being put in a P1 and told not to worry about winning. Then I cruised around Prague in a car with so many assists on that I'm not even sure I had anything to do with driving it.

And what about career mode? Anybody remember their first couple races after being given a free car? The first race is a nice trip through the Alps. But the second race...

I apologize for the caps, but I don't think I can emphasize this point enough. In the second race, your job is to drive around the Top Gear track while SLAMMING INTO TRASH BINS, ROAD BLOCKS, LUGGAGE, ROAD SIGNS, and CARDBOARD BUSES.

That's the second race! Your introduction to Forza 5 includes a destruction derby. Not just with the aforementioned objects (I even left out a few), but with cars on the road. Sure, you're not told to run into the cars, but what do you think is going to happen when you can't see what's ahead of you because a cardboard double-decker is in the way?

Before or after the race, is there anything saying, "Please don't do this online, as it might bother other players." No. Nothing. You get a medal, and if you did well, the medal triggers your brain to release a shot of dopamine into a pleasure center, and now you've learned that slamming into things makes you feel goooooood (I'm going overboard with the dopamine - kind of). After that, you get curious about playing online, so you head to a lobby. What do you find? The slogan "Rubbing is racing" (if you've played in the beginner C lobby, you know what I'm talking about). I can't tell you how many times I've been flipped by someone who apologizes by saying, "Get over it, dude.... rubbing is racing."

Um. Argh? ARGH!

Where's the tutorial that explains racing lines? Or assists? Or how to pass properly? Or what an apex is? These are simple things. They may not be exciting, but there isn't even the tiniest effort made to teach the uninitiated what racing is, as opposed to just driving.

Where's the tutorial that explains the advanced settings? How many people accidentally slam into things because they don't know they can adjust controller deadzones, thereby customizing the sensitivity to best suit their style? I did much better when I switched to 0-100 for steering.

I realize it's a lot of information to cover, but it's important.

There should at least be a section of the game, accessible from the main menu (the screen where you select career mode, multiplayer, etc.), that takes you to detailed tutorial videos. Done correctly, you could explain in a couple minutes how to properly take a corner. You won't turn the player into the greatest racer in the universe, but you *might* improve things just enough. Little tutorials like that.

And yes, yes, yes: I know people have made similar tutorials and posted them online. That's great. But it should all be included with the game, done professionally, and be easy to find. You *must* give people the path of least resistance to information.

It's hard for me to believe that the geniuses (I use that word in all seriousness) at T10 can make something as epic as F5, but can't get it together enough to create some *real* help. Real tutorials.

So, are the people online "idiots"? Or are they uninformed? Obviously they can be either of these things, both of these things, and any combination of other qualities (uninformed Nobel Prize winners, for example).

It's not right to call them idiots or to attribute maliciousness to their bad racing when nothing has been done by T10 to start them off on the right foot.

Completely get what you are saying.

BUT . . . .

There are things in society that are considered norms, like social norms. These dirtbag jerks online ruining everyone's fun and racing experience know the difference and know what they are doing.

There is no excuse for them. None. Turn 10 and Microsoft NEED to step and permanently ban these types of people across Xbox Live as a whole. I am done with Forza going forward and will not purchase another Forza Motorsport game due to their lack of willingness and/or care to fix this issue of dirtbag jerk in online games.

#87 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:45:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post

All legal correspondence should be forwarded to Turn 10 at their email address, forzafb@microsoft.com.

Have a nice day.

LMAO!!!

That was pure win. I would bet the dude complaining was a total scrub and wrecking on purpose. Glad he was banned. Need to see lot more of this in Forza and Xbox Live as a whole. I pay $60+ for a game and another $60 for Xbox Live. Why should $120+ of my money go to having zero fun. There are other places I can spend it and actually have enjoyment vs dealing with the **** online as is now.
#88 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:51:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post
The Xbox One's so-called "Smart Match" technology really should recognise the jerks. For example, the intentional crashers should have to play with other intentional crashers. The clean racers should be with other clean racers, to make it fair. Due to all of the causual players, it makes crashing at an advantage, not knowing that there are serious players who really do know how to race, like me, though I don't have the game, nor the Xbox One. I avoid collisions whenever possible (maybe getting an uncertified lap due to drafting or being drafted).

Do you Block them and also provided Negative Reports?

Supposedly . . . and I do stress supposedly . . . the new system in Xbox One is to match scrubs up with the scrubs and good with the good. Of course this only works if people do it.

So here is what you do. I do this all the time. Not joking. Recommend it fully.

So when I am wrecked and rammed intentionally, it is "Xbox record that". I then watch clip and/or clips after the race go into Recent Players, Block and file Negative Review against them. Think Turn 10 has or should start up a group that you can forward the clips to for review and permanent ban to Forza online multiplayer racing. This is only thing that can save the franchise from falling into obscurity.
#89 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:56:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post

For those who try to justify trollers by saying they're just playing how they enjoy, that would be all well and good if they hadn't agreed to the TOS like the rest of us. We've all paid our live subs, we should all get to play how we want, but not when it's ruining somebody elses day. For those who claim they were wrecking the wreckers and got banned, well that's your fault. Like I said we all agreed to the TOS, there is no excuse or justification for breaking them. If it's a first or minor offence, you'll get a week ban or something, but if you've got a perma-ban, you know what you did. And it was most likely not a 'one-off'.

