This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#301 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 6:50:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JParrott 46 Go to Quoted Post
So Zermatt made me jump back on Forza for the first time in a while today so decided i'd run a few laps. Think i finished with 29.2 should be able to get it down into the high 28's with a little more running.

Welcome back! GREAT run to kick-off your return!

You can tell Zermatt he needs to swing by himself as well...lol...😂

PRKid

I'll see what i can do!
Twitter @J_Parrott92
Twitch JParrott46
#302 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 9:14:59 AM(UTC)
So Zermatt made me jump back on Forza for the first time in a while today so decided i'd run a few laps. Think i finished with 29.2 should be able to get it down into the high 28's with a little more running.

PRKid

I'll see what i can do!

.....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#303 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 9:32:46 AM(UTC)

build, tune, lap, tweak... repeat :P

finally caught a good run. 1:29.798

T5 was more of a challenge for me than T7 as others have been having.
 1 user liked this post.
#304 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 12:27:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: USCHawks31 Go to Quoted Post
Road Atlanta is such a great track

Yeah, I agree.

There's a low time there - but hooking it up is a different matter. So much momentum to be gained and lost throughout - it's sick.

I've felt sick many times after 10a.

1 user liked this post.
#305 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 4:24:39 PM(UTC)
1:34:578 now.... 😎
#306 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 7:16:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
1:34:578 now.... 😎

....👍 Great job Burnin!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#307 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:29:34 PM(UTC)
Hi guys, I have tried using the wheel again. Only a 01:32.600 in the S2000 but have gone a lot quicker but i cant keep control with the wheel!. More practise required!
 2 users liked this post.
#308 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:21:43 PM(UTC)
Wife says I have to take her shopping tomorrow so I pushed hard for a PB tonite.... 👍

Official time... Road Atlanta..... Honda S2000.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... 1:34:410 😎

The car was a joy to drive and the track was fun and frustrating too..... 😂
 3 users liked this post.
#309 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:02:53 PM(UTC)
Road Atlanta proved a popular choice of track, and the racing was the closest in the series to date. Most popular car was the Honda S2000, but the Fiat 124 Spyder Abarth, 2013 Mazda MX-5, and Subaru BRZ were also capable of setting competitive times

Our numbers grew to 31 drivers thanks to the return of JParrott 46, Coopracing, and CountRusscular. A warm welcome back to you all.

xAlea Jacta Est came out on top again managing to reach #9 on the global leaderboard in his Honda S2000. Podium places went to HLR Bubba, and minsons.

Congratulations must also go to fifty inch for an excellent lap to win tier 3 by some margin, and to BurninAsphalt for his first tier win.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 2009 Honda S2000 CR.

Tier 2 Winner: HLR Moss

Tier 3 Winner: fifty inch wins a paint for his 2009 Honda S2000 CR.

Tier 4 Winner: burninasphalt wins a paint for his 2009 Honda S2000 CR.

Tuners Prize: fifty inch wins a paint for any other car from the division, since he has already won a paint for his Honda S2000. Just let me know which car, and I'll get it painted

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Yas Marina to drive some elite racers. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 10
R Class (R900 Max)
Yas Marina Full Day
Restricted to any car in the Elite Factory Racers Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Friday, 27th December. We can't end it on Xmas Day!

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Elite Factory Racers Cars
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
1998 Nissan R390
1997 McLaren F1 GT
1997 Lotus Elise GT1
1996 Ferrari F50 GT
1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione

Only 10 cars this wek, but spoilt for choice!
 2 users liked this post.
#310 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:04:26 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 10. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:16:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 4 users liked this post.
#311 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
Way to go Chris, you are going to have to get your good lady to threaten you with shopping more often, well done on your promotion, a well deserved result for all of the hard work I know you put into the game (on and off track). Of course well done to the rest, also especially nice to see more people joining in the fun too.
 3 users liked this post.
#312 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:32:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UnearthlyDNA Go to Quoted Post
Way to go Chris, you are going to have to get your good lady to threaten you with shopping more often, well done on your promotion, a well deserved result for all of the hard work I know you put into the game (on and off track). Of course well done to the rest, also especially nice to see more people joining in the fun too.

