2 Pages12Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:37:29 AM(UTC)
SUMMER | SERIES 17

Starts December 19 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the first season of Series 17.

Next change: December 26 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific

Note: The Eliminator is not used for Festival Playlist completion; the Toyota Supra is available from the Autoshow; the Supra is also available from the Eliminator tier rewards along with the Renault R26.R and Mecury Cougar Eliminator - see the full Series 17 and Eliminator overview in the Forza Monthly December VOD.

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • Free Car: 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana Ford Focus RS RX
    (Rotating cars daily in December ) - see Advent Calendar / Horizon Holiday Party
  • Clothing: Reindeer Antlers (annual item)
  • Clothing: Snow Boots
  • Clothing: Santa's Running Shorts (annual item)
    Wheelspins cost 50 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Summer Completion: 2017 Maserati Levante S (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Summer Completion: "Happy Holidays!" Quickchat
  • 50% Series 17 Completion: 2017 Alpine A110 (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 17 Completion: 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 1965 MINI Cooper S
  • Win 2 Dirt Racing Series events in your MINI Cooper
  • Win 2 Road Racing Series events in your MINI Cooper
  • Earn a total of 75,000 Skill Score in your MINI Cooper

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 4 stars in total from Speed Traps
  • Earn 3 stars at any Danger Sign
  • Complete a Dirt Trail event
  • Win 2 Drag Strip events
  • Earn 2 Air Skills
  • Earn 1 Wrecking Ball Skill
  • Earn 1 Awesome Near Miss Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "The B-Team" | Cross Country | (B700) 1980s
  • Reward: Renault 5 Turbo FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: "Nine & Three Quarters"
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (D500) Vans and Utility
  • Reward: Quack! Wellies clothing

PR Stunt: The Great Ridge Danger Sign | 915.4 feet

PR Stunt: Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap | 225.0 mph

PR Stunt: Oldweir Speed Zone | 150.0 mph

Championship: "Old School Cool" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Retro Supercars
  • Reward: 1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 PininFarina Berlinetta (2,000,00 CR value)

Championship: "Millennial Cup" | Dirt Racing | (S1 900) 2000s
  • Reward: 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport (1,700,000 CR value)

Championship: "Last Chance Saloon" | Road Racing | (A800) Super Saloons
  • Reward: Alfa Romeo Giulia FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Monthly Events
  • Monthly Rivals: Ford RS200 at Railyard Cross Country Circuit
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2019 8:28:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:47:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Could someone take over the Tips & Miscellany guide for tomorrows playlist?

I won't be home, have Christmassy things to do. I know from tune downloads I get that it has readers, even though they are mostly probably lurkers.

For The Trial I have tried to find cheapest options available, something that is in Forzathon shop, Barn Find (Classic Racers) or just cheap, like Vauxhall Monaro for this Trial. I always test drive my builds, sometimes pre-race and check statistics, tyre heating mostly and adjust accordingly.

I ultimately aim for handling, though they tend to be pretty fast too, handling also covers slides, car should not do anything unexpected and unrecoverable, Cadillac I tried for this Trial I abandoned because of that, nice car but too much work to make it safe in certain way. Sometimes there are compromises, Ferrari P4 had rear tyre heating issue, which only came apparent on last legs of Colossus, but I suppose those who chose it for that Trial were looking for a challenge as and first builds I released for that Trial were for Ford and Porsche.

Fast enough is determined in Trial test. Car must be able to beat any Drivatar car. Within team competitiveness doesn't matter, though that may happen.

For events, like showcase Remixes I took a screencap of results and post time. I do those on Unbeatable, but I don't actually know if difficulty setting makes any difference on them. It just something to give players a target.

For PR Stunts there isn't usually much to say. There are few where new players can benefit from knowing certain quirks, like Northbound Danger Sign, where best speed to ramp is usually gained by coming to it from right angle, instead going straight to it as bumps may cause car to bottom out. I use Bugatti Veyron X-class and Hoonigan S1/S2 for those I can't do with Bugatti. I haven't shared tune for Bugatti IIRC, because it's actually terrible. Someone has chance to shine here by sharing good one for their chosen car for these!