THANK YOU!!!

It is so stale and so old of the typical and usual reply of "I do what I want."

Well, I would like easy money, buy an island, build a big house on it, and live happily ever after. Robbing a bank is good way to accomplish this. But there are rules and laws in life that I can not break or I will pay the consequences. Much like as it should be enforced on Xbox Live. I paid to have fun.

I DID NOT pay to be glitched, cheated, or my fun ruined because players want to be jerks and not play in the spirit of the game.
#90 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:59:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: G3neral Carn4ge Go to Quoted Post
Same problem with Horizon, too many intentional wreckers, even had 2 gold level 50's braking to block my way, rarely find a good race in the "find game" section, had much more fun in no collision, least i can win by skill and not wrecking the way to 1st, even won 4 races in a row and the host kicked me LOL, since its only a game and you can't recreate the damage that crashes would do the wreckers will continue to do it, at best report them

"Xbox record that"

Have place to send clip for review and permanent ban.

Hold them accountable for their actions. Problem solved. Rammers and wreckers, good bye.
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:05:10 PM(UTC)
Maybe Turn 10 could introduce players to a quick video on the rules of racing.

AND

They could introduce penalties as this has been added to many recent games, why not add it into Forza?!?
FH4, click.

#92 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 7:26:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mikke121 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe Turn 10 could introduce players to a quick video on the rules of racing.

AND

They could introduce penalties as this has been added to many recent games, why not add it into Forza?!?

because automated systems tend to be flawed & can be abused
in f1 2010 while racing offline I got DQed in a race cause an AI car wrecked & blocked the track well I stopped cause there was no where to go & some of the AI drivers behind me didn't so I got penalties for causing contact & illegal blocking then DQed from the race.
the best thing would be for a human to review a replay.

I 'm not fast
#93 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:45:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CPU M Rossi Go to Quoted Post

in f1 2010 while racing offline I got DQed in a race cause <...>

I wouldn't say Codemaster's F1 games are a good indicator of the state of the art in AI stewarding. As a matter of fact, Psygnosis' Formula 1 97 had better AI (and that's why I agree with anything mr. Fulton has to say about AI) and far better penality managing.
FH4 Paints | Gallery
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 3:38:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CPU M Rossi Go to Quoted Post

in f1 2010 while racing offline I got DQed in a race cause <...>

I wouldn't say Codemaster's F1 games are a good indicator of the state of the art in AI stewarding. As a matter of fact, Psygnosis' Formula 1 97 had better AI (and that's why I agree with anything mr. Fulton has to say about AI) and far better penality managing.

I disagree. I think F1 2010 was quite a good system. Yes the occasional set of circumstances produced strange results but some of them could be catered for in a tweaked system.

I also like the colour coded system in Grid 2. Yes you got penalized when the crash was not your fault but the clean drivers soon got their white rating back. You could even tweak that system to be a %time spent as a red driver. That could then be used for matchmaking or other consequences.
I blame the ants.
#95 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:17:45 PM(UTC)
New online racer here... having a chance to experience wreckers for the first time, yea, they're quite the annoyance. What's more frustrating than that, for me, is that so few racers in a lobby even know that they can kick someone or how to do it. If they don't know how to vote to kick then they certainly don't know how to report or block someone. So, I'm glad these systems are in place. I just wish more than us forum readers knew about it. Even after requesting others in a lobby to vote to kick, very few will do it. So, in the end you have to just keep racing with the addled ones. But I still use the system to the fullest.
#96 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 1:31:25 PM(UTC)
A better name for this thread would be "Things we want in the manual"

#97 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 1:55:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
New online racer here... having a chance to experience wreckers for the first time, yea, they're quite the annoyance. What's more frustrating than that, for me, is that so few racers in a lobby even know that they can kick someone or how to do it. If they don't know how to vote to kick then they certainly don't know how to report or block someone. So, I'm glad these systems are in place. I just wish more than us forum readers knew about it. Even after requesting others in a lobby to vote to kick, very few will do it. So, in the end you have to just keep racing with the addled ones. But I still use the system to the fullest.

I tried the "vote to kick" once and was immediately dashboarded. A few days later, several racers tried to "vote to kick" a crasher and we were ALL dashboarded. While this isn't exactly a scientific study, i'm pretty sure their is an issue with the Vote to Kick option. (other say it works for them though.) I'm not willing to try it again - at least if the rest of the lobby is good.
User is suspended until 8/27/4753 5:38:32 AM(UTC)
#98 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:17:02 PM(UTC)
I've played a handful of online races, once I was 1st and 3 different people kept ramming me up the back when I slowed down for bends, eventually my car got knocked off the track, that's pretty much how every online match goes.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:32:40 PM(UTC)
I found myself searching for exactly this after a few hours of playing multiplayer mode. Humans can't drive in real life and are offensive in real life. There is no way that will ever change unless the simulation is so heavily modded that it isn't a simulation anymore. Or.. Maybe there the developers should put an intentional crash detection algorithm in play. I honestly feel that the lighter the car, the more attempts on my life are made from offensive drivers.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error