Thanks for the kind words Steve..... I FINALLY won one of these challenges! 😀 And we are ALL winners here in HLR! 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#313 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:49:21 PM(UTC)
Congrats on the win, Burnin'. Now you can hang out with me at the bottom of Tier 3.

==

On this week's comp:

I'll be in the TVR again. Big surprise, I know. Not likely to get much seat time, but I do kinda like Yas Marina (easily the best of the Tilkedromes we have in game), which is a big plus. Won't make my time any faster, but it'll at least make it more enjoyable.

==

Edit to add:

Put a quick build together (not like there are a ton of options with the Cerbera), did a quick setup, and hit the track. Didn't get a ton of laps in (maybe 10 total), but every lap I was knocking a measurable chunk of time off my previous. Started off with a clean 2:16 or so, and by the time I got a feel for what I needed to tweak on the setup I was mid-2:12s. Adjusted camber a bit and switched over to a 5-speed setup. After driving it I'm not convinced I need the extra gears (man, do I love that V12's torque "curve"), but all my gains are still coming from driving improvement so it's kinda hard to tell. Will likely waffle back and forth for a bit before I run out of time still undecided. Rest of the setup should work as-is, though, which is a plus. Still amazed at how refined the Cerbera is. It doesn't step out, it doesn't shred tires; it just goes where you point it REALLY DAMN FAST. Probably the most polite R-class car in the game.

Current best: 2:10.7-something.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:54:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#314 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:14:10 AM(UTC)

PRKid

I'll see what i can do!

Oh hello.

Elite Factory Racers? OK! ... Believe there may well be a tune shared by me on this all over the boards so I may give this one a go! Might as well create another car as well while I'm at it!
 1 user liked this post.
#315 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:24:03 AM(UTC)
Pinstripes... I agree 100 % with your assessment of the TVR.... it is the best behaved of the bunch. The others I have driven all convey a sense of fear and shock... you know the panic you feel that causes your brain to scream out “OMG WE ARE GONNA DIE”!

Currently 2:16:969..... 😎
#316 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:26:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Congrats on the win, Burnin'. Now you can hang out with me at the bottom of Tier 3.

Nice running Chris.
After the rest of the tier 3 people run, it could be a 3 way battle for bottom of the class.
Started off with the McLaren F1 - 2:14.0, switched the to TVR - 2:09.889 (running TXR Arrow's tune) - think I've left about half a second on the track

2 users liked this post.
#317 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:51:05 PM(UTC)
Sit rep.... now 2:16:043...... still in TVR

Have decided to pit the TVR against the Porsche this week.... I got both cars under control now.... the others were too much of a handful for me. The Porsche got me into the 13s while testing.... but testing and running where the rubber meets the road are 2 different scenarios so only time will tell.... 🧐
#318 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:35:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CAR Zermatt Go to Quoted Post

Oh hello.

Elite Factory Racers? OK! ... Believe there may well be a tune shared by me on this all over the boards so I may give this one a go! Might as well create another car as well while I'm at it!

Cool....great to have you back my friend! Let's see what you come up with.

Yeah, your Lotus Elise GT1 was put up on the boards by Vanquish (at #3) back in late March of this year. And, also at #10 by "Rexfranky1959".

Best of Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#319 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:41:13 PM(UTC)
Got an hour or so to mess around today, so I went through a few abortive variations of the build and a few (much more successful) iterations of the setup. Decided to stick with a 5-speed; just couldn't find gearing for the 4-speed that worked well for all the corners. In pursuit of better stability over the curbs, I raised the ride height almost to max (which is a whopping, Baja 1000-ready 3.4 inches), dropped the ride frequency down from 2.5Hz to 2.1Hz (or from ~330F/295R to ~230F/210R). Also dropped my damper bump down to 2.0, which is a lot lower than I usually run it. That seemed to help more than the other changes, but I only got a handful of laps in with them (and I was well past peak awakeness by that point), so I can't say for sure whether that'll translate to faster lap times or not. Certainly felt like it.