For Playlist championships I do them on Unbeatable much because of my own curiosity and to find good base car players can use to tune their own car if needed, also those players who are new, whom usually play on lower difficulties and doesn't have much credits, can try their chances with stock on Highly Skilled. Good base can be found on Pro as well, but on difficulties below that results are inconsistent, or at least used to months ago. Sometimes I notice I use event price car or something else quite rare, car pack car and I try to find an alternative to suggest.

Dirt races with RWD's can be real pain vs. Unbeatable and also time sink. Pro might be much better option there and usual AWD swapping, etc.

For Weekly#Forzathon Challenge I have usually peeked it's contents before hand and tested everything before season change. Then I just repeat. This transition is from Spring to Summer, so should be easy.

So here is someone's chance to do quite a bit of work and waste your Thursday evening. In return you can get positive feelings contributing towards casuals getting better Horizon experience, perhaps better Trial for lot's of players, as there might be less collisions to wall, in rain which is sad, accidentally sliding to team mate and knocking to wall (Or past checkpoint) in rain, which is even sadder, and perhaps really giving teams better chances at winning Trial, and not losing and it would be raining which would be very sad.

Any takers?

#3 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
I’m looking forward to the Levante, the A110S, and the EB110s as I don’t own these cars.

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:56:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot a car

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:01:32 AM(UTC)
It's not exactly the same as ClawedScroll554's Tips & Miscellany guide but if there are no immediate volunteers, I'd recommend players give the YouTube videos by waznewz a try. I follow nine very experienced players, some of whom no longer post videos, and waznewz has emerged the best of these. He does individual videos for each of the items of the playlist, gives helpful comments and tips, recommends vehicles and shares the tunes. To date I've never lost an event (excluding multiplayer) using his recommendations.

My only slight reservation is that waznewz can be a bit blunt when he thinks a seasonal event isn't designed to be used with the required vehicle e.g. S2 class.

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:14:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:44:46 AM(UTC)
Oh, very happy that Eliminator is not part of the playlist!
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:51:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
It's not exactly the same as ClawedScroll554's Tips & Miscellany guide but if there are no immediate volunteers, I'd recommend players give the YouTube videos by waznewz a try. I follow nine very experienced players, some of whom no longer post videos, and waznewz has emerged the best of these. He does individual videos for each of the items of the playlist, gives helpful comments and tips, recommends vehicles and shares the tunes. To date I've never lost an event (excluding multiplayer) using his recommendations.

My only slight reservation is that waznewz can be a bit blunt when he thinks a seasonal event isn't designed to be used with the required vehicle e.g. S2 class.

He’s a bit blunt generally when I’ve watched them. Pulls no punches about the quality of his teammates in the trial generally. Quite entertaining!
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55:04 AM(UTC)
No new cars this week so far as I can tell? Probably sensible with Christmas holidays meaning people will be away.
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:21:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
No new cars this week so far as I can tell? Probably sensible with Christmas holidays meaning people will be away.

There should be new cars as they have done it for week-ends. The next two weeks are a week-end of two weeks.

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:21:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Shady typo

#9 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:06:34 AM(UTC)
Not sure why I cannot buy this 1965 Mini Cooper S on the summer objective? Not in the autoshow and none for sale in auctions...

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:49:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:08:12 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:01:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:07:51 PM(UTC)
Note that the Trial is not pure cross country this week. It’s one cross country, one road and one dirt. The cross country event is significantly harder than the other two so don’t get discouraged if your team loses that. I used a Lancia 037 but I wouldn’t recommend the tune.
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:05:16 PM(UTC)
It's a barn find. Make sure you've found it and picked it up after having it restored.
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:11:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IINUMB3R44 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why I cannot buy this on the summer objective? Not in the autoshow and none for sale in auctions...

If there are none in the Auction House, it’s because some AH warlords have bought them all hoping they’ll make a profit on behalf of those with no Mini 65.

Happened with the FH2 Huracan before.

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:13:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:04:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IINUMB3R44 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why I cannot buy this on the summer objective? Not in the autoshow and none for sale in auctions...

If there are none in the Auction House, it’s because some AH warlords have bought them all hoping they’ll make a profit on behalf of those with no Mini 65.

Happened with the FH2 Huracan before.

AH warlords! HAHAHAHAHA I love it
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:27:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Could someone take over the Tips & Miscellany guide for tomorrows playlist?

I won't be home, have Christmassy things to do. I know from tune downloads I get that it has readers, even though they are mostly probably lurkers.

For The Trial I have tried to find cheapest options available, something that is in Forzathon shop, Barn Find (Classic Racers) or just cheap, like Vauxhall Monaro for this Trial. I always test drive my builds, sometimes pre-race and check statistics, tyre heating mostly and adjust accordingly.

I ultimately aim for handling, though they tend to be pretty fast too, handling also covers slides, car should not do anything unexpected and unrecoverable, Cadillac I tried for this Trial I abandoned because of that, nice car but too much work to make it safe in certain way. Sometimes there are compromises, Ferrari P4 had rear tyre heating issue, which only came apparent on last legs of Colossus, but I suppose those who chose it for that Trial were looking for a challenge as and first builds I released for that Trial were for Ford and Porsche.

Fast enough is determined in Trial test. Car must be able to beat any Drivatar car. Within team competitiveness doesn't matter, though that may happen.

For events, like showcase Remixes I took a screencap of results and post time. I do those on Unbeatable, but I don't actually know if difficulty setting makes any difference on them. It just something to give players a target.

For PR Stunts there isn't usually much to say. There are few where new players can benefit from knowing certain quirks, like Northbound Danger Sign, where best speed to ramp is usually gained by coming to it from right angle, instead going straight to it as bumps may cause car to bottom out. I use Bugatti Veyron X-class and Hoonigan S1/S2 for those I can't do with Bugatti. I haven't shared tune for Bugatti IIRC, because it's actually terrible. Someone has chance to shine here by sharing good one for their chosen car for these!

For Playlist championships I do them on Unbeatable much because of my own curiosity and to find good base car players can use to tune their own car if needed, also those players who are new, whom usually play on lower difficulties and doesn't have much credits, can try their chances with stock on Highly Skilled. Good base can be found on Pro as well, but on difficulties below that results are inconsistent, or at least used to months ago. Sometimes I notice I use event price car or something else quite rare, car pack car and I try to find an alternative to suggest.

Dirt races with RWD's can be real pain vs. Unbeatable and also time sink. Pro might be much better option there and usual AWD swapping, etc.

For Weekly#Forzathon Challenge I have usually peeked it's contents before hand and tested everything before season change. Then I just repeat. This transition is from Spring to Summer, so should be easy.

So here is someone's chance to do quite a bit of work and waste your Thursday evening. In return you can get positive feelings contributing towards casuals getting better Horizon experience, perhaps better Trial for lot's of players, as there might be less collisions to wall, in rain which is sad, accidentally sliding to team mate and knocking to wall (Or past checkpoint) in rain, which is even sadder, and perhaps really giving teams better chances at winning Trial, and not losing and it would be raining which would be very sad.

Any takers?

I may not be as prolific of a poster as ClawedScroll, but his weekly contributions have tended to help me out in choosing what cars to use. I'm also not at his skill level (I'm finally racing on Unbeatable now, for one thing), but I feel like paying it forward a bit. I've not had a chance to do the Trial or PG yet, but I've done the three Championships.

Old School Cool:
Car used: 1987 Porsche 959 (obtainable from the AutoShow, 400,000 Cr)
Tune used: "Perfect" by SwaY Horizon696

I did struggle a bit because the races were a bit rainy and I was still getting used to driving against Unbeatable Drivatars on the regular. My races were close, but the car drove well.