Current best: 2:10.4xx

Setup for that run is uploaded as HLC10 Yas v1.0, but v1.1 is uploaded, as well. It has the lower dampers, a slightly revised transmission, and more rear brake bias. Build/setup looks to be good for around 2:08.xxx in my hands. Had a pre-dirtied lap* that was on track for a low 2:09 or maybe high 2:08, but I got a bit overzealous on the gas on the exit to the last corner and biffed it into the Armco.

* - Somewhat related: What sadistic jerkwad put the last checkpoint 1/3rd of the way around the track? It's way too easy to dirty two laps in a row, and Yas isn't a short track, even in a ridiculous '90s stuporcar. It's almost enough to make me turn rewinds on. Almost.
#320 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 12:47:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
What sadistic jerkwad put the last checkpoint 1/3rd of the way around the track? It's way too easy to dirty two laps in a row, and Yas isn't a short track, even in a ridiculous '90s stuporcar. It's almost enough to make me turn rewinds on. Almost.

If you go back to FM4, on the old Le Mans Mulsanne circuit, the final checkpoint was just after the end of the Mulsanne straight, about 3.5 miles from the start line. That was a pain especially when messing up the chicane after Porsche curves.
 1 user liked this post.
#321 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 3:48:44 AM(UTC)
Time and setup uploaded in the Mclaren F1

Know a load of people love the TVR so have just put a quick tune together - not too much effort but give it a go.
For tuning and Forza guides check out my Youtube: Zermatt
#322 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 7:06:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TPR Zermatt Go to Quoted Post
Time and setup uploaded in the Mclaren F1

Know a load of people love the TVR so have just put a quick tune together - not too much effort but give it a go.

.....👍

DJ Saoco
#323 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 3:17:23 PM(UTC)
Quick sit rep..... Porsche running strong.... 2:12:505..... 😎
#324 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 5:48:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
If you go back to FM4, on the old Le Mans Mulsanne circuit, the final checkpoint was just after the end of the Mulsanne straight, about 3.5 miles from the start line. That was a pain especially when messing up the chicane after Porsche curves.

I don't remember that, but it doesn't surprise me. T10 have always been terrible about where they put checkpoints. Right before a bunch of curves that prevent you from looking at them? Yep. Twelve miles and 147 curves from the finish line? Yep. Gran Tursimo (at least through GT4, which was the last I played) was a lot better about that. Better positioning made them much more useful for lap analysis, especially coupled with the ability to analyze two replays at once.

As much as I enjoy it for its own merits, there's still stuff the Forza franchise could learn from GT3, let alone newer iterations.

Originally Posted by: TPR Zermatt Go to Quoted Post

Probably more competitive than mine, regardless of how much effort you put into it. Maybe someone quicker (and less stubborn) than me can put a Cerbera on the map.

==

Edit to add:

Got about 30 laps in this morning. Was pretty burned out by 20 or so, but kept going. Was mostly working on improving my braking and turn-in points, which doesn't require as much focus as trying to break personal records. Ended up getting a good run on lap 28 and rode it out to a low 2:09. Called it a day after that. Have to change the oil and rotate tires on my (much less awesome) real car. Still a bunch of time to be gained. Probably a half second on the chicane between the two straights, plus a few tenths here and there. Will try to get some more seat time later on.

Current best (and probably final): 2:09.381

Made some very minor tweaks to the setup after that (rear camber to -1.9, brake bias to 43%). Brake bias may be a bit too much; 44% was pretty solid. Uploaded as v1.2.

Edited by user Saturday, December 21, 2019 6:18:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#325 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 12:55:47 PM(UTC)
After setting a 2:05.130 I decided to take the brake line off and managed to set a 2:04.593 after about 25 laps. First time ever setting a hardcore time in here which felt pretty good. I think I'm done for the week, I'm not sure I can handle anymore off-camber 90 degree corners.
45 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error