Millennial Cup:
Car Used: 2005 Vauxhall Monaro (obtainable from the AutoShow, 25,000 Cr)
Tune used: "S16 Spring Trial", by ClawedScroll 554
I remembered this being a good handling car when I used it for the Trial that ClawedScroll had tuned it for, and gave it a go in this championship. Had no problem winning all three races.

Last Chance Saloon:
Car Used: 2015 Jaguar XE-S (obtainable from the AutoShow, 57,000 Cr)
Tune Used: "Championship", by J N F 2009 "Easy Seasonal", by RVRxNepTuneYT
This one gave me issues. I started by trying to use the Audi RS7, but I couldn't get a tune that both handled well and had any speed to it. So I tried the Jag and didn't have as much of an issue. Did think I was going to blow it on the Derwent Water Sprint because I don't think it had as high of a speed as my opponents, but it took corners much better than them.

I forgot to write down the exact tunes, but I used the Koenigsegg CCGT with an X-Class tune(grab it from the Advent Calendar. You won't regret it when you throw a good tune on it) for the Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap and Oldweir Speed Zone, and the Jeep TrailCat with an S1 tune for the Great Ridge Danger Sign. It is a MASSIVE pain trying to line that jump up, so do not be afraid to rewind and try again. I may come back after I do the Trial and PG this weekend and add my 2 cents on how I did on those.

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2019 11:24:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed tune used in Last Chance Saloon

#16 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:43:45 PM(UTC)
Hi,

Followed up on the above recommendation (from user msb247) for youtube channel/forza player - Waznewz. The channel is worth a look if such videos entertain you (game play with commentary)

Checked out the tune as recommended by Waznewz for this weeks trial - VW Golf - and it is very good, worth a download/try. I normally make my own tunes, however the video he put up made me want to give it a go. I was skeptical at first, fast (real fast for B) usually means handles like a brick, but not so in this case, even only running street tires!

100% recommend.

Their videos also made it so I picked the correct car for the games! The video as up loaded on this weeks games was entertaining, but for poor Waznewz not s great time.

My tune for this weeks games is uploaded, if anyone is interested, GT = user name here. 1965 Morris Mini Traveller "D500 games dirt".

Cheers
Troy
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:20:02 PM(UTC)
Heh I just ran the trial 4 times and won 12 in a row with my 1980 fiat 124 tune 'trial rally boss' I have 10 versions of this car and gave my b rally tune a shot on a whim as a random entry. What a cutie :)

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:21:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 2:58:31 AM(UTC)
Drunken Gator said "it can be a massive pain lining up the great ridge danger sign" -
My tip here is don't try to follow the road approaching the climb as it has a turn in it at the bottom.
I take a offroad like the Toyota Baja truck ... straight approach smashing through wall at bottom ... boom first time
It is a blind approach ..practice/experience will get you on the right line on the climb.

For the millennial cup I used a 2005 Ford GT (AWD) -my tune - comfortable win ...was blasting past most of the field on launch so all races were comfortable

The B Team trial a B700 Audi quattro - my tune ... a first and 2 seconds ... comfortable trial win ... 5 out of our 6 team cars were Audi quattros all placed well

Did the rivals & speed trap/zone (Speed ones are easy - used a 599XX evolution)
That's all I had a chance to do last night
#19 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:43:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
...For the millennial cup I used a 2005 Ford GT (AWD) -my tune - comfortable win ...was blasting past most of the field on launch so all races were comfortable...

Seems a good choice and the tune/upgrade by Pappa Joe 23112 works well. Blasted past all the drivatars - a bit too easy which I didn't mind one bit.

#20 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 7:20:37 AM(UTC)
I don't remember what the C class tune was for that I had on the Mini, but I seem to remember that it wasn't very good. So I blew it away and did an A class rally tune that was pretty decent. The two dirt races were no trouble at all.

The road races, though were rough. I made an A class road tune, and did the same tracks as the "Old School Cool" championship, just to scout out the courses before doing the championship proper, and it was so bad, the game gave me the AI Nerf of Shame prompt. Which I begrudgingly accepted, and finally finished it.

Then I put the AI back up to my normal level, and did the championship proper in a McLaren F1, which I won easily. Well, almost easily.

Same 3 courses, way easier in an S1 McLaren than in an A class Mini.

So the Mini can do dirt races in A class without a problem, but I'm thinking that it may be better to stick to B class or lower for the road races.
#21 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 11:40:02 AM(UTC)
Finally got a chance to do the Trial (going to skip doing a thing for PG, because that tends to be a **** shoot with me no matter the car). It also made me realize I had written down the tune I was going to test in the Trial for Last Chance Saloon. I've updated my post with the right tune this time. But, back to the Trial:

The B-Team ( B-Class Cars, 1980's)
Car used: 1983 Audi Sport Quattro (Obtained via Barn Find)
Tune used: "Championship", by J N F 2009

As Jezza pointed out, this is a proper trial: Cross-Country, followed by Road, and finished with Dirt. And although this car and tune was able to outrun the Drivatars, our team still lost the first race. I came in 2nd with a teammate with what I assume was a slightly better-tuned Quattro ahead of me, but the chaos behind us meant the Drivatars won on points. On to the Road one (forgive me for forgetting witch tracks the were), our team had a better go. Again, I was 2nd to the same teammate, but we did somewhat better as a group and won the second stage. The Dirt stage was the worst for me, but that was driver error on my part: tried to get cheeky clipping a checkpoint and missed it altogether. The rest of my team did well, and I was able to make it back to 8th to help the team win the Trial.
#22 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 8:55:01 PM(UTC)
b team. had issue with collision a bit today.
i sold my masti suv. already had one. but i di not have the be
#23 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 9:33:12 PM(UTC)
Horizon Holiday Party Day 21: Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck

#24 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 6:33:33 AM(UTC)
Thought I’d briefly share my championship notes in case they assist anyone who hasn’t yet done them. All races on Unbeatable difficulty:

Old School Cool - S1 Retro Super Cars (Road)

Note that all three races in this event are in fairly heavy rain, which I hadn’t realised. I used the Ferrari F40 tuned by Haulmarc, which happened to be the tune I already had installed. It requires some care on corners in the wet conditions but had more than enough power to be able to see off the drivatars comfortably in all three races. Given the wet conditions, anyone struggling might consider the 2005 Ford GT - it’s a top tier car in this class and very strong in the wet.

Millennial Cup - S1 - 2000s Cars (Dirt)

I used the Renault Megane R26 for this one. Couldn’t find an obvious tune by a forum member so went with S1 Rally by WodeFjandi. It’s three dirt circuit races, none of which are particularly challenging and the Megane will easily beat the drivatars on the dirt sections. If you used a Ford GT for the first one, that should also work here as it’s a great S1 dirt car.

Last Chance Saloon - A - Super Saloons (Road)

There are a number of cars in this category I hadn’t driven before, so I decided to go for the BMW 1M tuned by EnderOfSubris. The start race in this one is Ambleside Village, which is a tricky short circuit with no straight. As such, it can be hard to get through the pack and I only managed 2nd after getting held up (best lap was 3 seconds quicker than the drivatars though, so the car easily has the capability to win). The other two races are both in wet conditions but the BMW copes well with those and both were reasonably easy wins. In the past, I’ve used the Infiniti Q60 (Don Joewon Song tune) for similar events.

Worth noting 6 of the 9 events are in wet conditions (a particularly bad British summer!). Prizes are the Bugatti EB110 (top tier S1 car with a credit value of 1.7 million - max buyout of 957,000), Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio FE (FE car but with a max buyout of only 201,000) and the Maserati A6GCS (2,000,000 credit car - max buyout of 369,000). All worth having if you don’t already own them but not much resale value.
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 7:34:57 AM(UTC)
It was very easy this week, I passed all the cars on the first bend in most of the races.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error